Ichikawa Miori announces her graduation

Discussion in 'General NMB48 Discussion' started by zeroshiki, Jan 19, 2018.

1. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    After ONew no Uwabaki ranked in during Request Hour 2018, Miorin announced her graduation.

She will explain herself on Showroom later tonight.
    DT5R29EVoAAJB4z.jpg-large.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2018
  2. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    NO :wall:

I really loved her and as much as i saw this coming i'm still hurt that's finally begun lol :cold:
    I hope she gets a big send off, she deserves it!

3. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    That was a very good moment to choose to announce it, very personal.

As I said in her thread, I am very upset as she has been my constant NMB favourite since she transferred, and even when she was in AKB she was always right behind Yuki in terms of being one of my best members.
    I also hope she gets a huge send off, a solo song, a concert... the works. <3

4. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    well, otsukaresama deshita <3 :flower:<3

5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

She's obviously not getting the graduation treatment of a big girl (grad single, grad song, big concert, special stage setlist, etc).

I do hope NMB goes on tour again or holds a series of team concerts in Zepp Namba like last year and gives a nice farewell to Lemon (and Fuuchan).

6. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

This is my personal assessment. When an idol has reached it's 5th year in the idol career, the following year of her stay in the group will be spent as senpai to nurture the young gen. And thus, losing the spotlight gradually in favor to the cubs. No more push, no more external exposure unless provided by her agency, etc. Sometimes it resulted in losing the fans as well in long run, with exception of top members and several few who managed to secure their niche of fandom.

Lemon was extremely lucky to have a solid core fanbase at her side. Even until this RH. Not as big as obvious kami members, but it's solid nevertheless. I think that deserve a praise on it's own. Congratulation.

(Their coordinated effort in SSK too. NMB will have lots of hole to cover on that aspect from this point)

7. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Lmao. NMB's popular members are dropping like flies. What is going on here? We all were expecting Sayanee to graduate, it's the other senbatsu/popular members that are doing this

Miyuki - Jonishi Kei - Yabushita shu - Fujie reina - momoko - Sutou Ririka - Fuuchan - Lemon

They almost lost half of their senbatsu regulars from "Boku wa Inai"

8. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I'm really confused because I've been watching a lot of stages and it seems Lemon is at N stages very rarely, which means she's getting a lot of work. (I've probably seen Yuuri more than Lemon tbh.)

But I never know what that work is.

There's nothing wrong with it. They've had good runs and they feel like it's time for them to move on.

As much as I feel that Shuu's graduation came out of left field, she was there for 4 or 5 years. That's really a long time. Acchan was in AKB for 7 years.

It's even weirder now since 46/48 franchises are so bloated that you're kind of expected to not accomplish much for 2-3 years and then hit your stride whereas when something like NMB started they had to hit the ground running for those 2-3 years.

9. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I get what you're saying. They all have to graduate at some point.

I just wasn't expecting them dropping like domino... Other sister groups have had a few graduations too and have lost some of their more popular members but not like this... NMB has consistent been losing its popular members in the last 2 years. The ones that have graduated were generally popular with the fans.

10. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    If you look at the timeframe, again, it's 4-5 years. There's not a lot of mobility with popularity, so those popular girls have been there since 4-5 years ago, and excepting the drafts + post-Yamada, before 5th gen it was 4 years in between.

I would be worried if someone like Rei or Aayan announced graduation. But since the old guard hasn't really moved up in popularity in terms of the group, I can't blame them for wanting to leave. Plus, except for Ririka (and maybe Kinoshita Haruna) a lot of these graduations have been graceful and pleasant.

11. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

I think the catch here is how the young guns in NMB is relatively unknown in overseas fandom. So when the old popular guard gone, people started losing names to be recognized and it snowballs.

12. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I'd only agree if overseas = English-speaking fandom, but in general NMB has been less popular in the English-speaking fandom because there's no Bingo-variety show lol.

According to the people that went to the Asia Tour though, you even hear people give calls for Antan so they know what's up.

13. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

This.

I mean(Sorry for OoT), STU got much local show in the last 6 months (With quantity that I dare say equal to NMB local show) but none of it catches up to majority of English-speaking fans until SETOBINGO first episode aired. It's safe to assume same are happened to NMB, as you said.
    (And I have to rephrase my word better next time.)

Also, I didn't know Antan is part of young guns.[hehe] My respect to the people who give the calls though.

14. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I was trying to imply something more like "if these overseas fans know about Antan then surely they would know the more popular youngins" lol

15. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    NMB has Manabukun and they have all the YNN stuff and the Kawaiian stuff. If you still complain that NMB does not get exposure, it just means you're complaining that they're not in English and/or you're too lazy to look for them.

16. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Wowowwoow....easy man.
    Who's complaining here?

Nevertheless, you got the point about the English-speaking fandom one.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  17. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    It's @zeroshiki he complains about everything lol

18. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I watched the last 3 Bingos (my first Bingo in 5 years or so)

I don't know why people like it so much. Its the same show its been for 10 years only with different members.

19. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    You can say that about Manabukun lol

But real talk, the BINGO format is really intuitive for foreigners for some reason (I've only watched AKBingo and not any of the Sakamichi ones). It's easy to understand even if you don't know Japanese that well and the reality is that foreigners don't.

Personally I miss Naniwa Nadeshiko...