1. We have new admins and are making big plans for 2019 and beyond. Please read the state of the forum here and support if you can!

Hirate Yurina (Techi) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Keyakizaka46 Members' started by Renappon, Nov 2, 2015.

1. asakuraikun

asakuraikun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mayuyu, Ayaka and Naachan!
    Techi smiling sure is a precious moment.

I really hope she goes to rest after the promotion (since it's not happening now), and management should not rush her for the next single at all. Give someone else a chance, some fans are even bashing Techi for taking center after hiatus, and she doesn't deserve getting hate as well. She can be center for life, we do love her a lot, but it's not worth if she's not at her best.

2. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I do think mmg has kind of found a way to keep Techi at center while still let her have just enough rest for occasional performances. Aside from centering (the most stressful job in her schedule), monthly sol, some appearances and photoshoots here and there, Techi is pretty much waived from all other activities including handshakes, Keyakake, non-major performances (like the one at TGC). Other members are also assigned center positions when Techi is absent and are gaining attention too. I can totally understand if mmg really thinks this "plan/balance" is working.

Don’t get me wrong, I still prioritize Techi’s happiness and health over anything else, and think that she deserves a real break (her official hiatus lasted for like a month -_-“). Just that mmg might have found a way to get around that.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

I just feel bored so wanna make a topic to discuss about. Do you guys find that Techi's case is kinda unique in idol bussiness. Usually, idol in any countries - Jpop, Kpop or T-pop and not artists, need fanservice activities to maintain their fame. At least, when they reached their peak, they can reduce the fanservice things and feed their fans by continuos jobs like drama, musical stage, modelling. But in Techi's case, her popularity has gone up like sky-rocket after she's no longer done the usual fanservice (the only thing she does is mobame which happens once a month and if we are lucky then twice) and mngm reduced her jobs as much as possible (though it's still a lot). In 2017, there was discussion she had the biggest fanbase or not. Yeah she might be the most popular but the gap between her and other members wasnt big at all. Then in 2019, despite her absence, her popularity remains and even increases a lot. She moved up in fem idol celeb ranking, her solo song has more views than some a-side songs from other idol (48, as example) groups, her goods sell like hot cake, she appears on a lot of (cover) magazines which idols usually arent able to like Casa brutus, GQ, ROJ (she is the only female idol who's ever appeared on them).

Despite the "im tired with Hirate center", she always gains some new fans whenever she performs on TV. Why can she do it? I think Techi is the example for the theory that an idol doesnt need to always do the fanservice to gain popularity and she can built her fame through her talent - which i think its really rare to see. But at the later sentences, i think its more like about an artist? Rather than Techi, the only other girl who I can think about is Sayanee who steadily becomes an artist.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. rdamon42

rdamon42 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Risa Watanabe
    My personal views on Techi and why I love her:

- When she debuted, she said that she wanted to be like Shiraishi Mai and Ikuta Erika, who, according to her words, gave her strength. At the time, she was the youngest in Keyaki but seemed to be the most mature in terms of how she answered questions and how she carried herself. I admired her quiet strength and resolve to be a person who also inspires other people;

- Traditionally for me, Techi leans more towards cute than beautiful, but she can be super intense one moment and adorably cute in an instant. I have not seen an idol before who can do that so effortlessly.

- The way she dances, God, this kid can dance. I feel her performance in her every move, and this is just through seeing her on a video. Seeing her perform live, I can only imagine how these emotions translate.

- For me her absences from variety shows and other traditional idol stuff makes it special whenever she appears. I understand she has various projects and all, and I personally would rather not have Techi in KeyaKake if she is disengaged.

Overall I look at Hirate-chan as more than just a regular idol: she did just what she set out to accomplish which is to inspire people. Its so hard to forget that she just turned 18, with how mature she is and just how magnetic she can be. She may not be doing some of the regular idol stuff, but Techi ain't a regular idol in my eyes so.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Dill

Dill Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Twitter:
    Dill46_48
    I think in general, but more regarding idols, the space between themselves and fans had reduced too much. This means fans keep asking, never satisfied if not for a very short period of time and idols need to give too much and have no time themselves to grow and metabolize their growth. I don't know anything about T-pop but it's something I see in both K and J pop. At best it's extremely taxing on idols, at worst became a dangerous situation with fans stepping way over the line because they think they own the idol. There're too many cases in jpop and there are even more in kpop for both girl and boy groups.

I think Techi case works because her lack of fanservice is in contrast with this reality in which everyone else is obliged to give so much. So she stands out, alone.
    It also helps that Keyaki music gives her a particular aura she won't have if we were having super-cute A-sides.
    If Sakamichi and 48 would all step back from the super fan service they offer she would already be one of many and perhaps it won't have the same impact she has now.

