1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Hayashi Runa (Runapi) / 4th Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Members' started by eternalord, Feb 17, 2020.

1. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

I still like Rika better. That's what I also thought initially but I just feel the tide could be slowly heading towards Runa. Between the two I think Rika needs an extra boost, Runa in comparison imo is ready for it.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    And she will be with Miyu on BLT
    If I'm gonna connect that post above about that scar, whatever the story behind it with the way she responds at Nogichu, as Shitara said a rebellious type. She might be carrying some weight inside her so I think it's a cover like maybe finding a way to overcome it. Even during the Sakamichi SR, they're all smiles at the same time shy especially Rika, but Runa is different. You can see something in her eyes, the way it moves, her gesture and of course her motto as explained above. That's why I think she's the most determined among the five. I might be looking too deep into it [hehe]

Anyway, it's too early to say. It could even be any of the other 3. Just my gut feeling at the moment. I just wish they start off as a unit (on their first single) before joining the rest of 4th gen.

2. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Remember that she's a second choice for management, so at the moment she is behind members like Shibata Yuna or Seimiya Rei, for example, for a senbatsu position. So it will get time, showing qualities and support by fans to have a chance to become one of the top 4th gen members as much as Endo, Kaki and Ayame.

3. Novakayne

Novakayne Member

I do wonder what it was that she was lacking for her not to be selected for the 1st batch of 4th gens??? It obvious they were all lacking something that caused them to be left behind but Runa seems like she is more ready than the other 4 at this point, there's a bit more confidence and composure at least when it comes to variety and TV. She talked as if she was a veteran during her segment and easily plucked Miona out of the crowd to be Shitara's victim. Most new girls wouldn't be able to do that so effortlessly especially when it involves a senpai

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    I don't think they're second choice or lacking. First of all, they're selected from thousands of girls. That says something.

I also think management wants to spread out their potential aces.

• Like Like x 3
  5. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

While start them as a unit is a good idea, but imo separate them with the rest of 4th gen more longer isn't good for their relationship. So for me, if they decide to give another generational song for 4th gen these girls should be a part of it. Or in the worst case, start them as a unit and integrated the rest of 4th gen as Under girls.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

I feel like they had bigger plans for the Kenshuusei but they just never materialized for whatever reason. Like I have a vague memory that when the Kenshuusei were announced that they would have their own blogs, own programs, own performances, own showrooms, etc. They ended getting maybe one small live show? And that's it. So maybe some high quality girls like Hayashi Runa, Oozono Rei, etc. were held back to be the Kenshuusei aces, not because they were "lesser" than Nogi 4ki, Keya 2ki, Hinata 3ki.

IMO Nogizaka Doke e should have been Kenshuusei Doke e. It would have been the perfect format to introduce the girls and let fans get to know them. And 4ki should have gotten another season of NOGIBINGO. But maybe the cancellation of the BINGO shows messed with those plans.

Another thing to think about is that the Kenshuusei have been training for the past year, probably have also been practicing how to handle themselves in variety. Runa may not have been as appealing if she had debuted a year ago.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Yeah the ones who I think could be more upset about this 'shin 4ki" are the 'original' 4ki", especially the ones who aren't still permanent senbatsu members like Endo amd Kaki. I think they should integrate the gen together asap after the covid mess.

I'm ok with a rivalry inside the group too as long as it doesn't become "bullying". Now Nogi is in a place where everyone is kind and supporting each other which is fine but to spice up things, become stronger and create something special it hasn't always to be like that. Remember that 1st gen at its start wasn't that unite. There were rivalry cause of senbatsu positions and just after that and having known each other's pain, and break up the boundaries they became united. And it was REAL. So that's what new gens are missing nowadays.

8. NyanNyan's Pet

I didn't explain it properly but that's what I actually meant. I expect the rest of 4th gen to be part of UG while the likes of Saku and Kaki in Senbatsu. So for example next single, I think there won't be a generational song. It will be a big opportunity for them to be a unit. But for a next generational song they should definitely be part of it. I doubt they'll be UG, so give them something first.

I know it's really too early to talk about potentials. There must be a reason why they came in late. That doesn't necessarily mean the new girls are behind or 2nd choice 4th gens. Sakura have overtaken many seniors. What's stopping management from doing the same thing with this group of five?

