1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Tano Yuka (Tanochan) / 12th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Lariemeeva, May 27, 2011.

1. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

wtf I like tano now

2. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Everything I thought has been expressed by DeJure already, basically.

My only gripe is, maybe it would be better if someone had linked the full recording of the InstaLive rather than a clip out of context, so that we (read: I) could get an idea of how the discussion came to this. But even just by checking the snippet, one thing that should be noted is that Tano made it clear that she was talking about people who desperately want to become like (imitate) Koreans at all costs, which means they would do all these things -- like throwing around gratuitous hangul, getting plastic surgery (to look more Korean), and putting on Korean-style makeup -- more as a way to feel "spiritually" closer to the country they worship.
    I want to believe that the poster who originally wrote the summary knew what "naritagaru" (as in "韓国人になりたがってる日本人") means and just forgot to add that part into the translation (still an inexcusable miss)...

In the end, the only thing I can glean from this is that it's a common sentiment all over the world that people who behave like this outside of the appropriate social context are just seen as ridiculous and insufferable. Whether it is koreaboos in Japan acting like they are Koreans, weeaboos in America wishing they were Japanese (at least the early 2000s kind of weeaboos, because I see that those raised on 4ch*n and S*nkakuC*mplex tend to go overboard with the self-loathing instead), or people in Europe trying to mimic Americans (or, even worse, germanboos fresh out of Erasmus). And I can't agree more.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. emiche.

emiche. Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    Tanochan has always been like that, speaking her mind. That’s why i like her for.
    And I agree with her. I don’t like people from my country who try to look asian because they love korea or japan.
    I hope she won’t be ousted from akb because of this because aki-p is counting on these koreaboos to boost Produce48 in Japan.

4. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    「韓国行ったら整形したと思われる」
    「韓国はね食べ物は許せます」

Because this is so not talking about the entire country :glare:

5. hinapyon

hinapyon Member

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Twitter:
    nagekinohina
    On one hand I think it's really great and interesting that Tano will speak her mind like this, but it makes me worry about the feelings of the other members. Tano is Team K(oreaboo). Isn't this type of comment really rude to the likes of her senior Myao, who has had plastic surgery, loves kpop, and even hosted a kpop show at one point? Or her junior Kojimako, who also loves kpop and is really excited for PD48? Or the multitude of BIGBANG/TWICE fans in 48G?
    It reminds me of when Tano was promoted to Team 4, and soon took to SNS to say how disappointed she was with the performance level of the team. I agreed with her at the time, but it must have made the T4 members (Paru, Minarun, Yagi etc) feel awful. And again when she said she wanted to see more differentiation in senbatsu.
    Tano seems to me to be the type to hold herself to a very high standard, which is reflected in her high dance & vocal abilities, but sometimes it feels that she's too quick to judge others who don't meet her standards. And IMO she looks down on them, which is why she doesn't have a problem making comments like this. I don't feel she has many close friends in 48G.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheFamily

TheFamily Kenkyuusei

Our girl Tano is exposing those Korean bootleg wannabes.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Hang on one second, lets have a citation on that please.

8. jheadz

jheadz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
  9. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    Well people will attack her and take her words out of context or change the wording making her seem like the worst person ever, then act like saints. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if I see a video on those Kpop news channels talking about her and bad mouthing her in the comments not knowing that they're proving her point by harassing her and such by talking about how great Korea or their idols are while belittiling her. If I could see the full video rather than a clip or just a transcript which only translates probably 1% of what was actually said then I could formulate an idea on what she really meant. I really hope this doesn't affect her career too much

10. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    I wouldn't worry too much for her career, it's not built on 02-line BTS armys or something lol.
    I think it'll be insignficantly small, dispite how some might argue the heavy clout of Kfans in 48 who 100% will all now condemn her. (There's no such thing)
    It maybe even help her get on a better level when those older people in charge of some stageplays see that she did this to be honest lol. Plently of people in Japan side-eye Korea (for far worse reasons).

11. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    This part struck me as oh so funny. What makes you think they really are so?
    You see people around here being so fast to point out how anything about the idol scene is actually fake/insincere/staged/manufactured, if it means a chance to put idols into a bad light. Yet, for being ostensibly a bunch of grumpy, jaded and disenchanted folks, these same people are naive enough to fall hook line and sinker for the simplest form of stealth marketing in the book, literally squealing "Weeeh, ...-chan is an Once too, just like me, oppa unnie XDD ohgoodgodkillme" at the sight of an idol throwing a half-hearted T handsign on Twitter.
    As far as I'm concerned, I have always regarded these sudden, unannounced displays of "appreciation" as no different than idols "casually" posting on Instagram the bag of bath salts they just bought, or "casually" posting on Twitter a photo of themselves next to a bottle with the label in plain sight -- it's called product placement.
    I don't fault them for it, since it's beyond their control -- but, at the same time, I have come to the point where I'm willing to take these things at face value only if the member is consistent in this behavior over a long-term time, and/or it's something she can't possibly gain any benefit from advertising so openly.

• Like Like x 1
  12. trxsh

trxsh Member

LOL

There's a conspiracy of Japanese people pretending to like Twice? Or theyre being paid to? Ok I'm not surprised to see you say that- for reasons- but this is silly. I dont like Twice myself, but they clearly have a lot of fans. People like hot girls and mediocre, catchy songs I guess.

Anyway, I actually didnt notice she said that bit about everyone that she saw in korea having plastic surgery (and how it's "the worst"/saiaku), but it's at the very beginning of the clip on the page before this. I wonder if this will catch any steam and affect Produce48? Koreans in general are pretty sensitive about Japanese looking down on them, the historical baggage and all.

13. Wie

Wie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    Now I'm worried for Tano.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

14. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I personally find it a bit sad that this thread is completely empty except for myself and two or three other faces at other times, when Tano has been acting in two musicals this year and got a lead role in her first movie this year (DVD release April, by the way), but when negative news befall her, there are completely new people in this thread I've never seen before, talking quite a lot about her and her behaviour. I'm in the middle of exams, so I haven't had much time for stage48 recently, but since someone asked, this is her whole instagram live:

if the video does not show watch the video here

I personally haven't had the opportunity to watch it because of said exams, but if you really want to hear what Tano said, then watch the stream (it's about 20 minutes long).

Tano did not want to insult Korea itself; she said she doesn't like how some Japanese people worship Korea and pretend to be Korean (which I noticed in my own country a lot with some koreaboos). She may have different reasons for as to why, but I personally think it's ridiculous to try and pretend to be Asian, when in our own country real Asians get treated badly and stereotyped.

The first sentence was about how she noticed that a lot of Japanese people behaved like that when she was in Korea for MAMA. A lot of people were pretending to speak Korean, they pretended to know how to write Hangul and instead of appreciating their own culture and being proud of being Japanese idols at an award show in Korea, they desperately tried to blend in with all the other dozens of Korean acts.

The second sentence, food tastes different in every country. She might not have liked how they prepared certain food while she was in Korea. She has said before that she is a very picky eater, and she probably didn't mean to insult anyone. I can see how it does insult Koreans, who are proud of their food, but you have to understand that not everyone likes every dish (and like I said, she's generally very picky).

If you were a regular in this thread, you'd see that she is fairly close friends with Muto Tomu, Taniguchi Megu, Yokoyama Yui (Team 8), Yokoyama Yui (Team A), Kato Rena (who she occasionally also live streams with) and Hirata Rina. Those are the people she regularly hangs out with and takes two-shots with. I know, there are a looooot more people in 48G, but that's already six people that she seems pretty close with. If you ever watch Team K stage performances, or Kamikyoku Shibari stage performances, you'd see that she always gets included in MC by other members as well (especially Yuihan). I know your comment was meant to be sympathetic, but she does have her circle of friends (while I remember an AKBingo segment where the girls were asked how many friends they have in 48G and there were many who said 1 or 2).

Furthermore, as already pointed out, Tano apologised on twitter. I'll link and translate the tweet later.

I have an exam in an hour, so I don't have time for my usual updates, but I will do so later today after the exam.

• Like Like x 5
  15. ABF48

ABF48 Member

lol its rlly been awhile since some AKB topic topped girlschan thread.

http://girlschannel.net/topics/1529137/

but at least looking at the response tano seems got a lot of support in girlschan :D

16. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

i saw the stream, tano does come off as if she has some resentment, dunno if its because there's a lot of koreaboos in the 48g, or because she feels threatened/annoyed by the popularity of korean culture amongst japanese youth, who knows. she is pretty honest with her feelings though, and you add to the fact that she always looks moody and depressed, it makes whatever she says sound a lot worse lol

also MAMAs were held in Japan, so if the japanese were speaking in hangul, that probably means they were trying to communicate with the artists/idols

17. xxi

xxi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    Knetz and kpop stans do love to take things out of porportions though and making the matter worse than it actually is.

18. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    My bad, I thought they were in Korea; but my point still stands that out of the 16 performers that night, there was only one Japanese act (AKB48). Tbh now that I know they were in Japan, it makes the whole thing even more understandable to me. I get that the Korean acts obviously spoke Korean with each other, but they were in Japan and because of the amount of Koreans, they (AKB) were overshadowed. I mean, the one time they performed it was together with five other acts (they didn't even get to perform by themselves, as if AKB doesn't have enough members in the shadows already). And it's not like Tano wasn't being polite while they were there; Tano did a backstage stream from MAMA and when some Korean acts came into the room where she was streaming (I don't know who because she didn't show them on camera) and they said good morning to her in Korean, she replied with "annyongseo" (good morning in Korean). (And Hangul is the alphabet of Korean, not the language itself, just by the way.)

I just want to know where all of you were when Tano got cast as Sally in Charlie Brown. Or when she got chosen as Nadia in The Circus. Or when she got her first lead role in a movie. Or when they performed Charlie Brown again just last month because it was one of the most popular stages played in that theater in the last 10 years. It's just sad that none of you really care about her, but love to judge her for her mistakes, but completely disregard her successes and the good things she's done. She's not "always moody and depressed," she's just honest about what she enjoys and what things she doesn't agree with. That may not be the perfect attitude for an idol, but then again, wasn't that the whole appeal of everyone's favourite salty idol, Paruru? Maybe, from time to time, people should remember that no matter how long these girls have been idols, they are still humans, first and foremost, and humans are bound to make mistakes.

