1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Hasegawa Rena (Renapon) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NGT48 Graduated Members' started by nobodywil, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    thank you @ForrestFuller ,i've been trying to find info about that movie for a while now

i know that Renapon hasn't been pushed like the top NGT girls but i hope this movie is the start of it and does good things for renapon's career

2. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    If she has a nice role :)

3. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Midnight Bus trailer

if the video does not show watch the video here

there's no Renapon but her name is in the credits at the end [hehe]

4. Maria Lamezon

Maria Lamezon Kenkyuusei

Is it a dorama??

5. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
  6. Maria Lamezon

Maria Lamezon Kenkyuusei

7. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Renapon Solo PV (Short Version) for the 2nd Single

8. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    i think Renapon's movie will do well since part of the cast is Wakana Aoi who's the lead on the current asadora Warotenka

9. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Full-page newspaper advertisement for Midnight Bus. There's plenty of informations concerning Renapon inside, so I tried translating all of them. Despite the fact it's going to be a dramatic movie, by and large, it's interesting to see there's also a cheerful side to it.
    [​IMG]

Translation of the upper section, an interview with Rena.
    Hasegawa Rena (NGT48), in the role of the friend of the protagonist's daughter

Last March, filmings for the scene of the live performance by the idol unit Magical Wonder Girls were carried out at Bandai City Park, in the central district of Niigata. This unit consisted of the protagonist's daughter, Takamiya Ayana, played by Aoi Wakana, as well as Ueda Erika and Kimura Sachiko, played respectively by Maikawa Miyako (Dear☆) and Hasegawa Rena (NGT48). For this scene, all three of them got to master both singing and dancing parts in a short span of time.
    Hasegawa Rena-san, who even in her normal life is active as an idol within NGT48, told us: "For reasons related to my movie role, I made sure not to show my usual self in there. I hope that when people will look at my image shown on screen they'll think of it as the idol from within the movie, instead."
    Nevertheless, being this her first time appearing in a movie, she also felt uneasy about acting. Upon consulting with Aoi-san, she receive advices from her: "It's best to engage it with fun. If by any chance it'll not be good enough, the director will point it out to you anyway". She was also told by Maikawa-san: "You are the youngest, so I think you should feel free to go about it with a cheerful mood".
    The day of the filming for the live perfomance coincided with the announcement event for NGT48's first single. When she learned about that, Taizo Harada-san, who plays as the protagonist, called her to say "Today is an important day, isn't it?". "Harada-san asked me about how I had been playing baseball since forever, and about a variety of other things. Since he's a veteran senior, at first I was really tense and I thought that talking with him would be impossible for me, but he actually was as gentle and fun as he is on television, it turns out he was easy to speak with".
    Inside the movie, what left the strongest impression on her was the scene where the daughter (Aoi-san) turns to her mother (Yamamoto Mirai-san), whom she's been estranged from for 16 years, to say "Don't get too intimate when calling me (by name)". When she watched the premiere, she recalls how "The daughter's emotions came to the surface all of a sudden. Her feelings were conveyed so strongly".
    The movie was filmed at various locations inside the prefecture. "Swans and snow, as well as many places where we conduct our everyday life also appear on screen. Doesn't it feel as though this is a story that happened very close to ourselves? For any resident of our prefecture, this is guaranteed to be a movie they can watch with a sentiment of close familiarity", she felt.
    It has been 10 months since the recordings. "Time passed in a flash, right now all I'm looking forward to is theater performances".

Translation of the bottom right section, about the production process but still somewhat relevant.
    4 students of an anime/manga technical school in Niigata

Formed by the protagonist's daughter, Takamiya Ayana, as well as Kimura Sachiko and Ueda Erika, Magic Wonder Girls (commonly known as MagiWanMusu)'s special feature is their hairstyle and costumes resembling anime characters. The plot's setting has the three of them doing a real live-action version of the characters appearing on a serialized webcomic.
    When it came to the filming, four students of the Japan Animaton&Manga College (JAM, Niigata central district) collaborated for their design.
    MagiWanMusu fight against evil while using magic. Their members are Ayanyan (Ayana), the main character wearing a pink costume from which cat ears and tail spring out, Saanyan (Sachico) wearing a yellow costume, and Erinyan (Eriko) wearing a purple one.
    Employed in the design project were students enrolled in the character design course of JAM: Segoshi Miyuki-san (19 y.o.) from Niigata, Muragoshi Akane-san (20 y.o.) from Tsubame, Koyanagi Akari-san (20 y.o.) from Niigata, Nashiki Ayano-san (20 y.o.) from Myoukou. Because of the fact they are already active as authors, "they can't reveal their faces", but according to Komagata Osamu (39 y.o.), a teacher staff at the same course, the four of them "have both the artistic skills and a real sense of responsibility when accomplishing their job".
    Segoshi-san, whose forte is considered to be cute clothes design, handled the design of the costumes and hairstyle of the three MagiWanMusu characters. Based on this, Muragoshi-san, Koyanagi-san, and Nashiki-san then finished up each illustration for every single one of them.
    Matching them, the movie costumes were also created. At the live performance scene in Bandai City, vertical banners and merchandise with each one of the MagiWanMusu characters drawn on them were prepared for the occasion, as well as sweets bearing those illustrations, all of which livened up the atmosphere.
    The plot's setting also sees Ayana and her companions living together at the same shared house. This scene was shot at the Nishikan district of Niigata. Inside of their room, the sketchbooks on which Segoshi's team drew their illustration and some preliminary drafts of mangas are left here and there in the form of small scenic props.
    The design work underwent revisions at several times, following the instructions of the director Masao Takeshita. He spoke of how, on some occasions, he even brought the work at home and devoted all his time on it until late into the night.
    "It was a hard task to revise the design, with the prerequisite that they had to be made into actual costumes. However, the costumes that Aoi-san and her friends wear really suit them and look so cute, and so I feel a sense of accomplishment about it.", Segoshi-san looks back at it with a smiling expression.

