1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

How did you become a fan of Nogizaka46?

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by jiaemi, May 17, 2014.

1. shirai46

shirai46 Kenkyuusei

I got into Nogizaka46 trough Naruto opening "Tsuki no Oosika" I instantly got into them.

2. Nuneul

Nuneul Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    • How did you get to know about Nogizaka46 ?
    spring 2014... Grand Shuffle, Rena kennin, KidzuKata release. I thought they were extremely boring at first... even if the live performances of KidzuKata were extremely good. Natsu no Free & Easy didn't helped. hopefully there was Miona to keep me interested in them.
    • How did you became a fan of Nogizaka46 ?
    Nandome, glorious A-side, Watashi Okiru as B-side. I remember downloading every Nogi single after that. :XD: then Naachan became my oshimen & got center again for Inochi wa utsukushii, so I decided to listen KidzuKata again and it became my favorite song.

3. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I got into nogizaka after watching seifuku no mannequin MV and kimi no na wa kibou-goose house's cover version. SnM is simply the best idol song ever and kimi no na wa kibou is so soothing

4. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Because of bananaman! I like bananaman a lot and usually try to catch them on variety shows if I have time (between school and work, so not too much lol)

I've been an AKB fan for a long time (2008), and I was curious about nogi when they debuted. I gave a few listens to their first few singles, but honestly I thought they were really, really shit.

One day I was really bored and started watching old nogidoko videos because of bananaman, and after about 3 episodes, I was hooked. I really started liking the members, and I was lucky this was in between barrette and kizuitara time, so that was when their music started sounding amazing.

TBH, I still think their early stuff is un-listenable (except kimi no na wa kibou). But literally every song from Kizuitara until now has been kami-level for me, so much so that they are my 2nd favorite group behind AKB. I actually like more nogi members than AKB now (which is a first), and I like their shows more too.

5. tofunoodle

tofunoodle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    I stumbled upon an episode of NogiDoko(112) where they were having a competition on who was the worst at sports and was hooked.
    Watched a couple more episodes and the first song I listened to was Seifuku no Mannequin. I spiraled quickly into the idol world...and now I'm a proud member of the 46/48 group family :^^;:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  6. Ikuchan-

Ikuchan- Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Well, I first thought "Who or what the heck is Nogizaka46, official rival? Are they some kind of wannabes?" I'm like meh at their MVs and singles. How could they ever compare to AKB48? I was so wrong, damn it. Nogizaka46 is undoubtedly the rival of AKB48. Thanks to Ikomachan's duo-status, I got to know more about N46. Eventually, MRena's duo-status only made me notice them even more. I fell in love with N46!

But Ikuchan omg, she's the loveliest thing ever alive. How could someone be so immensely talented in piano and her operas! Her tenacity and determination to win inspires me, really. She is amazing! :D

7. idoljunkie

idoljunkie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    inouesayuri
    I knew about N46 from AKB obviously, didn't really interested back then, but my friend was. He showed me the Seifuku No Mannequin MV, and showed some interest in them, but i was so into AKB at that time so i never really dig into it. A few months earlier my friend has sadly passed away, which is an ultimate shock for me. The first thing that i do after crying like a baby everyday for a week was checking out his hard-drive, and then i found some Nogizaka's folder. I copied it, and spent the rest of the day watching the first season of Nogibingo. And then here i am.

Sorry for the overly-dramatic long-post, i'm a noob here.

8. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    I listened to their debut single because I was starting to get into AKB around that time but it didn't really grab my attention. it wasn't until Barrette came out that I thought, wow...this song and the covers are so different from what AKB or sister groups would do, so I was intrigued. I didn't love the song at the time, but I did love some of the b-sides (watashinotameni darekanotameni, and yasashisatowa specifically). even to this day I don't like many songs from their first three singles, it's not until seifuku mannequin that their songs start to appeal to me.

