1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

How many languages do you speak?

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Shin, Jun 28, 2007.

?

How many languages do you speak?

1. 1

30 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. 2

93 vote(s)
    25.8%
  3. 3

128 vote(s)
    35.6%
  4. 4

61 vote(s)
    16.9%
  5. 5 or more

48 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. yuminoya

yuminoya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    My native language is Indonesian, pretty fluent English (sometimes with grammar errors), Chinese (currently studying in Taiwan, so I'm better with traditional chinese, but my speaking and writing are not really fluent, but my chinese is above average though), so-so Japanese (had course for 2-3 years but stopped. enough to understand some RAW videos.), really basic Korean but can't read a thing LOL

2. sania10786

sania10786 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oshimayuko
    Indonesian (native), English, and currently is studying more to improve my Japanese. The kanji thing is just....:fp: And I actually want to learn about how to speak informal Japanese language. But I guess there is no place that would really teach you "informal" things. Except you really live in Japan and can get to know the atmosphere there. How people talk with their co-workers, with their friends, with their family, their siblings, their elders, etc. Japanese sure is complicated (but it's interesting though).

3. Echigo~No~Ryu

Echigo~No~Ryu Kenkyuusei

Laboratorium: dedicated to create Mayuyu Cyborg
    Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    i speak Indonesian,Sundanese (Indonesia provincial language of West java),English,and basic japanese because the last time i seriously learned about japanese is in second year of high school, i already forgot some of the lesson:^^;:

4. potopekjkt48

potopekjkt48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Indonesian, Javanese (native)
    English and Japanese :D

5. Kurokaru48

Kurokaru48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sakuraireika
    As for me, its 3 language.
    Indonesia, English, and Japanese (a little)

6. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    2 for me!French (native) and english!I'm more or less learning japanese but since I pretty much just a couple of words and some basic rules I didn't take it in considaration!I'm planing to learn also russian,korean,german and if I still feel like Learning a new language italian!I've also tought of maybe learning others like greek because I like greek mythology but I'll see when I'll have learn the other languages!

7. Sônnenschein

Sônnenschein Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Try the accent of the Saar area , it uses many words leaned from the french language or at least they're heavy related to it :cool:

8. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    I'll try to keep that in mind!Thank you!

9. Rinupft

Rinupft Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    Lindaapft
    I speak Indonesian, Javanese, Osing Language (native), English (i'd rather speak than writing), and German (just a little bit because i've studied it a year) and this term i'm going to take Japanese class.

10. AfoInvnt

AfoInvnt Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Marukuru21
    Unfortunately 2 languages, spanish and english. I hope the next year I could say one more ^^

11. NMBeauties

NMBeauties Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    cheekynamba
    English and Spanish.
    Spanish is my native language, but, I almost grow up with english~

12. Fushizen na Girl

Fushizen na Girl Kenkyuusei

Arabic(native),french,english,spanish :)

13. twod

twod Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Native English speaker, but I am learning Japanese. Got inspired to learn another language via these Polyglot videos, if you're interested, they're below.

if the video does not show watch the video here

A polyglot is a person who speaks 5,10,20+ languages fluently.

14. MuhdNurHidayat

MuhdNurHidayat Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    mnh48com
    MOTHER FATHER OF LANGUAGES!!! :eek:

I can't imagine how he learn that much of languages and fluently speaks them!!
    I'm learning the forth language and I think I can't learn more than five languages, so I lose to him... GG, sir!
    :worthy:

15. twod

twod Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    If you're interested in more polyglots, in more polyglots helpful information on learning languages. I wrote this article on lang-8.com last year about who I follow. Since you know like 3 languages, you should check out Moses McCormick. He is a polyglot that studies 20+ languages, and is fluent in a lot of asian languages. What makes him cool to watch is that he has these "Level Up" videos, where he straps on a GoPro on his hat which is hidden from people. He starts up conversations with foreigners and practices with them in the public. These people don't know there is a camera so, he can capture a true conversation. it's quite inspiring to be honest. The video that I link is a bit old ..he has much newer ones out now.

Here is my article:

These are people who I follow on youtube. Check their youtube channel they have a lot of information on how to learn a language and give their opinion. They are very much an inspiration to me, and convinced me to learn a new language.

Steve kaufman
    http://www.youtube.com/user/lingosteve

He is a Canadian, who knows how to speak 10+ languages. He is also owner and CEO of his website Lingq where people can learn language. He has many videos in his channel about learning different languages. He has a lot of experience . His mother language is English. Here are some of the languages he is fluent in Mandarin, Japanese, French, Spanish, German. He is learning Korean and Russian currently last time I checked.

laoshu505000 ( Moses McCormick)

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbRaUB7Hfe3clmKqqj8Nm1Q

This guy is an American living in Columbus, Ohio. He studies at least 50 languages. His videos are very helpful i find and entertaining. These are some of the languages he speaks Mandarin, Japanese, Cantonese, Spanish, French, Indonesian. Also he has these videos called 'Level Up' where he goes around where he lives and looks for natives to talk to in their native language. He has a hidden camera so that they can have a natural converstation. Below is one of his videos: its a long video

Langauges in this video
    -Russian
    -Hindi
    -Georgian
    -Japanese
    -Mandarin
    -Taiwanese
    -Indonesian
    -Cambodian
    -Spanish

poliglotta80
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOJ88yDbqOkAZXNuuYpAAAA
    He is an italian and knows 10+ languages. His videos are very informative as well.

Here is a sample video:

Here's a last person I follow:
    Benny Lewis
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0rlgUogwE4p0T4Rm87qeCA

He is Irish and knows 10+ languages as well

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  16. eki_kun

eki_kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    i speak Indonesian, English, and lil bit of Japanese and Korean and i'm still studying about it :D

17. Tsundere!

Tsundere! Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    3 for me;)
    -Italian (native)
    -English (when I went to England they said I was an advanced for Cambridge English:blush:)
    -a little of spanish from the three year of middle school (but you now, spanish and italian are similar after all...)

18. Brammer

Brammer Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru
    Danish (Native), English, German, Korean (Above average)

Can understand Swedish and Norwegian (because of Danish), but I don't speak it.
    Dutch - Can understand some of it.. But wouldn't be able to understand a conversation

19. calvinize

calvinize Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    calvinized
    A lot of Indonesians here :p

Mine are:
    - Indonesian - native
    - Hokkien - native, even though it's a mix-up of Indonesian Hokkien
    - English - fluent, spent my whole life in english speaking institutions basically (international school + university abroad)
    - Mandarin - above average, can understand normal conversation but not too fluent in speaking
    - Cantonese - limited to daily conversations
    - Japanese - started a year and a half ago. I would say around N4 level

I'd say that I know a lot of languages but not really a master in any of them. LOL.

20. masguas

masguas Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Twitter:
    MasagusRivani
    I fluently speak Bahasa Indonesia, then not-so-good English. Other 2 is Indonesia's traditional language, Palembangnese and Sundanese.
    Don't understand Japanese but i know what they are talking about :^^;: