1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Oshima Yuko (Yuko) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by kaito, Jun 5, 2007.

1. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    idk, Yukirin went flying somewhere too yesterday. Maybe they are having a meet up party lol

2. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Yuko and Yukirin are not that close lol

i dont think there is a secret meetup

3. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

4. ABF48

ABF48 Member

i wont call it hiatus, maybe some short break bc she want to travel overseas, but yeah.. u can call it hiatus too, short hiatus. also said she might be comeback again if she get another job in jpn so this just confirm that she not taking long hiatus.

the first thing that come to my mind was she must be got inspired from her close friend yoshitaka yuriko, idk probably they have some short of conversation about traveling over the world just like what yuriko did 3years ago, and yuko being herself as the genki girl who alwys wanted to try everything.. yeah, u know the rest.

5. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    Ahhhh why a hiatus, I will miss Yuko so much, I hope she can comeback with a lot of energy and genki as usual, I hope she isn´t away too much and that she will comeback to the industry.

@fatrain, When did that Not Yet´s meeting happen?.

6. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  7. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    @sscrla Oh thank you so much,I think I can remember that.

8. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

She taking a break to study abroad? Feels like a waste when she is doing fairly well in show biz. If she wanted to learn anything she could of just done private lessons in Japan.

I could only think of one reason. She wants to experience a normal school life. In a foreign country nobody will know her.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  9. Berii

Berii Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    She's still young and I don't blame her for wanting to learn new things in another enviroment: competition in the showbiz is very hard, so maybe she wants to improve in more areas to stand out more and get more prominent jobs in the future. Go for it, Yuko <3

10. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

11. Ender Wiggin

Ender Wiggin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Agree with the first paragraph, not so much the second. But that's a different matter. Touche nonetheless. :D

Looking at Yuko's instagram, she appears to be in Morocco. She must be doing her own "Woman on the Planet" SP.

12. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Thank you for the correction!

13. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I don't think her trip overseas is because of the Riripon incident. I mean, in the news article, it said that she wanted to go overseas for quite a while, and it isn't a hiatus, but some kind of a trip, which she will come back if they(her agency) call her because of work. And I think this is very much Yuko-like, so I'll give my full support to her (and hope secretly she will come somewhere near me)[hehe]

14. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    @ForrestFuller thanks for posting this!!!!. Well, good to know the real truth.

15. Merlin54

Merlin54 Next Girls Stage48 Donor

16. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Yukirin is in France hmmmm

17. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  18. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    @sscrla so is she taking a holiday or doing a hiatus from entertainment industry?.Because the hiatus was denied by Ohta Pro. But it seems she is going to travel as well.

19. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

I really believe all the girls who want to act in movies and on TV should learn English. It literally quadruples their chances of getting acting work and helping their careers. If they become fluent they could get acting work in America, England, and Australia. I'll bet that Mayuyu and the graduated members like Yuko and Maeda are kicking themselves for not learning English when they were younger.

20. Madoka

Madoka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I don't quite get this logic. If they became fluent, ideally with no accent, they could get roles in the English speaking countries, but it would likely be when they needed some Asian character. If they have an accent, and many Japanese do even if their command of the language is excellent, then there's no real incentive to use them unless, again, you want some stereotypical Asian character. It's not as if the English speaking countries are lacking in actresses that they need to out source to fill roles. There are currently many Japanese actresses, not of the ex-idol variety, who are able to speak English, who have much better acting skills, and very rarely are they included the Western works. If these more veteran, English speaking actresses aren't in demand in the US, why would Yuko, Acchan, or Paruru be, even if they spoke English?