[GUGUTASU] AKB48 on Google+

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ithebigc, Dec 8, 2011.

1. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Just announced a couple of minutes ago, all of AKB48, SKE48 and NMB48 is joining Google+. This only applies to the members who are 18+ (NOOOOOO I WANT MAYUYU :cry: ) because of stupid Google+ rules, but hey, AKB48 on Google+!

Planned Features
    1. Status Updates
    2. Blog-like Entries
    3. Photos
    4. Live Streaming of Certain Events - On the slide they mentioned this, they listed the Kouhaku Taikou Uta Gassen and Request Hour Setlist Best 100 2012, but....will they really stream live concerts? Is that even possible?
    5. Video Chat with Members - So far, Acchan has already done one chat with 15 lucky fans. Right now it seems that it's a "whoever clicks fastest" gets to join the live chat, but hopefully management implements a fairer system in the long run.

Here's the link to the official web page, where you can add all currently available members.
    http://www.google.com/intl/ja/+/project48/

Will be updating OP as necessary :)

2. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Re: [NEWS] AKB48/SKE48/NMB48 Joins Google+

Wait a minute...if there are status updates and blog-like entries..then does that mean we'll have more stuff to translate at Blog48? [wonder]

(Seriously, that just sounds like Twitter and Ameblo bundled into one.)

3. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

Ugh, whatever. Just another management-controlled funnel of information. Ameba last year, google this year... watch it die within a few months once the deal ends. I guess google is trying to push g+ in Japan since it failed to set the western world on fire...

4. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

too bad mark zuckerberg doesn't realise it ..he can use facebook to invade japan by using the girls popularity...

5. non.

non. Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kimotokanon

^ I feel like fb is a poor way for celebrities to interact with fans though.

6. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

They're not "really" going to interact though. You'll see a couple of scheduled and heavily moderated chats for a few weeks/months before it dies. Management would never let you really chat with them for long [hehe]. All their updates are going to be the same stuff you already see on twitter and ameba and all the other deals they've got. It's not like they're going to be commenting on or liking your posts or whatever g+ has [hehe]

(Though obviously the reason they went with g+ over facebook is that pretty much the only people in Japan who use FB are ones learning English so they can keep in contact with their overseas friends etc. That and g+ would've given them a ton of money, that helps :lol: )

Basically, enjoy whatever they throw at us while it lasts, the deal will end and then they'll abandon it, like all the other promotions they've done... (sorry to sound so down about it, but can you tell I'm kind of tired of being just a statistic for marketing departments to sell to? [hehe] )

7. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc

There seems to be a translator there, with the name "AKB48 Translator." I don't know if it's an official one or not, but they translated Acchan's opening post already to English, Chinese (traditional and simplified), Korean, Indonesia and Thai. The English is kind of off still in terms of grammar, but they got the point across. Chinese seems to be spot on though.

So far, the posts are short enough that they're easy to translate, if people want English ones with better grammar. I understood Acchan's completely, at least.

Actually, Acchan and 15 lucky fans just had a video chat...I'm guessing it was whoever clicked first because "Hang Outs" are limited to 10 people. By the time I saw it it was already full, but it definitely let me try to join. I should've continually checked instead of giving up....since she "hung out" with 15 people that means some fans just quit after saying "Hi" or something

8. 1337rice

1337rice Kenkyuusei

Google+ is more "open" than Facebook, which fulfills what Akimoto wants.
    Don't forget, Google's Galaxy Nexus (As shown during the press event) releases today...and with Android already dominating the Japanese keitai line-up (and the rest of the world), this is just a "win-win" situation for both AKB48 and Google.

Ahh, marketing...

and dammit I missed the live vid of Acchan >_< :fp:

9. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop

Hmm... I'm not sure if I should jump in the Google+ bandwagon yet... Why would I do that just for AKB48? I have Twitter initially because of Ayumi Hamasaki, now why would I want to create one just because of AKB48?

10. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc

If AKB48 members joining can't convince you to join Google+, I don't know what will, haha. :D It's not like most of us don't have a Google account already, whether it be through blogspot or Youtube so we're not even really creating a brand new account.

I won't be using it as my major social network yet because I have Facebook for that, but I'm pretty stoked that they have another way to communicate more with international fans. It's like a hotspot for updates from members, so I'll use it for that at least. Hopefully they won't abandon it like Mr Waffle is predicting, haha...eh :^^;:

11. tokyolucifer

tokyolucifer Kenkyuusei

Even Vic Gundotra post about it. [shock] And yes, I use Google+. :)

Vic Gundotra - 1:56 PM - Public
    I love Japan. Thank you all for supporting Google+!
    (and thanks to +Bradley Horowitz for traveling to Japan for this launch!)
    Bradley Horowitz's profile photoBradley Horowitz originally shared this post:
    Here's the big news... We're delighted to welcome the entirety of AKB48 onto Google+...

If you don't know AKB48, you don't live in Japan (or in fact, many other parts of Asia.) They are phenomenon that might be equivalent to the Beatles + American Idol + the Spice Girls + Justin Timberlake... They are a roster of more than 200 hand-selected performers who are the subject of huge media attention, and support from millions of devoted fans.

One of the philosophies around their stardom was to preserve meaningful interaction with, and access to their fans. They used to do "handshake events." As their stardom grew, this method of interaction wasn't scalable... Google+ is going to allow them to reconnect to their fans in an intimate, authentic way.

They'll be using Hangouts on Air to broadcast their concerts... they'll be regularly scheduling Hangouts to interact with their fans. Each of the stars will have their own profile, and AKB48 themselves will have a +Page...

I actually haven't yet heard them, and I'm apparently the only one presently in Japan now who hasn't. I can't yet say if AKB48 is personally for me... But I am thrilled at their adoption of our service, and they're committed to pushing the envelope of what is possible in terms of artist-fan relationship. And that's a plus.

12. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin

Well at least the live streaming of certain events is something to look forward to. Well now I have to get google+ I guess [notme]

13. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

added all of nmb48...

miyuki's posting =)
    for some reason she has a lot of fans in peru and venezuela.

14. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

I am 17 but turning 18 on December 20 of this year... I wasn't going to get Google+, since many friends of mine are too young still, and the ones older are not even on Google+, but now I think I probably will get one... Just because. XD

Well I probably would need to brush up on Japanese skills to actually talk to any of them... XD But hey, I start in the Spring semester (starting late January) and I have 7 years of self-study...

I wonder how this will turn out... XD It seems like a pretty bold plan.

This will give me a better way to learn their names and faces too, and more reason to as well.

I'll probably just follow the three from French Kiss, and a couple others, initially... Don't want to confuse myself... XD

Well anyway I think AKB is probably bringing a lot of people to Google+ who wouldn't have bothered otherwise. (After all, even if an individual joins, it doesn't mean their friends will.) But if they have AKB there... XD (And SKE/NMB too, of course!!) I agree that if AKB won't get you to join then probably, nothing will. (Of course, that is granted you are a fan, but if you're on this forum then I kinda assume you are. LOL)

15. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

This is awesome!! Live updates from all the AKB members!! 0_____0 !!

16. extomomi

extomomi Kenkyuusei

I can't comment on any member's posts >.< :yikes:
    Is it only me, or is everybody having the same problem?

17. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin

I tried but didn't succeed. Think it's due to problems with goole +

18. makananjugaseni

makananjugaseni Kenkyuusei

19. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27

Me neither. Does G+ have some region locking tool? I doubt it, but if it does, that could be why.

20. reddertar

reddertar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena

Hope it's not end up like many various things they did before that the most popular girls were only here for 1st day/show/tape and rarely showed up after that.