1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yahagi Moeka (Moechan) / Draft 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Hugglepuff, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Ah, I thought that she might not be good at english because for the few times where I watched her Showroom, she didn't react when I wrote in english (which could be because she just didn't see me LOL) but when I wrote in japanese she noticed me a few times (again it can be a coincidence though) so I just thought that maybe she can't understand english :^^;: That's great if her english is good! Because the rare times when I tweet about her and use the hashtags (so she might see it) I write in english usually!

Yes I feel like people might forget about her although right now she is still very much discussed despite not being active at all. if she goes another year without updates then it might be different though... well, as long as she comes back even just online, I'll make sure to share and promote her news as much as I can >.< I really hope we can hear her singing again ;_;

There are a lot of japanese people who love her voice, although some of her singing videos have been deleted sadly, but even among the ones currently available, she receives a lot of positive comments and a lot of japanese people write that they look forward for her to debut and that she is suitable to be a solo singer... I hope that she can see this and consider it...

This is one of the performances that japanese fans really love. Moeka's voice is clear, beautiful, emotional and angelic <3

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. zukkybean

zukkybean Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    ahhh i love that performance!!! it's so pretty :0 my favorite solo performance of hers is her cover of i love you by chris hart, she's so beautiful <3 ahhh i really hope she makes a comeback someday

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mana

Mana Under Girls

That's my favorite one too!!! I recently listened to the original (yes I didn't know this song before Moeka's cover) and I find the original version very good but I'm so used to hear it with a female voice that I love Moeka's version more (and well she's the reason why I love the song so yes XD) I wish she covered the full song until the end, same with all her other covers, she also sounds amazing in her cover of Everything and I love that song, I wish she did it complete >.< Btw if anyone wants to see the live of I Love You, it's here (uploaded by me ;D)

I don't know if you saw this, but before the concert where Moeka performed I Love You, they uploaded a short video from the rehearsal. Moeka's voice sounds SO clear and beautiful like wow, I remember being so impressed when I first heard this, she sounds sooo beautiful. This rehearsal version only has the verse part. I listened to this so much too <3

if the video does not show watch the video here

:cute::cute::cute:

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    She really was and is a fantastic singer, her voice has a lot of range - more than most girls in the group who aren't great singing solo. Versatile, too - I feel like her voice could be suited to many different genres of song. Management absolutely screwed up not nurturing her more because she really is special and she really stood out from girls who debuted at the same time and were, for whatever reason, pushed more than her.

I hope she's well, because she's definitely missed, and I hope we get to hear her sing again some day.

• Like Like x 4
  5. zukkybean

zukkybean Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    shes so talented *_* i can't believe akb lost her, she had so much potential as an idol and as a member of akb48 and she could've done so much. still hurts knowing she was basically bullied out by fans.... >_< i've said it enough but i really hope we get to see her again someday

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Naachan mentioned Moeka during Showroom!!! :cute:

Naachan explained her choice of songs for this year's singing competition, and for the audition part, she picked I Love You. it did remind me of Moeka when I saw that she did this song, however I never thought that she actually picked it because of Moeka's cover! I love what she said about Moeka!

"Naachan: The reason I chose Chris Hart-san’s I Love You for prelim is because I heard Yahagi Moeka-chan's singing on previous tournament. I got hooked into it. She raised her singing by several keys and I was impressed by how much it can change the song's atmosphere." (Source)

I really love the friendship between Moeka and Naachan and I think one of the reason they became even closer is thanks to the singing competition. I'm so glad AKB started the singing competition when Moeka was in the group because we received so much great content thanks to it, the singing covers, her victory, and she could get closer to other members ;w;

Moeka's I Love You cover is probably her most popular cover that is loved by the most people, I'm not surprised that Naachan was impressed and loved it, it's also my favorite singing of Moeka <3 I wish that she did a real remake of the song so that I could listen to her version in full >.< To think that she was only 16 years old in this. Her voice has the perfect emotion <3

• Like Like x 4
  7. zukkybean

zukkybean Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    that's so sweet omg!!! naachan is so nice i love their friendship~

8. Mana

Mana Under Girls

So I was under Moeka's tag in Twitter (in japanese) and found a tweet from a japanese fan who said "Wait I just received a like from Moeka on Instagram, her account is still alive!", so I went to the person's IG (it was in their description) and while going through the posts, the most recent post liked by Moeka is from 22nd September here! I don't know if she liked it back then or later, but since the fan wrote about it in early December, it's possible that she gave the "like" at that moment, just a few days ago!

