1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Umemoto Izumi (Chiizu) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Ugokanaide

Ugokanaide Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Moriyasu Madoka
    Hey, guys. Does anyone remember when chiizu performed MARIA? I really want to watch it again but I don't find videos of it so I guess I'll download the LOD

2. Mayoi

Mayoi Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

From http://tokyogirlsupdate.com/rino-sashihara-triumphant-hakata-20150648976.html
    :lol: Poor chiizu!!!

3. kinakomochi

kinakomochi Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I think that was 'Natsu (Matsuoka Natsumi)' ... ;)

But yeah -- I bet Chiizu was mortified! :eek::fp: Though have to disagree with my Empress over Ume's chara not being a great example for girls all over Japan... but then again, that's my Western cultural bias showing. Show 'em how to get things done, Ume!!! :^^;:

4. Mayoi

Yes, I love her tomboy character. It's rare to see in the 48 groups yet it's one of my favorite character types! :blush:

5. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

a video with Ume's teasing

6. kinakomochi

Yup -- but I think 'tomboy' is a bit simplistic for her -- Chiizu's quiet and gentle otherwise, and her sensitivity and creativity seem counter to that chara... but it's her devotion to do-your-absolute-best-so-no-regrets mindset that makes me (and Gotou-niisan) her ardent fans. :blush:

Speak softly, and carry a big stick -- that's my Chiizu. :1st:

Augh! Made private! :(

7. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

fixed

8. Mayoi

@kinakomochi @fatrain thanks for the video!

@kinakomochi interesting! She sounds so cool. I only just discovered Chiizu so I don't know that much about her yet. Hope I can see her more in the future! I really like her. :)

9. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    There was an Odekake episode a few months ago where Chiizu was trying out a local delicacy and had to give a reaction to the camera. She said a few words, and gave the typical "oshi!" reaction.

However, a few seconds later she started to cry and revealed she wasn't satisfied with how she expressed about the food. I was blown away by her honesty and dedication to her work.

Apparently she played the guitar in one of the concerts from the Hong Kong and Taiwan DVD. That would be great to see.

10. kinakomochi

EDIT: First -- thanks for fixing the video, fatrain! :approve:

She is the archetype for a 'ganbare musume' (never-give-up girl), or a 'nandemo dekiru musume' (I-can-do-anything girl) -- something Gotou-niisan definitely picked up on far earlier than me. Whatever she does, her 'majime' (seriousness) really reaches out and strums my feels. :blush: She isn't the prettiest, tallest, smartest or most popular girl in the group... but gives 100% of what she does have... and that 100% has surprised the others many, many times.

There's an old Vietnamese saying... 'it's not looks that make a woman beautiful, but her concentration'. That ability in Chiizu transcends her looks and anything superficial and appeals right to my heart -- because anyone can become beautiful if their dignity, diligence, and focus get the job done. :1st:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  11. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    https://plus.google.com/101423472932208115437/posts/3Am5VeRZ5mC

Recently Chiizu recorded a cover of her playing "Bokura no Eureka" and posted on her G+. It was consequently reposted by Sayanee who was very impressed by it :)

@kinakomochi I agree with your assessment about Chiizu, and I think it's so wonderful she's noticed by Goto-san. Personally, I just think there's something missing about her that prevents me from becoming a fan. She just needs.. something to take it to the next level as an idol. Perhaps, it could be her guitar playing, just like how Sayanee has become more famous and is now collaborating with other musicians on TV shows.

12. kinakomochi

Ume's major flaw... is she's too shy. She can bring it when it comes to short bursts of inspiration... but she doesn't really have a path set with a chara to match... 'majime' is awesome, but it's reactionary. She's great in music, photography... if she stepped out of her comfort zone with those and made an impact on her fanbase in a challenging but realistic way -- even with a hard failure or two under her belt -- she'd win enough support to rank, I think... after all, Piichan did last year, no reason Ume shouldn't with a bit of confidence. The issue is to inspire her fanbase and get new converts. :approve:

13. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

14. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    Chihiro was never really serious in learning guitar either way xD

15. baka-rie

baka-rie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    hey guys anybody knows a page that traslates chiizu's posts??

thanks in advance

16. Marx

Marx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
  17. DX|Takamina

DX|Takamina Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Twitter:
    DXTakamina
    chiizu was awesome in goboten #64 xD!!!

18. Marx

Marx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    yeah! I saw!
    certainly the MVP!

19. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    I think I'm gonna try to follow Izumi!I saw a video the other day and I thought she was cute!She stuck on my mine right now!I'll see how it goes!

if the video does not show watch the video here
    This video help too!She's talented!So to me she entered the list of members that are good singers/musicians but their talent aren't that much recognize!

20. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    So I'm taking it that Ume is a "Theater Girl",am I right?I understood that term a bit better with the Janken and the fact it would seemed that we don't seem to see her perform outside of the theater(as far as I know) or be part of a tv show!Like I wonder how it will turn out if she were to be on AKBingo!Would she be to shy to play around?How's her variety skills by the way?