1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Tano Yuka (Tanochan) / 12th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Lariemeeva, May 27, 2011.

1. trxsh

trxsh Member

This is what always happens when there's a scandal or controversy. News about a member goes in that member's thread. Drama is interesting, daily activities and random social media pictures are only interesting if you oshi or support that member. So if there happens to be a controversy, it follows that more people are interested.

Not that I think your concern isn't warranted, I think it would make sense if there were separate threads made for specific drama, but sometimes there's the problem of how to know in advance when something will generate enough interest/controversy and for how long, it might turn out to be just a minor thing that doesn't warrant its own thread but if it ends up being bigger, theres the problem for mods to have to move hundreds of posts from the time when there was more uncertainty about if something deserved a thread of its own over into a new thread once the randos are taking over a thread.

These things are for the most part just discussed in the member's thread for those reasons, despite that the regulars of the thread will without fail get on their high horse and start proselytising. It seems there are only a few cases where it is so clear cut and obviously a big deal that a scandal thread is created from the get-go (Sasshi nude pics scandal). Also the NMB section makes threads for random topics (that usually only get a few replies no less)
    Maybe if you send a report to mods theyll be willing to move those posts to a new thread though.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Tomu,Megu,Ami,Manami,Yuihan,Renapon,Juri,Miyuu,Mogi
    but i think she's the closest with Hirari who graduated already

• Like Like x 1
  3. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    The scandal died down like a lot of other ones. No Korean outlets or fans really talked about it save for one Pann Choa thread, and in Japan while it's widely discussed she's being awarded for her honesty and quite frankly being a new type of netouyoku/zaitoku idol.

Her career isn't going to end, if anything she gained a bunch more fans.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4. TheFamily

TheFamily Kenkyuusei

You missed the point. It's mean our girl Tano wont face backlash at all at Japan.

5. Soumi~Haruka

Soumi~Haruka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    Admittedly, I haven't been as active on the forum recently as I would like to be lol. But how about some good Tano news? Yes? Okay!

A few weeks ago the 48group released this survey asking which member you most admire/respect and Tano's name came up 9 times which I thought was pretty impressive!

Here's a list of the girls who said Tano:
    • Goto Moe
    • Yumoto Ami
    • Muto Orin
    • Kitazawa Saki
    • Chou Kurena
    • Ijiri Anna
    • Ui Mashiro
    • Hasegawa Rena
    • Cho Orie

• Like Like x 1
  6. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

We all know Tano most admired member all the time in akb is Yui
    For the record, Yamada Nanami (Team 8) also said Tano is member/senpai who she admire and respect..she inspire her
    And Yamada said this like 3 or 4 years ago..and now they'll be on the same team
    Can't imagine how Happy Yamada with that

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheFamily

TheFamily Kenkyuusei

I assume this is the first source of this ruckus?
    There is the transcript here.
    http://48ers.info/I0000092

Now let's see what she actually said.

やめな、整形。
    Enough with this plastic surgery thing.

韓国行ったら皆整形したって思うよ、私は。最悪。
    When I was at South Korea everyone assume I had a plastic surgery, they are the worst. (Personal note : I believe It's directed to Japanese fans)

てか、韓国好きな人、好きじゃないんですよね。
    By the way, I don't like people who obsessed with South Korea.

いや、韓国人は可愛いと思うけど、
    No, I think South Korean people are attractive.

韓国好きな日本人は好きじゃない。
    I don't like Japanese who obsessed with South Korea

わかるかな、言ってる意味。
    Know what I mean?

なんだろう、韓国人になりたがってる日本人、嫌い。
    Perhaps, I dislike the Japanese who wants to be a Korean.

韓国メイクとかね、まあ許される人と許されない人がいるよね。
    The Korean Makeup and other stuff, there are some people who can use it and there are others who shouldn't use it.

『めっちゃわかる』(←ファンのコメント)って、わかるよね。
    『I understand』(←viewer comment) You understand, right?

わかるでしょ。そうでしょ。わかるよなー。
    You know it, right? You know what I mean?

男から見ても多分そうだと思う。
    I believe men also think the same way with me.

韓国メイク、似合う人と似合わない人がいるから、似合う人だけにして。
    The Korean makeup, there are people who doesn't suit wearing it. It's better if only people who matched with the make up who wear it.

『この発言大丈夫?』とか、そういう、気にしてる場合じゃないから。
    『Is this alright?』Sort of, don't worry about that.

メンドクサイ、メンドクサイ。
    What a bothersome.

韓国はまぁね、食べ物美味しいですよね。食べ物は許せます。
    Speaking about South Korea, the food is delicious. I approve that.

私、いろんな人のインスタの投稿見るの好きなんですけど、
    I like watching posts from various people's Instagram accounts (personal note: probably directed to Japanese people)

プロフィールの所にもうなんか『韓国』とか、ハングル文字書いてある人は
    Someone wrote 『韓国』(South Korea) at the profile, and people who wrote with Hangul.

ちょっと無理ですね。
    They are little bit overdoing it.

まあでもちょっと面白そうだから見ちゃうけど。
    Since it's amusing I keep watching.

Now it's make sense why no Korean outlets reported it. That blogger was mistranslated her words on purpose, knowing most Kpop fans tend to act first, think later.

First, we must understand the nature of Korean Kpop fans (and International Kpop fans to the lesser extend). Most of them dedicated their life for fandom war on internet. If you think 48G vs 46G is bad, wait until you see fandom wars among Kpop fans. Some bloggers understand this situation, and tend to wrote provocative hit pieces (with misleading info if they have to) for easy way to get ton of viewers.

