1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single HKT48 7th [74 Okubun no 1 no Kimi e] (2016/04/13)

Discussion in 'HKT48 News & Releases' started by Parikkuren, Feb 28, 2016.

1. babymayu

babymayu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Just like @kyoto48☀︎☂ said, Aki-p has been writing many songs for a long time and he understands the girl's feelings more than you can imagine.
    One of the things I love about 48G is their lyrics which thanks to the great translators of Stage48 can be found on Studio48.

I'm not an airhead, I'm a feminist myself and I'm not even a little bit offended because reading Aki-p lyrics is like reading a book, it's a character's point of view and it's fun and entertaining. If young girls find in those lyrics their way to go in life, then they were going to that path anyways. Cuteness IS justice, girls will get things only by being cute and that's the reality. That applies to J-POP idols more than anything and if someone feels offended by random idol lyrics better find another hobby because cuteness and caring about their image is their priority, it's a fact, they address that every single time they are on shows.

Thanks for the translations of Taboo no Iro @Yuki88 these lyrics are great and the mv matches them really well :^O^::cute:

2. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Well, as someone who watched Glee from start to finish, Dianna's character - Quinn, was her name - becomes a teen mom who gives up her kid and eventually makes things work for her, but shit happens badly for her too. Anyways, the lyrics are odd. Her life didn't end up glamorous and all; her beauty didn't make her a star - only Rachel became a star technically. I just find it funny they pick the blonde cheerleader as the "beauty" considering she actually got accepted into Yale university and got a degree lol.

But, like some of u have said, we've had our "weird" lyrics before and it's not wrong to enjoy ur beauty or care about it, as long as you don't harm others on ur way (being into ur studies is just fine too)

3. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    That makes me wonder if AkiP actually clicks on random Wikipedia pages to look for ideas:awesome:
    Good thing he hasn't come up with songs that have surreal titles like Oxisol, Dhobi Ghat, etc :hehe:

4. rikasa

rikasa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    It's actually really nice to hear you guys saying you interpreted the song differently than I did. Hearing your thoughts makes me wonder if I reacted too soon or could have thought more about the song. I do stand by my issue with it, but there's honestly not much I can do about it, and hearing you guys explain your own thoughts makes me kind of more okay with it. It's nice to have a productive conversation on this site that actually helps me come to terms with what I was grappling with. If y'all remember my first post on this topic I said I was confused, and this thread helps me reconcile some of that confusion.

Ooh, also. I think I was a little surprised because the MV shows two sides that clash at first but come together, so I kind of thought the lyrics would be like Einstein < Dianna Agron or vice versa at first but then "you know, both are ok" happy ending at the end. Maybe that was part of my gut instinct to scream? Lol unsure. It shouldn't have been an issue, so many 48G songs don't have lyrics matching the MV. But I found it interesting when I looked at my own reaction from a distance.

Omg waiting for the day the Oxidol song drops. :rofl:

5. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    He probably just notice she was pretty and since the only thing notable she's really ever done was Glee, I guess it was easy to incorporate. It's still kind of cool seeing her name in a 48-release, but I didn't really like the song to begin with, so the lyrics didn't really do much for my opinion lol.

6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

@natsu-kun oricon only shows the daily sales for the top three.

7. JOELicious

JOELicious Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    Twitter:
    Joel_icious92
    its so sad to think that all song full MV already spread on the net at the 1st day thou.
    then some thoughts like "I can get all the song to get for free, thats why i dont need to buy the CD/DvD" , thats really sad thing. :(
    IMO, "True fans is someone who support and buy their official CD/DVD relase". Blame obama for this [hehe]

8. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    *rolls eyes*

I'm a fan of Sasshi. She's my ultimate osshi. I haven't bought anything HKT related. Why? Because I don't like any of their singles. Not one of them. It doesn't make me less of a "true" fan than you are.

I buy music because I like it, not because they're in it.

I'll support her in my own ways.

