1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

How did you become a fan of Nogizaka46?

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by jiaemi, May 17, 2014.

1. KazuminTechi

KazuminTechi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Twitter:
    yveeeeeshere
    This is fun :)

Originaly, I was into AniSong idols (seiyuus and stuffs), SCANDAL and Silent Siren until this year. One lazy morning, I was scrolling through youtube looking for new anisong vid or something. That's when I accidentally "Buranko"instead of a SCANDAL MV. I didn't notice it since I went to the cr as soon as I clicked. While I was washing my face, I heard the song and I'm llike "wtf, what did I click". But as the song plays as I was washing my face, I was like "wait, this song is good". Then I researched everything I need to know, bingewatched NOGIBINGO S1 and downloaded the last 5 singles (Sayonara no Imi and below).

Then my routine completely switched from watching anime and checking seiyuu updates to nogistuffs.

I also learned about Keyakizaka46 along the way. :)

2. Soysaucee

Soysaucee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Sad but I saw on AKB daily that Hashimoto was graduating and so I pulled up Nogibingo and it just took off from there. Pretty recent.

3. KazuminTechi

KazuminTechi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Twitter:
    yveeeeeshere
    Then we're just the same haha

I almost made Maimai my oshi without knowing she already graduated :(

4. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    I learned about Nogizaka46 during my second trip in Japan. It was in october/november of 2015, and Ima, Hanashitai Dareka Ga Iru was just released. Of course, the song was blasting all over Akihabara, where I like to spend a lot of time. At first, I didn't really like the song to be honest, but after a while it grew on me.

Back home, a couple of weeks later, I was browsing through the photos of my trip. I remembered the song and I wanted to hear it again (I heard it so much back then, it became sort of an anthem of that trip) but I didn't know the name of the song or even heard about Nogizaka46. So I checked the top charts of Japan from that period and started Youtubeing all the songs until I found it!

I checked out some of their music videos and and also their first album. There are many good songs on it that make me very happy. I was surprised by the perfect sound, the subtleties and technicalities in the music, and at the same time being catchy as hell. And those vocal lines, zomg.

Besides that, it didn't take long to notice the captivating beauty of Maiyan, who I consider the most beautiful woman on earth.

After a while, I kind of lost track of them, but somewhere in 2016 I picked up their second album. I also started watching episodes of Nogichuu to practice my Japanese listening comprehension, which I find to be a entertaining method of learning. Naturally, I learned more about the different members and a few months ago I decided to start collecting their singles. I guess that's when I really became a fan.

• Like Like x 1
  5. wolfstein

wolfstein Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Like KazuminTechi I've always liked anime songs, somewhere in my search in youtube I happened to come across Mayuyu's performance in Girl's Factory, needless to say I was smitten by her beauty, she looks to me like a real life character from a Final Fantasy series. (Never really liked some AKB songs though)

I come to know about N46 because Mayuyu had worked with them in multiple projects - MVs, drama, etc. I was enchanted by a member (whom I will learn later to be Maiyan), and at first I thought she's a half (Caucassian blood), because of her I searched for more on N46 online, hence since then, I've watched most of their shows (translated/untranslated) and I find their songs to be easy on the ears unlike some other idol groups.

And when word came out that a 46 sister group would be formed, in my love for Nogizaka, I've endured the first few boring episodes, and eventually also came to like k46.

In short I'm now a fan of the whole Sakamichi series.
    Oh and of Mayuyu too <(^▽^)

6. vedanta10

vedanta10 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    i already know nogizaka in 2012, but not really interested to explore them.
    then i started to like them when i watch pv sayonara no imi. that pv is so good.
    then i watched maiyan showroom. it make me more interested to nogizaka.
    i explore them more, then i found ikuchan. i am so interested to this girl.

7. KazuminTechi

KazuminTechi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Twitter:
    yveeeeeshere
    Wow, μ's was also the one that started my "idol genre" addiction haha

Sent from my A33w using Tapatalk

8. Mixi

Mixi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I've been following AKB since 2006, and I was around when auditions for their rival group were announced. I was skeptic at first, but Nogidoko grabbed me right away. I thought they were what AKB should have been from the start, an orthodox idol group with a clean image. As I grew unsatisfied with 48G, I started following Sakamichi Series only. I can't even keep track of 48G graduations anymore and the SKE I used to love is gone. I'm not a fan of what the current (old) members have become either. Nogizaka has yet to disappoint me, unless you count the Sayuringo scandal.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  9. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Welcome everyone! You all have great stories of falling for Nogizaka. I hope you have as much fun following them as I have had.

10. Isaac H

Isaac H Member Stage48 Donor

Hi guys, first time post here.

How did you get to know about Nogizaka46?

It’s a bit strange, but I first saw a random clip of Manatsu/Kuroishi on my Instagram, then I found that same clip on youtube (from the monomane makeup episode of Nogibingo), then I hunted for more clips…and the rest is Nogi history.

How did you become a fan of Nogizaka46?

From the above point, I started to look for all Nogizaka-related TV programs that I could find. A couple of Nogidoko eps from Youtube, and I was hooked. Then I seemed out episodes of Nogizaka Under Construction and Nogibingo to further my love and ‘research’. Recently set a Spotify playlist with their songs. Saw their 2nd photobook at a bookstore nearby - instant purchase! Probably will try to do sketches of some members at some point.

Additional note: I love Japan! I went there once in 2006. I am a long time fan of anime and Japanese pro wrestling (that “Yoshirin” appearance on a Nogibingo episode really floored me, haha). I heard about the AKB groups, but didn’t pay much attention to them. I do enjoy idol related anime series like Idolmaster and Wake Up, Girls! so I kind of open to dive more into idol fandom from here on out.

Special thanks to hardworking subbers on the master list - without you, I wouldn’t get this crazy about Nogizaka46! Thanks again.

11. Emathejester

Emathejester Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    I started liking Nogizaka quite recently.

I've always been a fan of J music in general, due to some Jrock, Jpop and anime songs. This has been happening for the past 10 years at least. Idol groups such as Denpagumi Inc, Momoiro Clover Z, Babymetal, μ's and Morning Musume have been appearing together with some other J Music throughout the years, so obviously I've heard of AKB, but never really paid much attention to them.

Somewhere last year, my interest in Idol groups starter growing, but I was more into the Alternative and Underground stuff. AKB felt too "fabricated" for my taste, and at the same time overwhelming due to the cheer amount of stuff and members. I just didn't have any interest in 48 or anything related, and preferred smaller idol groups, with more diverse musical background, which made the underground scene a lot more to my taste. Plus the alt girls appeared to have personalities that felt more interesting to me.

At the same time, my gf who had also been a fan of idol groups (mainly 80s stuff) started getting into 48s/46s. Despite both of us liking idol, our interests were still different, so she would send me clips or images from 46/48 but I would not pay too much attention to it. She told me however that I would probably like some Sakamichi stuff, which was true, Keyakizaka and Nogizaka appeared to click more with me than the48 stuff I had listened to. I remember liking the "militaristic" look of these Keyakizaka girls and the more varied musical sounds of Nogizaka, as opposed to what seemed to me like the boring AKB sound and more "cheap" look to the girls. However, at this time, it was still more of a "not bad" feeling, while my main interest was still on the alternative idol scene.

Somewhere around the end of the year, she sent me either a clip or webm, as she used to send frequently. This time, however, I remember that I felt "wow!". The girl appearing there had amazing eyes, a soothing voice and dialect, and a beautiful smile. I was stunned! I asked her who she is " She's Nishino Nanase, one of the Nogizaka girls. I knew you would like her, she's your type". I remembered Nogizaka as being the ones that had more varied music, and so the curiosity picked a little bit. We started seeing some variety shows or random clips together, this time I started paying more attention, wanted to see more of this Nanase girl. I started noticing some other girls, liking their personality, the quirkiness and humour of some of them, getting to know them a bit more and expanding my interest from Nanase to Nogizaka in general, and here I am today.

I admit I may have felt prejudice against AKB and all related acts, and that's why it may have taken me longer to like Nogizaka, but I'm glad I saw Nanase. That girl has a lot of the qualities I like, so it made me want to see more of her, and that allowed me to break this self made barrier agains the "40s". I still have no interest in 48 groups, but I quite like Nogizaka now as much as some of the more alternative stuff, so I'm definitely a fan.

An interesting note, I liked to see an Under Construction episode where Nakada Kana and Kawago Hina went to see some undeground idol groups since they are fans, and my favorite idol group, Maison Book Girl, appeared there. That made me think "Yes, I did the right choice, Nogizaka girls are bros" and it was nice to see the that mix of two of my idol interests, and see that that "barrier" I felt between 40s and alt was unnecessary with Nogizaka.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  12. mousou

mousou Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    i am actually bananaman fans in the first place, when i was searching for their show, i found nogichuu, then i learn about nogizaka. and now i am falling in love with them

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yepadee95

Yepadee95 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Etou Misa
    Twitter:
    yepadee95
    It weird, I always end up liking groups I hate at first....(Keyakizaka46, Akb48, Nogizaka46, and some kpop bands). I heard of them through that one Akbingo episode where nogi and akb were together and for some reason, I couldn't stand them. After a few months or so, I found interest in Takayama and how funny she is so I found Nogizakatte doko ( I used to not be able to tell the different between kojichuu and doko lol I'm so dumb) and gradually fell in love with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. trueblue82

trueblue82 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    was searching info of michishige sayumi (i used to be morning musume fan long time ago but dropped off due to IRL), then i randomly came across a cut of a segment of shiraishi mai getting the cream canon treatment and became a fan. Her attitude after the canon really gave me a strong impression!....

15. superficialfan

superficialfan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    It was because of the 48 group actually, my favorite members are from there. I saw them on AKB48 Show!.

Later I saw Bananaman on a different show and thought they were cool.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  16. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    My boyfriend already mentioned me but here it goes lol

I started liking 48G when I noticed I had already explored very much into the 80s scene, so much I wanted to shift to more recent idols (while still having Showa as my big passion). Before that I was a huge anime fan and had already watched AKB0048, but I didn't know much more about Sakamichi than the name of the groups.
    While I was getting to know 48G, I started watching Keyakizaka MVs, and for a while they were my main focus, especially with my oshi Techi looking so much like Yamaguchi Momoe.
    Then I remember seeing scans of Nanase in non-no. I started getting a bit into fashion at the time and she seemed to me like a role model of the kind of style I would like to have. I remember finding it weird to see idols doing such "serious" modelling jobs (exclusive modelling), since I didn't remember AKB having any.
    I think I may have started to give more attention to Nogi when my boyfriend started to like it as well. We started watching Bingo after seeing a video where they misspell the word "bicycle" lol. Now we're watching Doko.
    I may still be the nostalgic type anyway since I'm actually watching AKBingo from the beginning lol, but if I had to say it, Nogizaka is my favorite group in the 48/46 scene.

Also Nanase went from my initial oshi to 3rd place when some weird girls started showing up. I can't really explain how I ended up liking KTK so much...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blitzius

Blitzius Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    out of curiosity, if nanase is 3rd and ktk is 1st, who is second?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

18. KazuminTechi

KazuminTechi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Twitter:
    yveeeeeshere
    I was about to be a Nanase oshi too

Then Kazumin suddenly pulled me lol

Sent from my A33w using Tapatalk

19. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    Manatsu is 1st, KTK is 2nd, Nanase is 3rd.
    I just mentioned KTK because she's the less popular and the one with a chance that people wouldn't understand why I like her lol

20. wayfinder

wayfinder Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    higuchihina
    Twitter:
    triyantowi
    I was not really a big fan of idol. The only idol group i followed back then was PASSPO. Around mid 2014, I went to local community gathering and saw a friend of mine was watching a Japanese variety show. I grinned "nice variety show you got there, Man!" IIRC, i asked him what variety show that was, and he answered it's Nogibingo Season 2 mousou request edition. Wow! i just know that japanese really had this kind of variety show (LOL), but once again I did not pay much attention to this idol group. December 2016, I was browsing on youtube when I found a cutscene from Nogibingo 7. I was thinking "hmm, I'm familiar with these girls". My curiosity brought me to that video, and that video was mousou request for season 7 starring Shiraishi Mai, Nakamoto Himeka, and Kitano Hinako. I was stunned by their acting. Then I started to watch nogibingo but focused solely on mousou request ones (LOL I like to fantasise a lot). That was not enough, so I watched the other episodes of Nogibingo. Well, this group was worth following. I really enjoy their variety show. I started to become familiar with the members. later. I found out that they also have another regular variety show in the form of Nogizaka Under Construction (later I knew that this vaiety was previously called Nogizakatte Doko?). I watched all the subbed episodes, and I am much more familiar with the members. I have watched their varietiesand know the members' personality, so what's next? Since technically idol group is a musical group, I think I have not given them a fair shot as a musical group. Let's give them a shot! well, I can say that I really like their songs. well, long story short I became their fan because of their variety show. that's my story..