How did you discover and get addicted to STAGE48?

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Shin, Aug 18, 2007.

1. MeruShige

MeruShige Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I found HelloB Project before finding AkB48, here is where I was introduced to Asian music. I was a huuuge Hello! Project fan and because of a lot hate from H!P fans is how I found out about AKB. I used to despise AKB being a morning musume fan and all and hearing it was AKB's fault that mm wasn't seling. So then at some point in time when I was allowed on Hello!Online (my cousin got me kicked off by talking trash on my account I let her borrow since she never wanted to make one. She borrowed it during exam period like 2 weeks long and got me kicked off and a friend of mines who was a mod showed me some ish she wrote and I was pissed. For all who wants to know I was named CucaKarinFan and I never was able to used my account but one time. Anywho) I followed the 10th gen auditions where I found out about Tashima Meru. I wasn't rooting for her then I was roting for Kudo Haruka (still am) but Tashima was let go.

A few months later I looked up Tashima Meru after finding out on H!O that felloe 10th gen participant Murakami 4ara will debut in a group I wondered what about that girl Tsunku said had a puppy face and looked her up. I then read Tashima Meru+Next Jurina+Auditioning for HKT48. After that I was hooked to her and became a fan of HKT. I followed all the news I could and last september I search all AKB wiki cites till I found Wiki48 and the StageSX wiki. It took me till January to press the lyrics cite (Studio48) and just last month I pressed Stage48 and found this cite lmaooo ever since then I have been hooked to this forum and thionly lmaooo. Thanks to Tashima Meru I have found a new foiund love for Jpop in all of AKB48's sister groups. :lol:

Sorry my story is so long lmfaoo

:^^;: :^^;: :^^;:

2. Nova☆

Nova☆ Kenkyuusei

I just joined so yeah... xD

Was googling english lyrics to River and I kind of come across this site. ^.^
    That's pretty much my story and I'm sticking with it~ ;P

3. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

I was trying to find out what single variant had Gondola Lift on it which lead me to Studio48. From there ended up clicking through to here. Lurked for quite sometime and then registered.

4. Yuki48

Yuki48 Kenkyuusei

I was finding lyrics for Aitakatta and found Studio48, which lead me here. It took me about a year to finally have the courage to register an account.

5. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    how I discovered it: I was talking to the wonderful Nemesisyume (is she on here?) on MSN and I was listening to Heavy Rotation and was like "lol wut are they saying BIN BIN GAN GAN what is this" so she linked me to the page with the lyrics for that song on here and I thought oh cool, all AKB lyrics with translations and such. but at that point I wasn't a fan of AKB yet so I didn't explore the site at all. On a separate occasion I was getting into SDN and she was encouraging me to listen to their stage album and kept raving about Black boy and linked me to a youtube video of the song and to the page with the lyrics for the song. but still I didn't explore the site because I still wasn't into AKB (just SDN).

how I got addicted: well, I'm not addicted...but I started coming on here regularly after I started actually listening to AKB seriously, and started listening to the stage albums and such (before that I was just listening to some of their singles). I guess I am kind of addicted to the wiki page. right now I am doing this thing where I have a 48 folder and I have folders for AKB and all the sister/sub groups/soloists and fill out notepad files with all their songs and releases. I do weird stuff like that, not to actually refer to but just because it's fun to make lists and put things in order and stuff. right now I have a folder called "members" in which I have a folder for each generation and a notepad file for each member in which I write all the songs they are featured in, including sub-groups but not including solo songs, I have a separate file for those. so the point is, I am constantly referring to the stage48 wiki page to compile all these lists. right now I'm on generation 5. yeah I'm weird. but come on I'm sure some of you have done stuff like that, and even weirder stuff.

6. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Search engine lead me here when I was researching about idol groups in 2009 but I choose to follow Morning Musume, Skirt Hirari was a turn off back then. Thus, I frequented H!O as a lurker. And, only decided to register in the forum when I got tired of MM.

I got addicted to STAGE48 because I got lots of free time in the past but now its different, schooling eats most of my time nowadays.

7. MuhdNurHidayat

MuhdNurHidayat Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    mnh48com
    I found STAGE48 few years back by Google while I was searching for some lyrics...

I've registered few years back but my account was deleted due to inactivity...

Now, I re-register using same username and email because I want to keep up with you guys, with AKB48, with their sister groups, and with Japan...

8. Ribbon

Ribbon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishidaharuka
    ^ Haha,same here!(The 1st part)

When I started to get into AKB,I wanted to sing along to the songs and I found Studio48. From there,I found Stage48 and I started browsing the forums frequently,though I didn't set up an account. Finally,I signed up last year :D

9. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

searching AKB48 stuff on google and saw that stage48 was in those searches.

Plus exploring Stage48 wiki. One day while exploring stage48 wiki. Just figured I'd might as well join this forum site and the rest is history. Love this place and love speaking my mind about AKB48 (Did once not trust forum sites, long story)

10. fael_c00l

fael_c00l Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kumazawaserina
    Twitter:
    Raphael_Raditya
    found stage48 as a wiki first when i realize that it's a forum :^^;: :^^;:

then i join :^^;: :^^;:

11. BeMyGuest

BeMyGuest Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawaeirina
    Well google brought me here since I was searching for a good akb48 international forum and stage48 is exactly what I needed. So it's not hard for me to be 'addicted' since this is the only good forum with more fans in one place to spazz with. Empty forums are so depressing lol. I like it even more after the change, good work, keep it up ;)

12. Sônnenschein

Sônnenschein Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    As I returned from Alpha Centauri I crossed my path with it from Stage48 ...so I´m here :whistle:

For real ? I don´t know how i found Stage48 ...I guess a Friend told me 'bout ;)

13. pinkfluffballs

pinkfluffballs Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabe mayu
    Twitter:
    belletagy
    i don't even remember how i got to know about s48, but i'm gonna make a guess..

when i just got into akb (and mayu) last year, i spent most of my time googling watanabe mayu and i found wiki48, and i frequently visited wiki48 a lot and i guess one day i just found s48 somehow.. it took me a while to register since i didn't use forums at all, but i only became active months after i registered haha

14. iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    iamcrazymike
    I too found this site via the wiki, which I used to look up the members I learned about from watching AKBingo. It didn't occur to me that Stage48 was a forum too until I started looking up info on the Official Music Game and was directed to the forum side of Stage48 via Google. So is this like the only AKB48 international fan forum or are there others?

15. philipho188

philipho188 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I'm not addicted. I check in twice a day... Seriously it's not an addiction... Really... ;)

16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I was very active in another forum (Jpopmusic, now Jpop Central), which is where I found out about this new idol group that was going to debut, Akihabara48... and well, I started listening to them since then and liked them a lot.

Something happened in the AKB thread over there, and I remember reading "If someone wants more information about the group, there's that place", so I looked for boards about AKB and got here.

I mainly lurked and read lyrics. Even after I registered I didn't write much. But Acchan saying she was leaving shook my idol world and I needed refuge, so I came here. :^^;:

17. twod

twod Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I found about this website when I started to listen to akb48 songs. I wanted to know more about the idols and stage48 has a really good wiki about them...I joined the site to post my opinions and interact with other fans during the time Akimoto Sayaka was graduating. At the time, I was merely just scouting out what other people were saying. etc.

18. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

My wife got into AKB and found Stage48, got pissed off with the way AKB graded/promoted/pushed girls and left ... I picked up from where she left off.

19. JWB984

JWB984 Kenkyuusei

Mayu Watanabe!

20. MuhdNurHidayat

MuhdNurHidayat Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    mnh48com
    Watanabe Mayu made you addicted to Stage48? [hehe]
    Now, explain how do you get to know Watanabe Mayu... ;)