1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yakata Miki (Mikitty) / 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'SKE48 Graduated Members' started by xxskawt, Dec 7, 2010.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Story with pictures from the hospital:

"Former SKE 48's Miki Yakata (25) revealed breast cancer was discovered in December 2017 and surgically removed the left breast completely "

This was at the time of admission according to the article.

RATFHtHUCScVyhHCE53OwUencpinQSjKxefZlpNSQs4.jpg

https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/1759842

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    She met with Sae and talked about her treatment.

4b0250931428b3d4bb831f9ff0bab104.jpg

"In addition, according to Yagata, the treatment of anticancer drugs has not yet begun on the day of the location, but now treatment has started, "When the treatment started, it is really tedious and it is a joke right? I was about to end this time if I tried it. " I hope the second time was settled in a couple of days, "Thank you for stopping nausea ,, yea, it's really nice, is not it normal (original text Mama)" and thanks. By hair loss of side effects, it is said that 90% of hair is now lost, and Yagata said, "I think that it will disappear entirely, because 10% remains, I always smile when I see a mirror! ,, I am terrible, but I will not show it, smile! " "I do not have anything amazing, but I will do what I want to do without giving up even if I fail in the best from now on!""

https://news.ameba.jp/entry/20180604-513/

• Like Like x 1
  4. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
  5. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    NHK World is showing a short documentary filmed during the time of her treament tomorrow

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/hometown/20190113/5003106/

• Like Like x 9
  6. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Thank you very much for telling me about this program. I just finished watching (and recording) it. I had tears in my eyes for most of it, as two important women in my life went through chemo for breast cancer; both lost their hair and used wigs to cover their heads. One of them survived, and one didn't (and the tears are back).

• Like Like x 1
  7. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 1
  8. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Here is a news story about her appearance on Takamina's show.

"A program of TOKYO FM, Takahashi Minami tries to become a personality "Takahashi Minami's" What are you going to do? " In the live broadcast on February 20 (Wednesday), as Miki Yakata of former SKE 48, as a "recommendation to know my body", taught how to notice the abnormality of the body and the secret to care every day while facing illness I had it.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 25, and I am currently conducting talent activities based in Nagoya while continuing treatment. When a doctor told me that she is a breast cancer on stage 1, "surprising that" I do not have tears, it will be cancer at this age! "Was greater," Yakata says. It seems that we are currently conducting anticancer drug therapy and radiotherapy, taking medication by hormone therapy and treating once every 3 months. Yakata says "Recommendation of my body", the first is "becoming easy to notice abnormalities". I heard that Mr. Yakata came to noticing that "maybe breast cancer?" Was a self-examination. I saw a TV program that took up a lady who died of breast cancer by chance, and when I tried a self-check, I noticed that there was a lump in the left chest. Because the lump can be done not only on the surface but also deeply in the mammary gland and breast duct, "Self-check should be pressed vigorously, it is better to check the whole breast," Yakata says.

This year, it seems that I am receiving a lesson every week aiming for a voice actor "I had been a dream forever". In addition, as "When it gets warmer, I want to see the cherry blossoms in the spring," she said, she seems to have no choice but to do what she wants to do. "I'm updating SNS to be a cheerfully, so please check it out" by cheerfully calling out."

https://tfm-plus.gsj.mobi/news/h7M1Fv3JAi.html?showContents=detail

She also has an article in a new website for women in their 20s and 30s, "Nikkei Doors."
    https://doors.nikkei.com/atcl/info/about/

Former SKE Miki Yagata "Breast cancer, but you have to do it already!"
    What I can do now. "If you know more about AYA generation breast cancer"

"The AYA generation is a period when various life events such as employment, love affair, marriage, childbirth and others concentrate. While people are enjoying work and private surroundings, many people feel anxiety and loneliness in the future. Cancer of the AYA generation has different troubles and challenges from adults.

Yakata telling that she had not known at all what kind of surgical method there are breast cancer and what kind of treatment it is. After that, I listened to many opinions from the teacher and the surrounding people, and as I gradually deepened my understanding, I heard that there was something I noticed once again.

