1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Have any of you lost interest in 48/46G?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Doodleboy, Dec 8, 2016.

?

Have you lost interest in 48 G?

Poll closed Dec 12, 2016.
  1. Yes, I don't follow them anymore.

9 vote(s)
    8.4%
  2. Somewhat. All of my oshis have graduated, but I still follow the group.

19 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. Not really, but I am losing interest.

34 vote(s)
    31.8%
  4. Of course not, I have just as much interest in the group as I did when I started to follow AKB Group

20 vote(s)
    18.7%
  5. No, I've gained more interest than I ever had before.

25 vote(s)
    23.4%
  1. Tris-chan

Tris-chan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamadanoe
    For me, it comes and goes. If there's a new single or stage, I'm interested. If someone graduates, I'm interested. I still love Komi, but not to the degree I did - it's funny, the better she does, the less interest I have. I guess I like underdogs? Or maybe my tastes are changing.
    I'll probably be interested again with the newbies. And I'm starting to get into NMB (mostly because of Momoka, I'll be honest.) But overall...it's just kind of meh. It's always the same, and after a while, unless you have a serious oshimen, you just kind of...get tired of sameness, I think.

Edited to add: I think Cristafari is also correct about the charisma thing. There are a few very interesting characters, but these days everyone is such an orthodox idol with very few exceptions. Which is fine, but so much sameness is...bleh.
    I miss when teams all had very different characteristics. I miss when there were weirdos everywhere - crazy Meetan and super athletic and strong Sayaka (Tano is filling her shoes okay in some respects, not in others.) I miss the rivalries that I think pushed everyone to do better. I miss ori-4 and Akimoto-K and everyone fawning over Sae. I miss the feeling of real underdogs that were still working their ass off to be noticed - a lot of the theater girls seem to have given up somehow, when I watch. They work hard, but it's not...I don't know. There's something missing. Maybe things are too stable?
    Honestly I wish they'd do something completely nuts. Make everyone audition again or something.
    Maybe what I miss is when it seemed less like a business? That's probably it. It's all business now. Even Aki-p seems to be on the sidelines, watching, trying to figure out what went wrong where.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  2. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Yeah I lost interest, but that was years ago, these days i only support SKE or watch any of the shows that are actually interesting in the 48/46 group. But trust me i pass over lots of episodes for almost any reason, I don't blame it on charisma or anything since my loss of interest maybe more of an age thing and well most of the groups sort of weren't what i thought they were. I gave Keyaki and NGT a shot, but just like the rest i didn't have gain any interest in them to follow them for long or at all.

3. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    im not sure when i gradually lost interest on 48g but im sure i didnt really care about 48g when i started to follow nogi because i really loves the image nogi has. i know they still poses in men magazine showing parts of body but then it seems they arent that hardcore like 48g where most of them popular due to big boobs (i love yuko and her boobs but she is hella funny too and the talented sayanee). plus eventhough nogi main single kinda like the same sound/background music/mellow/boring, their b-sides mostly a killer.
    plus, like older gen fans..48g really lost their main characters with unique personality. i kinda disagree with reason like same senbatsu, because since 1st single, im pretty sure, the senbatsu never change that much compared to these days where at least one new girl will be part of senbatsu. but the things is, the girsl arent different enough, similar face/personality/character/depends on gravure on and on.
    probably after yuko grad + the appearance of beautiful girls of nogi, i didnt bother that much to follow 48g. just casually here and there to see news and listen to new songs.

4. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    I suddenly lost interest in 48G. Newer, fresher, more interesting idols start spawning in YouTube and I might not look back at 48G anymore.

5. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

^I guess I share the same sentiment, almost faux sympathy for 48G girls.
    But just like MMO, if you're feeling attached to these community, you don't just leave abruptly without giving a fair share of support. Then funnily returned back for another run of fun. It's complicated.

6. paruchory

paruchory Kenkyuusei

well, for me sometimes I have others stuff to do (work usually), or differents big events coming out and I follow more them for some times (momoiro concerts - E-girls/flowers, Perfume concerts), but also if I don't follow for maybe a week or two, after I always come back to see what's happening to the girls. I mean also if my oshi is graduating I love others girls too and I can't stop follow them.
    One of the brilliant aspect of 48 family for me is that members are always doing something.
    What's more difficoult is to follow all the family, that's pretty impossible if you have a life so in the last year I focalized more in akb48, not only akb48 but almost lost interest at least in ske and nmb, and that was in particular for the lack of time (and rena graduation of course).

7. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I do think that bumping a thread just to write that is a big... meh.
    Especially with graduated girls, sometimes I get excited that there are finally news about X and go into the thread just to read 10 messages of HBday. :^^;:

Anyway, I'm more interested this year than I was last year, so I voted the last option as well. [hehe]
    I think the new gens we've got in all the groups (sans NGT) has helped with that. I like to see the girls growing and improving.

I think my only problem with the 48G is that it has slooooooooooooowed down so much sometimes I feel like nothing is happening apart from the casual theatre performance here and there.
    SKE has only released two singles this year and their album has no signs of being released in the near future.
    HKT seemed to advance towards the three singles in a year, but... no.
    NGT feels like it's lost their momentum and god knows how their debut will sell.
    And we keep getting the same rehashed stages every other month.

So... yeah, I'm more excited than I was last year, but I'm also getting more critical with the group. :^^;:

8. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I lost interest after they released halloween night, kuchibiru ni be my baby, kimi wa melody, and tsubasa wa iranai. 4 of them aren't listenable, eventhough in kuchibiru be my baby, there's 365 nichi no kami hikouki, which is an awesome song, but apparently during that time I discovered more of japanese music scene, or as some user in other forum called it "expand your horizon". I discovered the richness of JPOP scene, and AKB was past its prime, musically.
    Eventhough I think love trip and high tension are good releases, I guess akb doesn't work for me anymore. In idol scene I gain huge interest in nogizaka, keyakizaka, and babymetal, those 3 never disappoint.
    but since 2015 I always follow akb48, so it becomes a habit of me to at least read some news about akb. But, after paruru left, probably that habit would be reduced by 90% next year

9. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Did you start this poll because you were truly interested in other people's opinions, or to start fights with people who have a different opinions than yours?

And no, you aren't stating the obvious. You are trying to say something controversial in order to trigger people. Also, what you are saying is factually incorrect. As someone who has to monitor this forum, I can tell you there is a lot of crap I don't like that goes on here, but the forum being reduced mainly to "Happy Birthday" posts isn't one of them. Nor is it true.

So don't make stuff up and then try to ignite flame wars, or I am going to boot you out of your own thread. Got it?

10. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

I was going to post something on why I voted but...

I rather keep the "heat" on little D-Boy instead. :awesome:

11. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Fixed! BRB, got to edit a...

...post. :awesome:

12. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Stop already. Jeez, what is wrong with you? BTW, most of us did realize you were kidding around, until you doubled down with your only posts I see here are birthday wishes blast. Stop defending yourself, you are derailing your own thread.

And with that, you are booted from it.

13. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

My interested probably peaked around a year ago, and I enjoyed going to handshakes and watching their TV shows and whatnot. Now I don't follow as intensely in a way - mostly reduced to checking twitter and fanclub feed; if showroom is on and I am bored, I may drop by. I honestly care very little about news like new singles, concerts or graduations. This is of course not at all related to my oshi as she is being pushed very hard right now and is nowhere close to graduation. This is not due to difficult access to resource either. I don't think it has to do with the state of AKB either given that I joined the fandom pretty late and never experienced the so-called "good old days". I simply have to deal with things in life and do not want to invest as much time into the group.

That said, I am still interested in specific members, and although I don't follow their activities as closely, if I go back to Japan I would still most likely go to handshakes to see them. I also still actively chat with my wota friends so I don't think I will do a massive cut off soon.

As for this forum, my activity here nowadays is definitely less than before, if not minimal. I only come here once in a while to see what people think after some major announcement (such as the 16 gen debut). I am also not interested in pumping a lot of member related news into each of their own threads.

14. Minami_san

Minami_san Kenkyuusei

I share the same opinion.
    Interest has decreased but still around.
    Even because I still like most of 48G songs. And just liking them is good enough for me, I don't expect every release to be the new favourite song Heavy Rotation Fly Get kami ultra mega popular best thing ever...

Anyway, we will see in few months when Mayu, Yukirin and Sasshi graduate, specially Mayu as she've been top memeber since always!
    I think my interest will only change as it did it before:
    I had my AKB interest, then my team A interest, then top members interest... until today which is basically Mayu interest + akb sinlges / concerts, special stages

15. yousakura

yousakura Member

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    Personally, I stick around because I have faith in the girls and management to do something spectacular again. I agree with you that once Watanabe, Kashiwagi and Sashihara graduate, the girls will need someone to be that center and someone to be the ace of the group. That's why I think the sooner those three graduate, the sooner 48g will turn things around

16. TysonTee

TysonTee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I'm a new 48/46G follower (started from last year DEC ) , Full interest on AKB48 when i discovered them because the old member likes Yuko-chan and maimai . Then I start finding their profile (news) to see , and almost every member i like (oshimen)were graduated ... Later on , I found Sasshi's scandal ... Depressed and lose interest for a duration ... until their Anniversary song (kimi wa melody) debuted. Interest recovered , Interest increase even more after i watch the MSG , and the Keyakizaka46 breakout

17. Kudostar

Kudostar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    It depends, there are so many factor for me to say that I lost my interest in AKB. If we're talking about music, I can say I started to feel a lil lost of interest. But in terms of member, I am a firm believer that when liking one of member make you following her activities in AKB, I'm pretty sure you will start to know another member as well.
    For me, the order is atsumina first, I actually like nyannyan because her beautiful modelling portfolio, and then jurina in ooge diamond (I honestly her secret admirer, never talk about her too much but I always find a glowing aura in herself).
    I like meru before she got into AKB (momusu 10'th gen finalist), and following sasshi since I get curious why she can be number 1 after her scandal. Both of them (Meru and sasshi) is the reason why I start to follow HKT48 as a whole group and noticing that every member have their own unique presence to build the group together.
    When you see your oshi as the representation of one group, and everything is evolve around her. Yes you will start to see thing sucks.
    But when you see her as a part of the whole group, you will always find a whole new thing, new member and a new reason to constantly like AKB group.
    Meru is down, it's sucks, but I'm glad that the number of HKT member who got into senbatsu were increasing. I miss acchan, but glad to see sasshi is there promoting AKB in every show she host, I love to see sasshi no.1 but I really can't wait to see jurina take her throne.
    So in conclusion, if I still feel up and down, sad and happy, I complain and cheering up, then I still feel something for AKB. and that's a good thing for me at least :D

18. emiche.

emiche. Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    I'm definitively loosing interest in 48G. My oshis have graduated or on the leave. Tanochan is the only one mostly and she's practically invisible these days. I'm still following the news and listening to the music and I'll forever be a fan of the early AKB and the peak days. I still listen to the old singles with the same joy. But these days the music is not as good and years after they are still stuck between old gen and new gen. They lost countless of talents due to half assed push.
    But thanks to the 46 groups I'm still here. Keyakizaka46 really blew me away and my interest in them is not ready to stop. Thanks to that I'm starting to follow also Nogizaka more. I really like their music and the members of both groups.

19. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    My interest with both the 48 and the 46 groups has stayed the same as it was when I discovered them. Yes, members I like have left; yes, the music has changed; yes the image and the girls coming to the front has changed and it will continue to do so.

To me, it is in the nature of life for something to change, to grow and develop. To adapt. And I accept that. I know I can't influence what goes on and that my opinion is one of thousands, so I try not to sweat it when something I may not like happens. Due to the nature of the group, there will always be girls for me to be interested in and to follow, and I can still follow most graduates too. There will always be new and interesting styles and sounds for me to listen to and analyse. There is a whole varied back catalogue to keep you occupied if you aren't that impressed with the new stuff.

I still buy singles, merchandise, meet up with friends to talk about the groups, and that hasn't changed in nearly five years; in two months I am going back to Tokyo where I know I will spend time focused on the 48/46 groups, because it's a part of my life now. :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ian905

Ian905 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mizushima Miyuu
    I have lost interest a fair bit.

I have been a fan of the 48 groups since 2010, and I was at the peak of my fandom from like 2011-2013. I will always follow the groups, but their newer music hasn't impressed me much lately (with the exception of Keyakizaka46's first single which I loved). I listen to the older music a lot though.

Pretty much all my faves have graduated. Rena Nozawa is the only one left I really follow.