1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Graduation announcements thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kuchi-Chan, Nov 6, 2013.

1. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Rumors say that photo was took by Karin. :gavel:
    WEc2Lj1.jpg

2. Ezia

Ezia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    As I was reading this, an email notification from 23andme popped up with the subject line 'View your unread Alcohol Flush Reaction report'. I...feel so connected to Hasemomo right now?

Anyway, to get all stern mother (I'm not quite old enough to be her mother but oh well), alcohol isn't great for a 14 year old's body and she should have been more careful about letting it be documented in a photo. That said, 14 year olds are probably going to drink no matter what, out of curiosity if nothing else, and she's not exactly doing something horrifying here. But she's an idol and is held to a higher standard, for better or worse. I really do wonder who dobbed her in though. Drama, drama, drama.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    Underage drinking incident again.
    I only remember some in the past, not sure if there were more
    Watanabe Marie a.k.a Mizushima Nana,
    Kito Momona (now Mikami Yua),
    Oba Mina,
    Allegedly Ono Erena, Watanabe Miyuki
    All these incidents took place when they were 16-18 yo though, none was as young as this time (14).

Personally I once saw a 14 years old girl drank beer, she was pressured into drinking beer by her male friends in a party. Luckily, that night her dad drove her home so nothing bad happened.

Translated from a Vietnamese source, itself translated from a Japanese source:

Below is an image of Suntory Horoyoi, for reference.

suntoryhoyoroi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2021
  4. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    you cant even taste 3% alcohol rip to her career :/

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

Minors are not allowed to drink alcohol, let alone smoke.

And knowing that he cannot drink because he uploaded the image on the networks?

6. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I'm thinking about it again and I kinda feel bad for Momoka :/ At the time when those pictures were taken, she didn't know that she would get pushed as center someday. Of course this doesn't justify anything and she still did something against the law and shouldn't have done it (or shouldn't let someone take pictures of her while drinking), but I can't imagine how she's feeling in just 2 days, going from the new push that many people talked about (in a positive way), getting so much interest, having a possible successful career as idol, then 2 days later everything ends suddenly. She's just 14 years old and it's sad that her chances to have a career as idol ended like this when she was getting an opportunity.

Seems like "friends" are a problem for idols... I'm starting to think that if someone wants to be a successful idol then they need to limit the amount of "friends" that they have or maybe avoid having friends at all o_o Having a boyfriend or underraged drinking is bad for an idol, but the worse is to be exposed and betrayed by someone who's supposed to be a "friend". At least with Momoka, the "friend" didn't sell pictures to Bunshun like for Moeka.

So yes maybe it's a lesson for idols to avoid having too many "friends" or at least don't do anything and everything in the presence of "friends" o_O

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    To be fair, she let someone take a picture of her holding an alcoholic beverage. There isn't a photo of her drinking it. For all we know she could have just been posing with it, as a minor teen rebellion and/or because the flavour matches her name.

Still stupid but kids usually are.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Note that the cause of the dismissal wasn't state anywhere officially. It could be that picture, it might not. We know nothing.

9. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    #JusticeForHasemomo #NameTheLeakers

10. Ezia

Ezia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    I'm in two minds. Assuming it was just the picture (and only that) that led to her immediate dismissal, it does seem unfair. Even the most intelligent, most sensible 13/14 year old is still a bit of an idiot sometimes, especially when with their friends, and I mean this in the nicest way possible. She might have not even had any of the drink, just thought it would be funny to pose with it. I highly doubt the rumours I've seen elsewhere that she's an alcoholic. Like, come on now. And in light of that, it seems really unfair to immediately dismiss her without (as far as we know) an investigation or chance to defend herself.

On the other hand, they kind of have to be seen to be having zero tolerance on underage drinking, especially where the person in question is 6 years under the legal drinking age, or even more if it's an old picture. Management can't look like they're condoning that, even if it is relatively normal for teenagers to drink. That said, couldn't they have let her give an explanation and apology to the public?

