1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single HKT48 7th [74 Okubun no 1 no Kimi e] (2016/04/13)

Discussion in 'HKT48 News & Releases' started by Parikkuren, Feb 28, 2016.

1. JadeFlower

JadeFlower Member

Twitter:
    sarahfylxr
    Well I don't know Glee but it could be that the lyrics refers to Dianna Agrons roll

Sent with Taptalk

2. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Those lyrics are really funny. But I'm sure there will be a lot of sjw's on twitter or tumblr that will take offense.

Although I'm 1000% sure not a single one would take offense if the lyrics were written about a boy instead of a girl, something like Einstein Yori Cristiano Ronaldo. Not a peep out of those "people" then lol

3. MurasakiSora

MurasakiSora Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Hey I'd take offence to that! Only because I'm a Barca fan though. :p

Still haven't listened to Einstein Yori Dianna Agron but reading those lyrics again makes me cringe. Maybe I'll get around to it one day like the dog poop song or the many other songs he's somehow come up with. Aki-P seems to like to write at least one bizarre song a year.

I did get around to watching the Music Station performance of the new single though. Still not really a standout song for me and I find it more like a B-side. Maybe it's the slower tempo but I preferred their previous singles over this one.

4. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Ok, then Einstein yori Neymar :rofl:

5. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    Its weird, from what i remember her character gets punished a lot throughout the series, why would someone want to be like her? If its about the actress idk, but i wonder if she would found this funny.

Now that i think about it, do they have to ask for permission to do stuff like this?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  6. babymayu

babymayu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Einstein Yori Dianna Agron lyrics are pretty nice tho

It's the point of view of an airhead girl, anyhow pretty interesting

7. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Compare the two songs and think about what the fans want during that time.

Have I not stress enough how important of the quality of the single is, and that casual will easily makes up more than 20k of the buys.

I didn't say anyone who disagree with me is dumb, I'm saying that "comparison" is dumb
    Ignorance is not stupidity.

8. rikasa

rikasa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    To be honest, seeing the lyrics to the Einstein < Dianna Agron song made me confused and upset. It's very hard for me to justify spending money on a CD where beloved and beautiful girls sing the message that girls are worthless unless they are beautiful and loved by men, especially when that message is written by men. But then again, I also want to support HKT, particularly Meru and Miku, and I know that these sorts of songs and all the random gimmicks are kind of inherent to the system. I know part of it is a money and cultural thing, but it sets my feminist senses on edge because it is a money and cultural thing. So I would say that yeah, I'm one of those offended by these lyrics. I just wanted to pop in and say it would be kind of cool to see the forum recognize that the upset people are, you know, reasonable humans, and that there are some things about this song (and other songs, and parts of the system, and whatever) that come across as problematic. Cool, thanks. :flower:

9. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Wow, those are pretty bad :confused:

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

10. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

oh dear, that word so beloved of gender studies students.

Look it's pretty obvious that the lyrics aren't meant to be taken literally, that the lyrics are pointing out that someone with that superficial an attitude has a pretty stunted view of life.

Also, when a writer writes a story, or a lyric in this case, they aren't necessarily setting out an agenda, they're just writing a story not issuing a polemic. Do you think Slayer approve of Adolf Eichmann because they wrote the song "Angel of Death"? Do you think Jo Nesbo, Arne Dahl, Linwood Barclay and thousands of other crime writers approve of murder?

11. rikasa

rikasa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I'm going to take that as a compliment? If only I were so dedicated! I use the word problematic to describe just about everything, as do all of my friends, so I guess it's a regional slang term.

No, not at all, but writer intent is certainly not what is understood when the story is read. Say I'm a 12-year old girl that likes Nako. I see this song, she's saying "gotta focus on your eyes not your studies yo," and if Nako is a role model for me, well, it's just a small push in a certain direction is all. Not like it will totally change my world view, just that it will show me what my role model finds important. My point about the lyrics being written by a man is just because I personally find it interesting and frustrating (I can explain why if you want, but I don't want to get into a philosophical argument really). It's less about the intent/making a declaration - tbh to me it's scarier that these sort of words aren't considered messages.

