1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Graduation announcements thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kuchi-Chan, Nov 6, 2013.

1. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Maybe. I can't really comment on that because I don't really follow anything except AKB48 (and it already taken way too much time as it is)

But the agency point is so true, except I would say that manager skills is also important. But tbh, it is really hard to say if the agency is good fit or not. Big agencies have more work, but more choice of people, while smaller agencies might get less work but you also would have a chance to be big star inside the agency. I think Renacchi is safe with M&S, being subsidiary of OgiPro. Kojimako with Sun Music sounds weird at the beginning but past year has prove that they can do it.

2. Mana

Mana Under Girls

If you think about it, it makes sense why Kawaei is the most successful AKB graduate right now. She had everything to be the most successful graduate: first, she graduated at young age (she was like 20). She was quite popular as AKB member even though she was just background in senbatsu, but she had her own fandom which was enough to give her some support. She had her own chara which made her a bit popular (the baka chara). Then she became known by the general public after the attack, so a lot of people knew her face and name after that. and lastly, she signed to a very good agency.

So basically she had it all. She had better chances to make it big after graduation than top members like Acchan, Yuko, Kami 7 etc. simply because she wasn't linked to AKB as much as Kami 7, she wasn't very attached to her past idol career and image, she graduated right after the general public got to know who she is, people knew her, but didn't know that much about her, she still felt "fresh". then her agency did a good job giving her little roles here and there, then bigger projects. and of course she has her own qualities like being cute and being a pretty good actress. So basically she had it all to make it big and everything went well for her, which is great.

For members like Acchan and Yuko, it's way too hard to get rid of the AKB tag. in Yuko's situation, there's the age issue too. As for Acchan, she graduated at a young age (20), she also has a good agency, but the problem is everyone knows her as AKB's center/ace and it's hard to get rid of this image, I think this is why Acchan avoided being in popular projects, and instead she went for more serious and unique roles, even though she was young and cute but she went for that type of acting career. and honestly I think she made the right choice. She managed to somehow get rid of the idol image she had, even though not completely, but she did as much as she could. and I personally enjoy her acting projects too.

Now for Ashu, I do think she could do a similar thing as Kawaei if she graduates now, she's young, she's popular but not the member who is most associated with Nogi, and if she has good acting skills and a good agency, she could do like Kawaei... but then again even with everything on her side, she could still not make it though, you never know. So maybe that's why it's better for her to keep it safe and stay in Nogi, especially when she has chances to become the next center and get a lot of jobs as idol. Kinda like Mayuyu's situation after Acchan graduated. Besides Ashu probably knows a lot of the 1st gen older members will be graduating so it's not right for her as a younger 1st gen to also leave, it would put Nogi in a difficult situation. Management will do what it takes to keep her and to make the graduations of popular members go slowly, just like they do in AKB.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Every time I read Kawaei’s name I remember how I met a friend of hers in freaking Birmingham and he showed me pictures of themselves partying ddd

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Kamiyama Riho (D3) announced today. The reason: school.

https://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12413186035.html

Story in the press:

"Activities since belonging to the AKB group seemed like a dream, "When I was in junior high school third grade and thought about the future course, I was able to go to high school and go to college. Although I tried hard on my compatibility with my studies until now, I decided to decline the activity, thinking that I want to devote myself to studying in the future, I have not succeeded, " she honestly remembered."

https://www.hochi.co.jp/entertainment/20181020-OHT1T50153.html

5. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    https://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12416783172.html

16th gen KKS (bound to team A) Shouji Nagisa will graduate from AKB48, effective immediately. Reason: difficulties with balancing studies and AKB48 activities. She won't have a graduation stage and she'll withdraw from all future HS events.

6. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

3rd one in 4 months. The newbies need to a better job of this (Balancing studies and AKB48 Activities).

7. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    Well, fuck.

8. Tk-Tonkla

Tk-Tonkla Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Fukuoka Seina
    Just when I start to like her from watching her SR deliveries.:cry2:
    Well, wish her all the happiness in life.

9. nigamushiotoko

nigamushiotoko Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    ≒JOY
    Twitter:
    hakata345
  10. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    "Focus on Studies" is sort of a catch-all excuse for why a girl might leave. I mean, it could really be that, but it could also be a host of other reasons she is unhappy being in the group.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

That's a pity, I enjoyed her performances in songs like Cross and Blue Rose, she had this fierce and cool kind of image. I always think it's kind of fishy when announcements are made through the blog about immediate graduations like this but I'm guessing in Nagyu's case she probably got terrible results from school and got blasted by her parents .

She appeared at the SS11 stages last sunday (and appeared in all 75 to date) but didn't perform at the 16th gen "revival" stage in the middle of last week so it must have gone down then? Surely she could have just announced at the 16th gen stage but instead Harima Nanami substitued for her. It's a shame because she would have had a birthday performance coming up so no oshi-cam and it's doubly a pity that she hasn't a grad performance so people can give her a proper farewell.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
  13. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    Seems like SKE's decision of auditioning for Gen 9 is a right move

14. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Otoha is 17 and that's the age when a lot think about graduation because they're in the final year of high school and thinking of applying for college.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  15. Chrissel

Chrissel Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    Well, there goes another one of my favorites... And another S-Member... And another young member...

Still waiting for some of the old members to leave so we get some new faces in Senbatsu -.-

• Like Like x 1
  16. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I would almost say such an evaluation moment should almost be mandatory .... I would expect periodic meetings with staff and senpai: "what are your goals" ... "how do you think to achieve them"
    very much akin to youth programs in professional football teams here in the Netherlands.
    I understand AKS is in it for the profit ... but they do have a certain responsibility not to lead girls into a dead end. it's ok to not have a stellar education if your career is a lock ... but in all other instances ... not so much.

17. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

But none of them knows that. Not even management with their pushes.
    Plus, making it big in AKB doesn't even guarantee making it big in the industry.

I'm surprised girls like Shiichan and Myao have stayed as long as they have when their pushes were non-existent or half-assed.
    I guess some girls really do enjoy being an idol, and if they have the occasional job out of the theatre... I guess it pays the bills?

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Shiichan isn't from a rich family I think ... so yeah it's an income
    btw I don't think it's just being an idol ... it's also being part of a group, I know that when I got discharged from my military service it was strange not being part of a company anymore, not seeing the people I spent 14 months with every day.

for what it's worth, I think Shiichan has a great 12th year and I enjoy seeing her enthusiasm, she's ok with not being a top idol (never seen anyone so happy about ranking 100th (ok, maybe also because that wasn;t possible before :) )

I think it's kinda obvious I don't mind 'older' member sticking around.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  19. junjou19

junjou19 Member

NO UGH MACCHI TOO? DAMN (゜´Д`゜) literally all my faves are leaving. sorry guys, if this keeps up Yuihan will be announcing before the end of the year :x

this really breaks my heart, and one of my last legitimate interests in 48G. I've been slowly falling out of the fandom more and more and Machi and Nagyu were two of the very few members I was actually still really interested in ._.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

20. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Some girls want to stay in entertainment and AKB at least gives them a grounding, musical theater seems to be heavily populated by ex-AKB members.

Then some girls just like to perform on stage and be a minor celebrity then graduate and become waifus. How many girls in the last couple of years have had akbabies, especially ex-ske lol.

As for Shiichan, she's got a regular tv gig (Cream Quiz Miracle or something?) so that presumably pays the bills.

Her family has a small restaurant by the seaside in Fukuoka, at least they did in 2014 when she took Haruppi there in an episode of AKB to XX. It was one of those regular small family restaurants that you see in so many 48 group tv shows.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1