1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Hopes, Fears, and Predictions for 2017 (Keyakizaka46)

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Hitagi

Hitagi Kenkyuusei

Hopes:
    • Mega concert with Nogizaka46
    • Berika talking more in varieties

Fears:
    • Exhaustion (e.g Hirate) showing on interviews being misinterpreted negatively

Predictions:
    • Yurina X Risa W-Center
    • Overseas Concert
    • Techi, Mona, Risa PB

2. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Higashimura Mei
    I personally kind of doubt an overseas concert. Even if there was one, they don't seem to terribly popular in the west, the next place they are most popular in after Japan I can think of based on what I have heard about the fanbase is China. But maybe I am wrong.

3. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I think they should start small, if they want to do overseas concert. Perhaps Taiwan would be a good starting point since Japanese culture is rather popular there. Also, they've got Mirei! Korea, perhaps? Indonesia is another candidate, although I'm not sure how popular they are in the country. They have Ushio, that could perhaps help break the ice.

4. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Higashimura Mei
    With Mirei, Ushio, and Takase, these countries are possible-

France, Indonesia, Taiwan, Germany, China, Singapore, US, any US possessions, UK, and any commonwealth nations (Canada, Australia, Falklands, etc.).

Does Mirei speak Korean though? Wiki48 says only Chinese as a second language.

5. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    No, I don't think so. I only mentioned Korea because I think they have some cultural similarities.

As for Western countries, I still have my doubts. Unless they perform in a special occasion like an anime festival or something. I might be wrong, but I am not sure westerners in general appreciate their appeal.

6. AdrianEHS

AdrianEHS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nagasawananako
    There is quite sizeable fan base in indonesia but i dont think its enough for a concert, i think taiwan is a good place to start

7. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Higashimura Mei
    Yeah I was mainly thinking in terms of members who happen to speak a foreign language and not popularity.

Keyakichan is more of a "normal" music group compared to say, 48G, minus the handshake events, so perhaps they will catch on eventually, albeit not something like Taylor Swift level popularity but more like BABYMETAL-ish.

8. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    No, not in the US. Without getting into exhaustive detail about BM's crossover appeal a major factor for their success is they work in a niche genre that had gotten pretty moribund and needed a good swift kick in the ass. Keya works in more traditional Pop if the Koreans (who do a pretty close facsimile of Western Pop/R&B) can't breakthrough other than one time as a novelty, no traditional style Japanese Idol group will.

• Like Like x 1
  9. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    yep, in indonesia people who like nogi are basically akb fans that change allegiance, but only like half of them, while the others either retired or still like akb

10. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Higashimura Mei
    Eventually was underlined for a reason :p

11. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

Also, language knowledges of members have nothing to do with potential for overseas concerts. AKB did close to zero efforts to be known in the States although for example Hirata Rina was fluent/native in English (which is a shame that they didn't use this until NogiEigo but the members don't determine the possibilites in this regard).

Nogizaka did a performance on Japan Expo 2014, there are many videos and reports of it. It had some certain reason/background why they performed there though (from what I've read, I think there was a sponsor or something? @gocchisama knows a thing or two about it, don't you?). As much as I'd wish for international expansion not only for Keyakizaka but also for Japanese artists in general, I don't see it happen soon, particularly considering that the idol genre is close to unmarketable in western countries.

12. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Higashimura Mei
    Hence why I said "Yeah I was mainly thinking in terms of members who happen to speak a foreign language and not popularity", implying I realized that known language of the members really only matters when in comes to whether there will be any interaction between the audience and the members during the concert.

Perhaps I should have been more clear :^^;:

13. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Not eventually, not ever.

14. Nuneul

Nuneul Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Hopes
    - keeping up the music quality
    - joint live show or variety show with Nogi
    - first overseas live (Japan Expo Paris, Taiwan, etc)
    - Yuichans first official single
    - more activities for Hiragana
    - first center rotation
    - outside activities for less proeminent members (more acting for Ishimori, Oda in a variety show, Habu & Uemura modeling, Aoi in a cooking show, Nagasawa-kun in a show about idol culture...)

Fears
    - Hirate gets too exhausted
    - no center/1st row rotation, which creates huge frustration between members
    - EDM A-side
    - they are forced to ditch the rebellious teen image for a classical idol image and now sung about shallow things
    - major scandal
    - Hiragana and 3rd row still get overlooked by popular members and desn't get any spotlight

Predictions
    - first graduation
    - first group photobook
    - joint live show with Nogi

@Meiji Ishin : BiS aren't the original anti-idols, they just brought back the concept and got a little further. the first of all was the solo idol Togawa Jun in the 80's (BiSKaidan covered her song Suki Suki Daisuki)

15. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Higashimura Mei
    Remember, this is speculation, and no one can predict the future.

For all we know, Ishimori Nijika is planning to announce her graduation tomorrow.

16. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    You
    You are right Keya hitting in the US does not break any laws of physics so it's technically possible, but there is a better chance that I win the lottery and get hit by lightning on the same day.

17. boffyee

boffyee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Hopes
    - A Tv drama or Tv show with nogizaka46 (46Bingo)
    -Shida manaka center
    -shida manaka and watanabe risa sing a song in the new single
    -Anounced A senbatsu election together with nogi.
    -Another center
    -A talent competition with nogi performance singing and dancing
    -A sport competition with nogizaka46.
    -a smart competition with nogi

Sorry for writing so much nogi but I really want to see them together

:cute::cute::worthy::worthy:

18. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Higashimura Mei
    Under the current circumstances, yes it's very unlikely. VERY unlikely.

But (as an example) after hundreds of years of "proper" culture, society (in both the east and the west, maybe minus the middle east) has gone from women being shunned from society for even showing too much shoulder to having enormous images of women in all sorts of different clothing plastered across buildings, in magazines, and on TV in practically less than a century (not to mention the innovation of TV in it's current form was relatively unthinkable one hundred years ago).

The point is, anything can happen.

19. Hamacchi

Hamacchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Hopes:
    • Live Tour
    • Lively Summer Single (Techi mentioned this before that she wanted a lively song like Girls' Rules)
    • Hiraganas to appear on KeyaKake/KEYABINGO
    • Keyaki Photobook
    • Mona and Risa unit
    • A 32-nin Senbatsu (I know this is too much, but I want to see them as a whole, at least once.)
    • New Drama/Variety Show
    • New Center
    • Keyaki will reach 700,000 sale or more by the end of this year.
    • Another song like Te wo Tsunaide Kaerouka
    Fears:
    • Scandals that will lead them on leaving the group
    • Techi causing some various misunderstandings due to exhaustion
    • Accidents (during performances or not)
    • Another costume scandal
    • Conflict inside the group
    • Early Graduation
    • Kennin position between N46 and K46 (especially 48Group)
    Predictions:
    • Live Tour
    • At least one or two will debut as a model
    • Someone will either go on hiatus or graduate (I hope not)
    • 4th Single will be used as 「LAGUNA MUSIC FES.2017」 's CM theme song (if there's any)
    • A new solo/unit will be born this year

20. yonjuroku

yonjuroku Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    wanting japanese idol to perform world tour concert is a dubious. from start, Aki-p wanting to create idol group from japan, for japan, and by japanese people only. no matter how hard their member can speak english, being MC in Korean and English learning program, but their focus is just for Japanese. sad for us the intl fans but that's the reality