1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yahagi Moeka (Moechan) / Draft 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Hugglepuff, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Dokuro3313

Dokuro3313 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Onishi Momoka, Kojiharu
    i guess she graduated due to the boyfriend scandal in early 2019.
    Her elder sister Yahagi Yukina also graduated 2 years after joining.

2. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I'm not sure about this because she centered a single after the scandal. I think she probably had many reasons... and she said that the staff tried to convince her to stay. So it seems that management didn't want her to go. But I think she probably had many reasons, maybe it's school, maybe something personal, maybe she felt that there was too much pressure from fans and antis, maybe she thought that she had a good career as idol for 2 years and she achieved a lot so she decided to go back to live a normal life... Besides I feel that she looks up to her sister, so the fact that her sister graduated (and after 2 years too) maybe it made Moeka think about it and she decided to make the same decision. who knows...

Anyway, I thought she would update a little more often after graduation, but so far she updated only once since her graduation that was more than a month ago ;_; and it was an audio (I loved it, but I wish she posted a photo too >.<). I guess she's busy with life, or she doesn't want to be in the spotlight for now. I miss her ._. I still listen to her singing very often ;w; <3

if the video does not show watch the video here

I rewatched this today, I think it's one of her best live!
    She's so cute, and I love her voice and the song ;_; <3

I miss her T_T

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Today, the making version of the finalists concert aired! it's not exactly something "new" from Moeka but it's still something new because there is new footage that we never saw before! also, this was her last activity as idol >.< Someone uploaded some parts of it but I think there's more. I'll try to get the full cuts if I find them! For now you can watch here: #01 - #02

For the first video, she gives a last message about AKB. She looks really pretty there, it's so nice to see her <3 I only understood some things, she said she is happy to have her last stage with AKB like this, I think she said she received a lot of confidence and memories in AKB and she met a lot of people and she is thankful. and these 2 years were a lot of fun and she will never forget it. and she said that her next goal is to find herself and that she will do her best ;w; <3 in the second video, she said her feelings after her last stage. She said that she really enjoyed it, and that Naachan also cried, she said a message to Naachan about how Naachan is such a good senior with her, and Naachan also said a message to Moeka ;w;

Some people also posted some screenshots where we see Moeka with a guitar, so I was right when I thought that she must be the one playing the guitar in the singing covers that she's uploading on IG stories! She's really good! She can also play piano. I hope she will post more singing covers in the future, maybe with videos too! (and photos too! and TikTok! LOL)

001.jpg

it's fun that this show aired today, just a day after I said that I miss Moeka >.< I was surprised when I saw the new videos today and it made me really happy ;_;

(Btw, for those of you here who enjoyed following Moeka in 2019, don't hesitate to include her in your 2019 stage48 member ranking here! I already sent my list)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mana

Mana Under Girls

There are some photos that Zunchan posted before, that I didn't see and didn't post here. it was on 26th December on the day of Moeka's graduation at theater, Zunchan posted a tweet before the stage happened, with some cute photos, she posted a lot of other tweets after the stage that I translated before. These photos are adorable so I'll share them even if it's late!

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg

This is too cute! especially the last photo is just adorable! <3

Btw, just now I was looking at the updates on IG, and in one of Paruru's new posts from around 1h ago, I saw that Moeka gave a "like" to the photo! Even though she's not updating but she's still using her IG, that's good to know! I hope that whenever she's ready or she wants it, she will share new photos, and hopefully singing covers too and cute TikTok videos too. <3

300.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Patrickilla

Patrickilla Kenkyuusei

Hello there
    I just want to ask a question, anybody the first Moeka first episode on AKBingo? Or any Moeka focused episodes? So bummed to see her graduate. I was ready to back into AKB48 after all oshimen are graduating.

• Like Like x 1
  6. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    She's in the following episodes: 492, 508-516, 519-525, 530-532, 535-549, 558-560.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. Mana

Mana Under Girls

This reminds me that I should watch those episodes of AKBINGO! with Moeka someday LOL I think I saw a few of them but not all of them. So thanks @iainus for the information!

For anyone who would want to watch Moeka's solo concert, you can watch here <3

I really recommend watching it, personally I love her solo concert and I rewatch performances of it very often. Sadly the channel that uploaded performances of the concert in separate videos that all received really high views (some had 200,000+ views like her live of Maji de Koisuru 5 Byou Mae, and even 400,000 views for her live of Eien Pressure), that channel has been suspended ._. it's sad because I liked watching those videos and especially reading the japanese comments... japanese people were still watching it and commenting even now ._.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Patrickilla

Patrickilla Kenkyuusei

Thank you
    This was great, I can enjoy the show again

9. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I found this compilation video with some old Moeka TikTok videos! it's adorable!