This said, there's something in Techi that steal the viewer attention and all it took to her in the past was to be in half frame of a video to captivate all the comments and interest (it was around Kaze Ni release, but don't ask me what video is because I don't remember.. it was a after-show group small video though).
    There's something in Techi that convinced mngmnt to give her the first center and it's still there, a stage presence, an aura that many other artists recognizes and use as reference to make their own art. This alone is one of the greatest compliment she could receive, and that explain better than any words the power of Techi.

Artistically, I think Sayaka is way above Techi because since the start Sayaka had her goal. She IS a musician. She was an idol, of course, but that was her job. I don't know if I explain this well... it's the difference between someone who sing and dance (an idol) and someone who has the music inside, all the time (Sayaka).
    In the same way, but less mature than Sayaka, Techi is a Performer.
    The only other person still in Sakamichi and 48 who gives me similar intensity Techi has on stage is SKE's Nao, but again, Nao feels more mature somehow than Techi.

I've rambled enough lol but these three girls are the one who I'm more curious to see in the post-idol career.
    Sayaka's already sterted, Techi I'm not sure if she'll continue but hopefully we'll get movies and drama from her and Nao.... well, I'm not sure Japan is ready for Nao yet.

• Like Like x 1
  6. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

@Dill i think you misunderstood my point ^^ I named Sayanee because she is the one who started as an idol but didnt need the fanservice to remain popular - which is somehow similar to an artist and yes, She is an artist right now. Rather than a singer or musician, I see Hirate more than a performer too.

It's interesting seeing you said Nao has some similarity to Hirate because I think the opposite way. The intensity Hirate gave is dependent on the meaning of each song she wants to convey. In other words, she put not only the skill but also her own explanation to dance the song. Professionists praised her because of her conveyability which is rarely/hardly seen in other idols. The others including Nao put more effort to improve their dance skills. (And personally, the perf between her and Churi in midnight show somehow makes me feel uncomfortable to compare her with Techi, sorry)

And there are some girls who tried to stay away from fanservice in the past but they dont reduce the quantity of their jobs - they moved from being idol to being actress/talent and are welcomed by the gp. They dont disappear the same way as Techi. This is why I said Techi case is unique.

7. Dill

Dill Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Twitter:
    Dill46_48
    @miyabi I understood your point, but I went on my own train of thoughts lol

Interesting point about Nao. I think everyone saw the video you're talking about and yeah, I get the uncomfortable part so much I had to stop before the end lol

But I was thinking more about her perfromances on stage like in Hamlet where, honestly, if there wasn't Jurina she would have pulled a perfect Hamlet, and the many proof she gave us in the course of the years on shows, starting (for me) from Ebi-shows. In the intesiity of her performances I find something in common with Techi, even if more constructed, more polished, already build up by training and tries and studies, where Techi looks more raw, more genuine, still like build on instinct like with Stargazer, where she had to get it well on the first take.
    I think this is the bigger difference between Nao and Techi's way to perform.

Nao to me is one of those kids born to be on stage. She likes to be there and it shows. And she also has an extraordinary voice and music knowledge Techi, unfortunately (or not) lacks. But, they are different people and SKE is not Keyaki. SKE has a different and more mature or more teasing concept, so Techi and Nao performances are different as they can be.
    And yet the talent, in my very humble and perhaps wrong opinion, is similar. The fire within them burn the same way.

This said, I'll never been ready to see Techi peform the stuff Nao does. No way in hell. lol

8. cotd

cotd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I won't say things like unique in idol industry because I'm not confident enough with my knowledge regarding J idols. I think I know so much more about K idols.

But I find Tecchan to be a unique and interesting person, regardless she is an idol, an artist, a performer, or whatever it is.

One thing that is very special of Tecchan is her rawness. I don't know how to put it correctly... But it's the raw feelings that she delivers when she performs, through everything no matter how small. Her voice, her dance, her gaze, even the movement of one finger is meaningful.

She is not the best singer in term of technique but when she sings, the listener can get what she wants to convey. Because at this part her voice is trembling, at this part her voice is broken to pieces, at this part she sounds cold and angry...

She is not the best dancer, but like what I've said before, she knows how to express things. Like how she brush her hair in Garasu, or how she moves her fingers in Mou Mori, or how she dances so fluidly in Ambivalent. Also, something that I notice about Tecchan, is that she puts everything in her dance. The raw emotion. Without restricted to technique. Unfortunately it's probably the reason why she gets injured a lot and now she seems to be unable to do it anymore because she hasn't fully recovered.

Another very important thing that I just recently notice about Tecchan is that this person... simply expresses the meaning of something and fully becomes the protagonist of the story. She's very absorbed, like she is not in this world anymore.

This is something that I notice when I see the performance of Mou Mori with Yuichanzu as W-Center and Mou Mori with Tecchan center.

Yuichanzu has done a great job. Their gazes are vacant, their movements are amazing. But there is something that is missing.

