Hirate Yurina (Techi) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Since Mon is one of my favorites I was a bit annoyed seeing Pon center Silent Majority (Mon has always centered Saimajo when Techi isn't here) but someone mentioned that Mon might still be sick so I get it. I wasn't a fan since I'm not a fan of Pon as a performer but I get why people liked it. I always thought Silent Majority is the ultimate Techi center song (along with Fukyouwaon) that performances where she isn't the center aren't that great to me (same with Yuuka's version of Fukyouwaon).

I wonder if she's alright and if the problem is still in her joints. I think the 9th single will come soon (I'm guessing management is waiting for Hinata's single to be released for an official announcement) and I wonder if she'll be able to handle Keyaki Republic + tour.

• Like Like x 3
  2. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    I wonder if its a combination of this pressure and the "ganbarimas" attitude of Japanese in general that cause health problems for idols like Techi? There have been numerous instances of idols succumbing to health problems.

YuiPon kind of reminds me of Atsuko Maeda, in that she is that girl next door type that has to be pushed constantly to shine. Just my two cents.

Snce I'm new here at the forums I still am kind of surprised that Techi praise posts are limited to her thread, and I don't get antis of Techi or any other Keyaki member still. You claim to like Keyakizaka but hate Techi who brings it all together? Come on, bruh.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Nealy07

Nealy07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Techi's aura is irreplaceable. It's not something you can train, you have it or not.
    Other members can be more talented, better singer or better dancer, they will never have Techi's aura, its a fact.

In my opinion she will always be the center because it is what Keyaki is. If one day she is not the center anymore it would be because she decide it or due to her health.

This is my main concern about the anti-Techi fans too. I never understand how you can be a fan of Keyaki and hate Techi. Because she is basically everywhere in MV's or songs with most of the lyrics.
    I don't ask every Keyaki fan to be Techi oshi but she has to be a reason why you fell in love with Keyaki in the 1st place. Even if she's not the main reason, it's impossible that she isn't responsible, even a little, for fans to fell in love with Keyaki.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

Not only in this forum but also in other Japanese sites, antis of Techi and some fans of other girls will easily accuse you of being Hirate Believer if you praise her in normal threads. I think because Techi fans usually stick her image with "Special/Unique/Artistic" word (but she is truthly a special / one of a kind / artist-minded idol) but to them, Techi is similar to other idols, she has to do works like other idols, act the same attitude like other idols, ect .... and her perform ability is also like other idols, just her fans who overrate Techi. For the overrate part, I somehow can understand them lol In my opinion, Techi like a pure novel. Once you read and feel it, you cant help but want to countinously read it, praise this masterpiece. But once you cant understand its words, it becomes totally boring. This is Techi attraction and also her weakness - extraordinary

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    I thought it was funny how a couple of days ago we were discussing how people love to shade Techi out of the blue and then after that in the Kakizaki Memi there was a spat between someone who's a Techi fan (but also a Memi fan) and a Nogizaka fan who doesn't like Techi. The Techi/Memi fan snapped at the Nogi fan for something and the Nogi fan immediately jumped at shading Techi fans. It's hilarious.

The way I see it regular idol fans don't like Techi bc: 1) they think she's overrated, 2) they don't like how much praise she gets, whether it's from her own fans or from media in general and 3) they don't like her attitude which is very much against what usual idols are (no fan service whatsoever, no blog, no mobame, no variety and yet she's still very popular). And yet they can't keep her name out of their mouths. Hilarious.

6. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Ups... :whistle:
    That was me and it may surprise you but it's something that goes on since I started following Keyaki here... 2 years ago.
    If I have 1 euro for every time he said he wouldn't post around here anymore I may not be rich, but surely I would have the money to buy a copy more than usual of the next single [hehe]
    I'm truly happy this thread is becoming a "safe space" as much as possible for Techi Oshi, especially new ones; talking about your love for an idol trying to be supercareful about not pissing off everyone else in the process is quite frustrating.

This said, I find the posts so far very interesting, a lot of good points were made about Techi and the group...
    After Memi announced her graduation (something I would never ever expected) it hit me hard that grad is something that could happen out of the blue like that, so I understand mngmnt trying new centers during pre summer tour even if Techi is still around and healthy. But Techi is not completely healthy and last time, if I'm not wrong, it was reported a somehow serious problem that could limit her performances. So, better be safe than sorry.

