Hirate Yurina (Techi) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. eve666

eve666 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu

Is there any translated version?

Update
    ***i found it!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  2. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

11-21-2017 SOL

if the video does not show watch the video here

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    source

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  3. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

11-22-2017 SOL

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    source

4. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

11-23-2017 SOL

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

fanart

[​IMG]
    source

photos from photo club

this photo from Okinawa by an 18 years old guy
    [​IMG]
    from Iwate by 17 years old girl - Mu-pi chan
    [​IMG]
    from Tokyo by 16 years old girl - Tamanegi-chan

[​IMG]
    from Kanagawa by 18 years old girl - Cha ran-chan

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  5. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

On Girls Locks radio this week, a 16-year-old said he listened to music while he studied, and asked if Techi did. She enthusiastically said she did, but nothing with words: she listens to off-vocal versions of songs, and even to quite a bit of classical music.

I hope she keeps listening to some classical music. It will improve her feeling for all kinds of music, I think.

A girl 18 said she was in the basketball club like Techi, and had similar short hair. She said people liked it, and either said it was cute or that it was cool. Which would Techi prefer to hear: cute or cool? Neither, said Techi. She had no interest in that. But she would have to give a longer answer, she said. Techi has said that she is not aiming for popularity even on stage, just trying to convey each song well.

A guy 17 said it took him 20 minutes to fix his hair in the morning, but said he liked Techi's current hairstyle and wondered how long it took her to get ready. She answered that when she woke up, she put on a cap, to help her get over her tendency to sleep in. She kept it on until she left home, then just took it off and walked out the door. She said that when Fuu-chan was sleeping over in her room, she was surprised by the cap, and Techi explained it.

source

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I watched one of my favorite KeyaKake shows last night: the show from 2016-12-04 where they gave a surprise first-ever performance of Futari Saison at a high school, and the emotional reaction of the students was so affecting. I was struck by how bright and strong Techi seemed. And also by how she was the person standing there telling the group how to arrange themselves. For one thing, I think Techi was happier when she was clearly in charge, and there was no captain. She said early on that she didn't think having a captain was a good ides, since it meant placing the responsibility on one person instead of sharing it. But I suspect she liked to be in charge, too.

Something happened during the period of Futari Saison that made her darker, it feels to me. One thing that supposedly happened just before the release was that some boys invaded their dorm, and they were moved away to a less familiar residence, taking Techi away from a local school she had made friends in. (Have to consider it rumour, but it is widely believed.) I do think Techi's bond with the fans was weakened by something, even before the flare-and-knife guy at the handshake event, and that this is one factor in her repeated absence from handshake. In all her interviews, she emphasizes her intense desire to convey the meaning of each song as well as possible, and now says she is not aiming for popularity, but just trying to convey the story in the lyrics as well as possible.

On the other hand, hints in various interviews with members make me think that there has been resentment against Techi, at least for refusing to perform or performing half-heartedly sometimes last summer. And she may still be trying to tell the others what to do, lol. They may think -- as I might -- that she is getting fixated on minor matters that don't actually affect the way the song is received.

7. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

@ukifune i wish they will make a Keyakizak46 documentary and did a feature of Techi's story. we dont know what really trigger the change of heart but Techi wasnt the same person from 2016. she did well bounced back in the 5th single after struggling in the summer tour event. i wonder what will happen if some1 else take the center position in the upcoming single? i guess will find out next year:?:

8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Aki-P once again compares Hirate with Yamaguchi Momoe, saying that they both have that star quality that leads people to read too much into every little thing they do. I've translated the little bit of an interview in which he talks about this.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I certainly have a tendency to read as much as possible into what she does or says. I'll be more careful, but I won't stop, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    I think it is simply due to Techi feeling the stress of growing up as a teenager, having to juggle both school and work. Back in early 2016, there was less work for the Keyakis as they were less well known then. But now, it seems they are more or less on par with the earlier 48 sister groups, having gained so much popularity over the couple of years or so. The novelty effect of first joining the new group seems to be fading and the idol showbiz career seems to be in full swing. She looks more exhausted rather than depressed as some of you may think.

10. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    I've said this before with Techi when she gets tired she has a very obvious tell, the bags under her eyes become very prominent.

11. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Two videos of Techi and Memi. Not new, since the stills have been around for months, but I've never seen the videos. For the first, the Japanese tweet said Memi looked cute just listening to Techi, nodding and saying "yes." She made a lot of different expressions through the few seconds of that clip. Then in the other, Memi must have said or done something funny, since Techi cracks up and pushes her shoulder.

https://twitter.com/SSMK0813/status/936013126947893248/photo/1
    https://twitter.com/SSMK0813/status/936013784417689600/photo/1

I'm not sure there is really anything to this "pairing," even from Memi's side, and it's clear she really, really likes Techi. But it's fun to see them together, enjoying each other.

@Torigoya-San and @Meiji Ishin -- I hope you're right, and I'll work at seeing it that way. But what Hirate and other members say seems to suggest it's more complicated than just tiredness. Like I say, I'll try to see it in a gentler light. Maybe Hirate didn't realize her feelings stemmed from exhaustion. For sure, the main thing is the struggle of growing up, and in this strange, high pressure world she has entered.

12. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    I'm not saying that the Techi-tude is only related to her being tired, I'm saying the bags under her eyes become very prominent when she is tired so it's easy to spot when that is an issue for her.

13. Hitagi

Hitagi Kenkyuusei

2017 is a pivotal year for Techi's career that's for sure, specifically on her perception of the idol industry and the fandom as a whole.

14. diki

diki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitagawaryoha
    @ukifune
    you are fluent at japanese, you have tons of material that's make you far more suitable to predict/guess/analyse what's happen with techi.

but for me.. she is not kid anymore, it's not fair to judge what she've done by "it's ok, still 14 years old - it's amazing, she only junior high ".

no matter how goddess she looks like for many people including akimoto p himself.

the worst performer is when they allow what's happen behind the stage make impact on actual stage and customer can feel it.

that's the bigest point.
    you keep your tears at home and smile to your customer (1st rule about performer)

and then all the side things
    - doesn't smile at event you should laugh out loud (ito asako)
    - update her blog once for 4 months

ase ippai gambarimasu she used to said.
    not for what i saw..

i am sorry for my words.
    i just can't believe how unprofesional person she's become lately.

but then what do i know..
    actually please help me,
    i've been watching 48/46 for 6 years..
    please tell me any 48/46 member that since they have personal problem, they didn't perform wholeheartedly.
    i do search for it. even the salty queen paruru still know how to perform well when she didn't like idol world at all.

just now i found this kind of member.. i am shaking head while writting,
    seriously please teach me..

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    first off, thank you for your honest feelings.

As a matter of fact, there has been difference in performance value from time to time. I have been in japan to witness it. We were used to see great performance until futari season, so it's true it's easier to notice a change.

I have to disagree with the "unprofessional" aspect of her. In that regard, i believe she always put a lot of stress to live up expectation. She's very serious conveying the soul of the song each time she performs. The change is mainly because of health, as being the center she exhaust herself more quickly than others. Sometime you don't want to disappoint, you go beyond your current body allows. I think this is what happened to her this summer. Maybe you noticed that when the schedule got reduced, her performance got smoother in kaze ni fukaretemo (well, compared to abunashii keikaku).

Also about not laughing. I think it's part of her. Some are very genki, like akanen, cool like Manaka, and hirate is charismatically silent and shy. I don't think there's a "way to be idol". Idol can be many things, and probably people will tell if Techi is out of character. But i do agree that feeling down for so long makes people worried. I don't think she's doing on purpose. her mood change according to what happen to her. My point is; if you're feeling genki, don't be afraid to show it! We also like this part of you.

