1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Hori Miona (Miona) / 2nd Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by caramujo, May 14, 2013.

1. tpt13

tpt13 Member

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Here is some of my personal experiences about how I came to love Miona that I would like to share. I am not sure anybody will bother to read though.

I have just gotten into AKB48 stuff for about half a year. Since I am not much of a music lover, I am unable to judge them based on their music and choreography. I definitely enjoy some of their songs and dislike others but mainly I don't focus much on that. Instead, I am very interested their TV shows and dramas and such. Since I like anime, I really love the Majisuka Series, which has a very anime-ish feel in it and was very fun to watch.

From this show, two members especially stood out to me. One was first 48G crush Matsui Rena, who was legendary with her Gekikara character and the other was Miyakawa Sakura, whose character design in the show was similar to the character Ikuno in Angel Densetsu manga. Though I was very much converted into their wota, it saddened me to find out that Rena had graduated ages ago and Sakura also kinda graduated now. Also it is kinda hard to find information about Rena now although I followed her on twitter a stuff, there is not much stuff going on with her. And while Sakura had become a household name now, she kinda lost some appeal to me. I prefer her simple and plain looking back then to her current Korean make up style.

So when I was wandering around, I saw the drop dead gorgeous Shiraishi Mai, who sparked my sudden curiosity about the 46G. During the last month, I have watched all the stuff about Nogizaka46 that I could get my hand on (MV, Hatsumori Bemars, Asahinagu, Nogizakatte, Nogizaka Under Construction, NogiBingo,...) just so that I could have more view of the beautiful Maiyan. And yet unexpectedly, I discovered our beloved Hori Miona, who was like a gift from heaven.

Appearance-wise, I have this impression about Miona: Miona + long hair = baby Rena; Miona + short hair = baby Sakura (even though she is older than Sakura). I hope I am not offending anyone by comparing Miona with other girls. I don't mean her to be a replacement for Rena and Sakura but rather to me she is the perfect combination of those two in term of beauty.

Personality-wise, Miona is a character of her own. She is fun and quirky and very weird in an adorable way. In term of peculiarity, I find her quite similar to Ikuchan. Those two girls are just in worlds of their own. It is always a pleasure to watch Miona expressing herself on TV, although recently I feel she kinda toned down her to appear more mature and elegant, which is totally find since I love her no matter what but it is still quite a let down. Here are some of my favorite moments that made her my oshimen:
    • Miona was announce to be the center in 7th single. Her teary face was very cute. What more, it was the first time I saw Maiyan losing her usual graceful look. She didn't bring herself to look at Miona and her pride seemed to hurt a lot (but I think it is OK, at least at that time because she is human after all).
    • When Miona was asked by the Bananaman whom she would choose between them. She smiled and said "Shirata-san". So freaking cute.
    • Miona dipped her face into a tank of water and held her breath. Her face was very cute that they called it "Hori's kissing face". She could not hold her laughter and eventually "rocketted" out.
    • Miona got to sit and talk to her Oshimen Rena and she kept discussing gory stuff. When being questioned by the Bananaman, she laughed and clapped her hands cheerfully.
    • Miona said that she cried when watching Armageddon and her favorite movie was Texas Chainsaw Massacre in a deadpan tone and face.
    • Miona tricked Ikoma into believing that she won a lottery and was going to buy her a present. Ikoma was also very good in this too.
    • Miona and Minami declared their love in Valentine episode.
    • Miona sat on her chair and cried silently when she was dropped out of the Senbatsu for 12th single. I wanna murder all the management.
    • Zombie Miona took a break and had her lunch. Her face was still very deadpan.
    • Maiyan fed her new pet monkey, Miona.
    • Miona drew Himura and giraffe.
    • Miona introduced Kubo. She acted professional and serious but was actually trolling all the time.
    • Miona was crying when she called the Quiz King "baka". Got to admire that guy, the length he would go just to hear his oshimen saying that.
    • Miona gave Himura a portray painting of himself for his birthday present, which made him even more traumatized after Ozona's creepy "Yuko-chan".
    Regarding her singing and dancing, I cannot judge it. I think it is good. But I would say all of them are good from what I see. But I feel great pleasure spotting her from the MV. I just wish to see her in center position again. I was disappointed that they keep promoting Asuka at next gen ace while purposefully ignore Miona. I would love that they promote the futures aces to be the trio Asuka - Ikuchan - Miona.

Anyway, I am so glad I found out about Nogizaka. Although at first I was in for Maiyan, now I am staying for Miona. She is the combination of my two previous favourites (Rena and Sakura). She is fun and adorable. She is relatively famous so there is plenty information about her. And she is still active so she can be someone whom I actually root for now.

• Like Like x 6
  2. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Almost same with me. At first, i follow Nogi because of Nanase but when i start watching Koujichu, i found this pretty girl but weird af. Also in the early of Koujichuu, i like when she promoted another 2nd girl. When Bananaman asking 'can this girl doing this?', Miona will said yes eventho the girl would say no. It's kind a push to make the girl get more attention. She try to lift them up. I know someone maybe have another thought about this, but that's what i see.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Maiyan is the Nogizaka gateway drug. You may stick around for her or move onto other more intriguing members. I, too, was smitten by the absolutely stunning Maiyan. I eventually found that there are even more beautiful members in Nogizaka. I think Nanase is more beautiful than Maiyan, but that's just me.

Thumbs up on settling on Hori. The strange characters in Nogi are tres amusing!

