1. Because I will be attending the actual sousenkyo in Okinawa, rka is conducting our exit poll in my place as he did two years ago. Click here to let us know how you're voting in this year's sousenkyo and why!
  2. Results for our 10th annual Stage48 Member Ranking are being revealed! Click here to see it and check how your oshimen did! Updated daily.

How and when did you fall in love with her?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Heiwa, Aug 10, 2007.

1. jiinatsu

jiinatsu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Matsuoka Natsumi
    I’ve already shared the story of how I found AKB in the “How did you discover AKB?” thread, so I’ll just start with my oshimen history.

When I watched the PV for “Namida Surprise!”, the members that caught my eye were Miyazawa Sae and Ono Erena, but after watching a few more PVs, I began considering Shinoda Mariko as my oshimen. However, when I came across the PV for “Sakura no Ki ni Narou” for the first time, I was absolutely hypnotised by one member, but I had no clue what her name was. So I went searching for her on one of the websites I’d began to follow for AKB releases (they haven’t updated since early 2014, which is sad) and found the name of my first “official” oshimen: Matsui Jurina. I went onto YouTube (this was before I realised it’s easier to find 48G content elsewhere) and watched everything I could find with her in it. From SKE stages to live performances, magic tricks and SKE radio shows to variety show appearances - if it had Jurina in the title, I clicked on it.

Then in late 2013, when “Melon Juice” was released, I became interested in learning more about HKT, so I found a blog that talked about each member of Team H at the time (I’ve been trying to find that blog for the past half hour - did it disappear off the face of Google?). This blog helped me put a name to each face, and discover some early favourites, like Ueki Nao and Tanaka Natsumi. But one of the comments completely snatched my attention: “she’s one of the most beautiful members of Team H”. This was written about Matsuoka Natsumi, and in the provided photos, she easily lived up to that comment. It was because of that comment that I took an interest in Natsu in the same way I did with Jurina - if a YouTube video had her in the title, I clicked on it (although HKT was still new back then, so there wasn’t much member-specific content). It wasn’t long before she became my HKT oshimen, a title once held by Tashima Meru when I only knew about five members.

Jump forward to mid-2015, when Sousenkyo Fever was in full effect. I wasn’t able to cast a few votes, so I decided to show my support for my kami oshi by making a support poster. However, I was questioning who I’d make this poster for - Jurina or Natsu? I had been cheering Jurina on from afar for two years, and no matter how many other members caught my interest (I was completely smitten with Yokoyama Yui after Majisuka Gakuen 2, and still am), her spot as my #1 was never threatened. But when Natsu ranked at #64 in the 6th Sousenkyo, only to be shoved into the back row of “Hikaeme, I love you” later that year, I became more invested in her than ever before. She was frustrated with her Senbatsu position - for someone that was once #2 on HKT, she was being treated as an afterthought. I wished I could show my support in more ways than behind a computer screen on the other side of the world, and prove to management that she did not deserve to be an afterthought; I wanted to attend handshake and two-shot events, I wanted to cheer her on at a HKT48 theatre show, I wanted to vote for her hundreds of times in the Sousenkyo.

Then I realised, I never really wanted to do those things for Jurina. Sure, the possibility of meeting her for ten seconds was something nice to think about, but I never had a strong urge to make that a reality. I hadn’t even thought about voting for her in Sousenkyo (that might’ve been because of her placing, but that’s not the point) or paying a visit to the SKE theatre. So I made that poster for Natsu, and have never looked back.

2. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Let's hear my boring story of how I came to like my oshis lol

I first discovered AKB through the anime and I initially liked Acchan so when I knew that they are a real group, I, obviously, paid more attention to Acchan. I believe the first ever video I've watched of AKB is the Takamina X Acchan duet during the Tokyo Dome concert. At first, my dumbass thought that Takamina was Acchan and in my head, I was just like, "oh...she looks kind of...um..unique". After that, Akbingo started popping up on my YouTube so I watched most of them (out of order). I realized that Acchan wasn't all that special so I slowly started drifting away from her. Instead, the variety members pulled me closer. I remember Sae and Miichan catching my attentions first. Everytime a variety member makes a joke and it's funny, I would go "oohhh!! I like her" :^^;: I soon discovered more Akbingo videos and my oshis expanded from there. Fast forwarding to 2015, I discovered Stage48. With Stage48, I started keeping up with AKB more and more. Before Naachan, my Kami-oshi was Paru and fun fact, I actually disliked Paru at first. However, her cuteness and salt slowly made me like her. I don't remember how I discovered Naachan but I kind of slowly went to her thread and started liking her.

Not going to lie, I oshi some members due to their looks. I know that I oshi Annya, Sakipon, Yuuri, Fuuchan, Madoka, and all of the NGT girls due to that. However, there are others like their dance, vocals, variety, and whatnot. I oshi-ed Nattsu because of her Nakinagara Hohoende during a theater performance, Yuihan because of her dance (it looks like she really put in effort), Momoka, Mona, and Mogi due to their dansos, Jiina due to her SSK speech, Haruu due to her variety skills, Ikumin because of the Shekarashika performance, Nanami due to the Seijun Tired performance, so on and so forth. As for some others, I just really like their personalities <3

3. rayanami

rayanami Kenkyuusei

My Favorite Member is Watanabe Mayu. I first took notice of her when she played the role of Nezumi, I found her really cute in her hoodie.

4. Nefarious|Ostrich

Nefarious|Ostrich Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui (Team A)
    I'm probably too late for this post, but I'm just new.

I watched an AKB48 documentary, and there was this time at the backstage of a concert, where she was helping another fellow member and I said "this girl must be very helpful and kind." This was waaaaay before I even knew what an oshimen was and what it even meant.

Mine is Yokoyama Yui. The first time I saw her was in the first episode of MG2. I thought she was kind of small, but personally, she's the ideal type of woman that would fit well enough in most men's standards (psychologically, I mean, like kind and caring.) (But not sexually though, no, definitely not, I wouldn't dare think of anything sexual about any member.)

And so I researched more about AKB48 and what not, and along the way I saw Yuihan, and I said "She looks familiar *sudden realization after staring for 3 minutes straight* Oh!"

And voila! Here I am fully supporting her.

5. 3iv1ipon

3iv1ipon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshikawa Nanase
    I was watching some of AKB's Youtube videos because of recommendation, but I didn't like them. There were too many members. Each member would get only like 10 seconds of screen time in videos. I couldn't find any members who would look like cute girl or sexy woman (90-60-90 cm body). I didn't use torrents which means I couldn't watch TV shows like AKBingo.
    I discovered Team 8 when I was watching NOTTV AKB no Anta Dare on Youtube. First I was interested only in Ota Nao. I was following Showroom broadcasts of other Team 8 members when I noticed Yoshikawa Nanase and couldn't stop watching.
    UPDATE:
    First watching of AKB's music videos was in 2009 or 2010 when Youtube videos were probably mostly low bitrate 480p. Torrents didn't work well with ADSL Internet connection with slow download and 10-20 times slower upload than download.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017 at 7:27 AM