Since some single ago I hoped mngmnt would make her rest, but instead of taking the center position from her, they took a path no one expected, leaving her as official center, but making other members cover for her in shows/lives...
    I think this made antis and not-exactly-antis resent her even more, even if I approve this strategy.
    On the other hand, Techi is a perfectionist and I think she loves Keyaki Republic more than any other performance so I expect her to do her best and make us fall for her even more this summer.

She has never been "the best" of keyaki in term of singing/dancing/variety/personality skills and she never had any problem to admit it; we had at least 1 member for each skill who had always been better than her; but the quality Techi has when she walks on a stage or when she is part of a MV or movie or CM is out of the chart. Like many people less biased and more famous than me said, she has an Aura you can't ignore.
    And she is learning by professional people around her, so, in my humble and hopeful opinion, she has everything to reach goals we can't even imagine.

Let's do our best to support her even more, no matter her place in keyaki "senbatsu" and no matter what antis may say.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. cotd

cotd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I would like to note that even though Techi is not the best, she is amongst the top of the chart when it comes to singing and dancing. There are few members who are better than her in those category, but I think it doesn't change the fact that she's good at both of them.

It's like she's an all rounder.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    As a Techi oshi, of course I'll forever prefer Techi's version of the majority of songs (and all Keyaki songs tbh) but I acknowledge Pon's hard work. You can clearly see she constantly tries her best along with other members and I'm thankful about that. As much as I'm conflicted about the center-change, it's unavoidable so I'm trying to warm up with different versions of Keyaki performances. That being said, Techi already made a name for herself as the iconic center of Keyaki. For the 9th single, I think the best position for Techi is either W-center or 2nd row center. Or else the formation will become unbalance imo. At this point I'm 90% certain that Pon is the next center and I hope mmg will give her a suitable song.

The entertainment world is harsh everywhere but especially in Japan and Korea where the public has a very "set" standard for idols so anything outside of the standard is prone to harsh criticism, even to the point of hating. Personally, I don't see the similarities between Acchan and Pon. As strange as it sounds, I feel like Acchan balance out the formation every time. She is the true embodiment of AKB concept - watching a regular girl tries her best and then succeed into a superstar. That doesn't apply to Keyaki concept or Pon. Pon is definitely talented, just that she doesn't have that "thing" to create argument around her. Rather, I would compare Acchan to Techi. Both stays very true to their group's concept, able to generate massive attention and are very polar (people either love them or hate them, very few in between).

However, I'm not fond of comparing idols, especially when people start to use the phrase "the next ABC" or "the second XYZ". That applies to Techi and every other idols. There have been conversations about how Karin resembles Techi (especially in that Saimajo performance) and I don't like it. Every idol is unique to their fans I guess.

This very much. Since debut she has given very little fanservice and now it's almost non-existence. A lot of people are annoyed by this. I have seen comments on how other members must work so hard and Techi has the privilege to skip everything, yet Techi is still the center of Keyaki. However, whatever Techi misses, she makes up through her performances/ideas and that should be more than enough. Techi prioritizes Keyaki and works hard everyday to make the group better.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Nealy07

Nealy07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I have to agree that her total absence of fan service is a bit bothersome to me. I can understand why she doesn't participate in HS with what happenned in the past but she could at least write her blog.
    Even if it's just a little, if she could give some news or share her feelings regarding different things or Keyaki activities it would be a lot better. It would take her just few minutes to update her blog, even 1 time per month so i'm a bit annoyed by this because she just "disappear" between singles...

I wish she come back in Keyakake as well...

10. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

I always think she isnt the type who want to share her private life for others to see and she seems completely uncomfortable with this. In her lasted blog, she wrote that she want to live honestly to herself and if this not-updated-blog can make her feel somehow "safe", I'm totally fine with it.

She will appear on cover of a lifestyle/travel mag named Casa Brutus. She looks so elegant and mature in this photoshoot and then, a part from her comment on this trip (she went to an art town / main theme of this issue) somehow related to your disscussion

"I like art museum because this is the place where people focus on art works and dont interfere with others"

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  11. cotd

cotd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I don't mind about not updating her blog, but honestly I do hope her to attend Keyakitte Kakenai if there is no other work because I think it's a part of Keyakizaka46 job. I feel 50% the same way about handshake events, but personally I don't really "like" this kind of event, and I understand if she is not comfortable doing it considering past experiences.

I just keep praying so that she will be healthier, both physically and mentally, even though it's bit by bit. Baby steps, baby steps :flower:

12. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    • Like Like x 6
  13. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    ModelPress article with same three pictures.

