1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Iguchi Mao (Maochan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Hinatazaka46 Graduated Members' started by ForrestFuller, May 11, 2016.

1. Blitzius

Blitzius Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    is it really that bad? I know the mv was pretty bad on her. But she's still okay, right?
    roflMAO is adorable. 10/10 would get hypnotized

2. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    see it yourself, the criticism are cruel. the cruelest is: iguchi sotsugyo or iguchi, just graduate already.
    anyway she's a comic relieve for this team, an important presence lol

3. Titidus

Titidus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yonetaninanami
    Such a waste. I really like Mao. Hope people not to harsh with her.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  4. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

Youtube commentary can be the same level as 2ch, pretty funny and even insightful if you take everything with a grain of salt, otherwise incredible cancer for your brain. The few times I've read through things like these, I was hoping too that the persons themselves will never read such disrespectful things. But that's how becoming famous is, regardless of whether you're super-talented or down to earth, but especially when you're somewhat weird and polarizing, you will get hate. The important thing is to be aware of the supporters who are the rewarding part of it.

I know that it's pretty harsh and subjective to say by myself, but if there's anything to blame, it's the production of the MV as a whole. It has about the quality of a girls high school class shooting it after practicing about two days, with the difference that there's a huge company with professional equipment and all the technical stuff behind it.

Btw. the nickname roflMAO is already growing on me, lol. I don't consider her as a striking beauty or someone I'd like to get close to but she's an entertaining performer for being this new to the business.

5. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    I'm completely down for rolfMAO :p

I've now had chance to watch the MVs for the new single... and I made a point to watch the Hiragana one twice. There really was no need - the first time, I saw her instantly. She is overly energetic, has a constant massive smile and these wide vacant eyes... You could also see she was a little behind the others (ok, maybe more than a little on some occasions...)
    But because of all that, I couldn't stop smiling and was constantly drawn to her. To be fair, most of the others besides Neru weren't brilliant either, it's just that Mao stood out the more.
    I have no doubt she - and they as a group - will improve. But I completely agree with this:

It looked rushed in parts, the dance only passably learned instead of well rehearsed... and the girl with Neru, Memitan I think it is, looked like she was following Neru and completely terrified the whole time!

6. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  7. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I watched Mao-chan right from her early Showroom auditions. Her talent is comedy. Let loose, as she was on Showroom, she can be hilariously absurd. They just have to find a way to get her through the singing and dancing part, lol. Her difficulty is hard on her, as her blog often shows (she can be devastatingly honest), but they still send her out first to speak because she is a truly reliable elder. The 2ch/YT antis are just typically acting like jackals.

@Yukitie -- The DareTobe MV was at the same level of amateurishness as the Bokutachi no Sensou MV. And both were still quite entertaining. They push these out the door first, then have the members learn the routines. Just how it is. As for Memi, who's my oshi in Hiragana, she is young but a very solid personality. The others describe her as the most mature among them. She was certainly following Neru in the MV, but she was cute with it, which is the first reason she's there. And if you watch the Omotenashikai, you'll see her perform very nicely beside Neru in the production numbers, making some quite sharp moves and always graceful, even if she's no expert dancer. And you'll see her motioning to tell Neru where to stand at one point. She's more bossy than fearful.

8. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    i have to admit this girl made me the worst possible impression.

In the french fandom, most of the fans didn't like hiragana first mv. They need another chance for the solo live or 4th single.

9. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Mao-chan could watch some1 teaching SaiMajo dance on her own to improve her dance

if the video does not show watch the video here

random Hirakeyaki gif

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  10. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

If I had only seen Mao-chan since she was chosen, I would wonder why they chose her. Actually, I'm not sure I would have chosen her myself, even after enjoying her Showtime auditions. In any case, what I like about her is her personality, as shown in her blog, and especially the hilarious audacity she showed on Showtime. I was worried she might just blow everything up once she got chosen. Unfortunately, what happened is that she herself became quite toned-down and less inventive.

I do agree that fans -- not just French fans -- have to see the solo live, or even the Keyakizaka46 Show studio live, to have much idea of what's going on here. I myself am enormously impressed that Hiragana was able to bring together a pretty good live version of Silent Majority in just three weeks, for the solo live.

How do French fans feel about Nogizaka, and about Keyakizaka, in general? As opposed to 48 groups. Est-ce qu'il y a une site où je peux lire les opinions des fans Français?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  11. Blitzius

Blitzius Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    Shots of roflMAO from the Live
    Not too bad, alot of cheers for her, so I guess people have warmed to her.
    They used her hypnosis mechanic as a group thing and you should have seen the smile on her face at the end.
    She's lovely. kyk46 Mao 2.jpg kyk46 Mao.jpg

Also, i think that the MV is probably their worst performance. The AKB48 SHOW: KEYAKIZAKA46 special ep, when they danced it was really good. And the One Man Live was on a whole other level. Pretty sure the MV was bad because of timing. but they still let it out.

12. Titidus

Titidus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yonetaninanami
    So, roflMAO is official Mao nickname on stage48? excellent name XD.
    Her spell is big things now as other member did that too with the fans. At this rate, Mao would conquer the world lol.

13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

• Like Like x 1
  14. megawotaku

megawotaku Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Hustle Press is honestly genius.

15. Blitzius

Blitzius Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    her hypnosis spell should work more now.

roflMAO is still the best nickname tho. I say it out of affection
    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

16. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    I AM SHOOK
    Those photos are stunning. Oh my gosh, thank you so so much for sharing ♡ pls let there be more soon.
    It just highlights how much else she has to offer besides her comedy and humour - she's stunning too.
    And I think someone should suggest roflMAO to her. :p

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

17. Blitzius

Blitzius Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    in the names defense, it was used because she made laugh my head off in kakenai when her segment came out. still one of top hiragana girls and i wanna see more of her <3.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

18. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    She's pretty when calm. I want more of her screentime!

19. Titidus

Titidus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yonetaninanami
    So glad Keyaki has Hustlepress. They did good job. Mao look stunning.

20. Hamacchi

Hamacchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Mao looks stunning in her Hustle Press photos! I love her! I want to see more of Mao's calm and serious side as some of the Hiragana members described her.

I suddenly remembered Mona mentioning on her blog that she feel comfortable when she's with Mao, and even stayed with her for 3 consecutive days, lol. It's just great that seeing my fave Kanji members (MonaRisa) get along so well with my fave Hiragana members (KumiMao) :blush:

Pretty much can't wait for part 2 of her hustle press~