1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GUGUTASU] AKB48 on Google+

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ithebigc, Dec 8, 2011.

1. dreamscape

dreamscape Kenkyuusei

Well, I would have left a comment on that article if I hadn't had to make an account first...so here it is instead. XD

This "AKB is pedophilia, go for K-pop" thing really blows my mind to be honest. The K-pop dances I've seen are suggestive enough to make me blush - and yet, I've never seen a single suggestive dance in AKB PVs, but apparently their wearing swimsuits in about 25% of them makes it all "pedophilia"? What, because K-pop women are over 21, the dances they do are okay? And yet Mariko or Sayaka, both being over 21, can't wear a swimsuit because that's "pedophilia"?

What I wish I could really say to these people is "For crying out loud, be quiet and learn about AKB48 in depth before you start bashing them from here to Pluto!"

2. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

You can use your facebook account to create an account there - it is easy and you don't have to input another password to use it. You are welcome to participate as I am the lone fighter there.

The scene has just turned more bizzare there, because someone jumped in saying that my comments make no sense as AKB is clearly a ripoff from American Idol !!!!

Here is the guy's comment:
    Your comment makes no sense since the entire group is a direct rip off of American Idol and Making The Band. The Akimoto guy just combined the two, made it women-only, and voila. I'm more concerned about what he may be doing behind the scenes with these girls. They are obviously young and naive, and this is a major entertainment industry we're talking about here; sexual corruption is bound to be rampant. I wouldn't be surprised at all if a big scandal breaks out any day now. But don't let me interrupt your anti-American soapbox rant.

I have just written another rebuke. I am actually quite surprised by the prejudices of so many Huffington readers and their willingness to express it so thoughtlessly and aggressively. Anyway, here is what I wrote:
    This is a very western-centric view (or shall we say, American-centric) and show how little you and many people in the west know about AKB and its history. Both Americal Idol and Making The Band are reality TV based on competition shown on TV and its popularity derives mainly from watching the competition and audience voting out candidates, and the winner got to debut. However in AKB, the key feature is that they always exist and perform in theaters. The members are not determined by any tournament on TV, and they release CD over the year without voting - only one single per year is determined by audience voting. And unlike American Idol, there are no multiple stages and the candidates are al from the group members not ordinary people. The audition to join the group is done privately and does not involve any audience voting. It seems you just see only the election voting and then jump to conclusion that AKB copies from American Idol. And your comments about sexual corruption is an odd one -- you are making opinionated speculation without giving evidence why this will be the case (following your logic one can say sexual corruption is going to be rampant in American Idol as it is a major entertainment industry out there).

3. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
  4. dreamscape

dreamscape Kenkyuusei

I actually don't have a Facebook page, and I was going to use my Yahoo account to create an account there, but something didn't seem right to me about it...after all, I'm likely to use it just this once. You seem to be holding your own pretty well, though! [clap]

Gotta love that "anti-American soapbox rant" comment, though. I find it so silly whenever American people take their patriotism so far, they end up believing that anyone who prefers an innocent, non-political thing from a foreign country is unpatriotic better word - anti-American :^O^: And I think it's only ~*logical*~ to assume that there'll be some scandal in AKB...since we all know that American entertainment has no scandals like that at all :^O^:

5. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

That is the same article apparently. Interestingly the comments in Yahoo are far more sensible - perhaps it is read by more people with open mind? For example, when one said "sexualising girls is fun" someone hit back saying "no, this is rude and stupid."

This is interesting because K-Pop holds regular audience voting to vote songs in or out. I wonder what he thinks about that - another ripoff of American Idol? And according to his logic, sexual corruption should be all over the place in K-pop too -- the girls there look even more sexualised than any one can find in J-pop.

Well I created my Huffington account just so that I could write the rebuke. Don't think I will go back regularly afterwards. I am quite surprised to see the readers seem to include quite a number of narrow-minded loud-mouthed prejudiced people. I had thought that Huffington Post has a more open-minded readership. Oh well.

6. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Believe me; this isn't limited to the Huffington Post. You'll run into these kinds of reactions in every other comments section regardless of how trusted the news outlet is. It's the way people perceive it and they wouldn't want it any other way. ;)

7. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtwbMs_9WYk
    Twitter:
    missingno15
    Don't worry too much about it. I mean c'mon, by now I think we've all seen this kinda stuff plenty of times right?

