1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Itano Tomomi (Tomochin) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by issa, Jun 7, 2007.

1. JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Im so excited for a new Tomochin single at last! I loved her last single <3 and the photobook promoted alongside it was beautiful!

2. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Lots of update on the new single:

Itano Tomomi - 'Suki. to iu Koto' (2/13 release)

Music video

if the video does not show watch the video here

Limited edition cover
    [​IMG]

Regular edition cover
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

4. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I'm shocked...Tomochin's cute fang is gone...and I can't remember when it happened...

5. Bruno

Bruno Kenkyuusei

It was back in 'little' days, she was just waiting to get out of AKB48 I think

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. technosworld

technosworld Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    furuhatanao
    I miss the fang :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I miss it too. I guess some people thought it was a bit weird, but I thought it gave her a lovely look. I still like her, of course, but I can't help missing it.

8. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Merlin54

Merlin54 Next Girls Stage48 Donor

• Like Like x 1
  11. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

Tomochin's sister on "Pinpoint Gyoukaishi" 190216
    they really look alike

12. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Interview about the new single at ModelPress. Here are a few of the questions with answers:

- What is the reason for choosing a straight love song in the 11th single this time in the first place? "Like. Please tell me the background of the creation of "What is that?"

Itano: When I made the tenth single "Just as I am", I turned back on myself as a milestone song, and made lyrics. As it became a culmination of my own thoughts, I thought that on the eleventh sheet I wanted to do something that I had not done so much. Of course, love songs have been singing, but as I did a few songs that I did lyrics, I tried trying this time.

- I think whether it was a work full of new challenges even this song and MV, but this year is the 8th anniversary of the solo debut. Please tell me your mind as I look back on solo activities so far.

Itano: It's a very mysterious feeling. It was about 8 years from joining AKB 48 until graduating. After all, because AKB 48 was very long in myself, I was suffering while solo debut was in the group, but I was surprised that it passed so much. There were lots of difficult things, but I think that I could have come to my own pace in a very good sense. At first, I felt that "I have to do this" or "I have to put out such songs" for my image, was bigger, but now, "What kind of reaction will come if I send such songs?" "I feel like I'm enjoying something I'd like to do. I think that it would be nice to be able to do at this pace on singer activities, and also think that I can put out various songs such as dance number again.

Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 5.01.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 5.02.17 PM.png

https://mdpr.jp/interview/detail/1822824

13. Qtyu33

Qtyu33 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
  14. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Okay, well there are a few things to comment on here. Oh, and in the future please leave a short description when you share a link like that.

Basically the article is saying...

1) Tomochin's sales were very low, especially when you compare it to the 160K in sales Dear J did when she debuted.
    2) The PV got over 1.6 million YouTube hits. That's a heck of a lot. So where are the sales?
    3) When she was in SSK she got over 60,000 votes. Where did the fans go?
    4) Wasamin's Enka single, which released the same week, sold more than triple the amount of copies Tomochin's single sold.
    5) Wasamin was just a lowly theater girl, so how could this be?
    6) Something needs to drastically change if Tomochin's has any chance of challenging her "rival" Amuro Namie.

For starters, this just goes to show how difficult it is to transition from an idol to a solo performer. Think about it, how many former AKB48 members have had extended success as solo music artists? Moreover, how many Morning Musume members have? It's not an easy road to hoe, which is why I always smirk at how many times I see people on this forum suggesting members should leave for their solo career, as if it's so easy.

I will say this, I have always wondered why Tomochin's management doesn't more aggressively promote her singles. I mean the song has been out for a week and a half and she has made three promotional appearances that I know of, including today in Tokyo. (Shoot, I wish I had looked that up earlier, I would have gone!) Her previous singles were pretty much the same. She does a few random appearances, and that's it. It's like when these former AKB senbatsu members go solo, they pretty much rely on all the fans from their idol days to stick with them post-idol, and that just isn't the case. Going solo is pretty much starting over. I mean take a look at the solo single sales for Maeda Atsuko, it's pretty much the same story.

While I don't think the comparison to Wasamin is completely fair since they are working in completely different genres, and technically aren't rivals, Wasamin promotes the heck out of her releases, all year long. She does exponentially more appearances, offers gimmicks, and manages to maintain sales in the 9-12K range. Although admittedly the sales for her single were down a bit from her previous release as well. What I am saying though is that if Tomochin's management put even half the effort into promoting the release that Tokuma does for Wasamin, her sales would undoubtedly be much better. So why hold back?

But I will concur, it is puzzling how her PV could get so many hits, and then result in such a low sales output. One would think 1.6 million hits would translate to a lot more than 3000 sales. (Wasamin's PV Preview had 45K hits by comparison)

So yeah, I agree with the article that her management needs to make some drastic shifts in how they are promoting her as a solo singer.

• Informative Informative x 5
  15. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I watched the MV of Tomochin's latest single and I found both the video and the music to be rather dull so maybe others felt the same way and didn't buy the CD? However I did buy it but that was mainly to get the theme song for her movie 'Imagination Game' which is one of the B-sides, and that plus the other B-side track (another movie theme) are both very good and IMO should have been released as A-sides.

Another thing to compare between the latest Tomochin and Wasamin releases is the event tickets which come with the CDs. I've also got Wasamin's latest release and I think the ticket can be used at any of her events to meet her? However for Tomochin's single the ticket simply entitles you to enter a lottery to be one of a handful of winners to meet her at her solo concert in Tokyo on 6/1 (and you have to buy a ticket for the show!).

16. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Some little promotion:
    "On February 23 (Saturday), singer Tomomi Itano went on to talk with 11th single "Suki. I went to the Tokyo Dome City-LaQua Garden Stage."

17. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Personally, I think her agency just isn't really trying. I don't know about all the details of her singles or promo, but that's the issue, people shouldn't have to search so much to find infos on her promo, the point of promo is to make things visible to people without them having to search. if I didn't follow Tomochin, I would most likely not be aware that she has a new song, and I still think a big majority of AKB fans don't even know that she has a single, much less for the non-fans. Her Mv did get a lot of views but that's because she is still known, and the Mv had kissing scenes, shower scenes etc. (you know there's interest for that). I really think she deserves better.

1 year since her last single, but it's the same formula again... a slow song, there's just one Mv, a single with different versions, and that's the end of it. No big promo... nothing to make people attracted. I think she's more active on social medias lately, it's nice but it isn't enough, sadly. what her agency should do is make bigger promo before the single, to let everyone know that it's coming. then the a-side should be maybe more upbeat or catchy. They can always have 2 music videos and have the slower song as another music video. then send her to as many possible events or shows where she can be, on Tv. didn't her sister appear on a show recently? if the sister can, why not Tomochin? her agency does have power, so why not. I remember she had that show some years ago with Kojima Ruriko, I actually really enjoyed it and Tomochin was very cute and likeable. She just needs to be more visible. and lastly, release singles more often.

Now I don't know the details, is it the agency's choice or Tomochin's choice to have less promo? I feel like it's the agency. Do they think that it's not worth to invest more on her? why? I don't understand their decisions. I think she deserves so much better. Her songs are nice and her singing got better, she still looks good, she's still young, she can still do all type of songs, she could have more than one Mv by single. There is so much she could do but they always give her minimum so obviously the sales will go down every release. oh and not to forget the lack of gimmicks might be another issue but I don't know details for that.

One last thing is maybe the lack of active fans, or the lack of new fans. I consider myself her fan but I admit that even myself I don't try to spread her news everywhere... but I'm just one person and what she would need is more active fans, younger fans, fans online etc. and especially in Japan where it matters the most. How could she get this? well I don't know but there are ways... maybe she could consider making a Youtube channel about make-up or fashion? She can gain new fans and younger fans that will give a boost to her career and increase her sales as well.

I hope things get better for her and that we get more music this year ._.

• Like Like x 5
  18. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    A story about her appearance the other day to promote the single.

"Itano said "I love you" as "It is becoming a song that sings a pure love life when I was young in my teens, rather than a current love affair", and I'm in love with those who forgot about love I would like you to remember me, and I want you to be Kyunkyun, and if you are in love now let's associate your love and listen to them ", smiling."

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 5.41.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 5.42.42 PM.png

https://thetv.jp/news/detail/180574/1071871/

19. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc

So we have Tomochin, Silvester Stallone and Paris Hilton in the same music video. lol

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2019
  20. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    You left out the most important figure.

Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 1.15.06 PM.png

• Winner Winner x 1