1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Hopes, Fears, and Predictions for AKB48 in 2012/13

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Discothèque, Dec 18, 2011.

1. tokyolucifer

tokyolucifer Kenkyuusei

Re: Hopes, Fears, and Predictions for AKB48 in 2012?

- I thought it's common sense. I remember that even Rena, Mayu, Sashihara predicted it. Don't know about others.

That just like normal election with SKE on the title. If it happens, I'm totally going to support it. I mean changing from "AKB48 General Election" to SKE48 General Election", how much publicity can one get. I can imagine hardcore AKB fans flipping over tables though...

2. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

@Discothèque: I really should stop going immediately to the last page of the thread *didn't realize you were the OP* :fp:, thanks for the okay. :)

And this:

Would be the most epic troll of the century. :awesome:

Prediction time:

-N3 Shonichi. Mid-Spring. First original stage of the year. (this pretty much already is in motion 8D)

-Jurina's rank drops to UG

-Rena enters Top 8 in election (DNW but I feel it could really happen :fp: )

-Sayanee ranks senbatsu in election

-Shawako becomes the new "3rd wheel" in the SKE hierarchy

-M1 Shonichi.

-E2 Shonichi. B4 or S3 (if it begins after S4).

-S4 Shonichi. October again like KII3.

-SKE 1st week sales hit 500K

-Shortly after S4 begins, Akimoto says he's writing for E3. E fans lost their shit and are left in a excited tizzy well into 2013.

-NMB outsells SKE overall by end of the year

-BII is formed by end of the year

3. taku

taku Kenkyuusei

hopes: come to indonesia with full senbatsu :lol:
    fear: one of my fav member graduated
    predict: another record breaker, bakamina got her solo :XD:

4. Hugh B Hayve

Hugh B Hayve Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Reia Yanase

Prediction time!
    Acchan graduates. Justin Bieber breaks up with Selena Gomez, The Biebster and Acchan hook up and get married. They have dancing, singing and performing super-babies that are cloned in the basement of Akihabara by Aki-P's scientists....within 20 years every small town on the planet has a xxx48 branch...Aki-P rules the world! The off shoot to all this is that the zombie apoc-a-lips is luckily averted and world peace is finally achieved.

Just kidding! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

But seriously, I think that in 2012 there will be a major overhaul of the entire AKB48 brand, I truly believe, after time-lining all the video I've watched on the group, that the girls have reached a new level in the quality of their performances. Some of the shows they put on this year totally blow away anything they've done (that I have seen anyway) previously (eg, Japan Live Aid, their Christmas show, that massive show on Dec, 31, etc.). I'm thinking that AKi-P will form an elite unit, with all other members falling in line in the group hierarchy behind them. There will also name and designation changes in the sub-units and smaller one-time type groupings. But above all I am sure of one prediction, continued success!

5. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I'm really interested in this year's elections. All I want is for Maeda to not be number one again, I don't even care who overtakes her lol I'm bored of AKB as is, I need a big shakeup.

6. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

Totally agree!

It's time for some shake up in the AKB ranks.
    I'm expecting some announcement at the end of the Setlist concert event coming up soon... maybe a graduation or... team shuffles :yikes:

The last shuffle kind of... sucked!
    Most of the popular members are in Team A, Team B is rising in popularity while Team K is beginning to languish (Go Team K <3 ) while Team 4 is still in limbo :hmm:

Let some girls graduate (we all have an idea who should graduate ***cough**oldermembers***cough), form Team 8, do a shuffling of members with some popular members going into Team 8 and promoting some KKS girls :XD:

Management loves trolling fans. It's looking for "reform" so just do it :fear: :lol:

7. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin

I really want change too but that is the one thing that I really don't care too much about since it's a decision made by the fans. I would like Aki-P and the management to make different decisions and bring out new ideas this year. Nothing would change at all if Acchan would get 2nd place instead of 1st and Yuko takes her place again.

8. petelechem

petelechem Kenkyuusei

I watched the 3rd senbatsu sousenkyou last night and OMG, it's so emotional. Makes me feel really bad for the girls who's ranks drop or the others who don't make it. I wouldn't be too opposed to it not making a comeback. It's too much stress to put the girls under.

All the ones that dropped rank got loads more votes than they did other years, but all they recognised was the rank. Kind hard to express myself but the rank shouldn't be everything to them. It doesn't mean they didn't work their best or got less support, just that others got more support.

Honestly, I think it's a little cruel...

9. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I've hated the elections ever since 2009, but it's a major selling point of AKB right now, so it's highly unlikely that they will go away :S

10. petelechem

petelechem Kenkyuusei

I was a bit worried that Yui may actually pass out on stage or something, poor girl could hardly breath and the announcer guy was like, "come on tell your fans how much you appreciate them"

And Tomochin you could just see how heartbroken she was to have dropped rank, when she sat down and just let her hair fall over her face with her head dropped down.

