HKT48 Band Unit "Sweet You"

Discussion in 'HKT48 News & Releases' started by Doodleboy, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Four HKT48 members have formed a new unit, It is a music band named "Sweet You". The members are:
    • Vocal: Sakaguchi Riko
    • Guitar: Yamashita Emiri
    • Bass: Anai Chihiro
    • Drums: Motomura Aoi
    Members invited fans to submit the band name in AKB48's official magazine "Monthly AKB48 group news", and they received 238 names. Their first target is to have a song appear as a c/w on an HKT48 single.

Source: http://akb48-daily.blogspot.com/2016/02/hkt48-new-sub-unit-formed.html#.VsgfBsfLQ9c

Big thanks to @Paul cho for writing this on his blogspot.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  2. The Pum

The Pum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    As mentioned by @DeJure, it's a potential reference to something really nice I thought.
    'Reminds me of/sounds like Misaki's "好いとーよ" line in KIV oshi. Which is Fukuoka dialect for 'I love you' I think? Maybe a refence to that idk.'
    https://twitter.com/DeJureDM/status/700655532978393088

I think perhaps it's better to know what Japanese people make of it before judging it. But what is most important is how mgmt play this, will it be a b-side? Something for just lives? Will they be marketed as a separate entity like NO3B?
    (梅どこ?)

3. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    48G latest sub unit names aren't really better either ... tentomuchu, dendenmuchu, kabutomuchu ...

No to sound too pessimistic, but I don't see how they can have a long term career plan (in idol standards) without the help of an agency.
    Hope they won't end up like the others I mentioned though.

4. Momentosis

Momentosis Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    the (bug)chu names are great.

5. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Yeah, not sure if this ranks a thread in the "news and release" section. Even if it does, the thread title needs to follow format. Will lock thread while we decide what to do with it.

Edit: Okay, we are re-opening the thread because technically it IS news. However, I have cleaned up the OP to be more in format with what an OP like this should look like. Organized, informational, and not mixed with opinions.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  6. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    I hope that this band will get a B-side on 7th single. I mean, why made them choose a name if it would end up without any actual purpose?

7. SoothingEarthDragon

SoothingEarthDragon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    There is a member who is in charge of causing drama? I know that Motomura tends to take things hard and over-react, often crying when she doesn't need to, but...

Oh, wait. By any chance did you mean "drums"?

8. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    @SoothingEarthDragon thank you for that correction! I don't know why I put drama. It might have been autocorrect. Lol

9. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    Probably because in the original AKB48 Daily post they said the same thing :p I remember reacting the same way before it was edited: "Motomura Aoi on drama? I know she tends to cry a lot but..." [hehe]

As unlikely as it's going to be I would love to see them have a song on a HKT B-side, MV and all! I always want more bands formed from 48G members, and still waiting for a Battle of the Bands between the sister groups :D

10. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    I feel kinda bumped that they don't get anything on the 7th single. Not even sure why they even went through the hassle to give the band an actual name if they wouldn't ever use it.

11. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    Maybe they didn't have the time to put something together for this single!Then again are they really considered like a subunit like let's say NO3B?Maybe they're meant to just do live performances or considered like a side project!

12. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    Frankly, it has never been stated clearly haha, although it can be considered unofficial subunit like ImomuCHU! since they performed at the theater 4th anniversary event.

13. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    needs more cowbell

14. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    Lol since Rikoppi is on the singing,I can imagine her messing around with a cowbell!

15. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    HAHAHA totally, oh how i would love to see that