Have any of you lost interest in 48/46G?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Doodleboy, Dec 8, 2016.

?

Have you lost interest in 48 G?

Poll closed Dec 12, 2016.
  1. Yes, I don't follow them anymore.

9 vote(s)
    8.4%
  2. Somewhat. All of my oshis have graduated, but I still follow the group.

19 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. Not really, but I am losing interest.

34 vote(s)
    31.8%
  4. Of course not, I have just as much interest in the group as I did when I started to follow AKB Group

20 vote(s)
    18.7%
  5. No, I've gained more interest than I ever had before.

25 vote(s)
    23.4%
  1. Mey

Mey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibuyanagisa
    Someday when aki-p creating another group that have a bigger hit than keya, this comparison battle will start again to compare it with keya hit

2. alohano

alohano Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oh absolutely yes. Two members I dislike the most are centering the senbatsu single...so no voting this year. This on top of Kojiharu centering the previous. I can't get myself to watch Tofu Pro Wrestling even though I love Yuihan. She's got to be encountering major challenges.

Where are the current Acchan's and Yuko Oshima's that are simply bigger than the group? I absolutely love the 48group and a great deal of that loyalty is why I am still very interested. I hope Sasshi kills it again this year.

I'm so happy a friend introduced me to Perfume. They are incredible and their talent and ability is simply on another level. But nothing can replace the 48G....for now.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  3. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

I started losing interest after Tomochin left. (And Karen, Sayaka, Hirari, Takamina, Paruru, Kuumin...) I moved to Japan last year but I got busy so I pretty much dropped them for the year. The girls I'm interested in now are all pretty unpopular so I don't check in on them much. I'm essentially following a checklist: go to sousenkyo, see request hour, etc, before I feel like I can leave the fandom with no regrets XD

I also don't care for some of the top members (I just don't care for Nyan in the slightest, nor Sakura and I'm on the fence with Jurina and Yuihan :/) so seeing so many 'meh' or 'nope!' members to on screen at once is a deterrent lol Personally, if girls were given brand new stages and their own songs (as in, their own songs - not 'oh senbatsu member x isn't here so i'm replacing her' no, give the theatre girls the theatre, senbatsu have pretty much every other privelege available. it wouldn't hurt for them to be the backdancer/not centre on occasion) I think they could build more of their own story. As it is, they're constantly 'filling shoes' and singing songs made for girls who left five years ago. These songs aren't their songs. They need their own legacy to leave until a new legacy can be built. I'd be interested if we actually got new stages - AkiP needs to either release less singles or just hire someone. Not like AKBank doesn't have some cash behind it lmao

In saying that, since I live in Ehime, STU is peaking my interest. Also, I'll ALWAYS follow Momoka and Priority has me hype af. Heading to a 2 shot in May so maybe I'll get sucked back into the cycle haha

4. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

Aww reading your opinion on this is so valuable to me Miss @MidoriHime ! I've always respected you a lot back when I lurked here cause you were THAT tomochin stan <3

5. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

Oh wow, thank you @parukii , that means a lot! My love for Tomo will never die lol

@CrssA , I agree that Aki-P doesn't want to make a legacy for new girls. If he/management did, they would have done it already. But I think less new gens would leave if they had something that was theres, instead of constant hand me downs.

But as long as management thinks nothing is broken and the girls don't complain, nothing will change. Wotas will keep buying due to gimmicks and ties to members regardless of quality. Whatever you want to say about management or Aki-P, they've made an excellent business system.

6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Thing is you'd have the girls happier and staying longer if they had something "new" to do.

Giving new stages to the teams would tell the girls that they are not subbing for Acchan, Yuko, Tomochin, etc. It would mean they have something on their own, created for them.

I'm not talking from the pov of a fan, but thinking about the girls' morale as well.

Of course there will be girls waiting to join all the time, but look at Cuca (now in STU).
    What's the difference between her doing covers in her living room and her doing covers in a (floating) theatre? Sure, people will clap, but after a while...

7. jason.copeland23

jason.copeland23 Kenkyuusei

Absolutely right!

You would be crazy with them at first. For maybe 6 months , you would start to lose your interest about the things you are following if that things doesn't have a new way or new thing that keep you interested.

It's perfectly right with an artist , or idol group you like. Let me tell you about my story

At first , I love AKB48 like crazy . I stayed up for very late 'till midnight to watch their shows . Yup! it was very interesting to me. But now, i don't care about AKB48 show , AKBINGO that much. I skip all . I also followed their sister groups. If there was an announcement about new song, new single. I would wait for them and expected them to be good.

So ..What makes me lose interest to AKB or any 48 Groups : Mainly because of their songs lately doesn't keep me interested. Their song sounds not good enough for me, some of them sounds terrible to be honest . Then, seem like some of them (i won't tell their names) is not working enough. They are bad at vocals and not really hard working at dancing movement => It makes their performance looks boring . Maybe that i expect a lot and I receive not what i want.Or i start to notice some Jpop groups that can blow a brand new wind to me (of course, they are good at singing, and their songs sound okay to me. And yeah! I haven't bored with them , cause they are really good to me, they fits me (it's The World Standard idol group if you wanna know) ). I lost my interest with NMB48 at first, then SKE48 ,... and i also don't pay much attention to new groups like NGT48. I say that i quit but i will listen to their new song if i have times. At the beginning days of becoming 48 group fan, i would listen to their song instantly when their song are leaked online!!!!

i think Okada Nana is the only thing that i stay with AKB. If she quitted AKB,i think that i wouldn't follow them anymore.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

8. Megumibex

Megumibex Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    I feel like with so much going on with so many groups and so many girls, it's natural for your interest to fade every so often. If you're continuously running at 100%, it's gonna get exhausting and you'll need a break.

