1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Idols x Social network : Where does a fan take his information?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by gocchisama, Jan 9, 2017.

1. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Small-mako.jpg
    Idols x Social network : Where does a fan take his information?

i have made an article about social network and idols. But i'm searching for others i probably miss. If you have any suggestion to where to take idol information, i will take it.

2. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    Thanks for the rikaikun tip. Very useful plug-in.
    I use http://www.hiragana.jp/ a lot (most likely you already know it). You simply input the URL of the japanese site and it puts automatically furigana on the top of the kanjis. It may not work on some websites, in this case, if you have an account and are logged in, you can copy and paste parts of text that it works as well.

3. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    What about 2ch? Or 4chan? Or even the Chinese websites with scans and stuff.

4. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Well, if i put 2channel, i thought it would be too long and people would be bored to read the end.

My personal opinion of 2 channel is a chaos of information. I wouldn't recommend there because there's a lot of trolls.

5. Mouse

Mouse Kenkyuusei

Tumblr isn't the safest of places to look for news about members though, there have been a few times where I've been looking through tags and I've had to see... 'Tributes' to some members.

6. Hydroyasai

Hydroyasai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitazawasaki
    I used to use Tumblr primarily but nowadays Twitter is my social network of choice in the fandom, and I'd definitely recommended it over Tumblr for following the less popular girls.

Though a blogging platform like tumblr still has its uses (eg. translations, etc), what you get out of it really depends on the community being active enough in sharing content. On the other hand, since so many Japanese fans use twitter you're bound to find something you want there. Assuming you know a little Japanese you can get involved in the fan community this way as well.

The great thing about twitter is you can find not just the major stuff (eg. that would get posted on news sites or s48) but the little things that can help you get to know more about them like MC transcripts, or even better: real-time handshake reports.

Then there are the cappers. If you are at all interested in the theater shows (heck even if you aren't) you should follow at least a couple cappers.

One downside though is that when you follow someone you see all their tweets, which can lead to a cluttered timeline. Still it's no worse than what you'd find on a tumblr dashboard.

I think S48 is a better outlet for english-speaking fans of the group as a whole and for certain girls, but for others it's easier to congregate closer to the source.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  7. M4YUYU

M4YUYU Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    The individual member threads are usually pretty comprehensive for many of the members. Some members have more vocal antis, but information- and quickness of update-wise it's pretty good if the member has a bit of a following. Stage48 is great for big items, the drama in Paruru/polarizing member thread, and if the member you're following is popular.

AKB48 times covers all the big items, but there's some bias to the coverage (sometimes it feels like it's Sasshi-times :lol:) and its comments section is a cesspool and very toxic, pretty similar to the 2ch threads that it summarizes :lol:

8. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Actually we don't talk enough on how everyone use Stage48, especially the outside fandom.

I personally only works with "alerts" and "watched thread". I regularly go in Keyakizaka, HKT, and AKB. But i almost never set foot in the emporium section, nor JKT.

That way it doesn't take an eternity to get updated. Maybe people should know more about it

9. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    Currently, my source of AKB48G (as a whole) is 80% Stage48. I was lost when the site was down. I visit the site so much that when it was down, I felt like a part of me was missing, as corny as that sounds.

The way I currently browse through Stage48 would be from New Posts. I prefer New Posts than Recent Posts because it only shows threads that I have NOT read the latest posts. Now I just have to see how to extend how long a post can be unread to more than a month, like to first the post that I actually have NOT read. Before I used to simply frequent each group forums, but that became boring because I just don't see which forums have most unread (from my side) so I can prioritize which I want to check out first. That's New Posts become handy to me. Plus, I get to know more about each group. And I don't really like to use the watch function, because I would get too much alert notifications and I see those annoying. The thing about New Posts is that... well, if the fandom is suuuper active, the threads that I'm more interested in would get buried. I least frequent Lobby or Idol Emporium or such threads, SNH48 threads, and then variety shows threads and then unfamiliar members threads.

I have grown the tendency to simply save posted pics on threads. My 48G picture folder has over 9k pictures (and I have to sort it out, perhaps about 15% are duplicate). I like to collect as many thing as possible when I'm interested and be immersed in it, including informations. It's nice to see the singles and general threads. It's nice to see live performance posts, embedding the video of it. For archiving purpose, I think that the poster should state the date and the station the performance was broadcasted. I think that it's okay if the video is not working anymore, for archiving purposes, we will be reminded that there was this performance, when and where. Speaking of the devil, has there been a fan/fandom who archives the groups activities intensively? I know ATC posts theirs with group schedules and how to view it and fam48ina translates it to Indonesian (or used to, idk the situations now because it seems that they have a new page, the old one was taken down or smth). I was thinking of making a blog for it, but I'd probably get bored after some time and never get around to it again.

I'm the type who when getting away from something for a while, it takes a whole load of effort to try to get back in, so now I ditched Twitter and Instagram. I don't know Japanese (only basic phrases), so I don't get direct update from Japanese social account sources. I used to get from Markas48 and other useful twitter fan accounts. Similarly with instagram. Back in 2012-2014, I used Twitter and got a lot of fast updates especially when it was JKT48-related. But now that I'm away from twitter, I guess that's partly a reason of why my interest in JKT48 is fading. So me say that social network platform that you use to get engaged with the fandom do greatly affect your interest. That or I was more in into the Indonesian community in Twitter, so I don't know about other communities. Then I turned to instagram. My main sources were the girls' themselves, the account that always update photos of (almost?) every members all the time and the english fan accounts. I tried to get creative and made my own page, but nah, it wasn't related to fans obtaining information. Got bored. I get bored easily, I guess? Moderately easily.

I'm more on the lurking side and grab everything from the target I have set my sight on. Stage48 is currently my main target.

Oh, vk is useful too. I don't like it being too mainstream in the fandom though because I'm afraid the accounts would be taken down like others from different sites. I just happened to find it when looking around the site because a friend told me to use it for chatting purposes. I was pleasantly surprised to find 48G fandom pages and all of the all-round (though in Russian!) information it holds. VK perhaps currently account to 15% of my source.

10. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    what's VK?

11. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Russian Facebook, seems to get hacked on a regular basis so I wouldn't recommend using it.