1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Graduation announcements thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kuchi-Chan, Nov 6, 2013.

1. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    What does Article 14 of the Labor Standards Law say?

Anyway, here's the text of Article 137. Or here if you prefer something more official.

You are correct that contracts for a specific project (such as filming a movie) can extend beyond the one year mark--that is the only exception left. However, being an idol isn't a specific project.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  2. ossan

ossan Member

AKB48 Kenkyusei Sato Shiori announced her withdrawal.
    Last HS: Nov. 23
    Last stage: Nov. 27

• Informative Informative x 4
  3. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Informative Informative x 5
  4. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Shiori is 68th graduation announcement of 2019. Airi is 69th.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I don't know if it was just online comments, but I assume those were much more easily accesible to her parents than whatever was being said to her during HS events. Or were the parents standing next to Moeka while she shook hands with fans? I doubt it.

As for her popularity diving... let's check the last HS results, shall we?

Girls who have sold more slots than Moeka:

- Mukaichi Mion
    - Yokoyama Yui
    - Kashiwagi Yuki
    - Kubo Satone
    - Okada Nana
    - Murayama Yuiri
    - Yamauchi Mizuki
    - Oguri Yui
    - Okabe Rin
    - Kuranoo Narumi
    - Ota Nao

... and that's it.

Sure, she started better off, but that very well could have been curiosity from the fandom after years of hype. But everything calms down eventually, so it's understandable that she's not selling out now. It's happened before with other girls no matter how much they were pushed. Just as there are girls with no push whatsoever that sell out like crazy (Murayama, and now Kubo and Yamauchi).

Take your anti glasses off for the next one!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Yes the list is not very long, it was also explained in Sustainable's thread that some girls have gimmicks for their handshakes which makes them sell faster. Moeka used to have gimmicks, but she didn't have it for 2019's singles, and other popular members also don't have it. From the list above there's around 4 or 5 girls who have gimmicks. so the truth is Moeka might not have sold out but she still remained on the same spot for the ranking of who sells handshake faster/better. I think her popularity got much bigger in recent months than the opposite LOL. Just looking at things like how much people watch her content, comment about her, discuss about her (positive or negative) and her increase of followers on social medias, that says it all.

I mean her graduation was even reported in morning news, and she's been a member for less than 2 years... so yes she was doing more than fine with popularity.

7. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

In the context AKB48 idol, in the context of the new member in junior high school year, I don't think it is that costly.

If your idea is that the wage structure is decent enough in the context of how AKB48 run (as a group which have audition-graduation with most of the girl is expected to graduate by the end of high school year except for the few), yes, there is nothing to argue about.

8. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I reported this thread for being wildly off topic yesterday or the day before but nothing was done about it.

Anyway, it's sad to see Airi go, she was always cute whatever she did.

I've got news of an announcement too, super-cute AKB team A draft kks Sato Shiori is graduating. Reason: study abroad.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. GreenieLily

GreenieLily Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okuhara Hinako
    Oh, Airi ....
    An other painful NMB graduation for the end of the year...
    Sad to see her leaving but good luck to her next path !

• Like Like x 1
  10. welp

welp Next Girls

However,
    Obviously, Article 137 is a provision concerning fixed-term contract but, J-pop idol's contract has no fixed term.

So, your conclusion based on baseless ideas that
    - Her parents forced her to leave. So far I've known is no one involved has said so.
    - Her parents had no understanding that the flak was a nature of idol career and, after some time, it would calm down, despite her elder sister being former idol.
    - She received hateful comments only recently.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, the number of sold out slots doesn't necessarily accurately tell how many tickets a member has sold as those not-sold-out slots can be 80%+ sold or below 50%. Still, yes, her sold-out number is an indication that she was still a more popular member (unless many tickets were used to curse at her). Also, I wonder if her photobook sale met expectation.

In my opinion, they were many factors contributed to her decision and, hate comments surely was a one but not the sole perhaps, not even a key one.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Since a lot of people complain about this being off topic (which it is) I thought to stop posting about it but....

Yes, the discussion become about fixed term contract because someone (I don't remember who) said that they could do fixed-term contract instead to prevent members leaving mid-push. If it's not a fixed-term contract, the notice period for resignation specified in the contract is only enforceable for the first year, after that it become 14-days, as I mentioned way earlier in this (off-topic) discussion. But even then, if the period specified is "unfair" (anything over 1 month is likely to be considered unfair), then the standard 14-days applied instead.

The point is, having a contract preventing member leaving the group mid-push is simply impossible under Japanese labour law. Which I pointed out, and somehow got a "Disagree" and a "Dislike" despite it being a fact.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Agree Agree x 6
  13. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    LABOR LAW is now officially off topic in this thread.

You can always take it to PM if you wish to continue.

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I just want to repeat that NMB are losing both Yuuri and Airi this year..... the loss is immense, i'm so upset

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Liu Liu of Team SH has graduated... because of her scandal. [hehe]

16. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    Woah.. already got scandal? Wth.. :eek:

17. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    is it really a "graduation"/resignation? or dismissal?

18. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I'm probably dimwitted, but what's so funny about a/this graduation?

19. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

It's a graduation. :^^;: Many fans wanted her to be fired but the company decided to let her go peaceful.

It's a fake graduation. Fans know that the company kicked her out of the group.

20. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Another overseas news:

MNL48 Team MII Member Cess Labay has left the group