9. sicaxav

sicaxav Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    Funnily enough, I was watching Shukan AKB on a Japanese channel here, and I was like 'I CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE', so I searched the web for English subs, watched the next few episodes and somehow stumbled on AKBingo then NogiBingo. Watched the first season and became a fan instantly. I've had my experiences with girl groups and idol groups in general, so I tried to space myself before I go too crazy and end up not caring after a bit, but I still enjoyed the variety side of the shows. A few days later I went on Spotify and listened to the songs and loved a lot of them, I think Seifukono Mannequin is my favorite song, but there are some others!

And my oshimen is Shiraishi Mai!!!

10. Leyla

Leyla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    I went a looooooooooong way to finally reach this fandom :D

To be honest, I'm mostly a male-idol fan (JE) but I like quite some girl groups too. And also non-Idol-groups and J-rock. I'm also not a hater, never was !!, of AKB, unlike many fans of less popular girl-idol groups (funny enough quite some JE fans are AKB fans :) or don't mind them) Takamina was at Domoto Kyoudai for years (?) and I found her just so sweet and fun and charming. Until now she is my favorite 48-group member (so sad to see her leave the AKB!). But I never got around to really make my way into AKB, because I just had NO CHANCE to tell the members apart. I tried several times, but except for the centre girls and a very few that caught my eye (like Tano Yuka or Takahashi Juri), I just couldn't get into it. And I think AKB's biggest appeal is that you feel and are excited about the members because the songs aren't that special (no critique. Most idols produce bubbly songs). Also I don't like talk shows much - I'm only watching a very few specials and making ofs and a very few talk shows (it's easy as a JE-fan because the biggest group has 9 members ^^, all the others stick to around 5-7). And I think watching talk shows is crucial when one wants to get into AKB48 fandom.

Also, I never liked the senbatsu election, because I felt it's so unfair towards some of the really interesting and good members. But still, there are quite some girls I like though I seriously can only recognize 13 of them (such a fail ><) Also I was always majorly confused that there are so many girls from their sister-groups participating in their singles and conerts (aren't AKB fans pretty pissed about that? Oo)

Then I tried to give HKT48 a try because I like Sashihara Rino. And, a huge PLUS, they have far less members than all the other 48-groups *lol* I think they are cute and I might continue following them, but they are a bit too cute and I don't really like their singles much. But... they are cute, which is nice actually. I guess I'll check out some of their stuff!

When Nogizaka debuted, to be honest, I had zero interest in checking them out, because of my 90% desperation to even name more than 15 AKB members, only Matsui Jurina from SKE, Sasshi from HKT and none from NMB. But Nogizaka funny enough got me music wise. When I listened to their singles and watched their PVs (I love story PVs <3), I thought: they are nothing like the 48 groups. Are they really under the same management? Also I liked the more mature and serious image they gave, while still being charming and cute. And as they got me with their music, I actually made some real effort to understand the group. I was positively surprised that they have no senbatsu election - YAY! - and less than 46 members :D
    I still can't name and recognize all the members, but I'm positive that I'll learn soon :D

My favorite is Nishino Nanase, but there are plenty of girls I really like!

11. rust

rust Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
    @Leyla welcome! ^ ^
    I'm glad to hear you like story-driven mvs, those are usually my favs too! What have you watched thus far? There's many that can be recommended. Regarding your question on management, yes it is different lol. Most 48 groups are run by AKS, with exception NMB by Yoshimoto. nogi is mostly by Sony Music Entertainment.

Also have you seen Nogizakatte, Doko? it's nogi's former flagship variety show, & it's what that bought me into this fandom. nogi also have a tradition of bonus individual pvs for each members (or pairs) that comes with the single releases, many classics exist here too & those might interest you too!

12. Leyla

Leyla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Thank you!! :inlove:

I love their story PVs. Until now I've watched Ima, Hanashitai dareka ga iru (one of my personal favs^^), Taiyou Knock, Nandome no aozora ka - this one was cool, and I really really like the song too! Kizuitara kataomoi is one of my favs - I love the PV so much, and also the song, plus it was one of the first things I saw from Nogizaka46 (and it has Nanase as a center :)), and it gave me so many feels that I almost started crying. And just now I watched Barrette - that one was... interesting. ^^

Thanks for your suggestions! Will definitely check it out! <3

13. Hamacchi

Hamacchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    I've really never been into real idols before, until I told myself to give it a try after seeing AKB48 Team 8 perform in our local tv show last November. I quickly gave up on the AKB48G because it would be hard for me to memorize all of them, then I decided to get-to-know more of Nogizaka46 instead.

