1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Hopes, Fears, and Predictions for AKB48 in 2012/13

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Discothèque, Dec 18, 2011.

1. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Re: Hopes, Fears, and Predictions for AKB48 in 2012?

Whatever that PV shows, I don't think it will be more 'scandalous' than Heavy rotation...

2. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

^I disagree. As controversial as HebiRote is in the west, I've never heard any japanese source bringing it up fpr being racy or anything like that, they just think it's cute and sexy but that's it.

This PV, however, has way different connotations. In HebiRote all of the girls were friends and touchy with each other because they were having fun at a pyjama party, but here it's about girls who are really in love with other girls, that alone makes it different already.

3. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan

Hope:
    - A Full 16-people Team 4
    - A single with all members in the song

Fear:
    - the #15 ranking curse ....

Prediction:
    Another new sister team to come ... :hmm:

4. karles48

Well, I didn't understand the lyrics, so I was only speaking about the images. However, if it's about love among girls, Sakura no hanabiratachi 2008 already had something about that (unless I misunderstood that part of the PV, of course :dunno: )

5. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin

Is it really that controversial in Japan? In Europe we already did the whole underage lesbian kissing thing some 10 years ago with those Russian girls who did a real good job in pretending they were real lesbians They kissed like they meant it. This just looks like they are looking for a scandal. It's all too fake for me.

6. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami

Personally, as far as controversial songs go, I think Seifuku ga jama wo suru pretty much did it. C'mon singing about "having an adult kind of fun" and "the uniform is getting in the way" and Tomochin waiting outside a love hotel or Acchan getting picked up by an old man, all in High school uniforms... I'd say that's pretty damn scandalous. And yeah, it's the kind of "scandal" (if we'd call it that) that's just there to generate attention.

Now a real scandal would be something like someone ending up pregnant or something, or at least someone getting caught with some real yuri goin on. :popcorn:

But no, I'd never wish for such a thing... :fear: :fear: :fear:

I don't think anyone in AKB is immune from scandals.

7. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

The yuri theme in Kataomoi should be about as 'scandalous' as Hebirote was. Meaning, foreign fans will make a big deal but the Japanese probably not so much. From what I've read before, a romantic bond between girls when they're young isn't really seen as much of a taboo as it's seen as a 'phase' they would eventually grow out of once they enter the adult world then marry like proper Japanese women. This is just what I've gotten from the mountains of Yuri manga I've read though so don't quote me on that. [hehe] I don't think we'll have to worry about this resulting in a full blown scandal, but it'll definitely cause some controversy. I have a feeling that young girls are going to love it.

8. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin

About 2012 again. I think Aki-p just might have some tricks up his sleeve. Just when you think things are getting a bit dull he might come up with something big and controversial. Something than we can't even think of.

Also it doesn't look good for Warota7 at the moment with both Mayuyu and Wasamin going Solo.

9. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

HOPES:

- Team 4 is recognized as a real Team :)
    - AKB48 will continue on for another few years
    - More chances for lower senbatsu girls and/or Under-girls to appear in shows /media appearances ;)
    - More Amina and Sayaka... Yes, please :awesome:
    - Group may keep its popularity for awhile longer
    - Yukirin's senbatsu ranking goes up! :hehe:
    - Yui's senbantsu ranking goes up!
    - Yuko beats Acchan, again! [rock]

FEARS:

- Mariko may graduate
    - Other members may graduate
    - Possible re-shuffling of teams if anyone in (media) senbatsu graduates
    - Songs will get a bit boring and repetitive
    - Popularity may have plateaued and begins its descent

PREDICTIONS:

- Who knows what any the girls or management will do so let's enjoy the ride [party]
    - There may be at least 1 girl who'll graduate so it'll be sad when it happens (but not terribly as many people expect it) but the group will go on

10. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

Well, he's definitely kicking off 2012 with an interesting start with the sister groups. NMB's virginity, SKE's homosexuality, JKT's Hebirote (which is actually looking pretty good), SDN's graduation, and of course, the Rivals' debut... it's giving me some hope that the flagship will follow suit and we won't get 2010 three times over.

I'm concerned for Warota7 but not for Warota, Mayuyu's solo doesn't look like it'll turn into a full blown career but is more of a promotional thing for her show like Maachun's or Risako Suguya's was. She may sing a few more themes for it but I'd be surprised if it went any further than that. Wasamin however, has definitely gone solo so I wonder if she's going to actually try to balance her solo activities with AKB and Warota or make a clean break from the latter. Warota6, anyone? :awesome:

11. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

^I really really hope with all my heart and soul that 2012 isn't another 2010 but AKB has already announced a sakura single xD

12. karles48

Really? Well, I understand that many people aren't happy to know that...but I love Sakura songs... [notme]

13. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I don't have a personal issue with sakura songs. I have a personal issue with the lack of originality in AKB this year (and at least for the first single of next year). Even the B-sides and CM tie ins stayed the same as last year. I'm just not thrilled about that tbh.

14. GATX105

GATX105 Member

well 2011 is their best year so far so I'm good with more of the same. :)

They can't really change a lot when all cylinders are clicking but I know you have to make some changes to keep from being stagnant. And there were quite a bit of new things that are perhaps overlooked such as the new sub units (which were the best selling ones last year), the solos of tomo and maeda who were the top solo female acts, nmb, and ske went into higher gear. :)

And for 2012 we already have mayuyu single, mayuyu drama and mayuyu anime. [hehe]
    And I also think they're not starting a solo career for mayu but just had her sing the theme song for her drama. Maybe if it does real well.

:)

15. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I'm just talking about AKB the core group, because that's what I follow the most. Certainly a lot of stuff happened this year, but it mostly had nothing to do with AKB the core group per se (except for Team 4, let's hope they get that one right next year) but with individual members and sister groups/rivals/subunits etc.

I understand that this was their most successful year, and I'm really happy for them, but the same thing since 2009 is not as exciting for me anymore.

I also understand that there's a 99.9% chance that they won't change anything next year, at least when it comes to the singles (and well, who knows about stages since the girls are busier than ever with a million things that keep them from rehearsing. It was difficult enough to get them to learn new stages in 2010 I can't even imagine them trying to do it in 2012. And also Akimoto has no time to write 48 new songs in a sitting while he still has to write all the singles of every single group)

So yeah, I understand all of it, I just wish it were different *shrugs*

16. GATX105

GATX105 Member

^
    oic. :)

I guess you can discount the sister group activities but I sorta count the subunit activities as akb since they are akb subunits. In the same way that I look at the team activities, senbatsu activities, etc, as akb ones.

I think it's likely we'll have more of the same as far as akb the group. The different things will likely be in what individual members do on their own on in small groups --- like dramas, movies and other special projects like the anime.

:)

17. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

^yeah, it's still interesting to see what Akimoto will pull out of his sleeve regardless xD

18. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin

I just hope Aki-P used the past two years for writing 3 or 4 new stages. I would probably be satisfied if they just gave team 4 a new stage!
    And maybe we have a different kind of Sakura single this time around. I just don't want to be too pessimistic about 2012 yet as we don't have a clue what is going to happen.

19. areyoume

areyoume Kenkyuusei

i'm just hoping for new stages, i'm bored with the current one already :XD:

and i hope Yukirin will maintain in the top 7 in 2012 senbatsu sosenkyou [clap]

20. KyuketsuNyanNyan

KyuketsuNyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

Personally, I just hope for more records being broken by AKB sales-wise (that is, if there's anymore left to be broken :lol: )

[Also hoping that Yukirin gets into the Janken Senbatsu next year [hehe]]