Now, I will do my usual updates. Usually I do them in chronological order, but I know that a lot of people that have come to this thread over the past few days don't really care for her usual stuff, so I'll start with the apology tweet and then do my regular stuff.

Social Media Round-up

@tanoyuka_0307 (4th February)
    この度は、私、田野優花が配信しましたインスタライブでの誤解を招く発言により、たくさんの方を傷つけ、たくさんの方に不快な思いをさせてしまいました。
    軽率で身勝手な発言を反省しています。
    今後、このような事が無いよう、自分を見つめ直したいと思います。
    大変申し訳ありませんでした。
    This time, I, Tano Yuka, delivered a lot of misleading remarks in my instagram livestream, which hurt a lot of people and which I know made a lot of people uncomfortable.
    I'm reflecting on my selfish and irrational comments.
    I would like to look back on myself to make sure that there won't happen such a thing again in the future.
    I'm really sorry for what I have done.

@tanoyuka_0307 (31st January)
    はなみず!!
    31st january 1.jpg
    Runny nose!!

@tanoyuka_0307 (1st February)
    おはよーー
    インスタみた?
    1st february 1.jpg 1st february 2.jpg 1st february 3.jpg
    Good morning---
    Did you see instagram?

さむいねん
    1st february 4.jpg
    Cold weather

あめだねぇ!
    でもゆきふるらしいよ!!!
    ヤッターヤッター
    1st february 5.jpg
    Sorry!
    But it seems like it snowed!!!
    Oh no oh no

インスタライブすこしやったぱ
    1st february 6.jpg 1st february 7.jpg
    I did an insta livestream earlier

はなのあなが目
    1st february 8.jpg 1st february 9.jpg
    Nostrils look like eyes

@tanoyuka_official Instagram Story (1st February)
    1st february 10.jpg 1st february 11.jpg

@tanoyuka_0307 (2nd February)
    おわった
    はやい
    なにしよー
    2nd february 1.jpg 2nd february 2.jpg
    Finished
    Wait
    What do you mean-?

@tanoyuka_0307 (2nd February)
    :XD::XD::XD::yikes::yikes::yikes:
    2nd february 3.jpg

@Yui_yoko1208 (3rd February)
    田野ちゃんに会ったら
    あれ?鬼じゃない!
    と言われ、
    マネージャーさんに
    豆ないですか?
    と聞いてたので、
    華麗に田野ちゃんの元から離れて、豆まきを回避してきました。
    鬼風の田野ちゃん
    3rd february 1.jpg
    If I met Tano-chan
    Wait, what? That's not a demon!
    It's what I said,
    So I went and asked the manager,
    Don't we have any beans?
    Because this doesn't look like the original Tano-chan, I wanted to throw beans at her
    Oni-style Tano-chan

[Oni are a kind of demon in Japanese folklore. On the day before spring (Setsubun), people throw beans at someone wearing an Oni mask to get bad spirits out and good luck in]

@tanoyuka_0307 (3rd February)
    #安田叶
    3rd february 2.jpg
    #YasudaKana
    [text from the image]
    Yasuda: Tano-san~
    Yasuda: [image]
    Yasuda: I will keep this picture forever
    Tano: Nooooooooo
    Tano: No no no no no no no

@tanoyuka_0307 (3rd February)
    むらさき期間みじかかったな。
    3rd february 3.jpg 3rd february 4.jpg
    It was only for a short while

@tanoyuka_official (1 / 2 / 3)
    今日の服すきな人多いみたい
    3rd february 5.png 3rd february 6.png 3rd february 7.png
    I hope that many people like today's outfit

AKB related Updates

Media and theater schedule for February:
    • 9th February: Inoue Yoshimasa's "Kamikyoku Shibari"
    • 12th February: a re-run of the Red vs White battle on TV
    • 28th February: DVD release for the Red vs White battle
    Apart from one performance for Team B, Kamikyoku Shibari, Team A, Team 8 and Team B again, the schedule for February is very empty (concerning theater performances).

19. Wie

Wie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    I don't know who to support in AKB if it's not Tano. Idk what to do anymore. I really wan't people to see her strong and beautiful point. Even with clarification from twitter there are still people bashing her. I don't want her idol career to end like this.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  20. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    What other people think of Tano shouldn't really matter to your opinion of her. People have disliked her for years. Whether you like or not is solely your decision and nobody else's. You are allowed to continue supporting Tano (she needs it more than some other people who have definitely fucked up worse).

What she said wasn't the most sensible comment in the world and I think an apology was necessary, and she's given us that so from my point of view, for me personally, my opinion of Tano hasn't changed. She is still my oshimen and I will continue to support her because she is talented, beautiful and knows what she wants and also what she deserves.

• Like Like x 1