Suppose I should stay on topic, not done this yet, so now is a good time I suppose.

Hopes:
    T4 gets filled and becomes more recognised and appreciated.
    Sasshi's single does really well and proves all the people trashing her wrong.
    Wasamin's single sells well

Fears:
    One or more of my favourite members graduates (Pretty sure every fan fears this)
    AKB loses too much momentum to keep going
    Too many other OOO48 groups putting people off of supporting the franchise

Predictions:
    Miichan remains the best member of AKB48 ;) :)

11. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin

This is my biggest wish. Team 4 gets overlooked too much. They are cool. Everyone talking about missing ori team a/k/b should give them a chance. And they actually perform at the theater

12. Kokuhaku

Kokuhaku Kenkyuusei

You just can't change it. The management has already decided. See the last election, Acchan got promoted like crazy just before the election. I went to the shop and saw her face on the covers of most magazines available. If they do it again this year, no surprise that they want her to get the position. She's the face of AKB as it is, you just can't replace a face easily
    People say that it depends on the fans' vote but when you think about it, as AKB recently has gained many more casual fans, their votes are very important just as the wotas'. And most of them are familiar with Acchan so she 's for sure gonna get a lot of votes from casual fans
    But yes, let's see, I personally think that a new face may overtake both Acchan and Yuko. So we will have another icon after Yuko's Heavy rotation and Acchan's everything [hehe]

13. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

Personally i don't care about 1 or 2 since it doesn't make a difference, but if the following happened i would consider the next election to be really interesting:
    - 3-4 members of Kami7 don't rank within top7
    - 3 members break into top 7, one of them ranking around the 20-30 the year before.
    - 10 or more members make elections this year.
    - none of team4 rank.
    - Minegishi ranks around 35 or not at all.
    - Asuka ranks with the top 15.
    - Chikano Rina and Tanabe Miku getting a huge net campaign formed by their fans to encourage people to vote for them and thus ranking in the election.
    - Maeda and Oshima rank 1 and 2, but that gap from 1-10 is within 150 votes (basically a close top 10)
    - 2 members actually tie for 40 getting an obscure number like 3853 resulting in 41 members participating in the single.
    Than i can say that the election would be super interesting.

14. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin

^ Why don't you like team 4?

I'll give you good odds on that bet. I'll bet that one of Yuko or Acchan wil get #1 and you get all the other girls

15. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

No one really grabs me, plus if they don't rank than maybe producers will stop giving the team4 members so much air footage.

16. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin

^Maybe if team 4 members fail to rank they will give team 4 girls more airtime. They're only on shows if none of the others members are available anyway.

17. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

Realistically speaking .. #1 and #2 will probably be Acchan & Yuko again this year. But secretly, I kind of hope Yukirin will rank #1 just so Aki-P can no longer ignore her ... :D

Fujie Reina will most likely rank higher this year due to her Ue Kara Mariko exposure.

I imagine many SKE & NMB members will also get ranked. Like Kanon, Milky, Nana for example.

Sashiko will most likely get into Kami7. And I guess that means Kojiharu will drop out of Kami7. Yeah, I imagine Takamina will stay in it ... Why? Of course simply because she's my oshimen. [hehe]

Oh and I forgot Yui .. I imagine she'll rise up to Top 12. [nod]

YES!!! [hehe]

18. Kokuhaku

Kokuhaku Kenkyuusei

Sasshi will get into the Kami 7 considering her popularity right now. But I'm worried that Takamina will drop out of Kami 7, Kojiharu has a very loyal fan base, her stuff always sells consistently well

It's possible that Yukirin may get the center position, her wotas fan base is getting so strong recently, her handshake tickets sold out really fast and her merchandise outsells both Acchan's and Yuko's. The only problem is her casual fan base is still pretty small compared to Acchan. Either way, she's already getting so close to the 2 so I won't be surprised if she gets the position :)

About Sasshi, thanks to her fame as an AKB member (not vocal-wise), her single will probably sell well and anti fans would use that as a reason to trash her. People would still trash her all the want because they already hold the hatred, her single selling well would not change anything. Well, just ignore them :XD:

19. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki

And this is one of those times where one realizes that elections don't matter.

20. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

^Preach. I'm always apalled by Yonechan's case :eek: she missed the cut for senbatsu in the first elections for like 3 votes, and after she centered Tobenai Agehachou she fell off the face of the Earth. I do wonder sometimes what would've happened if she had been senbatsu instead of Asuka, but then I answer my own question "Nothing" lol