It is, " he goes on do me life , that. I do want to enjoy more my life, sometimes you want to do. So now, want to heal quickly this disease ." And Mr. Yakata decides the operation."

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 6.51.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 6.52.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 6.52.29 PM.png

https://doors.nikkei.com/atcl/column/19/011500013/020100008/

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  9. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Miki is taking on a new challenge: "Former SKE 48 member Miki Yakata (26) attended the “FWD Arctic Marathon Challenge 2019” event held in Tokyo on the 12th."

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  10. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    A story about the director of the NHK show about her. A new show just came out.

Breast cancer diary Miki Yakata" One year after the start of coverage, "a real face" seen by the director in charge of NHK
    It is about 1 year since Miki Yakata (26), a former member of SKE48, was released breast cancer. Yakata has received surgery for total left mastectomy, and has continued to deliver realistic transmissions with the program ' # Breast Cancer Diary Miki Yakata ' (NHK Nagoya) 's selfie diary (video). Yakata who has wrapped and told "What's happening to my body now" such as hair loss and hot flushes. Gen. Hamura, director of NHK Nagoya, who has been closely watching the situation, looks back on the days of coverage.

I am currently a 35-year-old director of the NHK Nagoya Station. Before moving to Nagoya three years ago, in the entertainment program department that produces music programs and variety programs in Tokyo, "SONGS", "Utakon", "Bratamori", "Utasawa Urasawa no Mantuto", etc. I was in charge of the director of the show. Every year, we participate in the "NHK Red and White Song Battle" as a member of many staff members. It is not a person who walks in the documentary field.

As a mid-level director of the 12th year, while being asked for new program planning on a daily basis, it was "# Breast cancer diary Miki Yakata" that I proposed."

[His wife suggested the topic of Miki and her cancer to him.]

""# Breast cancer diary" aims to be content that is not tied to the frame of the television, at the same time making a television program, at the same time has published all the selfie diary. Currently, about 120 days of selfie diary (as of May 2) is being released.

[His mother now has cancer]

One line I liked: "Miki Yakata is a straight woman who does not hide it."

Screen Shot 2019-05-04 at 4.00.59 PM.png

https://bunshun.jp/articles/-/11731

Screen Shot 2019-05-04 at 3.56.26 PM.png

https://www.nhk.or.jp/nagoya/nyugan/diary/program_sp02/index.html (with short video clip)

BS1 Special
    "26-year-old breast cancer diary Miki Yakata"

It has been one year since I had a left thoracotomy in April last year. I followed the days of the treatment that Miki Yakata recorded in the "Selfie" video diary and the figure that started moving toward a dream from childhood, "I want to be a voice actor."
    <Scheduled broadcast>
    May 2 (Thu, holiday) BS1 9:00-9:45
    May 6 (Mon. Takumi) BS1 4:00-4:45 (re)

https://www.nhk.or.jp/nagoya/nyugan/diary/

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Puni

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Tomorrow NHK World will again show a program about her fight against cancer.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/hometown/20190714/5003121/

I'm not sure if this is a re-run of the show that ran in January since the description is the same. It is however not marked as one so it might be the english version of the BS1 special from May.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    The description is not exactly the same. Here is the description from your post at that time.

"Miki Yakata, a former member of an all-girl Japanese idol group, was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 26, and underwent surgery to remove her left breast. In May 2018, she started keeping a video diary to record her daily experiences, and her feelings about things like losing her hair during chemotherapy and her anxiety over juggling work and treatment. Today, breast cancer is common, affecting one in every 11 Japanese women. This is a 6-month record of one woman's life-changing journey."
    vs today
    "Miki Yakata, a former member of an all-girl Japanese idol group, was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 25, and underwent surgery to remove her left breast. Since May 2018, she's kept a video diary to record her struggles with the side effects of chemotherapy, such as exhaustion, hair loss, and nails changing color. Offering insight on the various issues cancer patients face, Miki's video journal is also a window into her daily efforts to balance her career and treatment."

I think it is new as the picture they use is the one from the ad for the BS1 special I posted in May.

Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 4.29.08 AM.png

https://www.nhk.or.jp/nagoya/nyugan/diary/program_sp02/index.html

• Like Like x 1
  13. Puni

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    On a second look: The January show had a length of 29 minutes while this one is scheduled to run 47 minutes.

