1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Graduation announcements thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kuchi-Chan, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    You can do it, Mnet!

• Winner Winner x 4
  2. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Both these statement sure make her seem like an entitled kid (that's not assuming they are true, it's just the overall image you might get)
    But seriously, if there would be any grain of truth to the second assumption ... a multitude of members in AKB .. all trying their damnest to break into the entertainment industry, some coming from not that wealthy families, and Moeka would do it as a hobby? That would be wrong on so many levels :/

not sure about the superstar thing ... but imho, she sure is cuter then Moeka (and no duckface ;) )

but .... AKS, stop mega pushing! ... you consistently seem to pick the wrong girls and some of the most iconic members ( e.g. Yuuko and Sasshii) would never have made it if you would have had any real influence over it.
    (and you almost broke some others along the way (Acchan? Sakura? Jurina?), by putting all that strain on them)
    Develop your idols and see what comes floating to the top.

ow, and develop the group, the teams ... not just one member.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  3. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Well so far she hasn't showed that much commitment to AKB despite the extreme push... no theater shows in a year, no SR, no national HS participating, boyfriend scandal, etc. I understand that young members who still go to school are busier than the ones who do AKB full time but most members who join young at least graduate from high school and some even go to uni despite being AKB members. Of course, most of them aren't as pushed as Moeka which is as much a blessing as it's a curse but if this was another member she might quit high school or enroll into online school or at least only do the bare minimum for school and focus on idol career instead. Moeka seems to have picked education. It's her life so I'm not blaming her for her choice but clearly AKB was not her top priority.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    which begs the question ... why even bother?

I know all of this is pure and utter speculation ... but if AKB48 was not her top priority ... well, good riddance, plenty of girls who are willing to make or even making it their top priority, she only might have take this decision earlier in that case.
    (again ... this only applies when those assumptions are true of course)

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Most of the time the member would transfer to showbiz-focused high school (not sure if middle school exist). There are only a few around, and that's why a lot of member seems to know Johny's members well because they are literally classmate. Those school only have class 2-3 days per week and are really flexible in term of schedule.

All in all, I do think that her parents was the reason she wan't transferred though.

Source: my oshi was in the same position before.

6. mickwserr

mickwserr Kenkyuusei

unfortunate or incompetent? they keep commiting the same mistakes all the time. so are they unfortunate or they don't know how to do their job?

• Like Like x 4
  7. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    Now it’s AKS need this girl, far more fan this girl need AKS. She comes from a wealthy family, goes to a prestigious private school so money from being an idol ? I don’t think she care much about it.
    If she choose eduaction instead of showbiz, it’s not surprising me. Her sister also graduated after 2 years despite being pushed in SKE as the first 8th gen to be in senbatsu and now she is studying at a dental university. Moeka now almost archive everything that an idol can have: center a single, solo concert, photobook, solo CM, good handshake sales so it’s more easy for her to quit being an idol and move on to another target like going to the university. Then I think her parents also affect her a lot comparing to her sister’s decision and now Moeka ones. Moeka may loves being and idol but when it’s come to future path, it’s just consider as a hobby not a job that she can live with it in the rest of her life.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. dragonfrommars

dragonfrommars Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    wadamaaya
    wow, that was fast.
    fastest to have a solo concert, fastest to have a scandal, fastest to make center, fastest to graduate. at least she's consistent.

• Creative Creative x 8
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
  9. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I think that was because she had just been named captain (and had her team's Shonichi delayed because of P48). Whether she'd been in the group for 8 years or not is beside the point.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Yahagi performed at the New Years Day stage.

Also, as mentioned earlier. Zenza Girl for K in July. But no team stages in full for 2019.

11. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Moeka was also at the 13th anniversary stage (not a Team K stage) on December 8, 2018, when she was promoted.

12. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    And yet that team didn't really start activities until a few months before she left. Don't get me started on Team 4.

As to the topic of the thread, the why and how of Moeka's graduation is unfortunate, and I think whoever leaked those photos (likely a close "friend") is despicable. However, AKB doesn't need Moeka. Didn't need, either, even before her scandal came to light. Her push and subsequent crash was symptomatic of everything wrong with AKS's decision making. The group would have been better off if she'd never been drafted at all, but I suppose that was impossible once she appeared on Showroom.

She is a talented singer, so for her sake if she wants to pursue that I hope she can recover from the pressures and stress she's suffered, finish her studies, and find an agency or group where she can just do that. Or maybe she'll pursue something else entirely. Either way she's not a good fit for AKB48, in my opinion.

She was present for her promotion, but that doesn't mean she actually performed. (edit: Per Rina's post later in this thread, she did perform in at least one song.) As for the New Years' stage, it's an hour long, about 50% MC, and not everyone is on stage at once even during the group songs. Still, at least she was on stage and performing with others.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    That......is making her looks more like a horrible member.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Doraleous

Doraleous Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Matsuoka Hana
    A prodigy on her own terms!

• Winner Winner x 3
  15. Britney M. Carey

Britney M. Carey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    No wonder why the promotion stops a bit sooner than usual...

I hope there will be a written commitment between AKS and the centers that they will stay for at least abcxyz during their "promotion" from AKS. Fans won't be suffering from a similar situation like Moeka or Yunana

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I love how she went on about how passionate she was to push AKB during Draft Audition, yet she never showed up for theater after she got promoted in K and sloppily got into scandal. Why does she never perform RESET after she's promoted is as mysterious as the Bermuda Triangle, there were hundreds of days and several performances between her promotion time and yesterday, she's not injured, and she never showed up, her birthday stage is not even in K I think. The only valid reason I can think of for this case is some kind of bullying or she's alienated from Komi K (which I doubt, but idk). If she thinks theater performances is a burden, maybe she should join Nogi or Keya like Kitagawa Yuri where she would be as famous (if not more than) as AKB members without theater.

To think her sister managed to maintain a twice longer idol career (mostly as theater girls on top of that) and still managed to balance it out with her uni studies

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    She is a literal kid that has been relentlessly bullied by adult men since she joined the group, and it has only gotten 900x worse since she became Center. I’d want to leave the group too if I was being attacked nonstop.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    That literally violates labour law.

• Like Like x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. sungjong

sungjong Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hirate Yurina
    Wow I'm disappointed and a bit sad. Moeka had promise and got me excited for the ~new gen. The new kids who actually center graduate quickly smh.

20. kira7x

kira7x Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    To me that's literally what happened. She was a former chika idol that suddenly became friends with one of the greatest idols of all time and the center of a national group, she then felt untouchable. Did she really think that she would openly date at her school and nobody would talk about it? She wanted to be Sashi but she didn't have the mentality and the wits, seriously, the excuses she gave when her photos leaked were pathetic.

But I hope Bushun clarifies the matter.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1