But again, I don't really want to start an argument, just to appeal to the community to be mindful of others, which I don't think is that hard.

12. trxsh

trxsh Member

I had discussed this with someone on twitter just now as well because I also didn't see what all the fuss was about. My first instinct wasnt to take it literally but to take it as a commentary the way a lot of his lyrics are. Its not like when he writes about teen suicide and enjou kosai he's endorsing it lol its just a subject matter that is something real. You could easily argue that young girls get the message that cuteness is more lovable and pleasant than intelligence and putting it in this kind of lighthearted way really shows that it's quite silly. Or scary lol. That "cuteness is justice" line is a really popular saying btw and the meaning is basically that as well.

It's popularized through tumblr and now just popular with high school and college kids in general (from someone who hears it all day :fp:)

13. rikasa

rikasa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Actually I'm quite glad to hear most people are taking it that way. That's good to know about the "cuteness is justice" line, as it confused me. True, brains vs. beauty is a subject matter that is somewhat real, it's just more like the phrasing doesn't to me point out that the song is mocking itself. To me, the songs that address teen suicide to me are more about shedding light on the issue/pointing out that a lot of people (even idols!!!!!) struggle with those issues. This is not that to me. Maybe Aki-P meant it to be exaggeratedly silly, maybe that's what the majority of people thought, and I am quite happy to be in the minority that cringes and shakes their fists and shouts "whyyyyyy Aki-P" on this point.

Ah yes. You could say that I am hip with the youths, keeping it 100, deep into the memes, savage. :chuffed:

14. trxsh

trxsh Member

Pls don't take it personally, it's just a term I personally dislike as it's generally used to "shut down" the conversation. Ofc I'm not saying you shouldn't use it though, say it as much as you please^^

15. rikasa

rikasa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Hahaha whoops, forgot to tone the sarcasm out of the Internet post. None taken, I'm just joking around :^^;:

16. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    "Cuteness is Justice"? Reminds me of this:
    151202 AKBINGO.mp4_snapshot_06.29_[2015.12.03_11.17.14].jpg
    [hehe]

Don't take the lyrics on face value. I mean, it's not the first time we have dumb lyrics lol. As if Melon Juice lyrics has any meaning to begin with:awesome:

17. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Having seen other posts on twitter by the person that did the translation then I think the translation may have been done with a certain slant or agenda.

18. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

AkiP has written many many songs in his career. Is it that hard for you to realize that there actually may be girls who don't care at all about working hard and getting good grades? Or that their goal in life is just be cute and then get married and be a housewife or something? Why don't you stand up for their right to do something like that?

It's the same with some guys too, but would there be people upset if this song was written by a woman for young men who don't care about schoolwork or working hard, and only care about exercising in the gym so they have nice muscles and going out to a club. So maybe he wrote that song for girls like that, are they not allowed to have a song that reaches out to them too? Or are the only types of women who can have songs that speak to them are the types who care about work, school, and being successful? It's quite a double standard, so no I have no sympathy.

By the way, being a housewife is something many Japanese women desire to be, every single time there are polls or articles in magazines about your dream life or what you want to do in the future, being a housewife is really high up the list. Does that upset you that instead of wanting to be a doctor they want to be a housewife? If it does, it shouldn't. Because then you are devaluing the role of a housewife to something that is not as accomplished as working in a company, or being successful in your career. Which, imo, is very hypocritical of a feminist to do.

19. rikasa

rikasa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Hey, there :flower: I really am not interested in discussing this long-term with the entire forum, as it's off-topic and complicated, so I dropped you a PM if you're interested in carrying on with this conversation.

20. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    I translated Taboo no Iro's lyrics because it sounds interesting. (Put it on my tumblr)

Feel free if there's anyone who wanna do the color coding, I'm too lazy to do it myself:whistle:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016