So it might be an entierly new show or an extended cut. We'll see.

14. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    A combination of old footage and new. It follows her until April 2019, which is the anniversary of her surgery.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  15. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    There's somebody on YouTube who uploads SHOWROOM videos, mostly of SKE48 members including grads. I was just looking at his channel and I happened to notice that Mikitty's broadcasts are included, this is the latest video from late yesterday:

[Dead link]

Seeing her there with dark hair I'm even more sure that I spotted her in the theater lobby when I went to the SKEBINGO live show in Yokohama on 4/26. Certainly there was somebody there with short dark hair who looked like her and who was wearing a hat like the one in the NHK publicity photo. She was with a young man who might have been either a friend or a family member. Why I have some doubt that it was her is that nobody in the lobby approached or greeted her, surely somebody would have recognised her? Maybe though Japanese people don't do that sort of thing!

Anyway it'll be interesting to see the NHK World show later today, I'll probably see the broadcast at 19:10 UK time.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  16. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    [I just accidentally deleted a long post. Let me try again. :wall:]

Quick comment. I am so impressed!

"Former SKE48's Miki Yakata was declared breast cancer at the age of 25. She continues to work on her dream of becoming a voice actor. An essay comic "New Gun Diary at the age of 27" depicting her daily life is being serialized in "Comic DAYS". She talked about the trajectory of the illness from the announcement of cancer to the present, the conflict and anxiety unique to young women."

There is a long interview, and much of the information was in the tv shows, but a few topics seem new, especially about breast reconstruction, fertility, and men (who might be put off by a woman with just one breast).

"I also wanted to give birth to a child in the future, so I wanted to freeze the eggs at first, but when I was going to have surgery or treatment with anticancer drugs, I would like to freeze the eggs. I couldn't afford to think concretely. First I had to get over the treatment in front of me to save my life, because it was full of that. "

In addition, my encounter with "cancer friends" gradually changed my mindset.

"I knew that even if a child couldn't have a baby, there were people who adopted and became" parents. " It's also a big thing to think, so I'm thinking now about the child, if there is a partner at the end of the treatment, if we can talk and decide at that time. "

There are other things that have changed in value over time. For example, the idea of breast reconstruction.

"When I had the surgery, I really wanted to rebuild it, but after more than a year and a half I haven't had a reconstructive surgery. I don't feel like I'm feeling like that (laughs), so I wonder if I'm so impatient.

This is a matter of personal values, and it really tells people who want to rebuild. However, in my case, I want to use the time required for reconstruction surgery for another thing. Also, I told a man I knew, "It would be tough if you had two breasts, but if you had only one, you just had to concentrate on one! ] With a serious face (laughs). At first, "What is it? "I thought," In a way, there is such a way of thinking. "
    img_f2b07a323e9cdab6f923ba69a9b96321123992.jpg

img_6d1093a860d301b4ec9b4bb34f1891f9521151.jpg

https://gendai.ismedia.jp/articles/-/69206

She is still posting her video diary. Here are the latest episodes on breast reconstruction and fertility.
    https://www.nhk.or.jp/nagoya/nyugan/diary/20191111-2/index.html
    https://www.nhk.or.jp/nagoya/nyugan/diary/20191111/index.html

You can find more episodes here:
    https://www.nhk.or.jp/nagoya/nyugan/diary/index.html

Here is her manga (remember to click on the left arrow to turn to the next page.
    https://comics.gendaibusiness.com/viewer/ndiary/001

• Like Like x 2
  17. Puni

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    She was a guest on NHK's Today's Close-Up.
    An english version of it is broadcast today

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/closeup/20200208/4002767/

Edit: times in the quote are GMT+1. You'll get air times for your local timezone on the program's webpage.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  18. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Thanks for the tip. I have set my Tivo to record the show.

19. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
  20. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    ModelPress has a news item today about Mikitty:
    https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/2255614

In summary, she's going to appear on the NTV show 'Sukkiri' to talk about her ongoing battle with the disease, reconstructive surgery and her dream of becoming a voice actor.

• Like Like x 1