Uchida Mayumi (Ucchi) / 5th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Sep 2, 2009.

1. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Whoa, her graduation stage is coming up so soon. :(

And yeah, I also still find it a bit unfair how she's not getting much attention for being the very first Janken center ever in AKB history. At least I'm hoping they'll perform Chance no Junban during her graduation. :chuffed:

2. GOBlue

GOBlue Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Uchida Mayumi I think is one of the best examples for showing the flaws in management style/idol system. We have someone who has shown to be very talented in a large variety of fields. At 21 years old she has managed to become a member of the #1 pop group in Japan, became a published author and is a business owner. Not just an owner in name only either she seems to be actively involved in the management of her restaurant. Yet she was never given the time of day within the idol system including (and this I will always think was unfair) not including her in Kibouteki Refrain despite including every other AKB48 center including former members simply because (I assume anyone because I can't think of another reason) she was never elected into the senbatsu and was not popular enough.

She has accomplished more than many do in their whole lives and she has a good head on her shoulders (obviously she is has been thinking about and planning for her life outside of akb48) so I think she will excel after graduation.

3. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Is it really a flaw, or more that she just never picked up steam in entertainment?

It happens. Honestly, she would be wasted as an entertainer, because she's clearly a much more capable businessperson.

4. GOBlue

GOBlue Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Well it's hard to put into words. Why didn't she pick up steam though? Why did she not grow a fan base why did management choose not to push her that is what I meant by a flaw in the system.

You are right she is shown to be a very level headed businessperson and I hope her restaurant does well. The point I was trying to make is that several times I see members who are not particularly popular (going by SSK ranking) but it confuses me as to why they are not as popular as others. I assume it's cultural differences I just don't understand what makes a strong talent in the idol world. But when I see members who are strong singers, or actresses, or someone like Ucchi who has a list of accomplishments outside of entertainment not gain any traction it confuses me.

5. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    To be honest it's all about luck. Not every girl pushed works out. Look at Sato Natsuki, one of my former ni-oshis - she was pushed to death, the girl has some really great HS and fan interactions in addition to being one of the best voices of all time in the 48G. No traction at all.

Everything is a hit or miss. Not every push works out.

6. GOBlue

GOBlue Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Afraid that Sato Natsuki left before I really became a big fan of AKB48 so I don't know much about her other than what is on the wiki. Though she is another one like Ucchi who seemed to also focus on a life outside of entertainment by getting into a prestigious university. But I get what your saying.

7. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    She isn't the only one - there are current ones like Natsumikan, Okapan, etc. who are all very underlooked not by management but by fans.

8. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I looked so hard for Ucchi's book back in Japan but I was never able to find it. Would Amazon be able to provide me with such a miracle?

I used to hang around Shin-Okubo a lot since it was so close from home in Ikebukuro. Had I known better I would have looked for it. I was almost always there for the beauty products and the 500 yen ddeokbokki tbh.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  9. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Ucchi Grad stage in around 2h 30m (1815 JST)
    COME SUPPORT THE FINAL DAYS OF YOKOYAMA TEAM K
    BY CRYING OVER LOCAL YAKINIKU RESTAURANT OWNER'S GRADUATION

Bonus Points aka ALL THE CRYING FOREVER
    if they sing/surprise Ucchi with Chance no Junban

10. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Her graduation performance report can be found here:
    http://akb48.blog48.fc2.com/blog-entry-18369.html (I can't translate, maybe someone wants to do a write up on this.

Encore songs were Tenohira (Mayumi solo), Nante suteki na sekai ni umareta no darou (5th gen) and Chance no junban (All).
    there was some video messages from Chikarina and Shimada. It looks like Ucchi even joked asking if Shimada was wearing pregnancy clothes (From what i get from web translators)

11. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Yay! Chance no Junban! I'm glad they performed it; it's a good song to send off Ucchi with.

Forever the first Janken queen. :chuffed:

12. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Yes, looks like it will

13. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    YASSSSSSSSSSSS Back to my reading list.

I happen to have found it in CD Japan, as well. This is so exciting!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  14. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
  15. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

:ome::ome:Happy Birthday Ucchi :ome::ome:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  16. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
  17. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

18. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    More precisely, has been. She came back last night.

19. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

20. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls