I need some lyrics to a decently or well-known known AKB48 song...

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Unggoy, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

So the topic doesn't quite do my situation justice. November is "National Novel Writing Month" and I'm writing a novel about reincarnated idols. What I'd like is to be able to toss in kind of an Easter egg, as it were, and use maybe one or two lines in different places throughout the novel from actual AKB48 songs that may be used as red herrings or a way to draw the reincarnated characters together because of the familiarity.

For an example, if anyone here ever watched the 2004 Battlestar Galactica and the Cylons all started hearing a slightly different version of "All Along the Watchtower" to kind of draw them together.

I'm not as well-versed in AKB48 as I'd like to be, and I don't want it to be an incredibly well known line necessarily, so trying to use "Aitakatta" or "I love you, I want you" would be out, in my opinion. I'm hoping you guys can come up with something that fans of AKB48 would recognize (in English if possible) but isn't a brightly lit street sign pointing to the throwback.

Any ideas?

2. Tommy Idoc

Tommy Idoc Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    Your novel seems to have a very premise. I can't wait to read the finish product. Here are some songs that you might like to use.

Kimi wa Melody- This is a great song about hearing a melody that brings you back to a long lost love from your youth. The lyrics in the songs can be a great way for the characters to remember their past lives

LOVE TRIP- This song is literally about going back to time. And in the chorus, the narrator tries to remember their lover. So, this can be a great song for the reincarnated members to help them find each other.

I hope my suggestions help you with your story.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

Thanks! I really like the idea behind both and also the way it can relate to what I'm using them for in the story. I'll keep them on hand and when the time comes to use them, I probably will. :)

4. Ugokanaide

Ugokanaide Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Moriyasu Madoka
    The first thing I thought is to have one caracther asking for Melon Juice. It's not AKB per se, but since the lyrics for Melon Juice are ultra pointless there won't be much room for people who know it not to notice. Idk if you're going for funny but.... Maybe something to do with Fortune Cookies.

I really just came to cheer you up for NaNo. Good luck.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

Ah, this is great!

I definitely intend to have some humor. I'm going to send some characters off to do scripted drama or radio once in awhile so they don't have to clog up my main plot. Maybe have them visit fans the way they did/(do?) in AKBingo. They've also got a rival group that will show up once in awhile... There's going to be a "golden microphone" to ensure that the correct "center" is chosen, etc. Fun times.

Thanks! You know of it? Are you participating? :)

6. Ugokanaide

Ugokanaide Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Moriyasu Madoka
    That's genius. Looking forward to reading it ;)

I've done NaNo 3 years and I did win twice but didn't join in this year (didn't even cross my mind tbh :fp:)

7. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Honestly, the only AKB songs the general public seem to have a chance of recognizing are Aitakatta, Heavy Rotation and Koi suru Fortune Cookie. The "making a rice ball" movement that became so famous as a dance-along move in the Koichun video might be an interesting thing to use, rather than a song lyric which would be quite a bit more obscure.

8. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

You've still got time! I started this morning with 225 words and I managed to get over 2000. I'm certain if you wanted to go for it, you'd be able to :)

I'm looking for obscure so that the "joke" is only caught by people who really like AKB48. :)