• Like Like x 1
  4. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    That's some shockingly long read. :D
    But it's very nice to read people's opinions about nogichans.

Anyway, welcome. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jedrien

Jedrien Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    • Like Like x 2
  6. tpt13

tpt13 Member

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    lol, so there are actually someone who read my post. Thanks.

Regarding to the topic you said, I am aware that there was a very heated debate about it in the 2nd Generation thread. To be honest, I disliked those promotion section because the show runners didn't treat it seriously but only randomly added it in at the end of some short episode as if its is just an afterthought.

I feel bad for both Miona and other 2nd Gen girls. For other girls, I pitied them that they didn't get the time they deserved to shine (when they were actually seated together with their senpais, they proved to be very interesting characters). And for Miona, I was scared that both audience and her senpais would hate her because of her over exposure. That is why I think the guy in the 2nd Gen thread was so bitter about Miona, many others may share his view. I am glad that you still regard her highly through all of that though I am not sure if she was consciously promoting her friends or just Miona being Miona.

It is funny you put it that way. Though I feel that in term of pure beauty, Maiyan is a level ahead of all other girls in 48G/46G. She is always so classy and sophisticated. I would say even my Hori Trinity, namely Rena, Sakura and Miona cannot dethrone her (hehe Hori, get it. Sorry for the daddy joke, I am only 25 though). Character-wise, I don't think I am a big fan of Maiyan, after knowing her more. But I suppose when one look like a goddess, she will have a pass for everything.

I am not particularly impressed by Nanase's appearance. Maybe because her beauty is different my from preference. But as she matured, I think she definitely look better. I think she was at her best in Mouse CM. Almost everyone looked better in Mouse CM except surprisingly Miona. I think normally Miona is much prettier.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2018
  7. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

She's promoting them with her own way lol

'The guy', i think he's not only bitter about Miona. Ikoma, Matsumura, and whoever he thinks he can attack. In other way they just like to trashtalking about member he disliked. And sadly it's happen not only in this fandom, but also in real life. Just see how many people still attacking Ikoma even after her departure. That's why i'm glad Nogi management didn't let their girls have an social media account except the one you paid to follow them lol

8. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

ofc we read it :) Welcome

it's hardly to blame anybody even mngmt~show runners dare say not solely to pitchfork for. whether those ppl were/werent yet came with the third gen-like presentation plan, 2nd gen overall just not arrived in the right momentum. This quote from that thread had summed it up imo
    -------------

to me overall they consisted most interesting members after first gen. third gen was very strong but so far the interesting ones it's still cut half of them.

unfortunately that unreasonable thing is inevitable in any fandom. People mostly driven with their emotion. One can deal with anti argumentative-ly but most of times it was like paradoxical job to do, just waste of time.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  9. Aspii-sanSlave

Aspii-sanSlave Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Saito Asuka
    actually im the same as you, i love anime and then my friend introduced me about idols then i watch akbingo and same as you became miyawaki sakura fan but i stop rooting for her, but i cant stop watching idol tv shows then as i was wandering in youtube and such i found out about 46g i too think shiraishi is gorgeous in early days but after asuka said the "tamago borou"(dunno if its right) i think this girl is so funny even if she is 13 years old at that time so i start rooting for her. anyway thats just it

(sorry for my bad english)
    welcome to the fandom :1st:

10. Jedrien

Jedrien Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. tpt13

tpt13 Member

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Year, I think not have social media is a good idea too. Though sometimes, I am just so frustrated because I want more information from Miona. It is good that I read in one of her interview she said she tried to update her blog as much as possible because last time as a fan she also constantly wanted more information about her idol too (that must have been Rena, I guess). That is nice of her.

Yeah, I guess we have to live with it. Anyways, it is not like all that stuff still matters anymore. That happened ages ago and now I think our 2nd Gen girls are more or less on equal footing with 1st and 3rd Gen. Of course each group always has some super strong member (unlucky 2nd Gen only have Miona who is ahead of the rest), but the remaining members are almost the same. Plus, many 2nd Gen girls are still very young, so they still can shine.

Don't worry, my English is also full of grammar and spelling errors.
    I always love how down to Earth Asuka is. She fitted in very quickly with 2nd Gen and 3rd Gen girls. May be because she was closer to those girls in age so it was easier for her to make friends. But Asuka has been getting more and more popular now, I am interested in seeing her future development. Like I said a future Nogizaka with Ikuta, Asuka and Miona as its aces would be godly satisfying.

Mod edit: Merged for "flooding" You must wait for someone to respond, or at least 24 hours before re-posting in the same thread. If you wish to add more information, you can always go back and edit your previous post.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    • Like Like x 6
  13. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Hori Miona will be the cover girl of Japanese magazine "Tokai Walker 2019 Vol. 1". This will be her first appearance in TW. The magazine will be released on December 20th.

DuIg8t7WoAAqSB_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Jedrien

Jedrien Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  15. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

I'm glad that they put Miona and Ashu side-by-side. Miss this pair lol

• Like Like x 2
  16. tpt13

tpt13 Member

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Miona and Asuka look good together. With the presence of Maiyan and Nanase, they have to leave the first row, but I like this arrangement better cos they are next to each other instead of opposite the aisle as usual.

17. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

If they are on the 1st row, they won stand next each other [hehe]

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    • Like Like x 1
  19. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
  20. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    Any chance for her to be 24th/summer single's center? AshuMiona center at least. Since rumour said Ashu is center for 23rd single already.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1