1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Hirate Yurina (Techi) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    • Itte Q:
    Techi's costume is a combination of a furisode (top) and a hakama (bottom). Appearance teaser
    Comment:
    Uchimura-san: I couldn't believe it, I was very happy. Is this how Imoto felt when he met (Namie) Amuro-san?
    Techi: I thought I was a supporter so I didn't know I'd be the one doing (筑前博多独楽を - I think it's the traditional game in the photo). I was very nervous as if I was doing a live
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Sankaku:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• ViVi feature with Masaki and Shison:
    [​IMG]

• Fable 2:
    [​IMG]

Producer - Hirate told him that when she read the original work and script, she felt that she wanted to deliver the story and message about what Hinako is going through and how she can finally take a step forward, so she decided to give it a try. He thinks that we could witness the birth of a new talent through this work.

Director - He said that Hirate did great and she gave everything she've got. Her guts in the mountain was terrific. When he saw her expressions (on the mountain), he thought "that's it!". Hirate's acting was pulled by Tsutsumi's and her emotions as Hinako were formed. But as Hirate herself wasn't satisfied yet, they decided to do a retake. The result of it made everyone feel glad as they were able to capture one of the most beautiful shots of the movie.

The trio interview (trans: kiryu)
    Shison answered "Sankaku Mado no Sotogawa wa Yoru" because it makes you think about the power of words. He mentioned that harassment on SNS has become a social problem and relate his thoughts to what this movie is about. He also said that freedom of speech should be protected, but that doesn't mean you can say anything you want as words can be a deadly weapon, so he hope that people can be more responsibile for the words they speak so that it can become the current trend. His selection on the movie was made with that in mind, but he also hope that people will come to watch it with a light-feeling.

Okada recommended "Midnight Swan" as he just watched it recently and thought that it was great. The movie's content also made he think about connections with people. Right now(covid),it's hard to even meet and talk to people normally, and there's a lot of bad news going on. Of course it's important to have funny movies too but he'd like to see more movies that are memorable.

Techi answered Michael Jackson's documentary film "This Is It".

Te: I've always liked Michael Jackson, and after watching it, I've become more fond of him...The reason I started following him is because I found out that my birthday is on the same date as his death anniversary. I also watched his MV, documentary and others.

Techi said that she has always loved movies and often watched them regardless of genre, but she mostly watched Western movies.

Hearing Techi's movie selection, the other two also got lively.

Okada: Cool right!
    Shison: Yea. “The Star”!
    Okada: It really makes you realize what a star is, doesn't it?
    Shison: Yea yeah. Even just from a short behind scene makes you go "Whoa!"

Shison said that he can feel the signs of earthquake. He hasn’t told anyone before because thought that he'd be ridiculed. Like, he can feel the 'jolt' within him. Then, within a few days, there would be a big earthquake happened. Even now he sometimes could sense the tremor few times a day, and there are also times he got the earthquake early warning.

O: That's amazing!
    S: Up to you whether you want to believe it or not (laughs)!
    O: Me too. It's up to you whether to believe me or not, but I can usually tell when the courier will come...

Shison and Te: *LOL*

S: Y'know, that one you can always tell!
    O: Like, "Oh he's coming!" and then there comes "Ding-dong!" (laughs). But that really happened quite a lot. I couldn't see anyone during the self-restraint period, so I was surprisingly happy to hear the intercom from the courier
    S: Eh, did you just open the door like that?
    O: Now (covid), I ask them to leave it at the door, but usually I just open it
    S: Seriously!?
    Te: Eh, you don't wear a mask or something?
    O: Nope, I don't. Ah, but now I do okay? Though I've never worn before. Saying "Thanks! I've been looking forward to my parcel!" (laughs)
    S: Seriously~? Sugoine
    O: So I'm sure that the Yamato delivery people has remembered my face.
    S: Ehhh. As for me, I changed my voice.

