Graduation announcements thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kuchi-Chan, Nov 6, 2013.

1. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    What's Miichan's final task?

Anyhow, what I saw was many just made fun of Miichan never graduating (somewhat different from wanting her to), but it's also true that not many said the same to Yukirin. As for why she is still a senbatsu regular, simply because she is still very relevant in the group.

2. amimaru

amimaru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    koikeminami
    there also the issue of stable income after graduation unless she finds her own i.t. guy
    so until then she'll stick up to akb like a dried up snot

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

Well to answer it from my personal standpoint even though it wasn't directed at me in particular:

I was never a huge fan of Minegishi Minami. She seemed to be given a lot of opportunities purely because she was a first generation member not because her handshake turnout was really great or because her Senbatsu Election turnout was particularly great (not compared to her fellow first generation members or even a lot of members from generations after hers). I don't hate her or anything I just never got into her the way other people probably did. That said I always have a certain amount of respect and admiration for the founding members of any group as they are the ones with the struggles of getting the group off the ground and noticed by the public of gaining it its legs so to speak. For that I definitely have to lump her in with a long list of girls I remember fondly, but I just keep wondering why she's still around. Sure she's not in Senbatsu anymore, but it's not like they wouldn't put her there at any given time so the risk is always there unless she leaves.

Plus there doesn't seem to be a goal beyond accumulating total number of performances at the theater which feels like a token goal at this point as it is bound to be broken by somebody who is a much more legitimate "theater girl" in the future. What made that an admirable goal for girls like Hirajima Natsumi and Kobayashi Kana in the past was that they really only had that going for them beyond a few rare external opportunities that were few and far between and getting chosen for Senbatsu enough times to count on one hand. Not to mention that you wouldn't know they were part of those Senbatsu if you weren't specifically looking for them. With Minegishi Minami everything about the goal of having the most performances at the theater feels "whatever" to me personally. It won't impress me if she manages 1000 (or did she already do it?). I don't know the last I knew was Kobayashi Kana had something like 840 and I was happy because Kana was such a regularly scheduled presence at the theater and basically had nothing else to show for her AKB career, but somehow never looked down and out and I admired that being essentially left to rot in the theater didn't break her. Ditto with Hirajima Natsumi before her. With Minegishi Minami I can't feel any of that. I can only feel "Why are you still here?"

With Kashiwagi Yuki I'm not about to say I don't enjoy her in Senbatsu anymore, but I've been waiting for her to do more with her fleeting solo career for ages! It is my hope that she will graduate soon and focus on it at least as much as Itano Tomomi has focused on hers. I don't care if the sales aren't good, I don't even expect them to be good as we're not in a soloist supported market in Japan right now. I just want more solo material from her because her voice is one of my favorites and I feel like it is going to waste the longer she's in the group and not focusing on her solo career. Unless she flat out has no desire to be a soloist anymore in which case F my life and she can stay till she's 40 if she wants to.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 5
  5. Mayoyo

Mayoyo Member

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Who's the babe on the right?

6. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Kitano Ruka.

7. Fezel

Fezel Kenkyuusei

Basically guiding the New gens.

She is the last member from 1st gen which means she know what takamina or kami 7 and legendary members did in the past to make Akb48 Dominate entertainment industry.

Im just hoping that she tell this new members what to do in this era so Akb48 will stand on the top again.

If she serious her words actually really meaningful afterall, for example the words she said in Kinkyuu kaigi 2018 after Ssk.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  8. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The members themselves have little to do with how the group does or doesn't dominate the industry.
    It's all about public perception and right now it's not in the best form.

Yoshizawa Hitomi was part of the golden era of Morning Musume and that didn't stop the group from selling hundreds of thousands to merely 30k per single under her captaincy.

Miichan is probably still in the group because she's comfortable in it and/or has no idea what to do next. And she's just 26, so she could stretch her run a few more years.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. maderozzi

maderozzi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna

what did she say?

10. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

The thing is, Kashiwagi still looks like she's genuinely enjoying being an idol whereas Minegishi mopes around like the ghost of senbatsus past

Minegishi briefly held the theater appearance record a while back (like for a couple of weeks) before she was surpassed by Murayama Yuiri. Currently the score is 941 to 929 In Yuiri's favour and that's probably only going to increase because Yuiri is even doing KKS shows lately

You can't teach someone to catch lightning in a bottle

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Fezel

Fezel Kenkyuusei

Akb48 used to dominate the ent industry because of how versatile the member are and that what make them Loveable,so i think members play a big role beside Songs.