Regardless, we have almost zero of the details, so we can't really pretend to understand what's going on. I don't think she's a 'bad' girl and I hope she's ok.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Sanspo has an article where they quote staff saying, "There was an act that damaged the relationship of trust with our company, and the person himself offered to decline the activity."

*Not to be taken as official acknowledgement of the minor-with-alcohol rumor.

If this is the reason.... All the talk of Hasemomo breaking a law. The real crime has not been talked about anywhere this scandal has been discussed that I have seen. Who bought the kid beer? While they where traveling under supervision of the staff?
    I think they fired the wrong person. Again

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. qpet

qpet Future Girls

^[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

@hir1891 - Assuming Momoka had some pocket funds with her and those drinks aren't particularly expensive I'd be more concerned with who sold her an alcoholic beverage than the staff being dumb enough to buy her such a drink themselves and not getting fired for negligence.

@rka - Is there really a need for you to drag someone else through the mud (even though you thankfully didn't use names) to attempt to defend Momoka? And why can't it be as simple as cultural differences this specific time?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  14. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

@Dragonkiller12012 rka is rightly pointing out the hypocrisy of managements firing one girl while trying to protect another because she is a money-making gravure machine.

Management can't espouse to be enforcing higher idol morals when they fire one noob over posing with a can of light beer when they protected 2 idols who were fingered for being involved in the bullying and assault on maho and are still with the group because one is with an agency and the other is a "handshake monster"

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  15. Doraleous

Doraleous Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Matsuoka Hana
    #NotHerCan

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Hm well, if we look at facts only, in Momoka's case, it's true that we don't see her drink and she's just holding the can... I also noticed that the can said "momo" (peach) and that maybe that's why she posed with it (like @wlerin said). But if we look at facts only for Suuchan too, there isn't any picture where she is actually with the Johnny's, they were only photographed separately at the same place, and everything around them is blurred so even that is not too clear. it's different than for example the recent SKE-Johnny's or Nogi-Johnny's scandal where they have pictures of the idols together.

Now let's say both of them did do wrong, that Momoka did drink the beer and that Suuchan did spend time at hotel with Johnny's, which one of them is worse is up to your point of view, laws VS morals. Depending on your culture, you might find it worse to date someone old or worse to drink at 13-14. For me both are at the same level of 'bad', but I also don't think that their careers should end... From management's point of view, going against the law at 13-14 years old is probably taken more seriously. Now I don't know if this is really the reason why they ended the contract. They made it sound like it was an agreement between both sides to end the contract? I don't know. But there's no need to compare because AKB and NMB have different managements. and it's not like they keep Suuchan because she's important and let Momoka go because she's not important, Momoka got pushed as a CENTER for AKB... They invested in her, so whatever happened, I'm sure it wasn't a very easy decision to end the contract. Anyway...

I feel sad for Momoka more for the fact that she was exposed by someone who's close to her. it reminds me what happened with Moeka and I just feel bad for them, and it's sad for AKB.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Well, it's not unopened for starters.

I too am shocked and bamboozled that two entirely separate incidents that have nothing whatsoever in common besides both girls being idols should be dealt with differently.

As far as we are aware, she wasn't fired. Staff confronted her over it and she chose to quit. Perhaps she had other options, like reduced activities or something, but she chose to quit. Or perhaps the only option was quit or be fired.

I'm not sure this is one of those times. I mean, I don't particularly like it. But I can understand it from what I know of Japanese culture and how situations like this have been handled in the past. It's not a matter of "what can you do?" but rather, who the fuck do I think I am, some outside observer from a different continent, to judge an entire society.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. qpet

qpet Future Girls

I imagined that her parents had decided that she should quit, maybe they weren't happy either that their daughter could drink during the time they entrust her to them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Makes sense. Could also be that more happened behind the scenes that we aren't privy to.

20. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    man, HUETONE can't catch a break.

• Agree Agree x 1