1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Higashimura Mei (MeiMei) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Hinatazaka46 Members' started by ForrestFuller, May 11, 2016.

1. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

A new blog post from Mei about a twintails mini-festival she and Memi and Manafi had together. I think those three -- the out-of-town members -- have returned to Tokyo for weekend training. Lots of photos.

2. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

3. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

No sure where to put this, since several members are involved, but here is a blog post featuring some photos from the weekend handshake event, several of Meimei, but also Kumi, Shiho, Sugai and Mona. Here's the main one:

f3e77a3b83faabf25ff9255d71775-01.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blitzius

Blitzius Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    she looks attacked. like.. nanako level "attacked"

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

5. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

• Like Like x 1
  6. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  7. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

She's really impossibly cute. Here's part of last week's Keyakake where she and Kumi and Kyonko are getting Sawabe's partner to tell them about him in their home town of Haraichi (which became their comedy team's name, too). Meimei finds him so hilarious that she can hardly stand up, especially when he said that Sawabe worked in a particular store. "For how long?" "One day."
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

• Like Like x 1
  10. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Mei says in her blog that this is the first time in ten years she has had short hair. She cut a foot (30cm) of hair off. She says it feels funny, but that washing and drying it is now a pleasure.

e37b7efa0b25528429a73c6da0af8-02.jpg

There was a period last year when Kanji members who were not getting the advancement they hoped for -- Miyu, etc. -- tried changing their hairstyles. Maybe we will see a run of this in Hiragana now. I think management may have settled (for now) on a Hiragana front row of Neru-Katoshi-Kyonko-Kumi-Sarina-Takemoto (or one less).

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  11. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    I don't see Memi, Manafi and Mirei there i can't approve that front row.

12. KumosoueMii

KumosoueMii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    As long as Kyonko's in front, imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Blitzius

Blitzius Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    well shit, looks like my mind control ray to yonesan must have hit mei instead.
    in any case, i am dead. again.

14. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

The KeyaBINGO dance marathon proved that MeiMei has the best stamina of all the members. She went for 60 minutes hardly breaking a sweat, with almost the same smile she began with. Almost everyone else was panting, sweating, and breaking down in tears. MeiMei said she won the marathon in elementary school five years in a row.

57min left - 18 min left - 2 min left:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

It was ludicrous, when I looked for this thread, to find it second-last, before only Harada Mayu. Sure, she's quiet. But wow is she cute. Maybe we have a serious crowd here, lol.

16. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Higashimura Mei
    The Keyaki members are so well "pushed" information wise within the fan community (compared to 48, where there can be some members some will have never heard of) that I almost wish that there could be some sort of bot that could at least post news about the members lol.

But then again, these are only threads on an international idol forum, which don't represent whether the members are "neglected" or not, nor does it accurately show popularity.

17. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

photo of Mei-chan (eating ice cream and Kaarage)
    [​IMG]
    source

from Nogizaka46 drama -Hatsumori Bemars
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    source

2shot with Miipan
    [​IMG]

FujiQ
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

There are the equivalent of bots for Japanese fans (matome sites and some twitter accounts), but not English, since most of the news has to be translated.

I was more struck by how little attention we here are paying to such a cute member. The Japanese situation appears to be not quite so slow -- in handshake, 2channel posts and Twitter mentions she's slightly below median among Hiraganas, I believe. But I think her popularity is rising, both in Japan and outside. Kumi's photos of herself with Mei, and Memi's complaint that Kumi is paying too much attention to Mei and too little to her, may both be part of a campaign to get Mei better known. I want to see Mei showing more things like her rifle-tossing and cartwheels.

It was striking in this week's KeyaBINGO that Meimei seemed to be the member with the most stamina. She looked almost the same after 60 minutes of dancing as she did after three. Lots of others broke down in tears and perspiration several times and forced themselves to keep on, but Meimei just kept going, apparently untroubled. She said on the show that in elementary school she came first in the marathon five years in a row.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  19. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

watched the 2nd episode of Bingo3, i think MeiMei is a tank and she got plenty of gas left from her marathon days:worthy::worthy::worthy:#TooStronk

20. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017