Probably right now most people know Kpop and put Kpop groups as standard, for example if nonfans watch Akb48 MV they will be paying attention to the choreo and high notes and such and the conclusions they got are why there are no part that represent their skills,because they thought that the thing that matters are skill and talent.

About morning musume isnt that the same for Akb48 ? Kami 7 and most legendary members already graduate and we still maintain the 1million sale streaks.

Sorry it kinda out of the topic but i personally think miichan havent graduating yet because she feel guilty about what she did in the past i mean no one ask for her to shave her hair right ? And that create a misunderstanding around the world they thought that if the members get found out in relationship they need to shave their hair bald.

Sorry it became so long

She said many things as the first gen members even gave few advice.
    I recommend you to watch the video someone subbed but i forgot who.

Mod note: please do not double-post. If you need to add something to your previous post, use the "Edit" link in your previous post.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

Minegishi Minami's action of shaving her head as an additional show of remorse for her actions while a touch extreme was still an appropriate method of showing remorse within context of Japanese customs and culture. What the overseas media drew from it is honestly of little consequence as AKB48 is a Japanese girl group. Beyond that the group isn't making and never has made a serious effort of conquering the US.

If they were trying to do what K-pop groups often do and what the Spice Girls did in the past sure. It would've been a touch problematic, but even then it was an event that happened in Japan, to show remorse for her actions to the group's predominantly Japanese audience and fanbase and would be something that ultimately had to be dismissed by people overseas as what it is; an action that was the result of differences in their culture and customs from those of other countries.

Similarly it doesn't matter what K-pop fans see in J-pop. J-pop has no need to change just to accommodate for the tastes of K-pop fans. If you want K-pop go enjoy K-pop. As for putting K-pop as the standard, there are certainly some K-pop groups who do well in Japan, but K-pop in Japan as a whole isn't necessarily a bigger phenomenon than it was during the Hallyu Wave. It's as niche as the few American acts that do well in Japan are. They launch their singles and albums, they tour, they hold promotional events, then they go home. Japan's reaction? Nice to see you, bye for now.

As for Minegishi Minami knowing what it takes to make the group dominate it is worth mentioning that all she can really pass down is work ethic related. She can teach the next gens to have a serious and driven mind set about things rather than be slackers, but that's it. The rest is really in the hands of the management. And it is questionable at this point how much the next gens need her anymore for that. Several of them already display a work ethic and dedication that mirrors her own so the question gets posed again of what she's waiting for. She's also said that part of why she has stayed is because nothing is going on in her personal life or her work life regarding external opportunities that's worth moving on for. That was like 2 years ago now or so.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. jade

jade Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    jade9454
    if you mean the line on AKB48 documentary, then after when she said that, they show scenes when she give advised and help other members practice for Reset stage. On that documentary, Murayama Yuiri also said her ideal captian is Minegishi Minami. I think Komi also said something like she relieve when have sempai her to help her. And also lots of nice word come from other member who working with her on sns or interview, MC
    for example, a part from Orin's today live will help you know more about how old hag Minegishi is doing with her junior on and off stage
    https://twitter.com/223731chan/status/1181205997097902080

14. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Some of the most prolific members right now are girls like Yuiyui, Berin, Naru. And, as far as I can remember, they didn't have any senpai and they barely had any contact with other AKB members in their first years. And who were the first generations' senpai? Who did they learn from? What about the currently most popular group in Japan, Nogizaka?
    Contrary to AKasses belief, fans like idols that can grow up by themselves, to see their journey, not copies of past members.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Fezel

Fezel Kenkyuusei

Its not that they need to follow them throughly. Its just if they only do the same thing like this the Akb48 group wont be bigger and will start to hit rock bottom in few years thats why they need to do something.

There Miichan will appear she should know by now why Akb48 new members not as interesting as the legendary members,and i hope she will give advice that will be the starting point of the new era.

We dont need like next Acchan,Yuko,Mayuyu,or sasshi but at least we need someone who can actually save Akb48 from this bad situations.

16. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    On overseas news:

3 MNL48 Trainees have withdrawn: Mela, Essel, and Jean

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. AirWIng

AirWIng Kenkyuusei

what happens?

18. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  19. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. GreenieLily

GreenieLily Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okuhara Hinako
    Oh no, Miki, I love her so much ;w;
    I was not expecting this... I was sure she will stay at least 2 years...