The last time we had any sign from Moeka was during her birthday in July when she changed her description on Twitter/IG... There has been nothing since then so I was worried that she gave up on her social media completely, but thankfully it's not the case <3<3<3 it's nice that she goes to her name's hashtag, maybe she does it on Twitter too (and saw my tweets?) hehe

So I just wanted to share this little good news :blush:

I also saw some very cute videos an old Showroom of Moeka, this seems to be from the time of Teacher Teacher. She's sooo adorable in this!!! You can see short videos here and here <3

Some screenshots taken from the same account -

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg

CUTEST!!! :cute:

• Like Like x 6
  9. zukkybean

zukkybean Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    omg that's awesome!!! even though it's just lurking it makes me happy knowing she's still kinda there :') and those pics r adorable <33

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Some little news about Moeka!

From 19th December, a japanese fan who had online meeting (replacement of handshake meeting) with Zunchan (Yamane Suzuha, close friend with Moeka) asked Zunchan about Moeka, and Zunchan said that Moeka is doing well and that they met recently! That's good to know, they have a very nice friendship and it's nice that they still meet <3

Earlier in 15th December, Yoshihashi Yuzuka (draft 3rd gen like Moeka, and close friend with Moeka) did a Showroom, and there was someone with her in the same room, so a lot of fans are saying that the girl with her was Moeka! I'll post the full Showroom under spoiler.

After watching, I can confirm that it's very likely that the girl with her is Moeka! During the Showroom I think they never mention who's the girl, so there's no direct confirmation, we can only hear her, we see a red ribbon (it's a headband) and we sometimes see her arm/hand. But I noticed some things! First of all her voice and laugh sound like Moeka, sometimes I had doubts but then at most parts she really sounds just like Moeka. Then a bit before 8:30 Yuzuka says that Maho commented, she's probably talking about Omori Maho (same gen as them, and close friend too) and the way both of them react is clear that the girl in the room is also close with Maho so it's another reason why I think it's Moeka. and I think Yuzuka was giving indirect hints: at 11:30 Yuzuka started to sing some lines from Sustainable. A little after 19:00, Yuzuka did that hand sign for her and then she did it on the red ribbon, and then she did some dance moves, well that hand sign is part of the choreography for the chorus of Saikyou Twintail! The fact that she did it on the girl next to her means it was a hint for who it is, LOL.

After around 1/3 of the video, we don't hear "Moeka" much anymore, but around 1:14:30 Yuzuka did a drawing of a frog, this can only make me think of one person XD then we can see Yuzuka's full drawing at 1:17:10 and she also did a rabbit and a cat. I'm pretty sure this represents herself, Moeka and Maho! The drawing looks cute <3

There are probably more hints but I couldn't understand everything, it doesn't help that the sound is so low (even with earphones and sound at maximum, I had a hard time to hear XD) besides "Moeka" was sometimes whispering and I couldn't hear well... LOL I wonder what they said around 43:20, because they said something about kenkyuusei memories? I wonder if "Moeka" was quiet during the end because she fell asleep, since this Showroom ended at midnight.

I actually saw that in the past months, Yuzuka mentioned Moeka on Showroom other times too (just saying her name), they seem really close! I'm convinced that this was Moeka, haha. well, it was really nice to hear her again and get some news from her, and she was so cute when she randomly show her ribbon or her hand/arm LOL and it's great to hear her laugh <3

I'm wondering why they didn't show her face or clearly say that it's her, maybe she didn't want but I feel like it's more that she can't? Not sure why though, maybe it's related to school? Aren't there some schools in Japan where students can't be active in entertainment or something like this? or maybe it's another reason like she signed to an agency (let me dream XD)

I'm glad we could have some little update about Moeka before the year ends <3

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. zukkybean

zukkybean Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    aww that's so cute, i really hope the other girl was moeka!!! like i said before even if we can't see her i'm happy she's doing well :'D thank you so much for all of the work you do in updating this thread btw!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@zukkybean You're welcome! I'm glad that my updates are appreciated and that there are other people still interested in Moeka and waiting for her ;w; <3

There is something else! if everyone remembers, Moeka's graduation stage at theater was on 26th December last year, it's been a whole year now. ;_; So this year on 26th December (2 days ago), Zunchan made a tweet about Moeka! She wrote "It's been a year... (frog face) It feels lonely... (frog face)" That's so sweet and cute of Zunchan to make a tweet for Moeka <3

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Recently, I found these old videos of Moeka at handshake events, from 2018!
    These are recorded by a fan. Moeka looks so adorable in all the videos ;w; <3

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    She was - and is - great. The last one reminds me of one of my favourite pictures of her:

moeka.jpg

So, so cute. :cute:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mana

Mana Under Girls

There's something new from Moeka! 2 days ago, Moeka used her Twitter to retweet some things: she retweeted this tweet about Gucci's valentine bags and accessories and this tweet about Crayon Shin-chan talking about episodes where Shin-chan's house exploded. I was so surprised when I saw in my timeline that Moeka used her Twitter ;w; But I think she did it by mistake because she has removed these 2 retweets since then >.< she probably has a private Twitter. I'm glad to know that she is still logging to her official Twitter though and I hope that someday she can come back and use it again please ;w; it was nice to see something new from her and what she retweeted is cute :3

So now we are back to waiting >.<

Here's a cute video of Moeka that Naachan posted in IG Story back in 2019. Suchi suchi <3

• Like Like x 2
  16. zukkybean

zukkybean Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    i saw the retweets and got so excited lol, too bad she removed them but it's likely it was for a private twt or something. hoping she becomes active on her official twt someday :')

17. Mana

Mana Under Girls

So I went on Yahoo Japan and I searched Moeka's name and she is still being mentioned in different articles here and there! it's great to see, it's quite amazing to know that she is still discussed so much a year after her graduation and when she's been inactive during this whole year. She was idol for only 2 years. She really made a big impact during her time in AKB. I hope that she can see all the interest for her even now ;w; I'll share translations of the Moeka parts in those articles!

2020/12/27 Kouhaku exclusion was inevitable... 4 reasons why AKB has quickly become out-of-trend (not a very nice title but the article content is interesting and overall correct...)

For this article, Moeka was mentioned under the reason that "AKB is losing members with potential", that part mentions Produce48 and then there's also a paragraph about Moeka: "In September 2019, Yahagi Moeka was selected as the center and new star candidate. However, one month later, Yahagi announced graduation. It was ironic that the song that she centered with great expectations is called "Sustainable". There are rumors that Yahagi, who has dissapeared from the entertainment industry, is preparing to debut again under a major production company."

2021/01/31 AKB48 singing competition, NMB48 NAMBATTLE... 48 groups have reached a critical moment, will they be revitalized with new projects?

The article talks about the singing competition and it says: "In AKB48 Group Singing No.1 Final Battle, new stars were made one after the other. (...) For the second competition in 2019, previous runner-up AKB48's Yahagi Moeka won the championship. She graduated from 48 groups soon after, but her singing ability is raising the expectations for her solo debut."

2021/02/06 AKB48's Okada Nana talks about idols and singing ability. "If you are good, you can seize the chance, it's all about the ability..."

This is an interview of Naachan where she talks about singing and she mentioned Moeka! I love that Naachan still talks about Moeka every now and then ;w; The part where she talked about Moeka is when they asked her about STU member Ikeda Yura who won the 3rd singing competition and who is still a kenkyuusei. Naachan answered: "At first, I watched her like a mother worrying for her daughter; "is it ok?", but once I listened to her singing, I thought that she's better than me. (...) It seems that Ikeda-chan decided to audition for STU after she watched me and Yahagi Moeka-chan singing together during the finalist concert of the 2nd singing competition."

That's all! I noticed that Moeka is often mentioned for her singing. I think this is what made her special, the fact that she looks cute and really looks perfect to be an idol and at the same time she's also talented in singing and many people fell in love with her voice. This is why her return is very anticipated and she is very missed. Let's hope we hear news from her soon!

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Miku mentioned Moeka in her Showroom from yesterday in 20th February! (video in spoiler)

So if I understand well, around 17:10 you can see that the live streaming was cut, then Miku said that she received a call, then around 17:55, I think a fan asked if it's ok that she didn't answer the phone call (or that she closed it?) and Miku says that it's ok because it was Moeka, then she says "Yahagi", it confirms which Moeka it is! :3 (there are others Moeka and even one in HKT LOL so it's good that she said the full name) At 18:28 Miku says again that it's fine because they are close friends. I guess Moeka didn't know that Miku was doing Showroom when she called her haha. I love their friendship, and I'm glad that they are both still close!

I found this old photo of them, so cute <3

001.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  19. zukkybean

zukkybean Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    i had no idea they were friends! this is so wholesome~

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mana

Mana Under Girls

These past few days, I've been seeing a lot of japanese tweets under Moeka's hashtag from fans who congratulated Moeka on her school graduation! I guess it makes sense, since school graduations are in March in Japan, and Moeka was still in school the past year apparently, and it was her last year. So she probably did graduate from school. Congratulations Moeka!!! <3

I thought that maybe it was because of school that she didn't show herself after graduating from AKB, so I hope we'll see her again soon! I mean, when she graduated, she said that she wouldn't quit social medias (or at least that she wouldn't delete them), but so far she has been totally inactive (except for 1 TikTok video) ;w; Hope we get an update from her soon >.<

I found these old photos while going through the messages. Cute <3

01.jpg 02.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1