1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Graduation announcements thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kuchi-Chan, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Britney M. Carey

Britney M. Carey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    The same thing happened to the Sayanee legend (who was arguably a bigger star at the time). How sad...

2. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Fair point.

What was Sayanee's last AKB senbatsu participation again?

Although thing is, I think it's Sayanee who opted to lay low with her AKB participation first like not joining in the sousenkyo. Sadly with Jurina, it feels like its management who wants less of her. And with that, Sustainable would seem to be her last AKB senbatsu participation.

3. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    52nd which was Teacher Teacher.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Of course Jurina will get her last AKB single center before graduating. She's been an Aki-p favourite despite Sayanee which never centered an AKB A-side.
    And Sakura centered with NO WAY MAN her last AKB single so of course they'll do that to Jurina too, otherwise they're going to admit that Sakura is bigger than Jurina and Aki-p doesn't want to admit it since Jurina is the 48 group member he invested the most.

And despite you don't want to admit it, yeah she bullied Sakura. She even apologizied for that and Sakura never said that rumours about Jurina bullying her weren't true... she would be the first one to deny that if it was all fake, but we all know the truth.
    You could still love and support Jurina, but denying her bad behaviours is not good looking for you.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Teacher Teacher.

As for Jurina, I doubt she'll get one more AKB center.

AKB used their two singles last year to bid farewell to Sasshi and to push Moeka... who ended up leaving too. That's a lot of lost resources.
    I doubt they want to push for another goodbye single until Yukirin leaves and I'm sure they're bathing her in gold to avoid that from happening this year.

An SKE center is a given, so here's hoping for a good song ala Maenomeri.
    Maybe some of the AKB girls can appear in her graduation song, but... I don't know who? The ones she's been closest to are already gone anyway.

If she does get an AKB single, I hope it means AKB is getting more than two this year. It would be such a waste to put out a song just to say goodbye to a member and never perform it again.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Sakura centered AKB's 10th anniversary single though. I doubt management cares right now about who is bigger between Sakura and Jurina when one of them is in a Kpop group and the other one hasn't been completely active in 48 groups for almost 2 years now. They have other things to take care of... As for Jurina goodbye singles, imo they wouldn't give her 2 goodbye center singles at once when the releases have been so rare for both AKB and sister groups in recent years, and it would be weird to have her center 2 singles that will be released close. I think she's only going to have a last SKE single as center.

Yukirin announced that she is not graduating before she turns 30 and that will happen in mid-2021 (she might stay longer after that but she only said that the graduation won't be before she's 30) so yes she's definitely not graduating this year and management doesn't really have to do anything to keep her since she wants to stay [hehe]

7. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    some of you guys are just jealous that jurina became more successful when she was 11 than you will ever be

• Agree x 4
    • Disagree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Creative x 1
  8. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    With that, I am going to remind people what thread this is, and advise you to move your conversations to the appropriate threads. And if some of you want to rehash the 2018 SSK, you can do it in the SSK thread.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Didn’t Jurina announce she’d stay for 5 more years... three years ago? dd

Girls change opinions all the time.

10. Mana

Mana Under Girls

it's different for Yukirin though... she announced it at the end of a performance on a music show, the program even announced that there will be a big news (before it aired), they made a big deal about it, it was all over the news, she talked about it many times including in handshakes etc. There is no way that she will "change her mind" or graduated before. She'll be 30 in just 1,5 year anyway. and I think Jurina's case is different, I mean she had health issues that made it difficult for her to stay for many more years... it wasn't just changing opinions.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Opinions change when the circumstances change.
    Jurina wanted to stay, but her circumstances changed and decided to leave.
    Yukirin wants to stay for now, but who knows what the circumstances will be down the road. Will she meet someone? Will she be offered a very lucrative solo project? Will she get into a scandal? Who knows. I think her leaving by next spring is feasible. Maybe even to her very birthday. But more than that... nah.

And haven't we heard of management trying to keep girls from graduating before?

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Mana

Mana Under Girls

The first two won't stop her from staying until 30 and for the last one I believe she is smarter than this, if she decides to stay until 30, I doubt she will get herself into a scandal. Even so, girls don't get kicked out for scandals anymore... and it's just 1,5 years. tbh the reason why Yukirin made this announcement and made such a big deal out of it is probably because she didn't want people to keep speculating about when she's going to leave, and how soon it is... She clearly said she's staying until 30. and there's probably a 0,01% chance that something would stop her from doing so... so why not just believe her word and expect her graduation for after mid-2021? it isn't even in so long.

Anyway, yes I believe management makes sure that big graduations don't all happen at once, not just in AKB but in other groups too (Nogi too), so I do think some girls end up delaying their graduation to have a better timing for the group (and for themselves since they probably would want a bit of spotlight if they're a popular member).

• Like Like x 3
  13. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Yuko was said she was about to graduate then Acchan announced it first. Management wasn't fully ready to push Mayuyu and hold Yuko back for like +-2 years. But I just read that from somewhere and I don't have sources, so take it as a grain of salt.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Here is an article from 2013 that discusses how Yuko wanted to graduate and that Aki P. gave permission.

"“Absolute ace of AKB48” Yuko Oshima (25) has been talking to fans that she will finally announce her graduation this year. Following Atsuko Maeda (22) last summer, AKB has graduated a number of leading members this year, including Mariko Shinoda (27), Tomomi Itano (22), and Sayaka Akimoto (25). If Oshima would follow this, the magnitude of the shock would be immeasurable. Followed shocking topics for fans. [the reason for the delay after Acchan graduated]

A graduation thesis erupted from fans on this occasion was the TBS-based documentary program Passion Continent, which was broadcast on the 20th.

In this program, Oshima said, "There is (of course, loneliness left behind)" in the current situation where major members continue to graduate. "I'm playing in AKB and I don't know what I'm going to do now. I don't have any passion for it now."

Is graduation near? The professional entertainment staff here says, "It is likely to announce the graduation this year."

"The producer of Yasushi Akimoto has already given Oshima a "permission ", saying," You can decide when you want to graduate. You can graduate at any time. "

Graduation announcement seems to be coming soon.

https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/entame/197655/

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    CMIIW too but I remember that Acchan wanted to announce her graduation in 2011 but then 2011 Tohoku Earthquake happened?

I don't know if IZ*ONE has become permanent group now :eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    I don’t think so? I’m pretty sure she didn’t want to graduate until AKB won the JRA

17. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Four years ago actually (2016 SSK).

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Damn, time flies.

Ohwell, I guess she imagined those 5 years different to what they have actually been.

19. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Well, there might also be the 'feeling responsible' component to it, Yuko could just as well have thought that graduating so soon after Acchan without any replacement would be bad for AKB and therefore decide to postpone hers, in Japan not inconveniencing the people around you still is pretty important, and the needs of the many exceed the needs of the few (or the individual).
    Anyway 'abandoning AKB at the moment you are most needed' is not a good thing to have on your resume with the fans.

20. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I'm trying to picture Yuko with pointy ears saying that :lol:

Live long and prosper!

• Winner Winner x 1