Actually i'm ok with no blog update. It makes her voice much rarer and valuable. Comparing a daily update like Nagasawa naako about the meal she's ate (no offense intended) and once a year 44 page of techi about her true feeling. I won't hesitate a second. Being silent cultivate her charismatic character. Hard to reach, secretive. It makes her complex and fascinating imo.

it's important to see Techi for who she is, and not for who we want her to be. But as you said, it's also important to adress some issues too, and not be blinded by our subjectivity. It's true her performance went down a bit, and i'm glad members were there to support her when she was confused about how to deal with it.

Future will tell how she will go back on her feet. Probably letting someone else be center would be an opportunity to find new places. What i'm sure is, she's always growing.

It's never easy to find our path.

• Like Like x 2
  16. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Techi is the center for 5 singles and i want to read her blog update about various events/concerts. But since she rarely update her blog, its hard to know whats going on in her mind. If any1 listened to her radio show, she is like a complete different person than what we saw on Keyakake. She is more relax in radio show.:) anyway, Techi got rooms for improvement and let's see what 2018 will be.

from Model Press

[​IMG] [​IMG]

https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/1731563

fanart of Techi

[​IMG]

source

17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@diki -- Yes, she's different, all right. But for me, her performing, when she's really doing it, makes up for everything. Keyaki songs are like little dramas, and she conveys the drama with amazing intensity. I don't know other groups well enough to really make the comparison, but I've seen nothing like it in the idol world myself. And as Aki-P has said, she has a certain magic that makes you read things into her, and that is connected to the star quality that some entertainers just have.

As far as what I've read from her is concerned, her problems come from her desire to properly convey a song. She gets right into the character she's singing and finds different ways of getting the song across each time. Sometimes last summer, she just didn't feel she could convey the song, is what she's said. Exhaustion has to be part of it, but I'm taking her at her word that her uncertainty how to convey the song was what stopped her. After that had happened a few times, she turned to the other members and asked for help. Their help, and the good feelings her request engendered, made things better. The other members tend to skirt around this question, so I can't be sure, but I think some of them were quite angry with her -- which makes perfect sense, since she was endangering their livelihoods.

Very early on, in spring of last year, Techi said she was aiming to be an artist, which she seemed to think of as higher than an idol. Not sure where that came from, but Takahiro is obviously important in creating the way Keyaki performs, and he is an artist. Personally, I agree that a real artist is higher than an idol. So many idols sing out of tune, but it doesn't seem to diminish the amount of enjoyment the idol audience (as opposed to me) gets from them. I'm not convinced Techi really is a good enough singer to be that "artist," but she sure is a good enough dancer and conveyer of emotion.

Now if Techi is an artist, those rules of good behaviour for idols don't apply. She does not think of herself as someone doing a job, but as an artist trying to convey a story. If the inspiration isn't there, she can't do it. Seriously inconvenient, but I can't help honoring the seriousness of the ambition. Unlike @gocchisama, "unprofessional" is a word that does occur to me. But I don't care. Art is higher than professionalism.

But I admit I can't be totally objective talking about Techi. I've been bewitched. I am overwhelmed by her power, and when I think about her I tend to identify with her and wonder how she feels. I'm not looking for things to criticize. There's no entertainment in that, for me. As for smiling, I find idol smiles seriously overrated. I want smiles to come naturally, not be part of the performance.

I do have to correct one thing you said: I'm not fluent in Japanese. I can read it fairly well, but hearing, and especially speaking, are another matter.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  18. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Techi papercraft !!!!

[​IMG]

source

19. Hunter

Hunter Kenkyuusei

I feel like there is time Techi bounced back while she start smiling and joking in start of KazeFuka but something gone wrong now... Even with such lively song like this she still going dark and not really conveying or enjoying the songs... Wonder what problem that she facing right now? And this period Zumiko is missing again too

20. leocgomes

leocgomes Member Stage48 Donor

Sometimes I think Techi is just being a regular teenager, with all the ups and downs in the mood.

Enviado de meu Moto X Play usando Tapatalk