The movie's website seems to have also been updated with more photos and just a little bit of details, so I'm leaving it here again for good measure:
    http://midnightbus-movie.jp

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    And here's the Nikkan Sports article about Renapon's movie role:
    [​IMG]

Edit: Decided to add another translation for this piece because the content looked interesting.
    In reference to her first movie appearance, Hasegawa told that "To be honest, the fact I'm appearing on cinema screens still feels incredible to me. I hope people will see this as a new me, different from when I'm in NGT48."
    Filmings were carried out last March, when she gave an enthusiastic performance in the role of the friend of the daughter of Takamiya Riichi, the bus driver protagonist of the movie, played by the main star Harada.
    As part of NGT48, during the same period she also needed to carry out various events in preparation for their major debut, which was slated for April, and there have also been times when the schedule of the shootings overlapped with that of the events.
    She describes herself as a "Laid-back, open-hearted kind of girl", but because of the unpredictable behavior she displays from time to time, she's deemed a "Scary person" by other members at NGT48 and the staff alike. For her role, she played "A somewhat airheaded girl, but raised rigorously at her family-owned shrine". Being this image different from her own usual self, she looked at other NGT48 members as a reference. "That would be close to someone like Tsugumin (Oguma Tsugumi) and Riko (Sugahara Riko), I thought to myself. I decided to imitate their way of speaking and so I had been observing the two of them."
    Within the movie there are also scenes where she gets to stand on stage as an idol, along with Aoi Wakana and Maikawa Miyako. When on this stage, the image of her movie character is that of a "Cutesy type of girl". Even in this aspect, when it came to acting she took inspiration from another certain member. "When inside of NGT48, I keep my mind focused on performing dances with a cool style to it, therefore I tried as best as I could to avoid showing this side during the shootings. If I have to exaggerate, I'd say I took a bit of inspiration from Rika-chan (Nakai Rika)".
    Despite being busy with her work, every day she made sure to read the script and memorize her lines, and during the actual acting performance she made pretty much no slip-ups. She intends to use this chance to reach her next step. When we asked her for a message to give to the people of Niigata, she cheerfully told us "There will be many places and typical products appearing on screen that will be easy to recognize if you are a resident of the Niigata prefecture, so I hope they'll be able to enjoy this movie even more!".

11. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    One more full newsaper page for Renapon (from Niigata Nippo)
    [​IMG]

12. Maria Lamezon

Maria Lamezon Kenkyuusei

OMG thank you SO MUCH for translating it!! I'm so excited for renapon! I thought this part would be mostly a "promote ngt" thing, but i can really see her as a serious actress, after reading this!!! I'm super excited to watch it, and i hope she gets more jobs soon!

13. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    thank you so much for translating
    does anyone else think that Renapon looks so pretty lately,i've been thinking this since Request Hour
    she was always pretty but she looks stunning now :D

14. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka

15. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Could Renapon have what it takes to be a new leader for NGT48? This thought occurred to me while watching Niigatta Friend episodes featuring her.

16. Maria Lamezon

Maria Lamezon Kenkyuusei

I feel that about her! I think she have a lot of leadership characteristics, maybe when she gets older, she'll be given the position!

17. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    or maybe in a few years when they make Team TIII they can transfer Renapon and make her captain

18. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Happy Birthday Renapon :ome:

i just saw NGT's full mv from akb's single and Renapon was in 2nd row between Katomina and Gatanee :D

19. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Happy Birthday!! Looking how they celebrated she seems to be very beloved by the members.

20. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    at renapon's seitansai Renapon got a special mission regarding the 3rd single
    On april 7th she's going to go to Tokyo Dome where a baseball match will be held and she's going to be a special guest as a pitcher and if she succeeds they're going to play the full pv on the stadium's screens