Okada and Te: *LOL*

S: Depends on the day, but (in a very high, girlish voice), "Yes, please leave it there"
    O: That's kinda girly.
    S: There's that...and there are also times when I say (in a low, stern voice) "Please leave it there"
    O: lol what's with this talk (laughs)

Shison: I don't have any
    Techi: I have a feeling that they exist
    Okada: I don't have any psychic senses, but I do have experience with it.
    Okada: I was reading a book on a bench in a park during the shooting, and before I knew it, there was a person on the bench next to me, which was supposed to be empty. I thought that was scary so I went back to the hotel. Then I heard some knocks on my door's room, and opened it but no one was there. But from the moment I opened the door, I could hear the sound of footsteps on the carpet in the room...... In the end, I heard it all night long. I was told later that someone had died in the park and thought that 'he' must have followed me. That's why I believe in such things, or rather, I'm aware that they do exist.

The interviewer asks him does he ever feel scared while shooting the movie.

Okada: The scene where the spirit is standing at the crossing, even if you look at it from afar, it was a little too strange...and scary (laughs)

Shison said that he's not the type to think that spirits are scary, but he does have a scary experience in a different way. There was a pool-scene where the pool was about 5m deep. When they started shooting and he took off his gas mask, he felt like his legs were pulled and was dragged to the bottom.

Shison: At that time, I was afraid that I might sink...But that scene got cut, so no one gets what I'm feeling (laughs)
    Techi: There was an actual replica of the corpse that the artist had made on set, and I was scared of that.
    Shison: Yeah, it was very realistic.

Apparently, there were some shooting locations that are said to have stopped building (because it's haunted

Shison: We were all together, so it wasn't that scary, but there were lots of black marks on the toilet. I'd be like "Wa--!"

One of the highlights of the movie is the final scene where each character lets out their emotions in their own way, but how do they keep their concentration?

Okada: This is exactly what I'm troubled at right now. I've been gradually losing my ability to concentrate (laughs). So I've been looking up things like "How to improve concentration" on the internet (lol)
    Shison and Techi: Your age (laughs)?
    Okada: Not that!(lol) There're probably many different ways to do things depending on the person, or even routines for athletes, so I'm trying to find them. I think that's very important for this job, so I'm in the process of looking for it.

As for Shison, he's not sure himself but he thinks he needs to wear himself out as it's not easy to suddenly shed tears out of nowhere. Since it's a feeling, he can't really express it intentionally. There're parts that can be done with a partner, but if he needs to do it by himself, he'd hv to wear himself out mentally.

Techi: I didn't really have any scene in this movie where I had to do anything that needs “emotional outburst”, so I was quite calm.
    Okada: But there're scenes where you were strangled by having your freedom taken away right?
    Techi: That's just because I was deprived of freedom.
    Okada: (laughs) She said "Just"!
    Shison: How calm are you (lol)?
    Techi: Right.. (laughs)

Shison: Maybe a YouTuber, though I'm not going to be in the video.
    Okada: You're not!?
    Shison: As a producer, I want both of you to do various things. I want you guys to do a lot of embarrassing things (laughs). I really want to see that. I could feel the glow that comes from doing something you don't wanna do. There are moments when you think, "I definitely don't want to say this, but I have to" and when you did, it hits y'know~ That's why I want to open the door that the two of you'd never normally try. What about you guys?
    Okada: I wonder what? Looking at what we're wearing right now (refer 1st pic), I could only think of tailor's shop.. (laughs)
    Techi: Uhnmmm…maybe a pet shop?
    Shison: You want to open a pet shop?
    Techi: Not that because I want to, it's just that all of you love pets.
    Shison: Aa~ yeaa

The interviewer asks who'd be the store manager then?

Techi thought for a moment and answered, "...Jun-kun".
    Shison: Me!?
    Techi: 'cause Jun-kun gets his acts together (laughs)
    Techi: Erika's impressions look different in the first half and the second half of the movie, but that's because Erika, who was alone at first, probably realized that she wasn't alone when she met Mikado and Hiyakawa, and opened her heart.

Director Morigaki: I read the original work after I received the offer to make (△mado) into a movie, and from that point onward, I read Erika as Hirate-san (laughs). When I finished reading it and mentioned Hirate-san's name for Erika's role, producer team and everyone all agreed and got worked up over it. That's why I was really worried about what should I do if Hirate-san refused (the offer). (trans: kiryu)

• Mentioned by others:
    Yuuka: they're still in touch and met too but not recently

Yuipon:
    Fan: It's been a year since Yui-chan's famous Christmas blog
    Koba: Ah! That's right~
    Fan: Was that photo (the one taken with Techi) taken by Yui-chan?
    Koba: I was holding (the camera) when she joined lol

Rikopi:
    Rikopi: Ako-chan~ Are! That~ that's~ Yuri, Yurina-san and my 〇〇 right? (OP couldn't hear it)
    Fan: hmm?
    Rikopi: Yurina. You're Yurina-san and my fan right?
    Fan: That's right that's right!!!
    Rikopi: Yeah~
    Fan: Do you call her Yurina-san?
    Rikopi: Un! Yeah~ somehow she called me on my birthday~
    Fan: Eh! So gentle~
    Rikopi: That's right She's a really gentle senpai!!!