I was wondering what it is when I finally understand one thing. When Yuichanzu performed Mou Mori, they performed Mou Mori. And like professional performers, they looked at cameras time by time. They performed, but they haven't became the character in Mou Mori. It's like there is still the concept of a stage and a viewer.

But Tecchan in Mou Mori was just... really focusing in her role to the point that it feels like she is the girl in Mou Mori. It's like she is instinctively looking to the sky, close her eyes when she looks at the sun even though in reality there wasn't, looking at her hands in the end... She looks at cameras sometimes but it's not the matter of looking at cameras, but looking at "you".

It reminds me of what Kobayui said way back that what Yuichanzu wants to achieve is different than what Tecchan wants to achieve.

I'm not exaggerating. At least to me, I haven't found someone else with so much raw energy and feelings in their performance (idols that I know). This is what makes her performance like Non Fiction and Kado wo Magaru touching. Even people who don't understand the language and don't usually cry can do so.

Another example is that Tecchan in Stargazer PV. Her choreography is not something so spectacular or difficult technical wise. But when she reaches for the sky, when she falls back, when she reaches her hand, when she pants while looking at her hands like she wonders where does everything becomes wrong, when she screams to the sky... viewers are able to feel what the protagonist feels even though they literally can't see her face.

The problem is that Tecchan is quite up and down regarding her quality of performance. The person herself doesn't really acknowledge this, but Yone once said that Tecchan is a very sensitive person who can easily let her feelings shows through her performance. It's a double edged sword since when she is overwhelmed but feelings contrary to the one in a song, then she gives a "bad" performance. Like not smiling, looking down for the entire time, etc.

But her sensitivity is the same thing which allows her to convey feelings like she excels in, I think.

That's what makes her a unique person compared to "some but not all" other idols, singers, and so on. It's like rather than "crying because she is moved by the song" it's more of "crying because she IS the one in the song".

I typed this without rereading it again in the midnight so I'm sorry if it's unclear lol.

• Like Like x 3
  9. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Please do not compare Techi to Sayanee. That's insulting to Sayanee.

• Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Jsprite

Jsprite Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Your statement insults Sayanee more than anything, as it is beneath her to think that way. I'm sure Sayanee would be flattered to be compared to Techi, even though Sayanee herself and everyone else, except you, know that that is comparing apples and oranges.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. rdamon42

rdamon42 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Risa Watanabe
    Comparison is not akin to insult. We compare because we want an intelligent, thoughtful discussion on the idols that we admire, and this forum is a great place to do it.

Bring something to the discussion rather than being offended. Also, this is Techi's thread. We love her. Deal with it.

• Like Like x 5
  12. ukifune

ukifune Upcoming Girls

Kado wo Magaru was released to streaming services at midnight Tuesday and immediately went to #1 on Line Music.
    source

That's despite the fact the video has been on YouTube for a month, and the film came out a year ago.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. cotd

cotd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    And with no real promotion as well.

I feel happy that many people appreciate Baby Otter :cute:

• Like Like x 2
  14. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

KwM ranks #1 in daily line music chart :1st: I dont know how long it appear on chart but still a big applause to her. (If only mngm let or She agree to perform it on broadcasting, i think the song has potential to become big)

This monthis Techi will be on 3 mags, Ginza, Nonno with Risa and Vivi :banana: I think about purchase the 3's digital version.

• Like Like x 2
  15. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Let’s add Weekly Shonen to the list. Is this a sign for 9th single promotion? I feel like mmg will drop an announcement within the next 2 weeks.

16. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

Yeah, her magazine rush is coming Definitely buying Shounen Magazine, lately she appear on fashion - lifestyle mags more than idol-gravure mag (even though S.M is a comic mag, it still includes gravure photoshoot) then I think this might be the rare occasion in this year together with Kadokawa that we can see her gravure shoot (or I might be wrong, her lastest comic magazinr features - Young jump and Superior, didnt seem like gravure at all )

Pictures from Ginza, you guys must have been seen all of them. So cute btw I'm really looking forward to Vivi, i like her make-up and styling on its past shoots and never forget the legend "I cut my hair on my own decision. I will never cut it if Aki-P ask."

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  17. Jsprite

Jsprite Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Just once, I'd love to see Techi with long hair. Aki-P can always user reverse psychology, and tell Techi to "keep her short hair", LOL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

Yeah, I also think about this way when she suddenly said she was growing her hair because short hair didnt suitable for her in QG if she has long hair, I'd like to see her with twintails (just a never-come-true hope)

• Like Like x 1
  19. rdamon42

rdamon42 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Risa Watanabe
  20. miwa

miwa Kenkyuusei

She said she doesn't care about the length of her hair, that she just cuts it to fit the songs. She cut it first for Kaze ni and then for Kuroi Hitsuji. I like her hair the way it is right now, but I guess it all depends on the feel of the 9th single.

• Agree Agree x 2