------

ANYWAY

apparently this single sold 290,000 copies
    What the hell? They're total was only like 230K or so. Unreported sales? 60K? WOW

http://www.billboard-japan.com/d_news/detail/37103/2

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  9. blindastaroth

blindastaroth Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kodama Haruka
    Twitter:
    BlindAstaroth
    And I put some english and spanish sub to the MV :)
    I hope you like it...

Thanks again men!!
    Here: http://www.show48.com/hkt48-taboo-no-iro/

10. tokidoki

tokidoki Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    They had a recording for Music Fair today. It will be the first time they appear on the show.

11. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    I'm curious about their appearance in MUSIC FAIR. IIRC Fuji TV has the policy of singing live for their music program, so I guess HKT will have to sing live too.

12. Jurisus_Walks

Jurisus_Walks Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I'm not sure why, but Billboard inflates their numbers by 50-odd thousand. With Chicken Line for example, they reported its 1st week sales to be 312,000 copies (source). However, Oricon reported Chicken Line's 1st week sales to be 257,000 copies (source).

13. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Billboard number is more correct if you only care about sales. But in terms of ranking, Oricon might be slightly more representative since it tried to reduce the noise and try to paint more accurate picture of the Japanese market. From my memory, Oricon do this by not counting CD being sold by more than 20pcs to a person (to reduce the noise generated by HS gimmick) also not counting CDs sold to overseas (more accurate Japanese ranking) and also other stuff (maybe theater ed isn't counted or something like that?).
    Basically Oricon number will always be lower than Billboard number but should be better for ranking.
    Anyway, the number commonly used for comparison is Oricon number, so just use the Oricon number for apple to apple comparison.

14. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

It's not accurately counting sales then. A sale is a sale is a sale.

15. Rurouni

Yes, from recording company perspective, a sale is a sale. But Oricon probably made the ranking not only to judge sales but popularity of the respective artist in Japan. They want to paint a true sales number where people don't buy CD in bulk only to get HS ticket and throw away the CD.
    Having said that, I don't think they achieve their intention since CD sales ranking isn't reflected in digital ranking. Basically a song like Chicken Line was poor digitally while Silent Majority with similar CD sales is doing great.

16. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

news about keeping weekly first place streak

if the video does not show watch the video here

17. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    These rankings and sales numbers have almost nothing to do with popularity of the group or their songs anymore. The charts are a joke and they have been for a while now.

18. Rurouni

It used to be able to gauge popularity properly until this whole gimmicky thing happen (HS). Now I trust digital sales ranking more to gauge popularity in casual market since Japanese embraced digital more and more.

19. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    Theatre edition is counted but any sold at 'pop up venues' like if a CD is sold at an event that's not retailed by an official vendor(official to oricon that is) only count up to a certain number(that I can't recall but it's not big). That's one of the reasons the handshake system is what it is currently, to make them count.(some idol groups lose oricon sales this way)
    Not every store is counted by oricon in general, I think they have to sign up or something. And yes overseas sales no longer count :c
    I've never heard this 20pcs thing before but I've not heard the opposite or anything so I just have no idea on that one.

20. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    20+ piece = count as 20 is real

I even shared the article here, as well as several other websites when people were questioning the whole 2.5 million BwT sales announcement.
    To vaguely quote it

"If you went to one of those handshake events, they not only have handshake, there are people there talking, there are stages with active events, kinda like Disney land, and an average person would spent roughly the amount of money in Disneyland as they would with 20 CD sales, that's where we set our number"

So yeah, they definitely tried to reduce some noises. (Try google for it, the article should be easy to find)

In short. 20+ for 20, and no counting of international sales. (Fanclub from China report Sashi+Mayu+Yuki made up over 50,000+ votes via CD alone)

*Yukirin reported voted 23k by Chinese, follow by Mayu's 21K Chinese votes, and Sashi have the least Chinese votes at 8~9k... Yet she still win SSK by a landslide*

(The above is based on fanclub report gathered at Tieba, Chinese biggest forum site)

Chinese votes during SSK is enough to help AKB to win oricon weekly when competition are weaker... That's how crazy AKB's sales actually are.

48G's actual sales number are usually considerably higher than Oricon's.
    When it comes to SSK single... Let's just say it's incomparable.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016