Marina:
    Fan: For Keyakake Valentine special, who did you give your chocolate to?
    Marina: Ah, that's~~ Hirate-san
    Fan: Yatta as expected!
    Marina: Yeah that's right~ (she also said something else but was fading out so the fan couldn't hear it)

Honosu:
    Fan: Hello~
    Hono: Anpon-chan~
    (talking about Hono's chocolate on Keyakake Valentine ep)
    Hono: That's (for) Yuri! Yuri Yuri!

ACAね (producer of Sankaku's theme song Darken) mentioned Techi on his latest Youtube live: I was happy to hear that Hirate-san said she liked the song at the preview. I said hello to her before but I hope we can meet again somewhere.

From Kitagawa Keiko's fanmeeting: Techi visited Keiko at home after she gave birth to her baby girl, then they ordered bubble tea and to drink together

Junya (Garasu's producer):
    Hirate-san's "Dance no Riyuu"
    Goosebumps
    Afterall, you'll be fascinated when you look at her

Yokoyama Satoshi (Nikkan Sports Entertainment reporter):
    A preview of the movie "The Night Beyond the Window" starring Hirate Yurina-san.
    I want to read the original. The expression of Mr. Hirate, who has the power to "manipulate the curse", is as powerful as ever.
    A Shochiku (movie production company) official told me: "There aren't many women who can make that expression."

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. cotd

cotd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Reading others appreciate her always makes me happy, warm and fuzzy inside :blush:

Speaking of roles, some people (even some of her fans) think that the role she's delivered are similar. Like the boku in most Keyaki's songs, Hibiki, and Erika. But actually they are all different, the messages that we can take from each character are also different. I think rather than the characters are similar, it's more like she delivers each of them very well that when we watch them we think "oh this character really belongs to Hirate!"

I think even if in the future she's ended up repeatedly casted as a character with similar vibes/characteristic, it's ok. It's like... there are indeed types of character that only her can do them justice.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tenote

Tenote Kenkyuusei

The best Christmas present: Dance no Riyuu comes out on December 25th as a digital single!

[oversize image]

Personally, I don’t like the cover but don’t mind it much.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2020
  4. Mati

Mati Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    平手友梨奈
    I'm so happy that Techi is officially debuting as a solo artist. As a new fan, I didn't have to wait long.

❄️ ❄️

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I'm so happy :cry2:

I read she should also perform on the same show as Sakura but then I read it was cancelled so I'm also very confused, but most important, I'm SO SO happy :inlove:

Can't wait to have the single. I would have liked more a not digital one but there's time for that
    Techikids got a very beautiful present for xmas this year :chuffed:

6. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    F7DC4769-6818-4D25-907D-555E928B2F47.jpeg

Congratulations to Techi for her solo debut. This is the best Christmas present for Techi’s fans (the fact that it’s release at 0:00 JST). The cover has a magical and festive vibe to it. If possible please buy her single on music platforms to support her. I hope they create a YouTube channel to post the MV instead of posting it on the HP, especially when there’s not much promotion (if there’s any at all) for this single.

Techi will also appear on CDTV Live! Live! New Year's Eve Special on Dec 31 at 23:45 JST. Will we get Dance no Riyuu 2nd performance?

@cotd yeah I don’t know how people think Hibiki and Erika are similar when their core characteristics are so different. I really looking forward to Sankaku because Erika’s been receiving great comments from the preview

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Ulitape

Ulitape Kenkyuusei

ダンスの理由 mv out now on youtube, her official channel?

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Mati

Mati Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    平手友梨奈
    MV!!! Techi is receiving so much love in the comment section in different languages. I hope she's checking it right now.:cute:

9. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Hey this song is quite alright! I love the rhythm.

10. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I love the dance and the song in general, but the way they enanced and filtered Techi's voice is a bit too much for me.
    It will end on my playlist anyway and I watched the MV more times that I should have, but if I have to find something not exactly convincing, is that.
    Just my personal taste.
    Techi is phenomenal, I have no words anymore to say how much I like her and the way she broke every single border and role people and industry put on her.

I'm very curious about the concept of the MV though. We know there's Techi (of course lol), The sun, the deer, 4 planets and Techi's tribes (let me lol because those are totally US) but no one knows yet what is the meaning of these choices.
    The first time I saw the mv I felt it could be recalling some folkloristic tale... but I could be completely out of target.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tenote

Tenote Kenkyuusei

I love everything about the mv: the colors, lighting, cinematography, indigenous concept. Forget about “Hirate cultists”, we’re “Hirate tribe” now haha

I looked up the deer symbolism: in Buddhism, it symbolizes peace and harmony; for North America’s indigenous tribes, it represents sensitivity and intuition; in Celtic culture, it’s both a feminine and masculine symbol.
    The video opens with the human deer but techi doesn’t interact with them. Their approach is aggressive but then they end up dancing along synchronized. I interpret it as techi acknowledging and accepting a part of herself that she had previously dismissed, perhaps her more sensitive side.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Well obviously I was fanboying with delight on viewing the MV. I wonder, who is doing the choreo for her song now?

I half expected the deer to be Takahiro.

I like the song too, but the choreo is super good, and the MV - well, I need to watch it a few more times, but I am happy over here. No complaints.

13. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    That was a such a nice MV tho. I wasn't expecting it at all since it's just a single and not really a major debut as a soloist. I still think the song is fantastic and I'm glad they focused on the dance for the MV because that's really the highlight of this single. I hope it sells well for her cause I want more music from her lol. I llike her outfit too oddly enough lol

14. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I loved the costumes! Techi in particular makes her look even slim than she already is, it reminds me of the costumes ice skaters use.
    I'm not an expert but I don't think Takahiro is involved with Techi Project. Moves looks different.. but I could be wrong.

15. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

I think they clearly credited who involved in the choreo and none of the name was TAKAHIRO.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rev4

Rev4 Member

Anybody knows what Amami has done before? Since Kado wo magaru Techi started to experience other choreographers.

17. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Here's what I found at first glance.
    Choreographer and dance producer Amami's Twitter and YouTube.
    Dancers:
    (*Main dancers)

The credits show that Bell dude is supposed to be "The Sun", while Souchin is a part of "The 4 Planets". Interesting.

As for no promo/digital only debut, S&F clearly wants to get a close estimate of Techi's die-hard fans in order to plan future releases (or a lack thereof). So, if you want to show your support directly, here's your chance.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. chain

chain Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    西野七瀬|菅井優香|加藤史帆
    Oh wow, I just found out Hirate's new song released today, and it already shot up to number 1 on Line Music's top 100 within an hour.
    Sorry, I tried to upload a screenshot of it, but I can't for some reason.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Mana

Mana Under Girls

wow I love Techi's solo debut Dance no Riyuu! Techi's debut performance was very nice and her MV is even better! it seems like they invested in her debut because it looks high budget? well, that's great and they did a good job, Techi's dancing and her charisma are as amazing as ever! Love her expressions. it's a perfect MV for her ;w; I hope she finds success!

I can't believe I thought that Techi might dissapear after graduation, instead she's doing everything, she's acting and performing and singing... I worried for nothing LOL I'm glad! <3<3<3

• Like Like x 1
  20. valerien

valerien Kenkyuusei

Hirate Yurina's "Dance no Riyuu" achieved #1 for Oricon's Daily Digital Single Sales Chart for 25/12/2020 with 9,817 downloads.

I think that's a good number, considering you are technically just paying for an audio file and with zero promotions other than the one FNS performance. It's pretty hard to gauge digital download sales, I think streaming figures are more in line in order to gauge the popularity of the song.

For comparison purposes in terms of digital download sales, Nogizaka46's digital single "Route 246" achieved 33,391 total first week downloads and Keyakizaka46's digital single "Dare ga Sono Kane wo Narasu no ka?" achieved 34,245 total first week downloads.

• Like Like x 1