"Hirate appeared in the same issue and commented, "I like art museums originally because it is a place where people concentrate on work and people do not interfere with each other." Looking back on the special issue in the same issue, "It was the first time to touch something like Art in Setouchi, so everything was fresh. Traveling across islands by ferry was like an attraction (laughs) "I told the impression in the field.

Furthermore, "This time in the tour, I might have liked the" ground garden "in the" ground art museum ". The" water "work on Naoshima also had a pleasant and cozy wind. Introduce your memories.

"I was glad to be touched by more art works than anything. I thought it would be nice if the inspiration came in many ways through this trip," she said.

https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/1847255

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

This thread is really rocking. Some great comments.

I'm afraid Techi is so strong as a presence, and so strong in the emotion of her performances, that no other 1gen can really substitute that well (even my oshi Mon). Techi is not technically the best at anything, but she's good at everything, and her presence and emotion are overwhelming -- I get a feeling of strength and purity from her, even now. Karin is definitely not Techi, and saying that puts me off, too. But being Karin might be a great thing in itself. Time will tell. You go, girls. Karin and Yui seem to me to be growing fast. And not them alone.

Maybe they could come up with songs that suited Pon better. Her naturally retiring, smiling, offhand manner is not suited to Techi's songs, but it has its own strength and charm.

I have always wanted Techi to stay at centre, just because I love her performances. But the pressure of always having to perform and be The One has obviously caused her problems, so to see others getting their chance is a good thing. Mea culpa for not wanting to let her rest before. I'm losing Memi and Neru, and Shida is already gone. I don't want to lose a fourth of my five favorites (Memi-Mon-Neru-Shida-Techi).

In the new BUBKA interviews of the 2gens, Karin says: "After the performance, I was tired and resting. Suddenly someone took my hand. I wondered who it was. It was Hirate-san. 'Are you okay? Thank you,' she said to me. I was so happy. She was so nice it surprised me." source

• Like Like x 8
  15. GenKelC

GenKelC Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    Yeah, all the comments are great and so true, I think the biggest mistake is that when someone try to center a song that is Techi center, they try to mimic/imitate what Techi does, so, it doest come natural, maybe like you say, with a new song specially for a new center, there can be a new air and image with Keyaki, but honestly I still want Techi to keep being our eternal center ..

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  16. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

Someone in twitter might visit this thread and feel piss off with how Techi fan praised her lol Hey, If I werent feel her unique, I wouldnt become her fan in the first place lol I think this opinion is sth that happens whenever you oshi a girl, that there is sth especial in her and it attracts you.

Some people might feel my feeling and opinions toward Techi is cringe worthy that I praised her too much but honestly, those are exactly what I think about her. Eventhough people are fans of Techi, each has their own opinion and from my point of view, Techi is such an extraordinary idol in term of performance and a sweet teenager girl in term of normal life.

I dont know why people always see this as big deal. Techi fans at least dont appear outside this thread lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. cotd

cotd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I really love the story of Tecchan interaction with 2nd gen. Even though we don't get to see their interaction, several members have told us about it. I think it's one of Tecchan good qualities that many people often forget: she's very kind and thoughtful of others. Even to 2nd gen members who are originally "outsiders", she is quick to create an opportunity for both parties conveying their thoughts and feelings, and ultimately expressing her acceptance for 2nd gen.

I also remember about her early blog post, that one that was brought up in KeyaKake. She wrote about small things in PV which audiences need to pay attention to, and she really went into details involving other members. Ozeki and Uemuu said that they are happy because Tecchan noticed their small actions.

Hirate Yurina is the center and the face of Keyakizaka46, but she doesn't have any ambition to shine brightly by herself. She really tries to make the whole group to shine together, as Keyakizaka46. I've always admired her kind heart and thoughtful actions toward others, not only members but also staffs.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

Do anyone hear Techi voice in Kyk new leaked video? I'm confused a lot but the ending sound in some parts seems similar to how Techi usually sings

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    At first I couldn't hear it but after I heard it again and again and again I started to get what you mean, especially the part at 0.08-0.09

20. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

I thought the beginning of the clip was a bit high-pitched compared to past Keya songs but towards the end, it grew lower & I thought I did hear a tad bit of Techi's voice. Tbh, the fact that she wasn't in the clip worries me but it's such a short clip of who knows what (9th title song, b-side, CM?) so just going to ignore that fact for now.. I'm OK with a non-Techi center for 9th single but no Techi at all? :yikes: Excitement down :/

• Agree Agree x 1