1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

HKT48's 2nd single center & senbatsu, who do you want?

Discussion in 'General HKT48 Discussion' started by .SK., Jun 13, 2013.

?

Who do you want as center for HKT48's 2nd single.

1. Sashihara Rino

9 vote(s)
    6.2%
  2. Kodama Haruka

53 vote(s)
    36.3%
  3. Miyawaki Sakura

24 vote(s)
    16.4%
  4. Tashima Meru

30 vote(s)
    20.5%
  5. Another member

20 vote(s)
    13.7%
  6. Double center incl. any of the above

10 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    ^ She's gotta prove it if she wants to be center even if it's only a B-side track. [hehe]

2. winxred12

winxred12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    I think anya would be a great center for a energetic song. When she performs Glory Day, although she isn't the center of the unit confidence and energy oozes out of her but I would love to see her in a serious song like amend pianist, skirt hirari or something like blue rose

3. undine235

undine235 Kenkyuusei

I don't think HKT is a group that has to have a single center; this group is so fresh and energetic, that every girl shines! A Wcenter or even tri center sounds perfect. Even though some girls are vastly more popular than others, the fact is that when they're all together, I can never focus on just one girl because I can feel the girls working together and being a cohesive group. My only hope is that they put tomonaga mio in the second row, she deserves it for being so cute <3

4. tashime

tashime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kumi
    Twitter:
    cizzuhan
    I definitely go with their line up from Suki! Suki!Skip! pv, with Meru as a center, and Kodama with Sakura as her wings, this form is nearly perfect for HKT because of their Fresh and Energetic aura (man i really love this front-line combination). Love-nee, Natsu, Madoka, and Sashi in their back, or maybe we can mix it with Mio, Marina, Mai.

well,it's just my opinion tho :^^;: :^^;:

5. Mimi-chan

Mimi-chan Kenkyuusei

Well,
    I would love to see Meru as center again
    or W center Haruppi&Sakura

6. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

I actually agree with this... the SukiSukiSkip line-up was nearly perfect IMO. Meru, Sakura & Haruppi is such a strong trio to have up front with Meru’s raw shining energy supported by Sakura’s dependable strength and Haruppi’s cute likeability on either side. Then you balance them out with the ranking senpais… Sasshi and Lovetan. The only thing I would do is move Mioten up closer to the front. [rock]

7. tashime

tashime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kumi
    Twitter:
    cizzuhan
    [​IMG]

i love this position (Mio shoul be in Kyappu position, beetwen Love-san and Madoka)

8. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

Well... I guess she's closer to the front now. :lol: :lol: :lol: Congrats Mio... ganbatte. [rock]

9. winxred12

winxred12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    It seems like we will having Mio and Meru as w center

10. .SK.

.SK. Kenkyuusei

After various failed attempts by members to bring the discussion over here in order top prevent chaos in the single's thread, I would like to take the initiative.

I'm sorry I have nothing more to add. I just quoted this for the absolute and greatest truth. If any more fans question why center is still a lingering matter for Haruppi fans, I urge you to dwell over the first point very well. Just so that whenever we have the center discussion, the same question as to why we still hope for her return and why were so insecure about her place even though she's still front doesn't pop up everytime.

I might add to that,

Please don't act like center and being #2 is just standing in a geographically different position. If HKT was like it's sister groups where if you were 2nd or WCenter then that means you're safe cause they ship their centers in a pack of 2 everywhere, you know very well it's not the case. Being #2 and center (#1) that's the line between becoming an AKB senbatsu and doing all the media work along with kami members, simply because HKT doesn't market their center as a double one yet. Thus enforcing the idea that Haruppi is always a center candidate and that she once was so people won't forget is only natural so that she won't fall out of competition for the currently only one spot for HKT in AKB. If it happens that the management decides to ignore Sasshi's place in AKB as an HKT member and brings in two HKT like every other group as representatives, then I guess it will be over for good. But even now, that chance also narrowed with Mio seizing #2. So you can understand why we argued in the fist place about her even being 2nd. Because if you're not center nothing is granted for you, not in this group. You could continue fading away, descending in ranks by day, line ups as you can see change every other while, center is completely on a different level in HKT, the way it's marketed, the way it's worshiped, it's only natural that we want that great of a spot for Haruppi because we feel like she missed her chance to be in the same spotlight without being given it fairly.

The new AKB single lineup will prove if this is true or not.

*Please continue with this discussion if you think you're here with an open mind set, less bashing on other members and more open minded thoughts, everyone's opinion will be greatly respected if they in return respect others'*

11. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    My thoughts about the center(s) of the 2nd Single "Melon Juice":

I want to start with the two centers, Meru & Mio.

With regards to Meru. Well, she isn't my oshi (or still isn't my oshi yet). Honestly, I don't really like her but I don't hate her either. Since the time when it was announced that she will be the center for their 1st single, I've already accepted that fact that she will be the center of HKT48 for a long time and most likely be the center for the most of their future singles including this. So, there's no hard feelings for her. What's good is that Meru has what it takes to be the center and I'm satisfied with it.

Now about Mio. She's one of my oshis, so I am very much satisfied with her being one of the centers. Well, for her, I was also expecting to see her being center for some of their future singles. But honestly speaking, I wasn't expecting it to be this early. I can see why some are ranting about her being in the center position while others especially Haruppi and Sakura deserves it more. But what's so good about Mio is that she actually recognizes this and still humbles herself (I think her post in her G+ is the one of reasons why there is actually more hate for Meru than her though it's not like Meru is bragging herself just because she didn't post something like that).

Now for the two "should be" centers (according to some), Haruppi and Sakura.

With regards to Haruppi. She's also one of my oshis, in fact, in a much higher tier than Mio. Of course I feel disappointed because she was not given again a chance to be the center for their 2nd single. But on the other hand, I'm not that much disappointed because she is now part of team A and that means more privilege and more exposure than usual.

And now for Sakura. Even though she isn't my oshi (or still isn't my oshi yet), I was so shocked. Maybe most of us haven't seen it coming since she hasn't mentioned her disappointments this much before. I guess anyone who will read her reaction in G+ would really feel the same way too. It sucks. Really. I hate it whenever there are members who are having so much disappointment and much worst, when they cry. I mean, it was never really wrong that she had so much expectations about being the next center for this single since she had the highest rank among any HKT48 members (excluding Sasshi) in the sousenkyo. Not only her, but her fans also expected the same thing. Though I am quite glad that she has already moved on and now aiming to shine brighter even if she isn't the center. Ganbatte Sakura! [rock]

Just a message for the fans:

For those who are upset because Haruppi wasn't the center (particularly those who are upset that Meru is the center again), there's no need to bash (or indirectly bash if you are not realizing it) Meru and her fans (I actually think that we were the ones who startled the Meru fans). Haruppi is actually in a better situation than Meru since she is now part of team A. She may not be the center but at least she has the privilege to appear and participate in AKB48's PVs and activities particularly in team A. So there's no need to whine, not being the center for their 2nd single doesn't mean she will never be a center for all the future singles to come, of course she will always have a chance.

Now for us who are upset because Sakura wasn't the center, we should move on. But not necessarily forget the incident, I'm also not saying that we should always remember it, but we should use it as a drive in supporting her more. She has already found a new motivation, and that is to shine brighter and I think what's really in her mind right now is to actually shine brighter than the center itself. We no longer need to be upset for her but instead, we should support her in her new goal. But of course, we can never stop in anticipating the time when she will be a center of their future singles.

And of course to everyone, I hope we can all support our two centers for this new single, Meru and Mio. For the fans of Meru, it's good see that you are defending your oshi, but like what I've said to those who didn't like Meru as a center too, you don't need bash (or indirectly bash if you are not realizing it) to anyone, though I'm not pertaining to all Meru fans. I mean, you can always defend her in a way that others will actually appreciate her more and not in a way that other feels like you are bragging about her. So keep on supporting and keep on spreading your love for her. And for the fans of Mio including myself, Mio is now in need of more support than ever. Let's keep on supporting her so that she can gain confidence and the doubts in her heart can finally be gone.

Just some off-topic (I don't know if I should post this in here or in the Melon Juice thread). My real disappointment is that, I think, the management didn't successfuly balanced the senbatsu for this single. I know that they really want the 2nd gen to be strong but replacing four 1st gen members with 2nd gen members was too much since they've already made the two centers both coming from the 2nd gen. And what's worst for me is that one of those four is my kami-oshi for HKT48, Wakaharu. The same goes with Chiyori, I mean, she really deserves to be in there because she was one of those who have really made the face of HKT48.

I'll just have a question. Will there be an undergirls-like song for the sides of their new single? Because if there will be something like that, I really hope that Chiyori will be the center for that and the other three, Wakaharu, Shinamon and Nao will be in the front row, especially for Wakaharu since she's always been there at the back before.

To think that this will actually be my first post here in this forum, HKT48 must really be that special for me. :)

12. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    ^ Welcome to Stage48 and to the HKT forums! :)

Well there's 9 Team H members and 9 KKS in the senbatsu, so it's pretty well balanced between the two groups. Even the front row has 2 of each. And yes, this should probably be in the Melon Juice thread. :)

As far as I know, they haven't released any information about B-sides yet. We'll have to wait a little longer.

13. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    Thanks for that welcome, I greatly appreciate it. :)

Oh, ok. Thanks for clarifying that to me. Though I really hope that in the B-sides, those members who were not able to make it in senbatsu, especially the four who were replaced, will be there.

14. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    Maybe the title of the thread should be changed? Because I'm pretty sure there will be many people who want to discuss / debate / argue about the centers & senbatsu members even for the 3rd single and so on. [hehe]

I can't choose who I prefer to be HKT's center, but this 'vague' situation of HKT will make everything more interesting (okay, we all know that Akimoto wants Tashima, so it's not vague at all, but let's just say it is vague :D for the sake of my post)

They are very innovative & different:

SKE48: Matsui Rena & Matsui Jurina: The two top of SKE, the double center of SKE, the leaders of Akagumi and Shirogumi (well, they used to be, but then again, 14 carats & 7 dancers are no different from the gumis :p ), they are also the SKE representatives in AKB singles.

Yamamoto Sayaka & Watanabe Miyuki: The two top of NMB, the double center of NMB, the leaders of Akagumi and Shirogumi, they are also the NMB representatives in AKB singles.

But what about HKT?
    Their two highest ranking members are Sashihara Rino & Miyawaki Sakura. The double center are Tashima Meru and (Kodama Haruka or Tomonaga Mio). The leaders of Shirogumi & Akagumi (aka Umakuchi hime & Amakuchi hime) are Kodama Haruka & Miyawaki Sakura. The (only) HKT representative in AKB singles are Sashihara Rino (for now). They're different than SKE & NMB. They don't heavily rely on two members only.

HKT's second generation members are also more prominent in their group compared to NMB's second generation to NMB. HKT has Tashima & Tomonaga, while the only prominent NMB's second generation is Yagura Fuuko; her peers are far behind her. [hehe]

I hope their third generation member comes before their third single :D

15. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    I don't know, it seems like a bit of petty arguement, i mean what do you expect would happen if she did get center the first single, that she would get the spotlight and than be able to prove that she should always be center. She could have also not pulled it off. She could be hated for being the girl that took the center position from Sakura, she wouldn't have that victims mentality that fans see in her, she could just be that weak center that people have seen her as.

16. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    I agree, it should be changed so that this will be a common topic for the senbatsu discussion from here on out.

It's not because HKT don't rely heavily on 2 members but because I think that Sasshi is the only one who can represent HKT for now even if she doesn't center for HKT. AKB's main priority is their own members first and sister groups 2nd.

17. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Something like: "Who is the true ace of HKT48?" Such a debate could just go on forever. Is it Sasshi? Kodama? Miyawaki? Tashima? Tomonaga?

[ramble]
    We may just have to accept that post Maeda Atsuko AKB48 and sister groups are so full of beautiful, talented, interesting, funny girls that there will only be aces that last for 2 or 3 singles until the next is found. When there was only AKB48 they needed a face to represent the group. Now with all the sister groups, the entire teams and units are the attraction. I want to think this idea out more with some research into the types of idol groups that were popular at the time of AKB48's start. But I would have to understand more about how AKB48 compares other idol groups with many members like HelloProject.
    [/ramble]

Anyway, my bet is that Meru/Mio are the double aces. Kodama/Miyawaki will be uber-popular pillar members sort of like Shinoda/Kojima. Sasshi is the manager/ glue a la Takamina (only diff. is that Takamina is also the vocals of so many AKB48 songs). Not sure who fills this role for HKT48 singles but I suspect there is a reason Fuchigami is included on all major releases.

18. Parikkuren

Parikkuren Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

^ I have nothing to say except that I completely agree with what you've said.

The only problem with it specifically to HKT is that it seems like Haruppi and Sakura don't see that, or they haven't realized it yet. It's heartbreaking to watch but you have to admire their fighting spirit.

19. Sadia23

Sadia23 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sadia_alice
    First things first.. Hello everyone, I decided to sign up after only reading here for some time. (^~^)/

Considering how these girls are brought up I do think they pretty much know where they stand. The thing is... from their perspective I can fully understand them.
    They worked for a year and made HKT a whole new group with the help of Sasshi/Rabu over time. They had to fight for getting known, as they were (and sadly maybe still are) the sister group with the lowest appeal to most fans. Then they get the opportunity of releasing their first single and "out of the blue" their new junior is selected as center.
    Dont get me wrong, I do understand the decision and I dont hate either Mio or Meru (I actually do love Mio really much), but if I were in their places, I'm pretty sure, that would make me really sad, too.
    And as Sakuratan is my #1 girl and I do care much for her, reading her honest thoughts made me sad, too.

But I know Mio/Meru will make a good double center, I know HKT centers are different from the other groups centers and I know that Haruppi/Sakura have the strength to never give up and shine no matter if they are center or "just" at the wings. They still do and will get lots and lots of screentime.
    Besides... seeing Sakura dancing like there is no tomorrow (honestly this girl is energy pure lol) during Melon Juice, seeing her not at the center, but right behind it is probably a better choice [hehe] .

20. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Guten tag mein Freund! Willkommen zu diesem Thema!

You are right. Before being idols, they are girls after all. It's natural to feel sad when you don't get what you want, even after doing so much effort to earn it. You know it's not against the one who took your place, but still...down inside of your heart it aches.

It reminds me of Yuko, after Acchan won the third election. She put a bright smile, thanked her fans, congratulated Acchan. Acchan and her are close friend, no hard feelings. But in backstage, she burst into tears in the arm of Mariko. She showed so much strength to everyone till the last moment, then she genuinely cried for loosing her center position.

i have to admit it surprised me from Sakura to express her honest feelings like this, since it was Haruppi's move back at Hatsukoi butterfly release (and also the first concerned). While sakura really spoke her mind, Haruppi showed her "strong" figure and positively face another "disappointment".

All we can do is to support our girls the best we can do, so they stay strong facing adversity. We need to be with them instead of blaming management, much more inefficient than sending letters or showing support via handshake events.