1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Iguchi Mao (Maochan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Hinatazaka46 Graduated Members' started by ForrestFuller, May 11, 2016.

1. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Famiresu-chan! :rofl::rofl::rofl:Sasuga, Mao-chan!:1st:

2. Blitzius

Blitzius Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    some good bits of Mao during this weeks KeyaKake. she was
    with kyoko for the roller coaster and with ayaka for the haunted house. i think i read somewhere that shes close with ayaka [she had that one blog post which had nothing but picutres of ayaka eating. that was.. Mao-esque] and it makes me happy to see my 3 favourites in segments together.
    i think she will probably get more screentime since shes mellowed out alittle but still retains her ever-so-positive tv persona. cant wait to see more of her!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

3. princessairbender

princessairbender Kenkyuusei Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui (8)
    20170515_100028.jpg
    (I have posted this in the trading thread already but I thought I'd mention it here as well)
    I have a photo of Mao from Fukyouwaon that I am looking to trade for a photo of another Keyaki member. Feel free to send me a DM if you're interested! ^^

4. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    OMG wow!! I am seriously interested, once I have my copies I will DM you @princessairbender :)
    It's a lovely photo <3

5. princessairbender

princessairbender Kenkyuusei Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui (8)
    Oh that's lovely, please do that! I'll hold on to it until then! c':

6. Blitzius

Blitzius Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    SHE SOLD OUT 4 SLOTS YEAAAAAAAA

7. Hamacchi

Hamacchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    I'm so glad Mao finally sold out her remaining slots :^O^:

from their previous HS Event
    RisaMao Lane:
    Risa-oshi to Mao: You're so cute, I might oshihen to you~
    Risa: Huh?
    Mao: Eh?
    Risa-oshi: Hhm? lol

8. Blitzius

Blitzius Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    Iguchi Mao Special

Was in Japan on the 27th of May for a quick trip and managed to get tickets to see some of the girls! My goal is to meet everyone at least once with the exception of Yonetani, whom I will try to meet everytime I go [Oshi Bias lol] This time, because of the last minute trip formation, I only managed to start bidding from round 5. The Other girls whom I met were

Ozeki Rika

Sasaki Mirei

Takamoto Ayaka

And of course, YonetaniNanami.

Small reviews have been left in their threads, if you happen to be interested in reading them

Mao was the last girl I saw that day. Because I was occupied in the afternoon, I had to limit myself to the first 2 sessions of the even [1000-1130 & 1200-1330]. I was impressed and happy at the sight of fans for her! She doesn’t sell slots and I did say id try my best to help with that. But I was still thrilled to see that she does have a following.

Upon reaching the head of the line, I noticed one thing nice about Mao. She actually follows the person to the end of the path, possibly to maximize the time spent with each fan. Her voice is loud and clear, especially when you leave and she says thank you for visiting. I was impressed by her… friendliness. Her hair was let down and straight, and her smile was almost perfect.

They let me through, and she gave her classic hybrid smile/quizzical :O look. Quickly told her I was from Singapore, and she said she knew where that was. I also told her I loved her Appearances on KeyaKake and her Hypnotism. If I had more time, I would have asked for it, but alas, I didn’t. She told me to visit again and I said that I will be always watching her and supporting her no matter what. [which is true, I love all 32 of these girls.] With my time used up, I left but not before she waved back and said thank you for visiting.

All in All, Mao is probably one of the girls that puts more effort in her events. To those on the fence about her, go for it. You will not be disappointed. I enjoyed interacting with her.

Added Note: She did receive some flowers from fans, which were placed behind her aisle. You go Mao-fans. If only I knew how to buy flowers in Japan.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Wow!!
    Thank you so much for that account of meeting her. :D gets me even more hyped for the moment I eventually get to!
    It does, as you say, sound like she really puts effort in when meeting her fans. I really hope more people take to roflMao :D

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

10. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Aww that's lovely of her, she really worked hard.

Thank you for the reports, Blitz!

11. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

[​IMG]

Mao won again !!! back to back champ :1st:

screenshot from her 1st victory back in March 2017 (ep74)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  12. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    She was still able to win even with the distraction from Ayaka.

13. Blitzius

Blitzius Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    How on earth did she survive to get into college. is she even human.
    Still one of the most surreal ones I have met. I thought Berika was bad. This woman is way louder. Im glad shes int he group tho. She is amazingly hilarious, albeit alittle weird on variety.
    You go, roflMAO. Cant wait for more antic.

14. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Here's a clip from Mao-chan's auditions back in April 2016, showing why I loved watching her, was always amazed and laughing, and doubted she would get selected:

if the video does not show watch the video here

Speaking of college, she said that when her teacher heard that she had been accepted into Keyakizaka, the teacher said it made her think less of Keyakizaka. I believe that was a joke....

15. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  16. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

10-20-2017 SR

check out Mao's singing in this SR #AreYouSure

i cant believe Mao defeated Nanako in Karaoke episode:^^;:

[​IMG]
    source

photos from Mao blog

[​IMG]

source

photo from RE:Mind
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

source

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  17. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    ^ I love her confidence :hehe: I hope she never loses it :^^;:
    She finds her own songs hard to sing and she doesnt know the lyrics to their own songs lmaoooo, that's so me xD

18. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Higashimura Mei
    Part of me wonders whether her winning over Naako was staged by management to build a Naako vs. Mao rivalry.

19. Blitzius

Blitzius Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    if the new Keyaki no Kiseki App event is a sign of things to happen, There should be a special draw for Mao's birthday on November 10th.
    So save your gems.
    There is a hardcore Mao oshi in the rankings too. its pretty insane Nice to see she has a following.

20. phikr1

phikr1 Kenkyuusei

nah if that was their intention shouldnt they make it 1:1 to make it more dramatic, instead it is a 2:0 flat