Lesson of the day, never trust Kpop bloggers, think first before judging.

• Like Like x 2
  8. af8!

af8! Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    Thanks for the transcript. No matter what, I'd continue to follow Tano, but I'm glad she apologized and that she actually didn't say anything really negative towards Koreans. I think everyone can understand the annoyance with weaboos and koreaboos and the sort. I don't see the problem with her speaking out.

Does anyone have a link to the voal senbatsu performance? Or any of her recent performances? I've been so behind on 48G stuff lately I keep missing these things lol

9. TheFamily

TheFamily Kenkyuusei

• Like Like x 1
  10. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Didn't I tell you? this will not damage her in any way. I'm sure many will get curious of her. At the very least, they'll remember her.

"An enemy of my enemy is my friend"
    You know that?

Btw, why did she apologize then? probably due to management pressure. AKS has been treated her like nothing anyway. u know what's more powerful than AKS?

Fans and general public.
    I'm sure MORE will support her after this.
    Maybe not to the extent of spending money, but fans is still fans.

• Like Like x 2
  11. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    This makes no sense, since like myself most Japanese fans thought she was talking about every member who had been to Japan because this is better translated as

"(I think) if someone goes to Japan, they've had plastic surgery"

That's why this is still being talked about.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

12. ayaelectro

ayaelectro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    I've been observing the development of this issue.
    There are many Japanese who support Tano as well as some of Kpop fans who understood what Tano was trying to say.
    Her comments implied to Koreaboos, not Korean in general.
    But yeah, the way she expressed her thoughts might be irritating to most Japanese kpop fans because objectively speaking she said it while laughing which makes it as if she looked down those Koreaboos.
    I'm very sad to see twitter replies for Tano because those kpop fans do not stop haunting her with hate comments. To be honest, some of them are intolerable because they were using inappropriate words.

• Like Like x 1
  13. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

i’ve been a tano yuka fan for a while and although she isn't my oshimen ive voted for her in the ssk a couple of times. the girl is very talented when it comes to dancing and performing. she also wears her emotions on her sleeve. so i know what kind of idol she is. but she screwed up and came off as a low key racist. she probably didn’t mean it but she needs to think about what she’s about to say before it leaves her mouth, or else there’s gonna be problems, especially when she’s doing a live stream where there are no take backs

you can defend her but just because you’re a fan doesnt mean you cant criticize her. i saw the stream before it got picked up by matome and 2ch and waaaaaay before international fans saw it but i chose not to mention it in any of the threads because it might hurt her image. i also don’t believe its a big issue to be honest but she shouldve never opened up these can of worms on a live stream

14. trxsh

trxsh Member

huh? as in zaitokukai? the far-right people who harass ethnic Koreans in Japan and hold up signs like "go back to your country" and "kill all koreans"?

could you provide sources/ context/ clarification
    bc regardless of whether that makes her popular with the cesspool of the internet that's a hideous label to have on her frankly.

/eta: theres also been about 80 diff translation of that 1 line about plastic surgery: everyone I saw in Korea had plastic surgery, everyone who goes to Korea gets plastic surgery, when I went to korea everyone thought I had plastic surgery
    These all mean completely different things lol- so can someone who actually knows Japanese kindly translate? It might make it easier to make an informed opinion :p

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  15. kero__kero

someone during the live stream asked tano if she had gotten her eyes done. tano was agitated and tries to prove she didnt and then out of the blue mentions that she thinks all japanese people who visit korea gets plastic surgery. she laughs while she says this.

then she mentions she doesnt like japanese people who like koreans (which was a wtf moment for me). she reiterates that koreans are cute but she doesnt like japanese who like koreans (again wtf) and then she tries to correct herself by saying she means she doesnt like japanese who try to be korean

someone asks if she wont regret the things she said and she replies by saying “why would i be worried over this?”

she mentions she follows a lot of people on instagram and she visits pages where they have the korean flag symbol or hangul in their description and she finds that too extreme but she looks at their pages anyway because its interesting

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  16. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Yeah, that's her new nick on 2/5ch and on GC. They're saying she is "true Japanese" and transforming into netouyo.

We all know Japanese, its that in Japanese the subject doesn't have to be mentioned so differences of opinion exist. That being said, there's a reason why even on Matome sites they've been picking out the comments that go "wow, you just dissed Sakura/Sasshi/Mayu/Jurina".

17. xxi

xxi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
  18. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
  19. h1ghlanderz

h1ghlanderz Kenkyuusei

I don't get it. Since when dislike = hate ? Does this means that if I dislike Donald Trump, then it means I hate Americans ? Or if I dislike hip hop then it means I'm racist ? Does this means that I have to like everyone and everything ?
    I feel sorry for Tano Yuka if that's the case.

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

20. kero__kero

this is wierd logic, tano being disgusted by koreaboos is understandable. just like most of us are disgusted by weeaboos (she's probably disgusted by weeaboos too lol). but when she says she hates/dislikes japanese people who like koreans...you don't find that disturbing? the koreaboo comments aren't the problem here. the problem is the initial comments where she said she hates/dislikes japanese who like koreans

it's probably a mistake on her part, like she didn't mean it that way...i hope, but she did rephrase it to I hate japanese who want to be korean. so she definitely needs to think before she opens her mouth, especially on a live stream. otherwise, stuff like this happens.