1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Watanabe Mayu (Mayuyu) / 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Mayuyubro

Mayuyubro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sasakiyukari
    What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been

2. qpet

qpet Future Girls

Perfekt ending <3:) lets drink

3. DivineIdolMayu

DivineIdolMayu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Congrats Mayuyu!!! Thank you for all of the hard work you have put in AKB.

4. Konoe

Konoe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    That is great news. Looking forward to the pics and videos about nhk kouhaku.

Happy new year guys. :banana:

5. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    perfect way to end the year and your idol career,am i right guys? :D

happy new year :)

6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  7. Fernando

Fernando Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    A new stage for our beloved Mayu Watanabe begins now. Let's continue supporting it without rest. Happily 11-Gatsu no Anklet it was first.

8. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Just want to throwback to the Mayu that we won't see again: the AKBingo Mayu :(

if the video does not show watch the video here

And as a Jurina fan, one of my regrets would be not getting the could-have-been Mayu-Jurina UZA double center :(

9. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    I wonder if Mayu still feels uncomfortable about centering UZA and doing the choreography in recent years as she did back then. It's hard to judge since I don't remember the last time they performed UZA, but if it is the case, then it was probably a good reason why we never saw Mayu center with Jurina for UZA anyways.

10. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Going to take me a long while to get used to seeing (Graduated Team B - Watanabe Mayu (Mayuyu)) at the Top.

My Favorite Mayuyu AKBINGO Moment, Loved her reaction after getting hit ("Fuck this!") lol. Plus Sae's "apology" (I know she never was going for Mayuyu as she was trying to get Yukirin, but Mayuyu unfortunately got hit.)

11. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    "Graduated Team B - Watanabe Mayu" :cry2::cry2:

12. cvbm

cvbm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    My heart aches just to see the "graduated member" tag beside Mayuyu's name.

13. Ernietheracefan

Ernietheracefan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    AKB would never be same again..

Finally comeback to S48 only to know that Mayuyu is graduated..

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

14. KingCrimson

KingCrimson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ikoma Rina, Saito Asuka
    It hasn't even been a year since I started following the 48/46 groups, and it kinda sucks that I've only discovered her at the end of her AKB career.

Watanabe Mayu is the one who got me into AKB48. I was on Youtube clicking through J-rock MVs, looking for new bands to listen to, and an AKB48 MV popped up in the recommendations. I'd heard about AKB before in passing, mostly through references in anime and manga, and those communities, but I'd never really cared to look into them. And really, I didn't care much for idol music. But for some reason I clicked; I think it was Koisuru Fortune Cookie or High Tension. I remember thinking the song was catchy, but not enough to get me looking into their other music. I did, however, think the girls were cute, and that was probably the reason I clicked on the sidebar recommendation: Mayuyu vs Kojima Haruna in Shoujiki Shogi. I laughed until my face hurt from smiling. Then I watched another clip: Mayuyu vs Yukirin. And then another, and then somehow I'd spent hours watching AKBingo clips. I suddenly wanted to know more about this unbearably cute "Fearsome Idol Cyborg," and this ridiculous, entertaining group she was a part of.

In all honesty, I can't say that Mayuyu has ever been my oshimen. And I was fickle with my favourites as I watched more and more of their antics--Shinoda Mariko, Takahashi Minami... and Oshima Yuko most of all; the list goes on--but Mayuyu would always be second or third. Kinda like how her Senbatsu have gone :^^;:. Even now, Yukirin occupies a spot ahead of her on my list (which Matsui Rena tops, by the way. Now and forever.) And to be fair, I've only actually caught up to 2015 when it comes to 48-group activity in depth (Hey, it's literal years I have to catch up with, and with all the sister groups), only keeping quick tabs on what's going on currently. Who knows, maybe the list will shuffle when I get through 2015-2017!

But I can only even talk about things like this because I watched a sharp-tongued, twin-tailed, anime-loving idol verbally torpedo four senpai on a variety show. I may not love AKB as much as I do Nogizaka and Keyakizaka now, and I still don't listen to much AKB music at all, but I will be eternally grateful to Watanabe Mayu for introducing me to this weird, wonderful idol world. To me, she embodies the ultimate "Idol you can meet": cute, glamorous, cool, professional, humble, witty, quirky, silly, charismatic. And also a massive dork. Even though she's not my number one idol, she will always have a special place in my heart for being the first.

Godspeed and good fortune, you brilliant, shining star.

• Like Like x 1
  15. qpet

qpet Future Girls

2018-01-01

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  16. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Feels sad this thread is now fall under the graduated members tab..

17. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Last year was Paruru’s last year, and she finished third in the voting after Sayanee and Sasshi. That might have meant more than 2016 being Kojiharu’s last year (but I don’t know the ratings).

Like Mayuyu, Paruru graduated before Kouhaku, while Kojiharu didn’t graduate until 2017.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  18. Madoka

Madoka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I'm not sure what you mean by "Paruru finishing 3rd meaning more than 2016 being Kojiharu's last year," but last year AKB's performance garnered a 39.6%, while this year they got 41.2%.

19. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I was speaking about why someone in the public would have wanted to watch AKB48 in Kouhaku. If people were really interested in seeing Kojiharu in her last Kouhaku, I would have expected them to vote for her.

I liked (and still like) Paruru, I voted for her, and I watched Kouhaku to see how she placed. I assume someone who wanted to watch Kojiharu would have done the same. I admit that “wanting to see” and “vote for” are not the same, but I think they would be highly correlated.

P.S. the “That” was a reference to “last year,” not to the voting results, but I now see I wasn’t that clear.

20. Madoka

Madoka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I see. But your last sentence is only true if an "one person = one vote" system. Too many of these online popularity polls allow multiple votes much too easily. For that favorite actor poll about Hiyokko, I watched Paruru get 10x more votes in 3 hours than any other actor/actress, including the heroine. In fact, she won that poll while having some of the least screen time in the asadora.