1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Harada Aoi (Aoichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Tarooooo

Tarooooo Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    qc_bb
    Oh! So Brody is the source of that photo haha

Aoi said in her blog after the Yokohama HS that her new T-shirt is from Moussy. She wants to wear cool-style fashion from time to time.

Also for some strange reason she said she started liking kabocha/pumpkins. A wota who tweeted a HS report with her asked her if she likes pumpkins this morning, so maybe she got interested from that. In any case, this epidode proves that Aoi pays attention to what fans say at events!

2. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Uemuu posted a series of pics of Aa-chan putting batteries in a talking plushie she was given by the president of Hustle Press. I can see why Rina was so fascinated. I'll post one photo full (but a bit smaller than full-size), then all the photos in thumbnails (that you can click to see full size). Aa-chan opens the toy's battery compartment, then the battery package, then puts the batteries in...and then it talks!

01mobFPtoDX_640.jpg

mobFPtoDX.jpg mobhVkjQR.jpg mobuiE00H.jpg mobyuUeDM.jpg

3. lkwreader

lkwreader Kenkyuusei

I'm really proud of Aoi for getting in the front row of the upcoming single. I'm definitely surprised but happy for her. Hopefully she can seize this great chance & get more popular.

4. Tarooooo

Tarooooo Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    qc_bb
    Thank you! We are all very happy that Aoi is getting this type of attention.

My thoughts:
    -Since the 3rd single CD sales are on-going, moving Aoi to the front row will definitely attract more fans to go see her even if they are only there to congratulate her. (People like having predictable topics to talk about)

-Koike Minami and Aoi, being placed next to Hirate, might be recognized by the management as the third-row members who have the most room to grow. Koike sold 9th-10th in Keyakizaka, and Aoi was around 13th best-seller through the first 4 rounds of each of the first two singles. Even if the senbatsu shrinks to 16 members, they should have made it easily.

-The reason Saito Fuyuka and Sato Shiori are also part of front row might be that management is thinking of cutting the bottom sellers in the group... And this is just speculation but a few other Japanese Aoi fans and I have agreed that it's possible the management considers Aoi to be part of the group that may get the axe in the 4th single.

-The hypothesis we have is that like Nogizaka, which finally found its stable cast of "fukujin" front members by the 4th single, Keyaki's 4th single and beyond will be mainly rooted in the top 7-8 members, with the center shuffling among them. While we are still within the first three singles, the management is free to experiment with formations. It's kind of like an indignant denial of fan feedback (fans already basically decided a top 7 fukujin in keyaki through sales). The sentiment that goes against stats and sales is the idea that "any lineup in keyaki is a good lineup because the quality of the girls is so high".

-So in conclusion, yes I'm really happy about the decision to put Aoi in the front row, but I am kind of perplexed that they do this so suddenly and grouped with girls who do not share similar qualities (middle of the pack in terms of sales, age, momentum). Aoi deserves 2nd row at this point in Keyaki's history, not necessarily first row.

There's also a conspiracy theory that since Takahiro likes the 7-7-7 group choreography formation, the 2nd row may be much more prominently displayed in the music video. Stay tuned.

5. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    Congrats Aoi! :cry2: So happy for her I was in shock.

I endorsed her? That must count for something. But seriously, I think they're just shaking things up early so a) the girls don't get too comfortable/disheartened in their perceived positions thus far, and b) to experiment with public response and see what, if any, effect it has on various sales.

Naturally I think Aoi is a great girl who deserves the chance. I know it's sales that matter to management and there's lots to consider behind these moves, but to me I just look at the personalities and potential and want the girls I see something in to have that chance to shine. I see great things in her but she's still young so hopefully she can make the most of this but doesn't feel too pressured like it's her only chance.

6. Tarooooo

Tarooooo Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    qc_bb
    You're right, I probably thought too much. Every opportunity to be seen by the public is great for her!

I think I was thinking that given more time, once Aoi becomes a better dancer and singer, putting her at the front will provide her with more immediate exposure and positive feedback lol. This isn't her only chance. Every step, big or small, is good for her.

7. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    @Tarooooo Don't get me wrong, you made some good interesting points. I wasn't trying to disagree, just sum up my own thoughts. ;)

And yeah, the bottom line here is this is a great opportunity for Aoi and we should all be happy for this step - one of many to come!

8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I think they are thinking of cutting down to a 16-member (or so) senbatsu and are bringing forward people they think could improve to the point they deserve to be in it. Aoi clearly has great athletic ability, and has done ballet for a long time, but she lacks grace, in my eyes. She lacks grace in her personality, too, it seems to me. But she's talented and she's pretty -- and will become even prettier. So I think management wants to force-feed her with some prominence and help her become a better dancer and a smoother personality. The chip on her shoulder is cuter to others than it is to me, so perhaps her personality doesn't have to change as much as I think. But in any case, giving her some prominence may raise her above her previous sense of having to fight to be seen. And putting her right beside Hirate may help her feel more equal, since Hirate is even younger than she is.

9. jokoyamajui

jokoyamajui Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nagasawananako
    Yeah, I don't know that if Harada got a more "graceful personality" that she would be very Harada. I like her sort of as an alternative to the other young girls in the group. Most of the girls are pretty mature one could say, but Harada really is the annoying little sister type. I mean, I would never guess that Harada is older than Kobayashi! To me, Aoi is like 12 or 13... she's very sweet and my annoying side relates very well to her. She definitely brings a unique personality to the group and I wouldn't want to see her polished. She'll grow up with the group and it'll be interesting to see how she transforms. Until then, I don't expect much prominence from her, if ever.

10. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Lol. I have never figured out how people can call her "sweet." But that's cool. Everyone has their favorites. She certainly brings something none of the others do. And I do see her as talented and pretty and with a strong future ahead. Older than Kobayashi.... I'll just let that sink in.

11. jokoyamajui

jokoyamajui Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nagasawananako
    My mistake! I must have mixed up the dates, but she is actually younger than Kobayashi by seven months! Still, I see your point there! [hehe]

12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I think she is pretty nervous about the move up front, but I was thrilled to see her at least appearing to smile and be happy in the front row at the Perfect Halloween event. She has been kind of coasting in the third row so far. Perhaps management could see that it was time for her to push herself and that if she did, she could make a breakthrough.

tSRxHse.jpg

EDIT: She says in her blog about the event that it was a lot of fun, especially performing with Radio Fish and Choutokkyuu (Super Express). She says that just before they went on, she was still talking with Hirate about whether to wear her hair in twintails or straight. Fujimori Shingo of Radio Fish was nearby and chimed in: "The fans probably prefer twintails, but straight would go better with that outfit." And she wore it straight and loved it that way. (note: He was clearly right, on both counts.)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  13. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

lotte cm

if the video does not show watch the video here

14. Aozora

Aozora Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    [​IMG]
    Just thought I'd post this beautiful shot of Aoi during the Otona wa Shinjitekurenai performance.

15. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

From 2channel: "She looks so mature in still photos...but in motion you can see she's still a kid."
    3dpxCTt.jpg

[​IMG]

Her getting Koike to jump out of the train hand-in-hand in Kyoto was also cute:
    [​IMG]

16. Christoff522

Christoff522 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyaakane
    The top image is so cute.

17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Here's one more image. Just to prove how ridiculous it is to say Aoi-chan is an elementary-schooler, here she is on the train in Kyoto beside a real elementary schooler. Lol:

mm161212-0059220050_640.jpg

18. Hououin Pic

Hououin Pic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    Lately I've been wondering what has changed about her, she's no longer just fading in to the background... correct me if I'm wrong, but has she gotten her teeth done? even her smile is looking better

19. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I thought that getting into the front line just gave her a new attitude -- and I still think that's the main thing -- but maybe her teeth are a little straighter...and maybe not. I've looked through my many photos of her, and maybe her top two front teeth don't flare out at the bottom quite as much, or twist inward quite as much. But they are still pretty prominent. You can't change something like that overnight, it takes braces on your teeth for at least months.

Her attitude, however, seems very different. She seemed to hide in the back row and not really present herself very strongly. I felt as if she might just be going through the motions, and not showing the dance ability I believed she had. Now she can't hide, and she is giving it her all and showing her talent. And she seems very happy.

20. Hououin Pic

Hououin Pic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    ^ Attitude is an interesting topic. I do agree that her's seems to have changed drastically and I like it. Lol she's tossed aside the elementary scholar character for now (maybe forever?), although personally I found it quite endearing.

what made me bring up the teeth was the Keyakizaka46 Show! skit. While still prominent, they were noticeably straighter and she was just beaming... will try to upload some pics in a while for reference