She did many more TikTok videos in the past, you can watch them on her page.
    Some of them have a lot of views wow, even up to 700k views o_o That's huge!

I really hope she will update her TikTok again someday, or update anywhere...
    Still no sign from her since March... I hope that she's doing well. I miss her... <3

• Like Like x 1
  10. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    What are you talking about? She just updated TikTok 4 days ago?

11. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Hm wait, you're right... I had no idea since she didn't post about it on Twitter or anything and I thought that's an old video (I'm actually not so familiar with TikTok LOL) but it's true, she updated 4 days ago! it's her first update since January. Here's the video for those who want to see it. it's so short but she looks adorable! it's been so long ;w; <3<3<3

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. TiduShoko

TiduShoko Member

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Twitter:
    TiduAura
    Hello!
    I don't know if I should post it (Please if mod consider it's not suitable, eliminate it.)

Someone should already know it: Max Matsuura stepped down as Avex CEO to focus on producing. Here you have the news in English:
    https://aramajapan.com/news/max-matsuura-to-step-down-as-avex-ceo-to-focus-on-producing/106462/

Well, yesterday Max Matsuura updated his Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/p/CAPlEg9lZ-R/). The picture says something like that "Start it"!

He talked about the dream of a 17 years old girl who was a popular idol and she isn't currently doing anything (I think he means in the entertaintment world).

Well, newspapers like Nikkan Sports started to say this idol is Yahagi Moeka. (she fits all the description so probably is her).

If this is true, Max Matsuura will be producing Yahagi Moeka in the future and she will debut as a solo singer!

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Mana

Mana Under Girls

OMG really! I'm trying to keep calm right now and not to expect anything because it could be someone else, but if this is real, I will be SO happy! This would be just amazing for Moeka! it's true the description seems to be her, an ex-popular idol, 17 years old, not active in the industry right now... I mean, there could be someone else like that, so let's wait and see. But I really want to believe this, and I really can't wait to hear the news if it's really her. I can't imagine that she will stop singing... and if she works with the ex-CEO of Avex, that's just huge...

Let's hope that this is about Moeka... <3<3<3

14. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    The Japanese news site 'Daily' has published this article dated 5/18:
    https://www.daily.co.jp/gossip/2020/05/18/0013350833.shtml

I suspect at least some of it can indeed be categorised as 'gossip', however it has the following paragraph (through Google Translate):

15. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Today is Moeka's birthday! She is now 18 years old, happy birthday Moeka! <3 it's funny because it's thanks to Moeka that I got reminded of her birthday XD Because I check her Twitter from time to time to see if there's anything new, and as usual she didn't update it since her graduation ;_; but then today I noticed that her description changed in Twitter, and it has a cake and heart etc. and I was confused, but then I remember, today is her birthday! what a coincidence that I visit her Twitter on this day haha it's good that I realized it on time. ^^ <3

This is her description in Twitter:

Moeka.jpg

How cute :blush: and it actually made me very happy to know that Moeka still goes to her Twitter! Despite the fact that she doesn't update it, but she's still there and didn't abandon it, yay! I actually noticed in her "likes" that she did gave "likes" to 1 or 2 tweets since her graduation, but the last time was early May. Anyway, I'm happy she is still there! I will make sure to write something for her birthday in Twitter, and maybe she could see it if she search her name ^^

She also changed her description on IG, now it says "18". Her age! and I also noticed that under her name on IG, it says "musician/group" (I saw a screenshot in japanese and it said musician/band) did she write this herself? I'm really curious why she added this! I know she can play piano and guitar and it looks like she practice it after graduation too, but the way she wrote this in her description makes me wonder if she has plans to return as a singer! Maybe the rumors are true. I'm having hopes, haha... I would be so happy if she sings again <3

and I will say it again, Happy Birthday Moeka!

:ome::ome::ome:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I really miss Moeka ;w; I hope we'll hear something new about her before the end of the year. I still listen to her singing videos often... I guess I really really love her voice since I keep listening to her singing for months and I never get tired of it. The fact that I found her cute and fun, but at the same time I also loved her talent, it makes it so much more important for me, it's one of the reasons why I wait for her (if she ever decides to be back). I wish she stayed as idol longer, even just one more year ;w; I was so happy to have a new oshi ;_;

There are some good news related to Moeka, first about her center single Sustainable, a few months ago, Sustainable was certified 2 million seller by Billboard Japan. Apparently that's really rare for an AKB single that isn't with election ticket. I'm happy that it happened for Moeka's center single! it's a special achievement. I was so happy during Sustainable promo <3

One more good news, recently Bunshun Online posted a ranking of AKB48 Group and Sakamichi's General Election ranking for 2020. The survey was made with 3,591 Bunshun readers from age 12 to 86, the calculation: 1st place=5 points, 2nd place=3 points and 3rd place=1 points (Source). Moeka actually ranked in this!!! I don't like Bunshun, but I'm happy Moeka gets love.

Moeka ranked #62, since the ranking includes all 48/46 and all graduates, it's really impressive that Moeka ranked and at a good rank, considering she was idol only for 2 years, and in senbatsu only for 1 year (2 singles). I translated the part about Moeka in the article about the ranking. There are comments from people who voted:

#62 Yahagi Moeka (18・ Ex-AKB48)

「Among the graduates, she is my #1 oshimen。 Although she centered a single and ranked #1 at the singing ability competition, but sadly she has graduated。 I can't forget the godly interaction at handshake event」

「Singing ability, dance performance, treatment to fans are all top level」

This is it! I'm glad that Moeka is still loved even now. I'm sure there are more people waiting for her and I hope we'll hear something new from her really soon... Until then I'll continue listening to her! I also want to share a cute gif of Moeka that I saw today, here. Cute wink <3

• Like Like x 3
  17. zukkybean

zukkybean Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    i miss moeka so much!!! she was what got me into akb (along with yuiyui and naachan) and i was so heartbroken when literally 2 months after i discovered her she announced her graduation >_< i really hope she comes back into the public eye again, either as a soloist or even just her posting on social media or something. i really miss her :'(((

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@zukkybean Me too! it's been almost a year since her graduation and I still miss her so much ._. I miss her singing and cuteness. She's been idol for really too short ;_; Even though she achieved a lot in that short period of time which gave us a lot of content that we can still enjoy now (like her solo concert, other singing performances, her center songs etc.) but I wait for something new. Since her graduation in February, she only updated her IG stories once, then few months later she uploaded her TikTok once, then she edited her description at birthday... and that's it. Nothing since then ._.

I'm sad because when she graduated, she said that she won't delete her social media (and I really hope she won't delete them) but she also hasn't been using them since graduation. She changed her Twitter name (not for IG, it still has "AKB48" in it) but she didn't post since then. I wonder if she's still in school? it must be complicated with pandemic. Maybe it's because of school that she can't be active online for now? Also I've read that Avex has some struggles because of the pandemic so this makes me sad, because that rumor of an ex-idol debuting solo (which really sounded like Moeka by description) might be difficult to happen ._.

Even if she just updates her social medias and post singing covers online, it will be enough to make me happy ;_;

Until then, I have thought of some ways where we can still show support to Moeka even though she isn't active -

1. Follow her on Twitter and IG and TikTok if you have accounts there, I'm sure most fans already do but for those who don't, please do it! She is not active but she also isn't deleting it, maybe if she can see that there's still interest, it might make her want to come back. Don't hesitate to stream her TikToks, to "like" her IG posts, retweet her tweets, write comments on posts (in japanese if possible since she only understands japanese but english is fine too as long as it's support) you can write tweets for her and tag it with #YahagiMoeka or #矢作萌夏. There are actually a lot of Moeka fans if you go under the japanese tag of her name. it's nice to see other fans who are still active and waiting for her <3

2. Stream Moeka's singing videos. Here is a playlist for this! I stream her singing videos all the time... I also share them. Make sure to give "likes" or even comment, it's always nice and helpful for Moeka. You can also stream the music videos of Sustainable and Saikyou Twintail (it's only the short version), I feel like Moeka would probably notice it if her center songs get many views <3 it's a way to show her that we love her as idol even though it was a short moment. I really love her center songs (she has one more but it has no MV, Okujo Kara Sakebu)

3. Last, it's always a good thing to just generally talk about Moeka on Twitter or any other place or in this thread, giving "likes" to positive posts about her, and showing support. Some japanese fans are still really active with this and it's always nice to see, it can be the same for international fans! Like I would love to see more people post here, even if there is nothing new, we can always discuss past content.

I just really miss her >.<

• Like Like x 2
  19. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    She does seem to speak good English, that’s certainly what I found when I met her in 2018 and others have reported the same. It’d be great if she gets support from international fans!

Me too! I’m waiting keenly for her debut, I’m worried that people might forget her if the delay is too long but like you say she might be busy with her education.

• Like Like x 2
  20. zukkybean

zukkybean Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    yeah i feel like her break is either due to school, her wanting time away from the entertainment industry, or both. honestly after everything she went through in akb48, not even just the scandal but just the stress of being mega pushed at such a young age, i really wouldn't blame her if she wants to spend a long time (or even indefinitely) away from the public eye. it really hurts, but her happiness and health is most important so i hope she's doing well :0 and if the rumors about her debuting solo in avex are true, i can't wait to see her!!! i can't imagine her as a diva type idol but honestly i miss her so much and it'd be so interesting to see her as a soloist after akb, especially with the legacy she has

• Like Like x 1