1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Oshima Yuko (Yuko) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by kaito, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Maalat

Maalat Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yagurafuuko
    Also even if they spoke fluent English, talking in English and acting in English is still very different.
    I live in a country where English is the second language, and we have many actors and actresses who're fluent in English, with a good number of them having American accents, yet they can't act as well if it's in English, they also don't get roles on English speaking countries.
    Ethnicity is largely mixed in America so if they need an East Asian for a role that requires them speaking English naturally, they could cast someone local who can talk and act in English, and even if they needed someone with an accent they could still find someone who can act like that as well.
    But I'm getting off topic so I'll stop. :D

2. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

Folks, I couldn't disagree more. There's absolutely no way of knowing if you can ''act in a certain language'' until you learn to speak in that language. And, besides, the girls would be learning English while in their twenties and thirties, so they would never ever lose their Japanese accents. Every young girl who gets into AKB and has hopes of continuing their show business careers should make a point of learning English and I don't mean, Kojiharu's famous ''hi, Ken''.[hehe]

3. Maalat

Maalat Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yagurafuuko
    I agree. But you do realize this contradicts your earlier words? :)
    You said "It literally quadruples their chances of getting acting work", but since there's absolutely no way of knowing if you can "act in a certain language" until you learn it, then how can you say that it'll quadruple their chances of getting work when it's uncertain if they can act in that language? Even if they can act in that language how can you say that it'll quadruple their chances of getting work?

4. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

Well, of course, nothing in this life is guaranteed, but, to my way of thinking, an ability to speak English for an actress of any nationality is a huge asset. With all due respect to India, Japan, Russia, etc., Hollywood is the movie-making capital of the world.

5. Madoka

Madoka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

While I would agree that the ability to speak English is a huge asset, but I think that's true for any potential occupation. But as I mentioned earlier, there already are Japanese actresses who can speak English, and they are not in high demand in Hollywood. As Maalat said, there are Asian actors/actresses in Hollywood, so you don't need to find some native person with an accent for the role. Off the top of my head, I can recall 5 actresses in US movies. There are a few more if you research, but one main theme is that they star in movies with the setting in Japan. This makes sense in that they would need the actress to speak fluent Japanese which the US born one may not be able to so. There have only been a few that have starred in movies not related to Japan at all. But in pretty much all these cases, they starred in only one Hollywood movie.

But there is an active drama/movie industry in Japan. The actresses in Japan make a very good living, so it's not like they need to cross the lake to succeed in acting. The people on Stage are generally very supportive of the ex-AKB girls, but the Japanese drama world is generally not as effusive. I think they would do better to work in succeeding in the Japanese drama industry first, before looking abroad.

6. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Besides whether or not it is a good opportunity for them to be able to speak English, I wouldn't mind teaching Yuuko some English~ I'm studying to be a teacher and I'd like to think I speak a handful of languages more or less fluent lol

7. exophase13

exophase13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I just watched old episodes of AKBingo... (200-250) ... How I miss the old times when Yuko and other seniors were really funny...

8. SpookieSenpai

SpookieSenpai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    I miss the times where AKBINGO had idols doing non idol things such as Yuko's faces. I feel like that brought out the best of them. While some people say that the new hosts are doing a way better job at breaking girls out of their shells, I don't want to just see the girls sit up there trying to appeal as a cute, perfect idol. That's what I thought of Mayuyu at first but then she turned out to be really dorky and charismatic and I was like that's awesome. It doesn't seem like the new gens will be put in the same weird situations though.

9. LastTwoThiRD

LastTwoThiRD Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    As time goes by they will show their real character.
    Just like Mayuyu started showing her dorky side as she grows older.
    Because it's almost imposible for idol to keep their idol side their entire career, at least that's what i see.

10. Ghada Regaieg

Ghada Regaieg Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana (Naachan)
  11. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    This sounds interesting -- a different character in each episode?

12. Ghada Regaieg

Ghada Regaieg Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana (Naachan)
    yes!!! :) gess each episode has a diffrent story!!! :confused: well i'm not sure about that!!! [hehe]

13. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I assume so as well. That should be interesting! And gives us another chance to see Yuuko's versatility~

14. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    @Ghada Regaieg These are great news!!!!!. Thank you for sharing this. I hope Yuko can show different sides of herself in the drama!.

15. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Lol nice, she is back from vacation

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

16. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  17. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Found this history:

if the video does not show watch the video here

18. sgtbubba

sgtbubba Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mukaichi Mion
  19. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    People living there and in universities sighting reports onegai!

• Like Like x 1
  20. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
    yeah saw the news in mezamashi tv this morning about yuko in NY as exchange student , good luck yuk00shima :)