1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Hashimoto Kanna / Rev. from DVL

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by mayuoshi, Dec 18, 2013.

1. mayuoshi

mayuoshi Kenkyuusei

In Japan, one idol from Fukuoka is making a storm all over the Japanese internet. In early November, her name became the most searched term in Japan. Who is this wonder idol? Her name is Hashimoto Kanna. She is part of the local Fukuoka group Rev. from DVL, who perform at local events in Fukuoka. She's very popular on 2chan and Twitter and is being called a "Once-in-a-thousand-year talent". I think that she's pretty cute and even if she isn't "once-in-a-thousand-years" she deserves the support.

DOB: Feb. 3, 1999
    Birthplace: Fukuoka
    Blood type: AB
    Height: 143cm
    Weight: 41kg
    Measurements: 62-56-72
    Agency: Active Hakata

This is the picture that made her famous.
    [​IMG]

This is a video of her performing (She's the girl the cameraman is following)

if the video does not show watch the video here
    And an informative video subbed by AIDOL

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  2. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
  3. .SK.

.SK. Kenkyuusei

Her beauty is out of this world. It would do her good to audition for HKT, not only will she definitely be taken and will be made something, but she might take the center spot on a whim. She's like a dough with all ingredients perfected waiting to be baked and I don't think she'll shine much in her current group.

4. brunoiaz

brunoiaz Kenkyuusei

That's the problem with following other idol groups, I always want them to join AKB/SKE/NMB/HKT/Nogizaka46 :^^;:

But this kind of thing happens with indie idols. Sometimes one or two members stand out too much because they are "too good" for their own local group. It's harsh to say that she should leave her group, but she, indeed, should leave her group lol It's the best for her career.

I feel the same thing with SO.ON Project. It's a small group with, let's say, "regular" members. But then...
    https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000827714534/5393138fb09793c4a0cb91fac375ef3a.jpeg
    Super cute Maeda appeared :^O^: haha

5. mayuoshi

mayuoshi Kenkyuusei

She is really pretty and she has a few good solo activities going on, but you're right. Depending on how far she wants to go, she's going to have to leave the group, because the rest of REV. from DVL will be pretty hard to pull up from what I've seen. In any case I believe solo work will suit her best. She could have a extensive career if it took off and I believe she would be quite out of place in HKT.

6. DerKaiserZen

DerKaiserZen Member

Oshimen:
    島崎 遥香, 田口愛佳
    Well, I remembered all the uproar caused by her last year, and with a good reason though :^O^:
    and for all the issues discussed here..
    I think that is the "beauty" of local idol groups..we don't know where we'll find a "diamond in a rough" and to imagine there's probably dozens, maybe hundreds of them out there throughout Japan..
    Tokyo Idol Matsuri is the good spot to discovers all these underground idols..
    It's harsh, If she really wanted to have a better future in entertainment, that's the only option i guess.. [speechless]
    and about her joining 48G.. I loves the ideas!! I'm completely fine with this, even Yuko (Doll's Vox, Takamizawa produce) and Miorin already been into a some sort of idol group before joining 48G..
    But I'm not sure the circumstances now within the 48 is appropriate for her to gain her "big break"..especially in HKT..
    say this..Imagine if she joined 4th Gen audition and passed..all the attention will going to directed at her, and all the buzz surrounding the 3rd Gen Kids might died out a little before they even get their "ground" stable a.k.a "Haste Pushing"..which is not good for HKT, especially when they still regained their ground after shuffles.

7. polar_star

polar_star Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibataaya
    48G management might not even want someone who already has a name, even if she passes the audition, there is no guarantee she will be pushed/supported in HKT... She would have to re-start her career from scratch if she auditioned for HKT now!

8. DerKaiserZen

DerKaiserZen Member

Oshimen:
    島崎 遥香, 田口愛佳
    ^ Names is fine, since no matter how huge her name is, she still considered as a "Local Idol"..It's just thanks for Internet that promoted and marketed her.. But the same cannot be said if some agency marketed her and promoted her under their contracts..
    if she join by audition, of course she'll start from scratches..Can't be helped, It's an audition~ :^^;:
    and she might have to change her name too like Nakayama Nana..who was the former H!P members..
    bue we all know better know her as Yamada Nana, the Old Hag of NMB~ :lol:

Some of her photos that I managed to find..
    http://sociorocketnewsen.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/6156bd76.jpg?w=580&h=746
    http://sociorocketnewsen.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/b4c5e415.jpg?w=562&h=800
    http://sociorocketnewsen.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/337fa795.jpg?w=580&h=790
    http://sociorocketnewsen.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/31bf4bb8.jpg?w=580&h=744

9. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I dunno, I think joining 48G (or another group) may be a bad idea since there's no guarantee she'll get pushed to the front. Plenty of experienced girls get easily sidelined to push fresh faced amateurs.

Besides that, I see groups more for girls that aren't ready to (or simply can't) make it on their own. If she's causing this much commotion already while being part of an unpopular group, she should go solo. We're seriously lacking right now in the Masuda Seiko, Matsuura Aya, Goto Maki department.

10. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu

from JIJIPRESS

橋本環奈「1000年に1人なんて...」と謙遜

「第6回沖縄国際映画祭」のプログラム発表会見が行われ、ガレッジセール、NMB48、Rev.from DVLのメンバーらが出席した。今年のテーマは「島ぜんぶでおーきなこと」で、開催規模が拡大。映画祭の華でもある「レッドカーペット」は、これまでの沖縄コンベンションセンターに加え、国際通りでも開催される。会見には「1000年に1人の逸材」として話題のRev.from DVL・橋本環奈も登場。「1000年に1人なんて...」と謙遜しながらも、「話題にしていただいたことで、いろいろな年代の方に話し掛けていただくことが多くなりました」と感謝していた。

出席者:ガレッジセール、品川ヒロシ、鉄拳、ロバート山本、宮川たま子、NMB48(山本彩、渡辺美優紀、山田菜々)、Rev.from DVL、近藤夏子、宇野祥平、藤井隆、佐藤麻衣

2014年2月18日;吉本興業東京本部(東京・新宿)
    6分56秒

11. brunoiaz

brunoiaz Kenkyuusei

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRHsEw4O6TE[/yt]
    They just released their first MV! More like Kanna & the backdancers than Rev.from DVL but I guess that's expected lol The song is pretty nice (And the other members look good too!) :)

Edit: And their official site looks better now. They also have new profile pictures for the members.
    [​IMG]
    "Love -arigatou-" will be released in April 16 in 6 types. Hope it sells well!

Edit 2: And looks like they have their own theater now too :blink:

12. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Lol, I'm the 531st subscriber of Rev.from DVL公式チャンネル YT Channel? So few, but again its only been 3 days old, however, they fail to capitalize to the publicity Kanna has generated, they should fire their online marketeer!

Anyway, here's the CDJapan single link.

LOVE - arigatou - [Type A] [CD+DVD]
    LOVE - arigatou - [Type B] [CD+DVD]

Notice the newly designed website of CDJapan, I just notice it this morning. Its just two versions just like the good old AKB days, I miss those and so does my wallet!

Hmm.. anyone here have scans of Anan magazine, the one I posted above with Kanna in the front page. I've been wondering if I should get a copy but reluctant since I've regretted buying magazines with so few pages of the artist I want to see.

13. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    This MV has an even worse screentime distribution than AKB48.

Too bad she didn't applied for HKT48! :D

14. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    Their website looks exactly like a 48group webpage :^^;:
    I would have preferred Hashimoto in HKT48, but hey, it's not up to me. Good luck to them, hope their singles will improve, this one sounds like a typical average idol song.

15. SunnySK42

SunnySK42 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    otakiyuria
    Twitter:
    sunnyside_42
    I don't know much about Kanna, but yesterday I was out with some (Japanese) coworkers and she came up in conversation. First they were talking about someone they knew who likes SKE48 (and trying to figure out what the SKE stood for, lol) and then, on the topic of idols, someone mentioned a "once in a thousand years" idol that was getting popular. I think she was on TV or in the news or something, but most of my coworkers seemed to have heard of her and how cute/beautiful she's supposed to be. They also knew that she was from Fukuoka (I live about an hour and a half away by train). They didn't know her name though and honestly I couldn't remember until I looked it up later, but I'm positive that they were talking about Kanna. So I guess she's actually known to some of the general public (since as far as I know none of my coworkers are into idols), even outside of Fukuoka. I thought someone might be interested to know that, since I was pretty surprised. I think that if she can continue capitalizing on her "once in a thousand years" image she could be pretty successful, but as others have said, it seems like a solo career might be better for her. If she's bound by a contract I doubt her current management would be willing to let her leave though.

16. moonlit

moonlit Member

The song is old, they've been performing it for a while now, but this is the official release. I think it's similiar to other local/small idol groups, that they have some songs, and once they have their 'breakthrough' they release that as a single first.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xY-dZRkEuM[/yt]
    The full PV is more balanced.

I find it funny how people say Kanna&the backdancers, when Kanna was a backdancer before this inet fame herself. Looking at old videos, she's not holding a microphone, the older girls do, who btw too get good portion of screentime.

edit: Also, they all get blogs from now on, but not many have posted yet.
    http://ameblo.jp/hashimotokanna-rev/ <<Kanna's blog

UPDATE:
    Single Promotion stuff. (also I kind of got more interested in Yukina than Kanna, lol)
    [yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NBoc9OvECs[/yt]

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3H6vAz4hws[/yt]

17. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Throwing out the first pitch at the Soft Bank Hawks game...

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  18. kreepy

kreepy Kenkyuusei

i am surprised idol would come up in conversation.

19. moonlit

moonlit Member

Somebody care to say what this job is about? Sounds monthly something show? She says she'll come back next month at the end.

That being said, while Kanna is beautiful, Yukina's cuteness is out of this world. When ever I look at that adorable cute tiny girl I wanna squeal and hug her >///////<
    [​IMG]

She's the one in the middle. What I want to know is.... are she and Kanna related? Not only do they have the same kanji for last names (which both are read as Hashimoto) but also the Kanji for Na in their first names is the same. Are they cousins or something? (they can't be sisters, they're only a month apart in age)

They're also both pretty short, Yukina's official Active Hakata profile says she's 130 cm tall (probably was at the time of auditioning for that agency), Kanna is 149 cm in her official profile,
    they also use the same PR words in their profiles, suspicious...:^O^:
    (something among the lines, that despite being small in size, their hearts are large, lol)

comparison of names:
    橋本幸奈 Hashimoto Yukina
    橋本環奈 Hashimoto Kanna

P.s. just imagined if Yukina&Kanna had auditioned for HKT48, Kanna kicking Meru's butt, and Yukina Nako's (for the spot of the shortest girl lol)
    P.s. 2 I am shamelessly promoting my fav girl in this group on this forum X'D

20. cubozoa

cubozoa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    Twitter:
    Cubozoa48
    Is Ai ni Kinshai a B-side song of their upcoming release?

I kinda like this song more than Love Arigatou but srsly the screentime distribution is .. well :^^;: