1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

How do the Shiraishi/Nishino combo fare in comparison to Acchan/Yuko?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Zerase, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I was watching some 4846G MVs today and I just thought about it. Obviously Acchan/Yuko represent such an amazing era that it is hard to look at this objectively, but in terms of public recognition and popularity, are Shiraishi and Nishino very far behind? It's hard to judge from outside of Japan, but looking at their magazine and TV appearances at their peaks the Nogi duo seems wildly huge too

2. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Nogi's peak is only half of AKB48's peak, so you know the answer.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. TBane07

TBane07 Kenkyuusei

Hi there, I personally prefer Shiraishi and Nishino as the best TV appearances. Thank you.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    At their peak Maiyan/Naachan were the top idols in the country. At Acchan/Yuko’s peak, they were the top celebrities in the country.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Maiyan/Naachan came at the top when public no longer cared about japanese female idols. at the same time, there was a rise in Japanese soloists, Kpop groups and recently, resurgence of Johnny (snowman vs etc) which garnered a lot of attention and stole the limelight from jpop female idol groups. Female idol group is now back in the niche.

So unfortunately, they are the top of a shinking ship.

On the contrary, Acchan/Yuko's era was when the public are really supportive of female idol groups. there are tons of show celebrating her graduation, and asked her to perform her graduation songs (yume no kawa/sakura no hanabiratachi). not to be confused with performing her last single (which is kinda different). Not even other kami 7 get this treatment.. Not Yuko, not takamina, not mayuyu, not kojiharu, so on and so forth. Another similar resurgence is Sashi, but she draws a totally different crowd and she is really just a unique case.

i hope this can change soon thou...

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
  6. TBane07

TBane07 Kenkyuusei

That was a nice TV appearance.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 1