I'm actually not talking about Senbatsu on my comment above. Just about 4th gen. But since it's mentioned, I'm gonna prepare for another airdrop.
    Really? I think these two are in the best position right now. The ones that would probably worry for example are Yanchan, Yakubo and Yuri.

9. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Yeah that's what I said, maybe I explained it bad. The ones who could be more upset about the "shin 4ki introductions" are 4th gen members who still didn't have chances and aren't still on the top tier of the group like Endo and Kaki (so for example Kanagawa, Hayakawa, Kakehashi etc.) so they now have more rivals to try to become relevant and popular on the group and fandom.

10. NyanNyan's Pet

^ No, it was me. I got it wrong.
    Anyway, these 5 girls gonna shake things up starting with their own generation. Then with the rest of the group.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Honestly i dont think they are a 2nd choice, specially for Nogi. When the first batch came in, i believe total members is around 35 or so (technically it's around 40 but Naachan, Waka, Kawago, and Noujo already announced their graduation). So with additional 11 (actually 12), it'll be near 46. But management just can't let the rest of the girls gone, so they put them as kenshushei. I'm pretty sure Nogi mngmt always want to keep it near 46 at max.

12. Novakayne

Novakayne Member

Yeah, but what criteria did they use to decide who debuts 1st and who goes 2nd. I highly doubt they just chose names out of a hat and nobody would volunteer to be overlooked and left behind initially among generation mates. So their must've been something management used to decide who gets to debut when. If it wasn't based on talent level, confidence, or marketability at the time of the original 4th gen debut then I cant imagine what else could be used to make that decision. Don't get me wrong, I like the new and original 4th gen members, I'm just curious about the process of selection

13. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Maybe who was ready at the time. If they are lacking something like talent, i don't think mngmt will hold them for more than a year.

14. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    @Novakayne It could be the things you mentioned. It could be that management want to spread their favorites strategically. It could be many other things. As long as we don't know, we shouldn't assume they're anything less than the original 4th gen members.

15. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    I think if management were debuting all of them, it would be difficult for fan to recognize and pick their favorite. Plus, it also is difficult to promote that many girls. It seems that 12 is the maximum number. That is one of theories I can think of.

However, one of the new Hinatazaka members, Yamaguchi Haruyo, wrote interesting info in her blog post. She said that she was in trainee period, because she was terrible in dancing. I don't know if I read it correctly. But, it seems that members skill is also important here.

16. exmaknae

exmaknae Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Maiyan, Kakki, Juri
    Gonna keep my eyes on Hayashi Runa.
    This girl is really interesting and kinda has mysterious vibe.
    Whatever happened to her in the past, I hope she always be happy in Nogi. :blush:

17. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Of course if they haven't been picked first is because the lacked on something so I believe these girls are really 2nd choice, but maybe now after the trainee are more potential than others.

And about the "it is difficult to promote many girls", I've always been a supporter of "few but top girls on Nogizaka, no filler members". When you'll add too many girls, no way they can all shine and no way the can all be top members. And you alienate the general public too, cause when they see most of them, they would think "who tf are these girls? Can't recognize Nogizaka anymore". That's how AKB started its decline.

I got a positive vibe from Runa and other new 4ki, the only "meh" to me was the one who gives compliments, Rika... but it's thanks to Bananaman too (especially Shitara) who worked hard to find something to remember about all new girls on the show. That's why I love them. You can see the difference between Nogichuu and other shows to how presented the new girls. Bananaman does it better.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  18. ryuu15

ryuu15 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    this girl just like robot , emotionsless and fast talking kwkwk interesting ... so funny too

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. reenesaurus

reenesaurus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    teradaranze
    • Like Like x 2
  20. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    I don't dislike her but she still strikes me as belonging more in Keyaki than Nogi, partly her looks but mostly that there's just no spark to her. There's definitely something just off with her, and some people will find that appealing and be all "Ooh, she's mysterious!" . . . but that's not Nogizaka46, that's Keyakizaka.

Like, look at her when she smiles - the smile starts and ends at her mouth, her eyes are just. . . empty.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2