9. Takaminas

Takaminas Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Minami
    A big problem to me is the lack of good songs recently, like I understand they want to 'experiment' with different genres but with many old, loyal fans losing interest, it might be easier to release a song like the classics.
    48G is really in a position where they need a shuffle and trainee promotions fast. Nothing keeps fans interested like a team with 12 members in(!)

10. sillybob

sillybob Kenkyuusei

The lack of any new stages is making me lose interest with 48G.
    Team E still hasn't got an original stage after 6 years.

11. momo

momo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagahama Neru
    Yeah. While I still check news when I can, but I'm planning to sell my AKB stuff. The songs aren't good anymore and the senbatsu turns out to be pointless everytime. I don't want to wish for things that will never happen anymore.

12. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've only been a fan of 48G for a little over 2 years so for me there's still a sense of novelty. However I do wonder if it's the earlier music which seems to be maintaining my interest. For example I can listen again and again to almost all the singles up until and including Beginner, but after then a kind of staleness seems to creep in and there are only a handful of singles I like after that such as UZA.

I do love the early 'freshness' of AKB48 and I'm seeing that same kind of thing today with Keyakizaka46. My interest in them is steadily growing and I'm loving their music. For me Futari Saison is the one of the best singles I've heard from any Japanese idol group in the past couple of years and Fukyouwaon is the 'UZA 2.0' I've been wanting AKB48 to release.

In contrast my interest in Nogizaka46 seems to have fallen off a cliff. That's not been helped by the graduation of Nanamin who was my favourite member of the group and now all my favourite girls are in the Under Members with seemingly no hope of them making senbatsu. Also, when I first discovered the group they'd just released Inochi wa Utsukushii which became my favourite Nogi single but nothing they've released since then has come anywhere near it IMO.

Will my interest continue in 48G? For now I think it will but I do wonder how much of it is because I find the current members interesting rather than because of the quality of the music. Hopefully the newer-gen girls who I like will continue to rise (e.g. Mirurun, Megu, Ryoha, Seichan, Jiina) but whether they'll eventually become as good as Mayuyu, Yukirin, Sasshi, Jurina, Sayanee etc I just don't know.

13. KNS48

KNS48 Kenkyuusei

I've gradually turned into a Sakamichi fan rather than a 48 fan but I still like a lot of members in the 48 groups, however, I don't like the SG overcrowdings in AKB.

14. Frah

Frah Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    akariudon48
    I've been a fan for 6 years and managed to lose and gain back interest in the 48 groups twice already! Thanks to STU, now, I don't think I'll leave anytime soon. I'm genuinely becoming a fan of the whole group, and 3 and a half years after Sayaka graduated I've finally 'met' another idol I can call my kami. I'm really excited about this group but I'm also looking forward to seeing more and more from AKB jisedai as well as the other sister groups

15. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    I'm not sure if I'm going away from 48/46 fandom yet because of the Sakamichi (46) groups... The 48 groups may be in decline, but Sakamichi says otherwise, especially Keyakizaka46...

16. paruchory

paruchory Kenkyuusei

"Yes, I don't follow them anymore. 9 votes"
    If people take time to read this forum and even posting and/or voting, I feel like they still follow.

(example: I don't follow k-pop idols: that's means I don't go to k-pop websites or forum or concerts or I skip oriented news)

17. seiryu

seiryu Kenkyuusei

I still follow a few girls but I no longer follow any groups (48 or 46). I think most idol groups have very unclear/questionable management standard and I don't recommend any women dear to me joining these groups. Accordingly, I will considering buying my girls' photobooks/singles but I have zero intention of participating in ssk or buying singles for handshake tickets.

18. vi1123

vi1123 Kenkyuusei

Not completely. I still check for the info, but most of the time I'm just listening to old songs and watching old akbingo episodes. (I can't move on) I love the early gen, I really can't follow the newer gens, how much I tried! Was interested in tentoumuchu trio but losing it after a while.

19. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    STU is the new gospel eh. I never thought I would like STU this much either, it's like a 3rd revival for me in the interest of 48G too.

20. Slimestack

Slimestack Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Yeah pretty much. None of their recent singles have interested me at all and I've even skipped buying the last few aside from keyakizaka's. I've got no real interest in watching the same stages another 1000 times either. I still like HKT's concerts but I realized that I still haven't watched 75% of the discs on the super expensive concert DVDs I always end up buying. My Japanese really isn't good enough to watch shows without at least the Japanese subtitles either and the HKT subbing scene which really helped me get into the groups when I first joined has been dead for a while.
    I spend much more time just lurking sites like this instead of actually watching AKB content which is kind of weird. Though I do like listening to songs when I walk to work.