I actually already knew them since last year, "Natsu no Free&Easy" is their first MV that I've watched, though they really didn't hooked my attention during that period. But the weirdest thing I just realized is that last June, I had encountered them again, like 3 times. During that time, I was really into watching NicoNama and I've been watching random Live Broadcasts there (even though I don't understand Japanese that much), then I saw Ito Marika's niconama "Eyes" where I think they are promoting the film, I watched it since I was kind of interested in seeing an idol's reaction when it comes to haunted houses :^O^:. 2nd one was Nakada Kana's "Death Blog" which was also streamed in NicoNico. 3rd one was Ikoma Rina's "Corpse Party Live-Action", I was into horror/gore back then, that's why I found out about this, I even complained "Why the hell do I always see "乃木坂46" everytime I search":rant::XD::XD: It feels like Nogizaka46 is pushing its self into me, it kinda lasted for like almost 2 months, every time I search something they'll pop out.. Search something "Ikemen", they'll pop out, search something like "this" and "that", they'll pop out, and so on. :XD::XD:
    Speaking of their MVs, I really like it so much, especially because it has story in it, like "Kidzuitara Kataomi", "Nandome no Aozora ka?" and "Ima, Hanashitai Dareka ga Iru". But the MV that I liked the most is "Inochi wa Utsukushii" just simply because I find it cool :blush: I also like "Shitto no Kenri" and " Ano Hi Boku wa Tossa ni Uso wo Tsuita" :blush:

It's been a month now since I became a fan of Nogizaka46, I just started following them right after seeing them outrank the Seiyuu that I had been following for months with them being Rank 2 and the Seiyuu, being Rank 3 in the Oricon Charts. I also watched most of Nogizaka46's variety shows (all the subbed ones), their tv drama and at the same time memorize all the members' names within a week.

I hope to see this group grow more~:inlove::inlove:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  14. baka-rie

baka-rie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    -i was originally a fan of 48g, at first i didn't even gave attention to them or listen to their songs, and let the years pass like that. And it came ikoma and rena's kennin, when ikoma's activities started i became interested of her chara, my impression of nogizaka was wrong, that's what i thought. i first started watching nogibingo and became interested with the whole nogizaka as a group. but that wasn't enough, weeks passed i ignored them again and focused at 48g again but there was one thing that made me go to nogizaka again.

wakarei

if someone will ask me what part do i like with the fandom, one of my answers will be because of those yuri and realistic gay relationships. that's why wakarei caught me and became addicted to nogizaka and also discovered other pairings in the group and came to love every part of the group.

15. Mayura48

Mayura48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    val_vanny
    I knew nogi because mayu, mayu have been fangirling on nogi since the group debuted, curious about the group, i decided to take a look once. but i find myself didnt find any interest in nogi at all. Tho i find some member stole my attention like Ikoma rina, hoshino minami, and hashimoto nanami. But still it never took me to join the nogi fandom. Also sometimes i watch nogibingo and nogidoko, but it really never interest me. I decided to stop for knowing nogi after then..

There's the time when my interest in nogi rise again, like when Nanase starring in drama "49" or like when ikuta have a duet with mayu in kohaku 2013. Ikuchan was so dazzling in that performance, i was mesmerized by her, and mostly by the song. And it was after those event that i decide to learn again about nogi, esp about ikuta and nanase. Tho its ended same like before, i stumbled again in the wall of "no interest" with nogi, but well~ at least i find my oshi in nogi at that time, wich is Ikuta erika.

And then there's comes 2015, when suddenly i heard a news about saito asuka which chosen as the new official model for "Sweet" magz (one of mayu's prominent magazine). I was really curious about who's she ? the news is quite hit at that time, so i decided to take a look about this saito asuka girl. And its quite surprise me when i find about her, she's really cute, like really. Her face is so small (maybe the half size of mayu's face!! and mayu's face is already so small lol), she's a doll in real life. And i was like "Hul~ think i find find my new oshi [hehe]", i decide to take look at nogi once again, and only this time i find i was satisfied with nogi, esp to asuka. Nogi seems already much improved this time, i'm glad for them

I really like asuka, and she with her shyness personality really got me this time (and she's a bit tsundere too lol). I think i love her now and then.. or maybe forever. :blush:

16. avalanste

avalanste Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    I got to know Nogizaka46 through Ikoma's Seifuku no Mannequin MV. (The chorus got me interested)
    At that time, I wasn't quite sure how the group actually works, then I noticed the image and style of Nogi46 is different from AKB48 and its sister groups. Their skirts are longer and their image is more on the conservative side, somewhat I would prefer. (only a few members do gravure shoots)
    I started liking "Nandome no Aozora Ka", the song literally got me listening over and over again. Then I started watching Nogibingo (Ijiri would always take their belongings and tease them in a perverted manner, but Ijiri is a very nice and caring guy in irl tbh), Nogizakatte Doko? (gotta love Bananaman) all the way till they revamp and change it to "Nogizaka Kojichuu". (LOL members got tricked that it was the last episode, and the girls cried like there was no tml)
    I didn't have a specific oshimen back then, I practically liked every member there, but the member that got the deepest impression was Shiraishi Mai and Ikoma Rina.
    I felt the kennin for Ikoma and Rena wasn't really suitable though it was good attempt to try out.
    I noticed there has been increasing female fans in Nogizaka46 as well, compared to AKB48 groups.

I just hoped someday they can have 2 shot event like AKB48 groups.

17. YuNcHuNsA

YuNcHuNsA Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    A friend of mine posted AKB48's PV for Bokutachi wa tatakawanai and I loved it and kept watching it. Which then got me to AKBingo and then to Nogibingo and finally to Nogidoko. I really liked the concept of Nogidoko and it helped me recognize the members. And since there's less members compared to the entire 48G, it helped cement for faces to memory. I must say Ikuchan appealed most to me in Nogibingo, but Nogidoko made me like Nanamin and Naachan more.

18. Rayman21

Rayman21 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Well i was watching episodes of "AKBINGO!" And i accidentally stumbled upon an episode of "NOGIBINGO!"
    Then I got really interested and started researching about the group and here I am!

19. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    How did you get to know about Nogizaka46?

- As soon as I discovered AKB48 in May 2012, I looked into every single thing about them. Members, songs, and the wonderful world of sister groups. While Nogizaka46 wasn't counted as a sister group, they were linked and I immediately started following them too.

How did you became a fan of Nogizaka46?

- Quite honestly I loved them from Oide, Shampoo, which was released as I discovered them. I found them really fresh and happy, and I followed every release since and got to know the members names and faces. But! I became a full fan last year, as in a full-blown I LOVE EM I LOVE EM fan, because of Ikuchan and Nanamin. They filled holes in my heart left by AKB graduates in a shocking and entirely pleasing way. :)

20. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I think it all started with me reading somewhere about the "official rival" to AKB. Having been following AKB for some time up to that point, this quickly piqued my interest. The very first Nogi song I've ever listened to was actually their rendering of Aittakatta. At that time, I thought Nogi would be a darker, grittier, "Anti-AKB" (I had never saw their video or pictures when I heard this song!). But then I read more about the group and found that they are basically also Aki-P's group, I started to have my doubts. When I listened to Guruguru, I thought that my fears have been confirmed: this is just another AKB clone. I like the song, but I expected a different type of group. In retrospect, I think I should be glad that Nogi ended up just as they are now, instead of being an anti-AKB.

When I started to follow the group, again I found out that I like most of the songs and found that most of the girls are very pretty. But at first I wasn't able to really tell the difference between Nogi and AKB. However, as I started to watch more Nogi shows, I started to pick up small details that make Nogi unique. Their "clean" image, relatively simple (but elegant) costume start to grow up on me. Even their fingernails (which are for the most part kept natural) made them in some sense much more attractive. The more I learn about them, the more I consider them unique. I don't really understand about their being marketed as AKB's rivals. I just become their fan because they are a group of talented, smart, pretty young ladies.