EDIT: or well, yeah what HRP said.

BTW, SINCE THIS IS A GOOGLE+ THREAD, GO TO ANNIN'S GOOGLE+ RIGHT NOW, AND STARE HER PICTURES. BE CONSUMED BY HER BEAUTY

EDIT2:
    LOL YES. this is the exact same reaction that I had :lol:

8. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

But as I said, the comments in the Yahoo page are much more sensible even though the article is the same. This is what made me wonder if Huffington Post has more narrow-minded (but loud-mouthed) people there...

Actually if it is just any forum or blog site I would not even have bothered, but I do (or should I say, did) hold certain high opinion of Huffington Post (and its readership) which is why I do not want prejudiced and unreasonable comments to go unchallenged there.

9. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Kinda off topic to the thread but please let this exist. :hmm:
    I so hate reading articles like those from Huffington Post, but I've read so much I'm already stoic about it. But let me say this, when one writes about a subject he doesn't know very well writers tend to give so much opinionated comments based on what he perceives a subject is, for short they become bias, and it reveals his true perception about the subject. Wait, wasn't news supposed to be unbias and impartial to opinions. So forgive them for their idiocy on the matter.

People almost always tend to judge other people based on what they perceive a person should be, and his measure is none other than himself. We tend to force our own self impose righteousness to other people but we don't like it when people do it to us. News persons should be free from it and avoid self made comments to invade how other people should perceive the subject, it should be plain news word for word unless its editorial.

AKB48 is like a mirror and a picture. A mirror with so many facets that reflects others perception and like a picture because its worth a thousand words. And your word of choice will reflect what kind of person you are.

If your much into music then you'll concentrate on the song they sing. Consider yourself a good fan.

If your much into dancing then you'll see their choreography. Another kind of fan.

If your much into photographs then you'll see into their pose. Not so much of a fan just for the image.

If your much into economics then you'll see the flow of money in this business. You're to serious into work you don't appreciate what the group really is.

But if you keep mentioning words like skirt, flesh-baring, bikinis, and school uniforms then you must a PERVERT, A DAMN PERVERT!. :shifty:

Note: Just my opinion on the subject I'm not claiming any gospel in this!
    And please also check Amina's g+ and her food advertising post. Is there an award for advertising food like that of what Acchan receive advertising foreign films.

10. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    The only comment worth making on this is that American Idol isn't the original. As the name suggests, it is the American version of the British show Pop Idol, which was the follow-up to Popstars. Popstars is more like AKB as they created a band.

Anyway, good to see joooooe appear in a lot of media :)

And in a similar style to honeysenpai's post: go check out Nakamatta's google+, she is pimping her economics book!

11. drazaar

drazaar Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya
    that's why i trolled him a bit, and btw yahoo articles always have funnier comments. I always skip to the comments section on yahoo [party] . The yahoo one isn't bad at all

12. KyuketsuNyanNyan

KyuketsuNyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I lol'd at his insolence. J-Pop and AKB is the music of the gods, theres no way lowly imitators like K-Pop can even remotely compare to its greatness. All who support the imitators can cry when J-Pop and AKB crushes them and proceed claim the entire WORLD to rule as its rightful owners! :^O^:

/insanity mode off

Too bad I cant post as an anon.....would've been nice to chain spam his post :hehe:

That aside, the yahoo section of comments is actually less obnoxious than the other one, I actually didnt get that enraged reading them :awesome:

A bit late but: Gz to joooooe for winning the competition [party]

13. drazaar

drazaar Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya
    I was just wondering, how is it determined which girl's google+ gets a translated page?

14. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    A+K+B and old enough to have own profile since beginning. Translation accounts were created only once...

15. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    ^No that's wrong since Nakamura Mariko has a translator and wasn't old enough initially(back when it was 18+ only)

16. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    One exception out of 200 girls? Great.

17. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Intriguing, can anyone answer the why in this. :hmm:

18. lionheartedvalor

lionheartedvalor Kenkyuusei

^ In Mariko's case?
    Probably since her 18th birthday was so close to the launch date of the Google+ project, they already prepped a translator for her before hand.

19. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Oh, a valid reason. Thanks.

20. Xander18

Xander18 Kenkyuusei

i dont even know how to use G+, [sweat]
    because there aren't many of my friend use G+
    can someone teach me please :cute: