Hasegawa Niina (Niinan) / 17th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by ForrestFuller, May 5, 2022.

1. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

[​IMG]
    • Name: Hasegawa Niina (長谷川 新奈)
    • Nickname: Niinan
    • Birthday: August 8, 2001
    • Birth place: Kanagawa
    • Oshimen: Oguri Yui & Sakaguchi Nagisa
    • Charm point: oldest member of 17th Gen but 'nobody can tell'
    • Extra Info: used to be a streamer

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Apparently Niina was quite popular as a streamer, before joining AKB. She had a Twitter account with over 9000 followers (she posted a goodbye message on it, on the day of 17th gen's intro). She also had a TikTok account with 84k followers and 270k likes (one of her TikToks had 1,4 million plays), the TikTok name is 'not_name_thx', I guess she changed it to this name after getting into 17th gen lol cute. SHOWROOM's Twitter page also congratulated Niina on her debut, she was selected in 2021 as a SHOWROOM Outstanding Ambassador!

Here is a past video of Niina playing the flute. I hope she does well as AKB member! She has some experience compared to others, she even acted as MC during the 17th gen intro in SR.

001.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. primermicarrucha

primermicarrucha Future Girls

4. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:

6. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    Nice playing:cool:

• Like Like x 4
  7. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Ninan Yansu

This reminds me of all those HOURS spent watching NMB48 kotone sugiura try to blow a single note in SHOWROOM

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
  8. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up

Niinan talks about the difference between her Sakamichi audition and AKB48 one. (at least the ones she attended)
    Sakamichi (when she was around 17) ->
    • the dance song was decided beforehand.
    • Got asked to show forehead.
    • For dance audition part, got asked to wear clothes that shows bodyline (mostly T-shirt+short pants)

AKB48 ->
    • got told the song on the spot, got taught for about 1 hour, then perform.
    • Didn't get asked to show forehead, but make-up artist wanted so see anyway.
    • For dance audition part, got asked to wear clothes that are easy to move in

• Informative Informative x 8
  9. moomookan

moomookan Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki, Yagi Toa
    Wow, that’s super interesting information. I know there have been a couple of members in 48 or 46g who auditioned for both, but Niinan is the first one I’ve heard talk about it.

The Sakamichi audition sounds like they’re just looking for models... I like the Sakamichi groups, and it’s nothing against them, but that audition setup rubs me the wrong way. Wearing figure-emphasizing clothing to a dance audition? I know it’s a reality of the industry, but perhaps a “body check” could be saved for a time where they aren’t dancing? :fp:

I like that AKB encouraged comfort for dancing. It makes me wonder if they really wanted to see girls who can go all-out in dance. With two dance-heavy singles, the 17th gen has a lot on their plate!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Now now, it's just a clip from her showroom, maybe she's generalizing or just mentioning few details. (or my wording for the translation is bad lol)
    Pretty sure the normal "body check" is done at documents step and previous rounds of audition. (since dance audition is among the last usually)
    But yeah maybe they want their dancing form to be beautiful too.

Since I'm here again some more translation of what she said:
    • She almost got scouted (to an entertainment office) when she was in junior high and was contacted again 2 years later. They asked about her parents' heights.
    • In the end since she had afterschool club in High School and it was difficult to go to Tokyo everyday she turned it down.

• She didn't feel confident in her AKB dance audition, especially because she didn't realize there were some black dirt on her face when dancing. (She realized later after checking the mirror.)
    • That's why she tried her best in the singing part of the audition, meeting eyes with Yukirin helped boost some confidence for her.
    • They were singing in turns. After the song they got 1 question each. Usually standard questions like "Why you join AKB?" "Which AKB senpai you like and why?" etc.
    • But for her it was suddenly "Please do your own self appeal! Whatever you do is fine!" She was shocked by the sudden change [hehe]
    • Ended up doing her own self introduction in very quick manner for that.

• After failing the Sakamichi audition, she was living normally, going to university. One day her mom asked if she wanted to try for AKB since she is just at the age limit.
    • She only ever did those two auditions

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  11. moomookan

moomookan Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki, Yagi Toa
    Ah, I see! That’s true, it may have just been to monitor dance form.

And LOL, they changed the question on poor Niina! I bet she was mentally preparing to answer “why do you want to join AKB48?” after hearing all the other girls get asked too :lol:

12. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Welcome back and Happy 21st Birthday, Niinan!
    She's back to activity after finishing the 10 days self-quarantine after getting infected. https://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12757588328.html
    I suppose she can now validly sing Crown-shaped virus in their zenza performances[hehe]
    Back right on her birthday!
    She certainly had a chance to be on 60th single on the showroom senbatsu if it wasn't for covid:(
    Looking forward to see her in more activities!
    random Niinan pics from the internet:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

-----
    https://twitter.com/akb_trainee48/status/1556475289240080387
    Message from Niinan:

Thank you for all the birthday wishes!
    I'm sorry for making everyone worried right before my birthday.
    I myself am the most surprised of realizing that I have become 21 years old, but I'll work hard to become a wonderful woman in the future.
    Please keep supporting me from now on as well!

2022/08/08 Hasegawa Niina​

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  13. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Some belated Niinan birthday photos from 17ken twitter :
    https://twitter.com/akb48_17ken/status/1557246803153944581
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

She got the full Showroom event ranking from management (so it's showing rank 16 and below too) and when she looked up her name it's not far from 15th rank.
    She didn't expect to get into top 8 (since it will burden her fans) but felt top 15 was within reach if not for the crown-shaped virus.
    It's complicated for her and she just doesn't want to burden her fans with "revenge" in the next showroom event.

• A bit more about her Covid experience
    • She wasn't hospitalized but it wasn't no symptoms either.
    • It started with fever, and stayed at 40 C (it worried her) quite a while until she got medicine and it got lower.
    • She always has honey toast for breakfast, and during one of the day she realized that she lost the ability to taste because it didn't taste delicious.
    • Now the funny part, somehow she felt it's a bad deal to eat/get calories without having the taste.:^^;:
    • But she didn't lose her appetite. She even ate curry rice whole.
    • Now that she got Covid, it was no time for diet, everyone was even saying that this is the time to be nice to yourself, so she just decided to enjoy and ate a lot of sweet things her mom bought for her. [hehe]
    • Since she was just eating and sleeping she was expecting her weight to be increasing.
    • Surprisingly it was the opposite, she lost a lot of pounds instead.

Opinion: I really enjoy her showroom sessions, she has a lot of things to talk about, and she almost always talks in very interesting way.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Seriously.... :(:(:(:(:(
    She says can't handle both AKB and university activities well at the same time, coming into this decision.
    therefore Hasegawa Niina will end her activities by tomorrow, Aug 28, after the fan photo sessions ended. :cry:

16. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    I don't know, man. When they leave just like that without any ceremony they're either Tsumugi or there's more into it. After all, she's an Hasegawa.

17. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    well she is a Kenkyuusei, and this is the norm for Kenkyuusei. Let's just.... let it go... for now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    But they have their own stage now. She could've waited at least for the second performance. I bet two thousand rubles that we'll see her soon in a chika group.

19. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

Jesus f*ing Christ... why my 17ki oshimen? And on top not even by graduation, but just straight quitting.. :(
    Well, so it be.. All the best to her, wherever her fate may lead her. Thank you for the past months!<3

Welcome back to the top Kokone :flower:

• Like Like x 2
  20. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    clip from Hotechan current showroom:
    https://twitter.com/k3po8gouki/status/1563495963029028864

Hotechan cried when someone told her the news,
    but she already knew that Niinan is leaving.
    Before @ JAM performance she cried when she looked at Niina's face, knowing it would be their last performance together.:cry::cry:
    Also she's upset for doing some errors on that last performance.​

Niinan's have a showroom scheduled later tonight. Guess that'll be our goodbye showroom as an AKB member.

• Informative Informative x 2